Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
🌩

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

:lmao:

(smooth shambler crew)

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Tressfx furry shamblers and when you hit them with the thunderbolt or an explosive their fur catches fire

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

https://twitter.com/romero/status/1357826692891500546

koren
Sep 7, 2003

it's wool.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Fame Douglas posted:

Quake perpetual live service game shlooter with romance options, let's go!

Finally doomguy and ranger will smooch

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Hi John, hope you're doing well.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
If shamblers aren't covered in fur then explain my fursona.

Checkmate binches.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Brb, bulk printing and mailing this

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Even the Bethesda launcher version doesn't have the soundtrack. Quake's release is dusty as gently caress nowadays.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It's definitely not fur but I'll cling to the revenant wearing bicycle shorts with my cold dead hands.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

And it's pronounced "jif"

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 minutes!
Toilet Rascal

shoeberto posted:

If shamblers aren't covered in fur then explain my fursona.

Checkmate binches.

Don’t invalidate my smoothsona thx

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Shamblers don't even shamble

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Don't even get me started on the Wombles

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Shamblers? More like Lamblers. Because they’re wooly, you see.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.
I knew id were huge roleplaying geeks, and outside of the cloven hooves it resembled nothing to me so much as a huge eyeless owlbear. But I think I’m alone in originally interpreting it as a godforsaken feathery demon with a serrated beak. Those greenish splotches make me think of the algae that grows on sloth fur, too. In conclusion, shamblers are a land of contrasts.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The Shambler is just a guy in a parka that's really mad.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

:bisonyes:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Hasturtium posted:

I knew id were huge roleplaying geeks, and outside of the cloven hooves it resembled nothing to me so much as a huge eyeless owlbear. But I think I’m alone in originally interpreting it as a godforsaken feathery demon with a serrated beak. Those greenish splotches make me think of the algae that grows on sloth fur, too. In conclusion, shamblers are a land of contrasts.

Good point.
Not fur, as the original creators dictate.

Instead, it's very soft, cuddly, and fuzzy down and feathers.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’ll be so happy if we get Quake on Switch with gyro controls.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
If there is a new Quake I wouldn't want Machine Games making it. Wolfenstein wasn't fun to play. Their Quake episode was just ok.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's definitely not fur but I'll cling to the revenant wearing bicycle shorts with my cold dead hands.

:hmmyes:

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Overbite posted:

If there is a new Quake I wouldn't want Machine Games making it. Wolfenstein wasn't fun to play. Their Quake episode was just ok.

I think they're busy with their new Indiana Jones game.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Meanwhile, ULTRAKILL has updated to add multiple save slots, cooldown bars for boss abilities, lots of tweaks and improvements, and, uh, gm_construct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMU-vHQtogo

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The Kins posted:

Meanwhile, ULTRAKILL has updated to add multiple save slots, cooldown bars for boss abilities, lots of tweaks and improvements, and, uh, gm_construct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMU-vHQtogo

Is see the twitter shitposting is becoming self-aware...

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Having given it thought, I've come to the conclusion that a shambler looks and feels like a giant maggot (if you were to press your hand against it, it'd have an unnerving amount of give), and therefore has hairs but is not really "hairy".

Revenants are absolutely wearing bicycle shorts, I can't see otherwise even though I know it's just supposed to be gore.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Do the imps have buttholes

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Overbite posted:

no but cacodemons do

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Overbite posted:

The Doom 64 ones clearly do.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Not a FPS, but it's the only Dark Souls-like game I liked...
https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pres...lease_on_PC.php

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
That's really cool - I have fond memories of playing Severance as a teenager. I bought it the second GOG rereleased it a few years ago and honestly, other than horribly janky tank controls, the game still holds up really well for the most part.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Serephina posted:

What was this thread's consensus on Strafe? I'm ok with rogue-lite genre blends, but the stream reviews seem to imply that the procgen & skill ceiling are lacking, while it's using 'retro' as an excuse for gfx that where known to be bad at the time (a la SystemShock2). But that's Steam, anyone here played it, know of similar/better games?

It was advertised as a retro game that was a shooter. When it came out, it was a mess of a game that its best played like Painkiller with terrible shooting mechanics. The devs seemed to have wanted to ignore the criticism that it felt bad to play, so they made it sound as though the only criticism that they received was that any bad reviews were from dumb babies that thought it wouldn't have procgen/Roguelite, when in fact very few people were upset about that. They later did one of those "Redux" editions that plays slightly less like rear end but it's still not a good game.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Turin Turambar posted:

Lemon-Lime posted:

That's really cool - I have fond memories of playing Severance as a teenager. I bought it the second GOG rereleased it a few years ago and honestly, other than horribly janky tank controls, the game still holds up really well for the most part.

It got pretty hyped in here, being a spanish studio who made it (Rebelt Act). In Spain it was called Blade: The Edge of Darkness and everywhere else Severance: Blade of Darkness. Rebel Act became MercurySteam making Clive Barker's Jericho (duh), Castlevania Lords of Shadows series, a Metroid game for the 3DS and the upcoming Metroid Dread for the Switch.

I still have my copy and of course got the GOG release the first time around. Getting a re-release with some patching done (not needing mods/fan patches) is great. The janky controls are going to be still there but the game is fantastic in my opinion, and maybe the true father of Demon's Souls

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Turin Turambar posted:

Ooh, tried out the demo a long while ago and was intrigued but never played the full game and it got pulled off GOG a while ago.

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005
Ask me about personal watercraft.
I always thought the Shambler was covered in pallid decaying flesh kinda like the Dead Hand boss in Ocarina of Time. Seems creepier than a sightless yeti imo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Stockwell posted:

I always thought the Shambler was covered in pallid decaying flesh kinda like the Dead Hand boss in Ocarina of Time. Seems creepier than a sightless yeti imo

This is how I interpret it and I thought of this enemy when I was playing last year.