Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

MrLogan posted:

The other games, ref scams don't count as losing to the other team.

this of course is why the Detroit Lions have gone 16-0 every year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I don't think JJ Watt has much left in the tank. Basically if Kyler throws to Nuk every down they've got a shot.

Is there that much talent on the 49ers too? I know they were awful since they had the most injuries but I'm not convinced "everyone is healthy now" will elevate their play.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

People still put him alongside McVay and Shanahan as young smart offensive coaches which is a helluvan unearned reputation.

I'm just praying Nick Saban retires before Kliff gets fired, because the Alabama redemption tour as an OC would be very painful.

The Bama redemption tour with Kingsbury as HC would be delightful though.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1426191835568001024?s=20

Godspeed Dion, hope you still have knees :unsmith:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That Which Squeaks posted:

Godspeed Dion, hope you still have knees :unsmith:

Yeah, dude was a lot of fun

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AggravatingCooperativeGlassfrog-mobile.mp4

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

bows1 posted:

dont forget AZ has AJ Green too

Out of all the washed guys there, he's the most washed

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1426155661122064384

Get ready saints

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVbtF2mCClg

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

I’ll never forget his one notable play in the 28-3 game. Which was a weird rear end trick place 10 seconds before OT that failed so bad that he blew out a part of his knee.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Is there anything better then tiny little scat backs weaving to and fro between gigantic linebackers for a 7 yard gain on 3rd and 5? I say no.

Nov 6, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’ll never forget his one notable play in the 28-3 game. Which was a weird rear end trick place 10 seconds before OT that failed so bad that he blew out a part of his knee.

He juked himself right into surgery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY6_ZLvrgqw

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Kalli posted:

Is there anything better then tiny little scat backs weaving to and fro between gigantic linebackers for a 7 yard gain on 3rd and 5? I say no.

An offensive lineman stiff-arming a gigantic linebacker en route to a fat man TD

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1426181911442038790?s=19

Huh, good poo poo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Drafted as a running back if that counts. (this is the only memorable highlight Dante Hall ever had on offense, but it's goddamned memorable)

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1356597919567200258

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 13, 2021

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Does anyone have a clip of that one play from when Welker was on the Dolphins that instantly got him nicknamed "joystick"?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

That's not a high bar to clear. Dude was a bad candidate in over his head before he was even hired.

A lot of people though Fangio was a good hire, and he has been pretty disappointing. It’s weird that people get this hung up on Kliff when he’s mostly just been middling and the team has improved both years he’s been there.

If he was uniquely unqualified and he’s still better than half the guys that get hired in any given cycle then it doesn’t seem like there are enough actually qualified candidates to fill 32 teams and you’ve just got to take a chance on someone. I’d rather my team take a chance on a guy like Kliff than give Mike McCarthy his chance at redemption.

Nov 6, 2002

I've never heard Welker called joystick.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The human joystick is Dante Hall this is canon

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

A lot of people though Fangio was a good hire, and he has been pretty disappointing. It’s weird that people get this hung up on Kliff when he’s mostly just been middling and the team has improved both years he’s been there.

If he was uniquely unqualified and he’s still better than half the guys that get hired in any given cycle then it doesn’t seem like there are enough actually qualified candidates to fill 32 teams and you’ve just got to take a chance on someone. I’d rather my team take a chance on a guy like Kliff than give Mike McCarthy his chance at redemption.

7-8-1 Arians. Point differential 56
8-8 Arians. Point differential -66
3-13 Wilkes. Point differential negative infinity
5-10-1 Kingsbury. Point differential -81
8-8 Kingsbury. Point differential 41

McCarthy last year with Dak dead most of the year still managed 6-10 lol.

His offensive genius has been wildly oversold and a majority of coaches hired any given carousel are failures. Again this isn't a high bar.

midwat
May 6, 2007

Dion Lewis will get zero post-career recognition, but god drat was he electrifying to watch.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Pat Mcafee had a pretty good reaction to the taunting rules today

https://twitter.com/mfurlong527/status/1426218103436939266?s=21

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

Does anyone have a clip of that one play from when Welker was on the Dolphins that instantly got him nicknamed "joystick"?

Joystick was the nickname of the little Chiefs returner

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

7-8-1 Arians. Point differential 56
8-8 Arians. Point differential -66
3-13 Wilkes. Point differential negative infinity
5-10-1 Kingsbury. Point differential -81
8-8 Kingsbury. Point differential 41

McCarthy last year with Dak dead most of the year still managed 6-10 lol.

His offensive genius has been wildly oversold and a majority of coaches hired any given carousel are failures. Again this isn't a high bar.

The Cowboys schedule was a *little* friendlier than the Cardinals. You’re just weirdly fixated on this dude based on your need to be right about him being a disastrous hire when really he’s just been mediocre. Not great, but not a disaster, and certainly better than the guy he replaced.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Every time I see people criticizing Kliff I remember him saying "why the hell did I buy that loving house" and lol

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If Dion’s knees could keep up with the rest of his body he’d have been unstoppable.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Sportnewsbuzz/status/1426212480741625858?s=19

Expected

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Titan upppppp

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Cowboys schedule was a *little* friendlier than the Cardinals. You’re just weirdly fixated on this dude based on your need to be right about him being a disastrous hire when really he’s just been mediocre. Not great, but not a disaster, and certainly better than the guy he replaced.

You seem weirdly fixated on defending a bad hire. I didn't even characterize him as a disaster (that's reserved for the Hue Jacksons) just laughably overblown for his resume and I backed it up.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Even his own teammates

https://twitter.com/amie_just/status/1426176401166716933?s=21

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Kliff was a worthy hire because he was at least someone who hadn't already failed as a HC yet. He might not be good but he's at least somewhat competent or just mediocre which is better than giving Matt Patricia or Freddie Kitchens another job

His Offensive Genius title is a little overblown for sure, but he absolutely hosed BoB in that trade for Hopkins

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nodoze posted:

Kliff was a worthy hire because he was at least someone who hadn't already failed as a HC yet.

He was literally fired as a head coach though. By his alma mater where people really really liked him. Yeah not the same level and the job's quite a bit different, but that did happen right before he was immediately hired by the Cards.

I wanted him to go the OC route because I do think he's a good offensive mind. Just...not someone who should be in charge of everything, at least as soon as he was.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

R.D. Mangles posted:

The human joystick is Dante Hall this is canon

The only Human Joystick still in the league is Robert Kraft

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Grittybeard posted:

He was literally fired as a head coach though. By his alma mater where people really really liked him. Yeah not the same level and the job's quite a bit different, but that did happen right before he was immediately hired by the Cards.

I wanted him to go the OC route because I do think he's a good offensive mind. Just...not someone who should be in charge of everything, at least as soon as he was.

I meant as a NFL coach but yes you are right

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

I wanted him as OC at USC so badly

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

He can be in charge of decorating my mansion

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Vengarr posted:

The only Human Joystick still in the league is Robert Kraft

Lol

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Soul Glo posted:

Titan upppppp

More proof the Titans are in fact AFC North.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

The thing is the “being in charge of everything so soon” hasn’t really been the problem at Arizona. It’s not like the team is an organizational mess. They’ve made some good roster moves and put together a watchable product. The biggest issues have actually been due to his play calling.

If he fails on the NFL it’s going to be for different reasons than he failed in the NCAA.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

You seem weirdly fixated on defending a bad hire. I didn't even characterize him as a disaster (that's reserved for the Hue Jacksons) just laughably overblown for his resume and I backed it up.

He was an *interesting* hire which I’ll take every day over the boring rear end safe choices NFL teams make year after year that come in without and vision or plan, spin their wheels, and leave three years later with the team in need of another rebuild.

I view hiring him the same way I view the Rams trading away all of their picks: it’s cool when teams take risks and make bold decisions. The league as a whole is far too risk averse.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

The pile of young promising receivers behind him certainly did not help his case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
It's not just Kliffs playcalling, it's his gameplans and installs that suck as well.