Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Those are rad as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
The nostalgia mill is celebrating the anniversaries of individual seasons now?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

External Organs posted:

I want to see Q in the nexus.

Isn't that every time you see Q?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Bar Association one is perfect

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Whichever Lee sister came up with the title “Bar Association” for that episode must’ve felt pretty good about themselves. Probably pretty smug for at least an afternoon

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

punishedkissinger posted:

im pretty sure he only has to pay three

:drat:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Crowsbeak posted:

Anyone convinced that Bajorans and Cardassians are the same?

No, because I don't hate Cardassians.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Dabir posted:

I know they're obviously very sad episodes, but neither of those made me cry. The only TNG episodes I can think of offhand that did are The Inner Light and weirdly enough, Dark Page.

The Survivors affects me.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Crowsbeak posted:

No. What the gently caress is wrong with you?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Crowsbeak posted:

this is legitimately racist

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I was today years old when I learned Robert Picardo was in Legend.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Applewhite posted:

I was today years old when I learned Robert Picardo was in Legend.

As who?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Endless Trash posted:

Whichever Lee sister came up with the title “Bar Association” for that episode must’ve felt pretty good about themselves. Probably pretty smug for at least an afternoon

And rightly so. :colbert:

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

wrong thread!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Meg Mucklebones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxjYJayuWoA

Even knowing it's him you can't tell it's him so don't get your hopes up too much :/

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hmm... I dunno, it's there a bit.

lukevictorious
Mar 31, 2019

this is the water

punishedkissinger posted:

im pretty sure he only has to pay three

Hat drat

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

So I listened to a podcast that pointed out something about Wrath of Khan that could be changed to make the otherwise great movie better: Replace Chekov with Sulu because:

1. Khan would know who Sulu is
2. Sulu as first officer on the Reliant plays into him being captain of the Excelsior later
3. In this alternate reality Kristy Alley doesn't go scientologist and we can enjoy her natural funniness for all of time
4. Paul Winfield, his craft, at the stage, the tears fell

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Lower Decks is back with a strong start. Riker declaring ”I love my job!” As his face goes all melty was hilarious.

Say what you will about Lower Decks but the people who make it know and love Trek.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
I like Odo's season one face best

"How about a latinum coated bucket to sleep in" hah!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I prefer his season 2 face. It's not as craggly but it's also not as flat as his season 3 face onwards.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Man Kashyyk is the worst. I've known how Counterpoint ends since 1998 and I still kind of believed him for a minute, and then he made the captain so sad :smith:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

betaraywil posted:

Man Kashyyk is the worst. I've known how Counterpoint ends since 1998 and I still kind of believed him for a minute, and then he made the captain so sad :smith:

drat wookiees.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

odo doesnt shapeshift enough or in particularly interesting ways

there i said it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
cgi was expensive back then

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I feel like T2 made liquid morphing effects very popular in the 90s, which was finally supplanted by bullet time with The Matrix.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i guess that's why odo does the whole double fist hammer blow thing instead of transforming to an eight tentacled rear end wrecking fuckbeast any time he has to fight hand to hand

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

HD DAD posted:

I feel like T2 made liquid morphing effects very popular in the 90s, which was finally supplanted by bullet time with The Matrix.

Now we're trapped in a hell of particle cloud physics, where everything technological or magical is just a sparkly mist no matter what and there's nothing to focus on

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

He also just does a neck pinch in the starfleet coup 2 parter because they ran out of money for an effects shot.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the series even explicitly calls out odo for his boring shapeshifting, which was nice.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

a changeling could just turn into liquid and shove himself up a klingon's rear end

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

makes u think

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Mulaney Power Move posted:

a changeling could just turn into liquid and shove himself up a klingon's rear end

“You fool! This only gives me more glory!” - Gowron, with Odo up his rear end

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
getting up a klingon's rear end isn't the hard part. the difficulty lies in preventing your appendage from dissolving once inside.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

HD DAD posted:

“Dooooooj!” - Gowron, with Odo up his rear end

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Fabulousity posted:

So I listened to a podcast that pointed out something about Wrath of Khan that could be changed to make the otherwise great movie better: Replace Chekov with Sulu because:

1. Khan would know who Sulu is
2. Sulu as first officer on the Reliant plays into him being captain of the Excelsior later
3. In this alternate reality Kristy Alley doesn't go scientologist and we can enjoy her natural funniness for all of time
4. Paul Winfield, his craft, at the stage, the tears fell

This is an AWFUL idea and I'm consistently baffled at how often Star Trek fans are willing to toss away good things for the sake of continuity. I'm also not sure what the latter two points have to do with it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

klingons have two assholes.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

klingons have two assholes.

There's been way more than that

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Janeway's Holodeck fantasy of being a governess in England is loving weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Hollismason posted:

Janeway's Holodeck fantasy of being a governess in England is loving weird

It plays to her fantasy of being able to pull into an orphanage and go “three disposable slaves, please!”