Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Catpetter1981 posted:

Biden has impeccable domestic political cover for this.

Trump negotiated the withdraw/surrender and he carried it out. Both parties share the blame. So it's hard for anyone to attack him over this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean, if an armed assault on the US capitol with the intent of harming or terrorizing the US government officials and employees inside in an effort to prevent a constitutionally required duty isn't terrorism then what is?

their entire goal was to frighten the government into giving them political power. they did this by breaking into the offices and attempting to presumably hold congress hostage. it's absolutely terrorism.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Catpetter1981 posted:

Trump negotiated the withdraw/surrender and he carried it out. Both parties share the blame. So it's hard for anyone to attack him over this.

i don't know if blame is the right word. usa shouldn't have been there for 20 years in the first place.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Catpetter1981 posted:

I mean, if an armed assault on the US capitol with the intent of harming or terrorizing the US government officials and employees inside in an effort to prevent a constitutionally required duty isn't terrorism then what is?

terrorism is when brown folks scare white people

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

Pobrecito posted:

I was thinking, in many ways the American involvement in Vietnam, considered by American military historians to be a failure, actually produced a better outcome than intervention in either Afghanistan, or Iraq, for less time, less money and less lives lost.

Yep, Vietnam is a communist dicatorship. But it's stable. And while dictatorships are not preferred to democratic states.....stability is preferred over clusterfuck

the only good thing america ever did in Vietnam was getting shitloads of american officers killed

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
I'd say how would you like that argument to be applied to union members who occupied Madison in 2011, but they're democrats, they'd love union members to be declared terrorists if they do anything but roll over and beg.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Catpetter1981 posted:

their entire goal was to frighten the government into giving them political power. they did this by breaking into the offices and attempting to presumably hold congress hostage. it's absolutely terrorism.

Wonder what this person thought about Occupy.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Two weeks ago: "Actually Biden deserves credit for getting us out of Afghanistan. Trump only made some vague suggestion that we should get out in 2021. Biden made it into a concrete plan and executed it."

Today:

Catpetter1981 posted:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
TBH the republicans will try to attack him but there is no appetite for continuing the war forever. No one is going to vote on loving Afghanistan. The only thing that could be a real disaster is if they now reverse course, panic and send the troops back in.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Nichael posted:

what if healthcare free

gently caress you

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm sure they will try and blame him for how badly it went for the government we spent twenty years grooming which isn't entirely unfair since he was one of the big proponents of going there in the first place and has been a high level official most of the time we have been mismanaging that waste of lives and money.

Not that pretty much most of them aren't all culpable but no one cares about hypocrisy.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Pobrecito posted:

I was thinking, in many ways the American involvement in Vietnam, considered by American military historians to be a failure, actually produced a better outcome than intervention in either Afghanistan, or Iraq, for less time, less money and less lives lost.

Yep, Vietnam is a communist dicatorship. But it's stable. And while dictatorships are not preferred to democratic states.....stability is preferred over clusterfuck

Wowy kazowy.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Nichael posted:

i'm really thinking healthcare should be free

gently caress you

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

zegermans posted:

So the squaddies wont vote for one without the other, and the shitlibs won't vote for the other without the one?

The shitlibs are more organized than the AOCIA squad. The latter will fold for Mama Bear Pelosi

Thoth!
Apr 28, 2014

is pepsi ok posted:

Two weeks ago: "Actually Biden deserves credit for getting us out of Afghanistan. Trump only made some vague suggestion that we should get out in 2021. Biden made it into a concrete plan and executed it."

Today:

We've always been at war with Eurasia

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

HiHo ChiRho posted:

The shitlibs are more organized than the AOCIA squad. The latter will fold for Mama Bear Pelosi

B-b-b-but the libs pinkie promised that they wouldn't gently caress over the big bill :qq:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
think of all the vehicles and munitions that will be purchased to retake Afghanistan

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Hunter is devastated by the latest news

quote:

"gently caress, how could I be so careless as to let this happen? Heroin is going to get so expensive. Can't we go back???"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Excelzior posted:

Hunter is devastated by the latest news

flipping between this thread and the wwe thread this morning has been very, very funny

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/LACaldwellDC/status/1426154067991187462

Corporate whores know how to exercise their power.

surprised my dipshit rep isn't on the list. I really don't give a poo poo about this infrastructure spending if its just going to perpetuate reliance on cars.

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 15:48 on Aug 13, 2021

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/petmom/status/1426155846183043073?s=19

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

"We can't believe this is happening, we never could have guessed!" laments shitlibs who were frequently warned that this is exactly what would happen.

But, pointing out that bad things happen is Doomerism, so that's totally safe to ignore.

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
[succ]

Willa Rogers posted:

Hooker: 'Continue with the story please.'

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Excelzior posted:

Hunter Biden is Slurms MacKenzie

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

whiggity wham wham wozzle

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/RepBarbaraLee/status/1425838478328274948

yo, if you think all my coworkers are plainly corrupt don't forget to like and subscribe and be sure to hit that bell to receive notifications

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

gradenko_2000 posted:

Obama putting mustard instead of ketchup

My favorite thing about that whole saga was that Steve Doocey tried to make it into a "pattern" and showed a clip of Obama eating a steak "dry" and used it as another example of him being weird and elitist for not using ketchup.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/RoArquette/status/1426166475195240453?s=19

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

gonna file that away under "tweets that will age well"

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im interacting with the healthcare system today wish me luck

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

gonna file that away under "tweets that will age well"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLuYAzr_UFs&t=25s

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

My favorite thing about that whole saga was that Steve Doocey tried to make it into a "pattern" and showed a clip of Obama eating a steak "dry" and used it as another example of him being weird and elitist for not using ketchup.

bet he didn't even order it well-done, that monster

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris/status/1426197606066229248?s=20

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/jonathanchait/status/1426188008429166593

when you think about it, we've already won, because Holding Discipline is the most important thing, anyway these 9 idiots aren't holding their discipline

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

what

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Jesus christ

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Jonathan Chode

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lol if the nine manage to #Force A Vote on the bipartisan bill before the 3.5T is ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Lollin hard that once again moderates destroy everything while the cuck squad bends the knee and gets the blame