Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Buck Turgidson posted:

alright time to kill two birds with one stone... what respirator for bushfire smoke?

Get a 7502 and any p100 cartridges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

SKULL.GIF posted:

Gonna be fun checking back on this in about a week.

https://twitter.com/DrArwady/status/1425832745851179023

lmao they are so salty and trying to get ahead of it. i love it

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

paperwind posted:

My work visa for Japan got approved and I'm outta here in 16 days. Have fun, America.

(Yeah, Japan ain't doing great either but at least everyone wears masks.)

Nice!
Do you have to quarantine on arrival?

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

In retrospect I am glad I didn't end up putting a date on this design when I made it last year. Turns out its good forever now I guess.

:rip: snoo

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
THE ONLY THING LOLLAPALOOZA SPREAD WAS JOY! NOW GET BACK OUT AND SPEND, SPEND, SPEND! OPEN BIDEN!!

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Real Mean Queen posted:

Get a 7502 and any p100 cartridges

thanks

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

delta

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

paperwind posted:

My work visa for Japan got approved and I'm outta here in 16 days. Have fun, America.

Hmmm.

Hmmmmmm.

It's probably fine.

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

paperwind posted:

don't cry for me, i'm already dead

(congrats on escaping this unholy demon cracker nation)

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

I mean at least he won't have to deal with the second civil war until we turn it into the third world war. :haw:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Oh poo poo looks like someone's an agoraphobe in need of therapy

quote:

For the best protection against the Delta variant, there are times when we should consider higher quality masks. In certain situations, it’s especially important. The masks that are best at filtering the virus – especially if you can get a snug fit all around your cheeks and nose – are N95 and KN95, along with KF94. However, if you do not have this available, wear an alternative, high-quality well-fitting mask.

Scenarios where you may need better protection against COVID-19 can include:

Being in close or prolonged contact with people whose vaccination status is unknown
Being in crowded indoor settings or settings with poor ventilation
Riding on planes, buses, trains, or other forms of public transportation, especially when you can’t keep at least 6 feet away from people who don’t live with you
Taking care of someone who is sick with COVID-19
Working at a job where you interact with large numbers of the public
If you are at increased risk for severe illness, for example, older adults or people with certain underlying medical conditions
But before you run out to find an N95 mask (technically considered a respirator), here are the upsides and downsides of a mask like an N95.

Who is this sick individual who needs our h-

https://publichealthinsider.com/2021/08/10/masks/

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Helith posted:

Nice!
Do you have to quarantine on arrival?

For 14 days. I might be able to arrange to be able to do it at my new apartment, but hotel or otherwise I'll deal because it's not much diff from how I've done the past 18 months lol.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
the Biden administration is making Trump look competent.

Truly incredible.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

At this point you are either going to get Delta, or Delta+, or Lambda, or Iota, etc.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/ashtonpittman/status/1425949682782588931

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Wildfire smoke rolled in this afternoon and the AQI for my area is around 130. I put on my respirator and went out to water my plants after I got home from work. When I came inside I went to pet my cat without taking my respirator off and she took one look at me and dove under the bed. Sorry kitty. :(

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Real Mean Queen posted:

Hey I have a respo question. Apparently the smoke rolled in today, so I’m thinking about swapping out my nice tear gas compatible cartridges for some of the basic P100s. If I do that, can I just throw the good ones in a drawer and save them for the future? They’re still working really well, I just don’t want to gunk them up with smoke if I can avoid it.

The vapor/gas protection in those carts decays over time. It won't affect their particulate protection, but they'll just be normal P100 carts after a while.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

paperwind posted:

god drat i'm jealous

enjoy living in an actual society

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

WampaLord posted:

god drat i'm jealous

enjoy living in an actual society

I have some bad news about Japan though

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

paperwind posted:

For 14 days. I might be able to arrange to be able to do it at my new apartment, but hotel or otherwise I'll deal because it's not much diff from how I've done the past 18 months lol.

That’s good, you’ll have loads of time to :justpost: here
there’s another poster doing quarantine in NZ right now, coke I think, you could share tips.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Oldest Man posted:

I have some bad news about Japan though

my bar for "an actual society" is that you can seek medical care and not be bankrupted

it's not that high a bar honestly, weird how the richest country on earth can't clear it

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

So you're saying we're all gonna die

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

tales of <1yos being intubated and dying is

quite

something

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mola Yam posted:

quite

something

Fake news. Kids don't get COVID.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

SKULL.GIF posted:

Fake news. Kids don't get COVID.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

paperwind posted:

envious as gently caress

Tzen has issued a correction as of 03:58 on Aug 13, 2021

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

doom

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

Gonna be fun checking back on this in about a week.

https://twitter.com/DrArwady/status/1425832745851179023

lolla looked horrifying to me too, but it seems like the horrifying Milwaukee bucks celebration rally isn't blowing up Milwaukee's numbers either (at least, no worse than the rest of the country). the olympics in Japan looked horrifying too but then Japan is "only" seeing the same exponential growth as everywhere else. it seems like it's really hard to predict what events are going to be the really stratospheric superspreaders

personally my theory is that, with delta, events like lolla or the bucks rally are a drop in the bucket compared to indoor dining and home gatherings

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Nothus posted:

I loving love how "underlying conditions" is used as away of absolving everyone from worrying about this.

Obesisty is an underlying condition. What percentage of adults under Senior Citizen age have obesity?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Nothus posted:

lol I went to harbor freight today to get a stupid sparkplug socket because I'm trying to get all the maintenance done on the family fleet before poo poo totally collapses again, and the store was a loving picked-over ghost town. I did not find the spark plug socket I needed.

Yeah there's a ton of stuff that's still hard to find. The supply lines still haven't been unfucked from Covid 1

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

WrasslorMonkey posted:

At this point you are either going to get Delta, or Delta+, or Lambda, or Iota, etc.

I may be wrong but my understanding is that most of the fear around lambda and iota was relative to wild strain, and they are both getting handily outcompeted by delta at present.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Helith posted:

That’s good, you’ll have loads of time to :justpost: here
there’s another poster doing quarantine in NZ right now, coke I think, you could share tips.

I honestly have had all the time in the world to :justpost: this entire time. But I'll let you all know how it looks on the ground there.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

where Oster at

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Am I mistaken or are ICUS full in Orlando, Jacksonville, Nashville, Jackson MS, Birmingham, Memphis, St Louis,New Orleans, Des Moines, Austin and now Dallas?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Mola Yam posted:

quite

something

not something i really want to read with a kid due in december.

at least there's some evidence that immunity is passed along from mother to fetus when the mother gets vaccinated

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Gripweed posted:

Obesisty is an underlying condition. What percentage of adults under Senior Citizen age have obesity?

In the US? 40%.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I had to tell someone today ‘motherfucker living in america is a underlying health condition’

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

uncertainty posted:

I'm supposed to be teaching in less than two weeks and just got informed I may not ask students about vaccination status, may request them to wear a mask but may not tell them to wear a mask, nobody is allowed to talk about people being infected all information has to come through official channel, and the highest proportion of cases is right in the age group I'm teaching.
A month ago I really expected them to change their mind and go remote with all the numbers increasing so dramatically, but we also just got sent a woohoo open biden e-mail so I guess I just need to get ready for getting Covid :/

Quit! Just.... don't do that??? I don't understand the people itt who are like well guess I'll just let my boss murder me. Like worst case scenario getting evicted takes time and is still better than getting covid??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
A flat majority of the US is either obese or hypertensive.