Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Thinking about how Bryan’s middle name is Alkie.

lost dixon lore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

weekly font posted:

Yeah, I still think Jenna Morasca vs. Sharmell is worse by exponential quantities.

I still think it's unfair to include that as worst wrestling match since both were not actually wrestlers. That distinction should go to those that were actually trained.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jubs posted:

I still think it's unfair to include that as worst wrestling match since both were not actually wrestlers. That distinction should go to those that were actually trained.

I thought Sharmell was trained, it's just that none of it sticked.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Wazzu posted:

I thought Sharmell was trained, it's just that none of it sticked.

She also just didn't wrestle much. On Cagematch she has 24 matches listed and most of them happened in 2000

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Drakkel posted:

She also just didn't wrestle much. On Cagematch she has 24 matches listed and most of them happened in 2000

and all of those matches in 2000 was because Russo said "dese nitro girls gotta wrestle bro, they gotta earn dere contracts!"

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I started listening to the Butts in the Seats podcast because the premise sounded interesting (two people relatively blind to WCW, one of whom is completely unfamiliar with it, watch WCW from Havoc 1998 on), but so far, it doesn't really live up to the premise. They start out reviewing the builds to PPVs and not individual Nitros, so they skip a lot of the lower-card stuff (I think they switch to a week-by-week).

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

CVagts posted:

I started listening to the Butts in the Seats podcast because the premise sounded interesting (two people relatively blind to WCW, one of whom is completely unfamiliar with it, watch WCW from Havoc 1998 on), but so far, it doesn't really live up to the premise. They start out reviewing the builds to PPVs and not individual Nitros, so they skip a lot of the lower-card stuff (I think they switch to a week-by-week).

That's a weird place to start a WCW watch to me. Why not start at Bash at the Beach 96 so you can start when the NWO does? Or just 1996 in general so you can get a taste of the some the ridiculous-rear end dogshit WCW was doing right before the NWO happened?

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

The best place any "Let's watch the trainwreck" series should start is the first Nitro. There's plenty of earlier spots to start (Hogan's arrival, Starrcade 94) but that's the moment that WCW went from being That Other Promotion to an actual Thing.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Up to Impact 2007 recaps and it included a thing I had completley forgotten about until this time - the Kurt Angle/Karen Angle real life marital problems that was actually happening in real life made into a storyline.

Which included Kurt bringing his real four year old daughter on TV and calling and yelling that shes fat to her face, calling his own with a thunderthighs slut, and gently caress just the most misogynistic dialogue I have heard in forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbibMezHXoU&t=2184s

I loving wish I could find this on youtube but even TNA appears to have scrubbed these segments from their youtube because this ranks high on the gently caress TNA Forever list.

So instead have this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVS1V3CEl7U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKVXWNRLf8Q

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Hey... what happened to Dr. Lucha Steve Sims? I just realized I haven't heard him on WOL in ages.

When he took his hiatus from F4W he was working on a book. I'm not sure what is going on with him now, he hasn't even tweeted in ages.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

MassRafTer posted:

When he took his hiatus from F4W he was working on a book. I'm not sure what is going on with him now, he hasn't even tweeted in ages.
Steve is one of those guys who will just...disappear for a long stretch. It's happened several times over the last ~30 years.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Just walking the earth, like in Kung Fu. Not the new one. Not the older new one. The one that Carradine stole from Lee.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Glad this isn't out of the ordinary then, and hope he's back soon. I don't understand much about Lucha but I always dug his enthusiasm even when despairing over how badly one of the promotions might be handling things.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

MassRafTer posted:

Not tweeting, he's living the dream. Also I laughed at the newest best of B+V video that they're considering dropping NXT.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

njsykora posted:

Not tweeting, he's living the dream. Also I laughed at the newest best of B+V video that they're considering dropping NXT.

Can you really blame them for giving up when faced with the prospect of a show consisting solely of a bunch of lumbering oafs pulverizing their own knees?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Cerebral Bore posted:

a bunch of lumbering oafs pulverizing their own knees?

He's already got the NXT 2022 tapes??

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Incessant Excess posted:

He's already got the NXT 2022 tapes??

Optimistic to assume that it'll take until next year.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

Can you really blame them for giving up when faced with the prospect of a show consisting solely of a bunch of lumbering oafs pulverizing their own knees?

That sounds way more entertaining than current nxt

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Bell to bell Oafwar would be great.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Dave Meltzer wrote it was the worst wrestling TV episode he had ever seen, the headline on the Observer was "That Was Wretched", it sent waves through Bryan and Vinyn of laughter and pain of how it was, it needs to be seen to be believed.

So of course TNA uploaded it for free on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaPQSr_fxe0

Behold, the Worst Episode of Impact ever.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

TNA thread or...

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

but the deadlock boys said its the greatest wrestling christmas episode ever, do I believe then or poo poo sheltzer

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
the deadlock boys, always

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I was reading a thread from a year ago about "your favorite wrestlers only you like."

I bring this up because I have always loved Test, ever since I was a little fan watching WWF in late 90s/early 2000s. Hearing Bryan, Vinny and Craig praise a match with him so heavily made me happy. I instantly went and watched him vs. Kane at No Mercy. The crowd was so into it, which helped.

I think the guy absolutely had more potential then they ever realized with him in WWF/E. And looking at how much they protected and put over his finisher, the way it could put down frickin' Undertaker and also Kane, it's easy to see why the crowd was so into him vs. Brock. They believed his big boot was death and that's because it was both the best big boot ever and also extremely well-used in matches.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm catching up on the most recent WOR and Dave suddenly going on a tangent about how Bill Goldberg moving from San Diego to Texas doesn't make any sense is incredible. :allears:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Jerusalem posted:

I'm catching up on the most recent WOR and Dave suddenly going on a tangent about how Bill Goldberg moving from San Diego to Texas doesn't make any sense is incredible. :allears:

If you thought him burying Christian vs Omega was brutal, wait till you hear what he has to say about "North of San Diego" vs San Antonio.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

It was funny to me because so many people have done it because of Texas' COL and tax breaks.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

#TexasStrong #FDM

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
Bryan and Vinny's response to Granny saying 'ah, poo poo' was amazing

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Buff Bagwell now has a podcast about Buff Bagwell

https://twitter.com/RebuildingBuff/status/1427984055170179072

His co-host has another podcast with three followers so it must be a good one!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Buff teaches how to become the stuff

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope he’s doing ok. Last few times I saw Biff dude was looking like he’d been in the stuff.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I don't want a podcast about buff bagwell but I do acknowledge he'd be the best source for one.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
loving lol @ Granny mailing a 10 dollar check to one of the contest winners

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Something about guys like Buff who were to some level famous decades ago but now have incredibly low engagement social medias are so incredibly sad to me. Like a sadder Randy The Ram. he was in the nwo, something like that should assure a person more than 5 likes a tweet. He was The Stuff, at one point.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

NienNunb posted:

Something about guys like Buff who were to some level famous decades ago but now have incredibly low engagement social medias are so incredibly sad to me. Like a sadder Randy The Ram. he was in the nwo, something like that should assure a person more than 5 likes a tweet. He was The Stuff, at one point.

If The Wrestler was made today there'd definitely be a part where Randy borrows a smartphone from that kid he plays videogames with so he can argue with marks on Twitter

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

just imagine the 90s wrestlers coked up to the gills tweeting, just fuckin imagine

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's bothersome that the wrestler is very outdated. inside my mind the film features the present day in it, and yet it does not. when the child is playing call of duty 4 and randy "the ram" rambert thinks he said he's playing "callad duty 4", i felt that

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Jerusalem posted:

that was amazing, just could not fathom that someone would willingly move to texas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Incessant Excess posted:

that was amazing, just could not fathom that someone would willingly move to texas

The California to Texas exodus of wealthy has been sizable for the last few years. Its for tax purposes and its not like Austin isnt a good place to live.