Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Don't be a fan of anyone, ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Time to close up the plug bag for good.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
next is ben schwartz and then scott will have no january line up

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Yikes

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Ben Schwartz is cursed

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Yeah just saw that news. Blap.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

wtf

Among other messages Sanz allegedly sent include one saying that he would “swear on a stack of improv books … I’m a different person,” that he was “very immature and had very limited sexual awareness,” and that he “wasn’t really thinking. But I really didn’t do that with others. It was a f***ing big mistake. I’m very sorry. If you want to metoo me you have every right. Just believe me I’m not like that anymore.”

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Sinteres posted:

wtf

Among other messages Sanz allegedly sent include one saying that he would “swear on a stack of improv books … I’m a different person,” that he was “very immature and had very limited sexual awareness,” and that he “wasn’t really thinking. But I really didn’t do that with others. It was a f***ing big mistake. I’m very sorry. If you want to metoo me you have every right. Just believe me I’m not like that anymore.”

… poo poo

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I'm close to his age at the time of the alleged conduct, and christ. Can't imagine thinking any of that would be ok. Lot of inadequacy issues there that should have been sorted out in therapy and not with an underage fanclub.

Curious the fallout of this on Fallon given his proximity to the situation.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The World Inferno posted:

I'm close to his age at the time of the alleged conduct, and christ. Can't imagine thinking any of that would be ok. Lot of inadequacy issues there that should have been sorted out in therapy and not with an underage fanclub.

Curious the fallout of this on Fallon given his proximity to the situation.

I can't see anything happening to Fallon unless there's something insanely damning out there.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Srice posted:

I can't see anything happening to Fallon unless there's something insanely damning out there.

If all of Fallon’s professional career isn’t enough to get him cancelled I don’t want to know what it would take.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Doesn't look great for him, from the article:

quote:

The woman is suing both Sanz and NBC and SNL Studios, alleging that the latter two entities were aware of the actor’s behavior toward her, and that multiple employees both knew she was underage, and drinking, at these parties. (Fallon is called out by name as knowing she was a junior in high school while she was drinking in his company.)

We'll see where it goes I guess

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Unless there are self-implicating texts from Fallon too, or this prompts someone else to come forward with a story about him, I think his part in it will mostly get swept under the rug.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

From how I read it, Fallon seemed like he was concerned, but also not gonna be the guy who stops a party and says, "You're 16??!? That's ILLEGAL! STOP THE PARTY! WE MUST DO OUR DUTY AND GET THIS CHILD OUT OF THIS HORRIBLE, CORRUPTING ENVIRONMENT!"

Instead he asks her about her SATs. It seems like he's trying to be nice. He's not Horatio (allegedly) telling hosed up sex stories or whatever.

I'm not a fan of Fallon but I do recognize that he seems like a genuinely good guy, and to be where he's at with his act I assume you'd have to be pretty politically astute.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Fallon seems like he sucked the right dick like the first week he got to NYC and has been cashing in on that ever since.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Fallon was made in a lab to make executives think the coasts and the flyover states will love the dude.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 14, 2021

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I ran into Fallon when I was in college at the on-campus hotel after he had done done some show. He just had a horrible case of the giggles and was wobbling around and had a towel or hoodie over his head. Some college girls were trying to get him to come to a party and his very sober bodyguard/talent manager or whoever was basically lecturing “No, gently caress all this, Jimmy, drink water and go to your room, and go to sleep, I’m so sick of your poo poo,” while telling the women to go away.

I don’t really know what that says about him other than he was a mess and could not stop giggling.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
So Weekend Update then, just 24/7

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Sinteres posted:

Among other messages Sanz allegedly sent include one saying that he would “swear on a stack of improv books …

I mean he should go to prison for this sentence alone.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Fallon is reportedly a huge drunk right?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

ashpanash posted:

From how I read it, Fallon seemed like he was concerned, but also not gonna be the guy who stops a party and says, "You're 16??!? That's ILLEGAL! STOP THE PARTY! WE MUST DO OUR DUTY AND GET THIS CHILD OUT OF THIS HORRIBLE, CORRUPTING ENVIRONMENT!"

Instead he asks her about her SATs. It seems like he's trying to be nice. He's not Horatio (allegedly) telling hosed up sex stories or whatever.

I'm not a fan of Fallon but I do recognize that he seems like a genuinely good guy, and to be where he's at with his act I assume you'd have to be pretty politically astute.

Weird choice to make it sound like Fallon would have been a crazy rear end in a top hat to stop his friend from feeding drinks to a teenager he was grooming.

mlmp08 posted:

I ran into Fallon when I was in college at the on-campus hotel after he had done done some show. He just had a horrible case of the giggles and was wobbling around and had a towel or hoodie over his head. Some college girls were trying to get him to come to a party and his very sober bodyguard/talent manager or whoever was basically lecturing “No, gently caress all this, Jimmy, drink water and go to your room, and go to sleep, I’m so sick of your poo poo,” while telling the women to go away.

I don’t really know what that says about him other than he was a mess and could not stop giggling.

My only Fallon story was seeing him at a college bar surrounded by women the whole time and then leaving with three of them, so I guess that was pre-bodyguard. He was still in his 20's so legit who could blame him there.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Sinteres posted:

Weird choice to make it sound like Fallon would have been a crazy rear end in a top hat to stop his friend from feeding drinks to a teenager he was grooming.

Not a crazy rear end in a top hat, but he's the kind of guy who wouldn't ever want to appear to be the crazy rear end in a top hat to the people around him, particularly those higher on the food chain. He's not one to make waves, I'm saying.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

mlmp08 posted:

Couldn't stop giggling? Was he in the middle of an SNL sketch at the time? :xd:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Remember when Fallon got so drunk he degloved his loving hand and spent like half a year on TV with a ball of bandages for a fist trying to explain it in a way that didn’t give up that he’s a functioning alcoholic

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
There's also that clip of him introducing a band on The Tonight Show and he's very obviously pissed out of his loving gourd, but I can't find it right now.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Anthony Jeselnik apparently went on record about Fallon's drinking on JRE, but you couldn't pay me enough to listen to that conversation

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I'm sure jimmy fallon could use gorilla brain supplement or whatever and be fine

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I always enjoy it when Ego comes on and Scott hounds her so much and won't let her actually get to her character. Great ep today. C+.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think Scott was bang on the money when he said he thinks she literally just thought of a funny name and that was it, it's a method that always leads to great times afterall.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

At this point the fact that she uses a similar accent for every character is hilarious and endearing.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I think Scott was bang on the money when he said he thinks she literally just thought of a funny name and that was it, it's a method that always leads to great times afterall.

Another thing I like is when they tear into an extremely basic parody. Just thinking about Drew Tarver's Roger Peculiar, The Goose Tycoon cracks me up.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013
One thing that I've been wondering while listening to the last few episodes is: you know that movie Fast 9? Why wasn't that Fast & Furious Presents: Fast 9?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

The World Inferno posted:

At this point the fact that she uses a similar accent for every character is hilarious and endearing.

Or is it lazy and boring?

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Is it a little weird they're still using the Horatio Sans plug theme at the end of the show considering the allegations?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

FitFortDanga posted:

Naw don't think it's that. (I mean, we get it, you've been on this "I don't thing Ego is funny" tip for years :) )

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Just Chamber posted:

Is it a little weird they're still using the Horatio Sans plug theme at the end of the show considering the allegations?

Has it been brought up at all on the show?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It could just be that a bunch of eps had already been recorded before the allegations were made, but even so, you'd think they'd take note of that and maybe edit it again

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The latest was definitely recorded before The Other Two started, as Drew talked about it in the future.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

FitFortDanga posted:

nah

Just Chamber posted:

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol at the end of today's episode they sing some dumb song and then are like "oh hey maybe fans could remix that and we'll play it instead of the plugs song"