Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I haven't posted here in a really long time but I finally got around to covering the chili thread in my classic something awful series. It's going to need another video to conclude it, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfk2OxYvues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

"I'm surprising spry for someone with all the covid!"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Macaluso posted:

The grossest one for me was the trying like 30 different Gatorade flavors. That sounds like hell

You know, I don't think there's that many ways to flavor salt.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCTp_kYwz1E

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjnubfRy8Ws

Two Shaun videos in one day?

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

my parents boyfriend posted:

I haven't posted here in a really long time but I finally got around to covering the chili thread in my classic something awful series. It's going to need another video to conclude it, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfk2OxYvues

Love your vids, Walter. Tbh I thought you left like all the other goon success stories

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I got like three videos on pause cause I just had to jump onto the next one.

A veritable matryoshka of content.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNP9PJM761Q

it's like every stereotype of bad/weird furries from the 2000s all got together and threw a huge party, gamesmasteranthony style

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I actually never noticed how Pratchett uses pronouns in Monstrous Regiment.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Alhazred posted:

I don't think Pratchett was as much of a gut punch as Iain Banks but gently caress he went way too soon.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Alhazred posted:

Its even more stupid of the transphobes to claim 'that nobody cared about trans-people until just a few years ago' to NEIL GAIMAN.
The man who wrote a sympathetic story about a trans character in 1992!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tONyeEcozrw

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

I really like this video. I closed the other one cause I got angry listening to people make a big deal out of masks and I already understand the whole hierarchy thing and I spent the last year upset about it.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Of all the writers these idiots could have chosen to claim to be one of them, they chose Terry Pratchett? They must never have read even a single one of his books because almost all of them are full of progressive politics, and not just the parts relating to gender.

But of course the real explanation is they just don’t want to acknowledge this fact, because to do so means realizing that they have fond childhood memories of books that, were they to be released today, they would complain about and accuse of being sjw propaganda. Better to just pretend that media was non-political before 2014.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Big talk about how it’s wrong to hijack the dead… from a man pretending to be a skull

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Grondoth posted:

I really like this video. I closed the other one cause I got angry listening to people make a big deal out of masks and I already understand the whole hierarchy thing and I spent the last year upset about it.

I did the same; I was interested in hearing about Pratchett and watched that but I already know everything I need to know about Prager, his hypocrisy and all his bullshit and didn't feel like listening to more. I'm really glad that the genre of video that's just 'let's dunk on dumb poo poo right wingers say' has largely passed (at least for the likes of hbomb and whatnot) because boy I really don't care what they have to say at this point cause it's the same poo poo they've been saying for years.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Yeah, I 100% can't bring myself to watch anything featuring their like at all anymore, I could make a bingo card before watching that'd have every space filled by the end every single time, because they're just a bunch of broken record shitheels.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I once saw someone call Pratchett a "Darwinist whore" for acknowledging that evolution happens.

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

DeafNote posted:

Its even more stupid of the transphobes to claim 'that nobody cared about trans-people until just a few years ago' to NEIL GAIMAN.

No you see, one character was a viruent transphobe Gender Critical.

It was a villianous face stapled to a wall. I can't see how else an author would demonstrate someone is correct.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tONyeEcozrw

Mandalore did a system shock 2 video. I didn't know there was going to be an enhanced edition for it like 1, maybe that's why 3 isn't out instead of development hell? :iiam:

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

SpaceCommie posted:

It was a villianous face stapled to a wall. I can't see how else an author would demonstrate someone is correct.

Corporal Strappi soon to be widely praised in the GC crowd.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbZGWJl5-2g

Toy Galaxy looks at the start of the Gundam empire, the original Mobile Suit Gundam. How it got started, the creator vs merchandise developers fight, the birth of Gunpla and other such things. Its a nice summary of how everything started.

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth
Caddicarus casually dropping the T slur within the first 2 minutes of his new video :ohno:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Beffica posted:

Caddicarus casually dropping the T slur within the first 2 minutes of his new video :ohno:

Oh no

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The video has been removed or set to private, as it’s no longer on the channel.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeARRJyKkwY
:laugh:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Haha I gave Rudy Guliani $200 to say my name haha isn’t that funny haha.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

DeafNote posted:

SpaceCommie posted:

Not to mention that every god depicted in Sandman are tremendous dumb assholes.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Alhazred posted:

Since when have Dream and Death been 'tremendous dumb assholes?'

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Pants Donkey posted:

The video has been removed or set to private, as it’s no longer on the channel.

https://twitter.com/Caddicarus/status/1426199163197329411

Just to expand on this. The right decision of course, handled well.

For those who didn't see it the bit was indeed as Caddy said, and that's how it came across - not as a joke against trans people. But yeah, the usage of the actual word isn't good and obviously is what troubled people.

Caddy has always been trans positive, I think it's fair to put this one down to error and most people seem to be doing just that.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Grouchio posted:

The Endless very specifically are not gods.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

The Endless very specifically are not gods.

And also, yes Dream is absolutely one of the biggest assholes in the comic.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Like 90% of the comic's run is "Dream finds out after eons of loving around".

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Famous not-assholes such as Dream, the god who, after several thousand years, finds the women he condemned to an eternity of suffering for daring to refuse him, and goes "huh, maybe that wasn't good?"

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Grouchio posted:

Morpheus is a gigantic rear end in a top hat. Him finally figuring that out after eons is arguably the main arc of the comic.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kim Justice posted:

https://twitter.com/Caddicarus/status/1426199163197329411

Just to expand on this. The right decision of course, handled well.

For those who didn't see it the bit was indeed as Caddy said, and that's how it came across - not as a joke against trans people. But yeah, the usage of the actual word isn't good and obviously is what troubled people.

Caddy has always been trans positive, I think it's fair to put this one down to error and most people seem to be doing just that.

Yeah I see what he was going for with that joke but it was still pretty off-putting in practice. Good on him for owning up to it.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Kibayasu posted:

Haha I gave Rudy Guliani $200 to say my name haha isn’t that funny haha.

lol paying your enemies is loser behavior. shameful thing to admit, much less celebrate, in a special video

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

DeafNote posted:

Shaun even pulls up a tweet where Gaiman points out that Pratchett was perfectly aware and happy that people responded well to the Discworld dwarfs as a trans allegory:

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Alhazred posted:

Yeah, the Moon-as-Goddess being a lovely TERF (because lovely TERF types were the people really into worshipping the Moon-as-Goddess) made complete sense within the world.

I wish I could find this old blog post from a trans writer who was talking about how had done a lot of dunking on Gaiman (and Sandman's Wanda plotline in particular) in her early days, but later recognized that what she was raging against was more the fact that, as a trans teen, Sandman's Wanda plotline was one of the few stories with a trans character she could access.

It will be interesting, I guess, to see how they handle the plot if the Netflix show ends up getting that far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It's an extremely clear time capsule of 90s culture and attitudes. It's easy to forget how completely some aspects of culture have changed since then.