Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
They’re getting rid of the addict snake people you can gently caress. Not interested!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Bogart posted:

They’re getting rid of the addict snake people you can gently caress. Not interested!!

cancel culture gone amok smdh

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I could've sworn I enabled FO3-style repairing (your repair skill dictates the max item condition you can repair to) in Stewie's tweaks, but it's not there in the ini, so I may have mistook one of the other options for it. Can anyone think of another mod that does this? (to be clear, I want to add this)

e:JIP LN NVSE Plugin tweak:

bEnableFO3Repair - Brings back the FO3-style item repair menu to FNV. The max repair amount of items will be capped to the player's Repair skill. For example, with 75 skill, items can only be repaired for up to 75% of their max health, as opposed to 100% as before, regardless of skill level.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Aug 9, 2021

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Longshot, but would anyone happen to have a copy of YARF (yet another readable font)? I'm having eye troubles, and the default darn font is proving too small. I tried Vanilla UI Plus, but it's so much less sleek, and I have some mods that rely on darn to display properly (and I can't get loot menu to work quite right with Vanilla Plus).

Yarf was removed from the Nexus, for whatever reason.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Hmm, Fallout 3 GOTY is on sale for $5 on Steam. With TTW you can basically play it as an extension of NV, right? Does it handle most mods well, or do you have to be picky with your modlist?

In general, would you recommend it (3 and/or TTW)?

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 10, 2021

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Hmm, Fallout 3 GOTY is on sale for $5 on Steam. With TTW you can basically play it as an extension of NV, right? Does it handle most mods well, or do you have to be picky with your modlist?

In general, would you recommend it (3 and/or TTW)?
Unless there have been developments in the FO3 modding scene that I've missed, FO3 as TTW is a more stable experience.
You do need to be more picky with your modlist in that you can't for example use FO3 mods. These would have to be converted for use with TTW. Though most of the big, popular mods have converted versions available.

As for the game FO3. The plot is stupid and the setting doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But I still had fun with it. :shrug:

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 10, 2021

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Can I keep my current MO2 NV installation, or do I need to start from scratch with a clean install?

E: I should've been clearer. I meant can I have a standalone NV installation in addition to a TTW one.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 10, 2021

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Can I keep my current MO2 NV installation, or do I need to start from scratch with a clean install?

E: I should've been clearer. I meant can I have a standalone NV installation in addition to a TTW one.
You're a cool kid who uses Mod Organizer like all the other cool kids, so you can do that. MO supports different profiles that have different mods active, for example a "F:NV" and a "F:NV + TTW" one.

If you're unsure about how to set TTW up with MO, here are some basic instructions that walk you through the process
https://thebestoftimes.github.io/Lite/lite-ttw.html

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

thanks

e:for calling me a cool kid

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/best-fallout-new-vegas-mods

Wow, Rock Paper Shotgun is way behind on good mods these days.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

lmao at recommending fuckin Electro City in 2021

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

New California :psyduck:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Also Project Nevada, incredible.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

I had Electro City in my 2021 playthrough :(

Also they made the mistake of not telling you to stop after New Vegas Bounties II

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Max Wilco posted:

Maybe I'm late to the party on this, but I was getting Fallout related videos on my YouTube recommendations, and a couple related to Fallout: The Frontier popped up, and I remembered that I never actually tried playing it. I know it crashed and burned when it launched, but I was morbidly curious and wanted to experience it for myself.

However, when I went to look to see if it still was going to be released on Steam, I found the Twitter for the mod, and to my surprise, it's still being worked on, and it sounds like it's being revamped.

Did anyone else know about this? I admit, I haven't been following the FNV modding scene, so maybe this is common knowledge.

Yeah, long story short is that after the mod came out and got panned for various reasons, what remained of the core team decided to step back and do a major revamp of the mod, including a complete rewrite of the NCR main quest and excising elements like the sex-obsessed lizard vault. Apparently they've been making decent progress, but only time will tell how much better the final effort ends up being.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
There was interest in a goon mod at one point- any interest in getting into that?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The central idea behind the project seems kinda misguided. Why would you make your big expansion a series of action set pieces from the perspective of some randos? Who wants that out of New Vegas? Seems like a serious waste of talent and passion (plus a whole bunch of weirdos).

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

There was interest in a goon mod at one point- any interest in getting into that?

Oh yeah, I'll be the ideas man. First and only idea. Playable Guitars and smoke able cigarettes

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

these 'best mods!' listicle shits are always out of date garbage assembled by a perfunctory search on google and nexus mods

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Rinkles posted:

The central idea behind the project seems kinda misguided. Why would you make your big expansion a series of action set pieces from the perspective of some randos? Who wants that out of New Vegas? Seems like a serious waste of talent and passion (plus a whole bunch of weirdos).

The mod spawned around the NCR questline, and the guy wouldn't budge or give permission to change it. It's not that people set out to make a series of setpieces, as much as that the mod kinda ballooned in size while the guy who was really into setpieces wouldn't stray from that direction to make something more New Vegas-y.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

Also they made the mistake of not telling you to stop after New Vegas Bounties II

I should say I'm surprised at reading that but at the same time I'm not.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Fuligin posted:

these 'best mods!' listicle shits are always out of date garbage assembled by a perfunctory search on google and nexus mods

Top Mods! can't be wrong.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Gaius Marius posted:

Oh yeah, I'll be the ideas man. First and only idea. Playable Guitars and smoke able cigarettes

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49677

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaius Marius posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/57965

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

another goon success story!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cooked Auto posted:

I should say I'm surprised at reading that but at the same time I'm not.

They actually talk of III positively lol

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Groovelord Neato posted:

They actually talk of III positively lol

:stare: ... My word, the absolute insane fools...

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Welp, guess I'm in for a trip then when I get done with Inheritance mod. It couldn't all be good I guess.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Welp, must've accidentally killed a Dead Horse again, cause an hour into Honest Hearts I check my pipboy and see Chaos in Zion.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Don't you get a whole slew of MISSION FAILED sounds whenever that happens?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

ThaumPenguin posted:

Don't you get a whole slew of MISSION FAILED sounds whenever that happens?
You do. And also a pop up saying "Chaos in Zion" started.

I think over the last decade Honest Hearts has become a funny demonstration in how necessary things like the Essential flag apparently are. I do would love to see some eye tracking data from players who were surprised by "Chaos in Zion". For some reason they didn't notice the information the game was giving, so what were they looking at?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I probably mistook them for the end of the intro quest. I've got deteriorating eyesight, and will often not pay enough attention to those notifications. Though I imagine you don't even need that excuse, it pops up in middle (or end) of what can be an intense gunfight, not that surprising people can miss the specifics.

Raygereio posted:

I think over the last decade Honest Hearts has become a funny demonstration in how necessary things like the Essential flag apparently are.

Alternatively, it's something more playtesting would probably identify as a common issue, and might get tweaked so people less people end up accidentally killing a key ally.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Aug 15, 2021

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Alternatively, it's something more playtesting would probably identify as a common issue, and might get tweaked so people less people end up accidentally killing a key ally.
The spot where Chaos in Zion was unwittingly activated the most over the years is the DLC's intro sequence. Obsidian did give Follows-Chalk the Essential flag during that sequence because they realized it was very easy to mistake him for a White Leg. But Bethesda's "Let's patch in backwards flying dragons"-QA removed that flag.

Outside the intro sequence the player is given the freedom to kill everyone if they want to. But fair point about the eye sight. There are a few spots where I imagine you could easily shoot friendlies if you can't reliably see things like the hostile indicator on the compass.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Raygereio posted:

The spot where Chaos in Zion was unwittingly activated the most over the years is the DLC's intro sequence. Obsidian did give Follows-Chalk the Essential flag during that sequence because they realized it was very easy to mistake him for a White Leg. But Bethesda's "Let's patch in backwards flying dragons"-QA removed that flag.

huh so they did catch it, but bethesda undid the fix.

Raygereio posted:

There are a few spots where I imagine you could easily shoot friendlies if you can't reliably see things like the hostile indicator on the compass.

well i'm playing without hostile indicators at all, fo4 survival style

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rinkles posted:

I probably mistook them for the end of the intro quest. I've got deteriorating eyesight, and will often not pay enough attention to those notifications. Though I imagine you don't even need that excuse, it pops up in middle (or end) of what can be an intense gunfight, not that surprising people can miss the specifics.

Are you using iStewie's tweaks? One of the options in there turns off the quest failure notification.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Are you using iStewie's tweaks? One of the options in there turns off the quest failure notification.

yeah i have the setting that hides quest failures for unstarted quests

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

Sure is nice to be back in 2013 again lmfao

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Man, even the third or fourth time through, the survivalist logs hit hard.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Internet Wizard posted:

New California :psyduck:

I'm playing this right now and hoo boy is it a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Wasn’t that mod as creepy as the frontier it just didn’t get any press for it at the time? I remember that a girl sexts you using the vault internet and also the writing being fallout 3 tier