Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Phosphine posted:

This is a bad metaphor, because shark attacks are an overblown and made up threat.

Are you the mayor from jaws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Necrothatcher posted:

A reminder that Boris Johnson explicitly chose the mayor from Jaws as his role model during COVID.

Oh my god, he actually said this. :psyboom:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Mayor from Jaws was still the mayor in Jaws 2.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He did the Brave thing, he did nothing.

That pretty much sums up modern political thought in a sentence

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

He did the Brave thing, he did nothing.

That pretty much sums up modern political thought in a sentence

In making the decision that led to the maximum loss of life, he proved he was a Hard Man making Hard Decisions, and that's the important thing really

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Necrothatcher posted:

A reminder that Boris Johnson explicitly chose the mayor from Jaws as his role model during COVID.

This absolutely has to be satire. I'm hanging onto the thinnest thread in history so I absolutely must believe that this is made up for lols.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Flint_Paper posted:

This absolutely has to be satire. I'm hanging onto the thinnest thread in history so I absolutely must believe that this is made up for lols.

Boomers think movies are real and fall asleep before the end is my guess.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Flint_Paper posted:

No it's thing he actually said and was widely reported on.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Cocaine Bear posted:

No that quote references it failing. He just thinks the results aren’t important

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

does the most cursory google

oh my god

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Milo and POTUS posted:

Ben stiller looks weird as poo poo but VV looking fine as hell

Jason Priestley looks like you could cut yourself on his cheekbones.

Skwirl posted:

Mayor from Jaws was still the mayor in Jaws 2.

This demonstrates the importance of voting in local elections. There was what, four years between the two movies? Enough time to get rid of him.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Skwirl posted:

No it's thing he actually said and was widely reported on.
yeah boris is an absolute dickwad but, and this is just my theory and could be wrong, but part of what makes the british class system so insidious is that when he has the chance to say something really dumb like that, its partly to to show he can get away with saying dumb things and it doesn't matter. or, probably in his particular case, he's been literally raised and designed as a upper echelon twat who must lack social grace and be an idiot buffoon in particular ways to, again, show it doesn't matter one bit because he's so encased by class and privilege. this weird mix of knowing ancient greek and also not knowing how to open umbrella is a real culture artifact and its ultra hosed and the whole thing sucks and it just leads to lower classes and the left bewildered but that's also fine by them because the British class system is horrid and all is lost.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Phosphine posted:

This is a bad metaphor, because shark attacks are an overblown and made up threat.

And even though they’re overblown and made-up we still treat them deadly serious, year after year, even at the cost of fun and profit.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Thread.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Lampsacus posted:

this weird mix of knowing ancient greek and also not knowing how to open umbrella is a real culture artifact and its ultra hosed and the whole thing sucks and it just leads to lower classes and the left bewildered but that's also fine by them because the British class system is horrid and all is lost.

He doesn't even know ancient greek / latin though. He's memorized a couple of quotes, regularly fucks them up, and no one [in the media] calls him out on it. Johnson and Gove are ex-journos and still get covered by the Journalist Omerta.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Yeah, I should have made it more clear that you absolutely need to read the entire thread:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Cocaine Bear posted:

see also: every single conservative still thinks Jack Nicholson is the hero in A Few Good Men

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cocaine Bear posted:

Someone has said something like this very recently and I don't know where on the forums I saw it and it's driving me nuts

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

deoju posted:

Oh my god, he actually said this. :psyboom:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

SimonChris posted:

Yeah, I should have made it more clear that you absolutely need to read the entire thread:

That doesn't follow the rules for stand names!

The stand should have been called 「The Bartman」and the ability called『 I Didn't Do It』

skyelevator
Apr 12, 2020

Everything Johnson does is intentional and plays into his whole 'gosh I'm just a bumbling chap arn't I funny' and is an act. He's nasty piece of work who was sleeping with his mistress while his wife was dying of cancer, tried to arrange for a journalist to be beaten up, burned £50 notes in front of homeless people while in the Bullingdon Club (which is like a who's who of nasty bastards) and on and on.

It infuriates me because the British public lap it up and think he's a proper lad they could have a pint with and not a entitled poo poo bag that despises the poor.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Hey you, reading this post. Go have a talk with your boyfriend about being a redditor.

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1426244579502739463

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
In my mind that's why Lottery of Babylon stopped posting.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

wizzardstaff posted:

Hey you, reading this post. Go have a talk with your boyfriend about being a redditor.

I'm nearly positive that's just someone on these forums who made a throwaway account to make a joke post about these forums.

It's something awful all the way down.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Lampsacus posted:

yeah boris is an absolute dickwad but, and this is just my theory and could be wrong, but part of what makes the british class system so insidious is that when he has the chance to say something really dumb like that, its partly to to show he can get away with saying dumb things and it doesn't matter. or, probably in his particular case, he's been literally raised and designed as a upper echelon twat who must lack social grace and be an idiot buffoon in particular ways to, again, show it doesn't matter one bit because he's so encased by class and privilege. this weird mix of knowing ancient greek and also not knowing how to open umbrella is a real culture artifact and its ultra hosed and the whole thing sucks and it just leads to lower classes and the left bewildered but that's also fine by them because the British class system is horrid and all is lost.

The Dean Scream killing a presidential campaign stone dead feels weird to us in comparison, loving guy's made of Teflon.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

wizzardstaff posted:

https://twitter.com/version69420/status/1426267457824727046?s=21

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
https://twitter.com/DaybookJobs/status/1426182241659416581?s=19

This opportunity won't last long!!

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I don't know why you think he's trying to hid the fact that he hates the poor. So do most far right conservatives. Even the poor ones. Especially the poor ones, because they're only temporarily poor, not like those lazy freeloaders. It's probably the most relatable thing about him to them.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

I always figured he was an idiot who thinks he's a genius pretending to be an idiot.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

On phone, so photo posting is awkward, but look up the 1982/3 rugby team photo of Boris Johnson with his 12 or 13 year old team, and shrivel at the sight of so many inconcievably arrogant and unpleasant people. They are physically distinct, but they all have the same expression; you, the observer are inferior, and you'd better have a bloody good explanation for why you failed to fulfil your duties.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Pookah posted:

On phone, so photo posting is awkward, but look up the 1982/3 rugby team photo of Boris Johnson with his 12 or 13 year old team, and shrivel at the sight of so many inconcievably arrogant and unpleasant people. They are physically distinct, but they all have the same expression; you, the observer are inferior, and you'd better have a bloody good explanation for why you failed to fulfil your duties.

drat I want to bully these dorks so bad

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Ror posted:

drat I want to bully these doofs so bad

POV: you just suggested going to the club instead of spending another night with the pig head

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Ror posted:

That's the one! So many distinct physical types and they all have the same ' I want to speak to your manager, I know him, we went to school together' vibe. It's nauseating.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
See also this picture taken from Lord Fauntleroy's School for Fancy Lads

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ror posted:

Wait, these are 12 and 13 year olds?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

It's from 82, so I think they're actually around 17. At least Boris, I don't know if it's all the same grade.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ror posted:

It's from 82, so I think they're actually around 17. At least Boris, I don't know if it's all the same grade.

Okay, that makes more sense.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Ror posted:

Hitler: "Yeah you guys can join my master race club"

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I've always loved the difference between English and Welsh rugby. England team is usually full of poshos with silly names, while Wales is usually recruited by going to the nearest caves and finding the hairiest inhabitants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Pookah posted:

I got u fam