Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lysan Lurraxol
Jun 27, 2013
I feel like started strong but now crawling has been the case for every season for a while now. I can't remember the last US season that felt like it had a compelling endgame --- 8, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
The best part about this episode was the end of untucked. Bless her heart.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

resting mitch face posted:

The best part about this episode was the end of untucked. Bless her heart.

I haven't watched Untucked at all this season. Anything noteworthy?

Edit: I had no idea Drag Tots was a real thing. It's uh, something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEu0MZ-bdJo

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Aug 13, 2021

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I thought . Trinity . should've won this challenge to be honest, but I guess I expected them to spread out the wins a little.

I like the song for the lipsync on its own but it wasn't really a good fit for, well, a lipsync.

Anyway #TeamTrinity

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

blizzardvizard posted:

I thought . Trinity . should've won this challenge to be honest, but I guess I expected them to spread out the wins a little.

I like the song for the lipsync on its own but it wasn't really a good fit for, well, a lipsync.

Anyway #TeamTrinity

I agree with everything in this post.

The thing about the song is that it's a little dancey, but not fast-paced enough to be really good for showing off moves. And then it also doesn't have enough emotional depth to make the face journey really exciting either.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I liked the part where Kylie cosplayed as Krysten Sinema :grin:

And was it just me or did Ra'Jah throw that lipsync to avoid needing to pick the top 4?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Combed Thunderclap posted:

And was it just me or did Ra'Jah throw that lipsync to avoid needing to pick the top 4?

Neither one did a great job at the lip sync. At this point I'm rooting for I don't care.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I'm honestly so bored at this point. I don't dislike any of the top 4 but what a lame season overall.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Ra'Jah winning in purple feels so correct.

That lip sync was a choice though.

Last two episodes have been a little weak, but this season hasn't hit any lows as low as the past several have, imo. Hope the GwaG lives up to the hype and maybe reinvigorates things. I just wanna see all the queens again.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

I liked the part where Kylie cosplayed as Krysten Sinema :grin:

Rofl, I was like "who does she remind me of?" and it clicked halfway through her monologue.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I feel like Trinity voting for herself to go home next is not going to sit well with Ru

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I thought she looked like Anathema Device, if she really went full in on the whole witch thing.

I've never really liked the "create a character and do a voiceover" challenges. It was fun in season 7 but the only one I remember is Katya's for being absolutely unhinged. It's just really awkward watching them stand there for like 2 minutes while they read a madlibs paragraph over it. The fact that it was a tie in to a kid's show that nobody watching is in the target audience, nor has any nostalgia for was also hard to sit through. I'd have rather just had Bianca and Latrice show up for real.

Also holy poo poo, they film 2 episodes a week, iirc? It might just be 1 but even with the smaller timescale they've really just had Jiggly and Serena sitting in a hotel room for a goddamn month while they yammer on about the Game Within A Game and don't actually do anything about it until the top four. Goddamn. At least in season 4 and 5 they got to go home after being eliminated.

curiousTerminal fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Aug 13, 2021

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Someone's gotta explain to me what Charli XCX has to do with gay culture cause I don't think I've seen such a bored and out of place guest judge in a long rear end time lol

Also what a terrible song and waste of an amazing LSA

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I know this ending has been a bit slow, but I'm thankful we didn't get another All Stars 5.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Nihonniboku posted:

I haven't watched Untucked at all this season. Anything noteworthy?
The girls get along so well, so no, nothing noteworthy. The last one was good only for the Game Within a Game twist.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Eej posted:

Someone's gotta explain to me what Charli XCX has to do with gay culture cause I don't think I've seen such a bored and out of place guest judge in a long rear end time lol

I feel like she's had some dance hits, and gay men idolize female pop singers more than any gay man that isn't showing hole on main.

They've had guest judges who were far more removed from gay culture than her though. I seem to recall a couple straight NBA players who have been guest judges.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Aug 13, 2021

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

The girls get along so well, so no, nothing noteworthy. The last one was good only for the Game Within a Game twist.

Wait, what happened there last episode? I have not been watching the untucked this season.

I don't think this season has sucked either. It has been a solid all stars season. This episode was a bit ho hum, but in general, it's one of the better ones.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I love Ra'jah not giving a gently caress and being like, well they are my competition - why SHOULDN'T I throw em out? Like, thats the goddamn game.

That lipsync was garbage tho - the song choice was stupid and doesn't lend itself well to this format.

But yeah, at this point IDGAG who wins - they are all decent in their own right. It's gonna be another few weeks tho, eh? Like the GWaG is gonna be the entire episode.

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
quad crowning? winner winner /four/ chicken dinners

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Four stacked crowns on Ra'Jah's head

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Ginger is an absolute pro and extremely well-regarded among her peers so it’s hard for me to see her losing this season but Ra’Jah has demonstrated great personal and stylistic growth over this run. She’s listened to advice and “conquered her inner saboteur” multiple times this season by getting out of her head and slaying the ensuing challenge and that’s production catnip

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Me seeing the lipsync assassin: :unsmith:

Me seeing the lipsync song: :smith:

I adore Kameron Michaels and need her on All Stars, STAT! ...Or just more WoW+ shows, either works for me.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Eej posted:

Also what a terrible song and waste of an amazing LSA

Charli was big friends with SOPHIE, hopefully once Ru is replaced her influence will be seen

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

A God drat Ghost posted:

Wait, what happened there last episode? I have not been watching the untucked this season.

First of all, Kameron pulling the lipstick of her fellow top 4 girl was :(

Since this untucked episode is the one before the GAAAAME WITHIN A GAAAME, Eureka gets the memo that she has to immediately report back to the mainstage for a lip-sync. Instead of her digesting the mini-game like the other eliminated queens, it was like, "Chop chop bitch, glue your wig on and let's go." So she had some very Eureka! emotions.

So if the reddit t was right, the game within a game is going to be a lip-sync battle royale for one of the eliminated to return to the competition..

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

So if the reddit t was right, the game within a game is going to be a lip-sync battle royale for one of the eliminated to return to the competition..

I'm curious to see who would come back, because none of the eliminated queens are particularly good lip syncers, or what I would call a lip sync assassin.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Clavavisage posted:

Charli was big friends with SOPHIE, hopefully once Ru is replaced her influence will be seen

ru will live forever out of spite and petroleum

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I'm not usually one to comment on makeup since I'm a clueless straight, but I think Ra'Jah had one of my favorites of all time this week

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I thought Ginger looked absolutely delicious this week

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, her constructed look was one of my favorites she's worn. It's odd considering the kind of choices she makes for some of her prepared runways.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Drag Race Philippines was just announced.

I'm exhausted. I ended up only watching the first episode of Espana, and I'm not watching season 2 of Holland (although I did quite like season 1).

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
In a similar vein:

https://twitter.com/bouletbrothers/status/1427332693616783362

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Is there such a thing as too much Drag? RuPaul intends to find out

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

At least I know I'll be watching this one. :woop:

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Netherlands Holland S02 continues to be one of the better Drag Races. Idk if theyre just richer or what but the looks have been really good so far.

punishedkissinger fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Aug 18, 2021

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

punishedkissinger posted:

Netherlands Holland S02 continues to be one of the better Drag Races. Idk if theyre just richer or what but the looks have been really good so far.

It may be that the Dutch drag scene is more look focused over all. While the looks in the first season were stellar, I remember the performance challenges and lip syncs were a little lackluster.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Drag Race UK 3 has announced the cast and one of the queens is called Choriza May, which is a frankly amazing name.

So much drag fatigue though.

https://twitter.com/dragraceukbbc/status/1417408729109221376?s=21

https://twitter.com/dragraceukbbc/status/1427903118172467208?s=21

:siren: HOLY poo poo WE HAVE AN CIS WOMAN DRAG QUEEN :siren:

US Drag Race would never.

EDIT: Edited AFAB into Cis Woman to clarify things. Apologies for misunderstandings :)

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Aug 18, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

drat, guess I'm team Charity, and I guess I still like Veronica

jimmydalad posted:

:siren: HOLY poo poo WE HAVE AN AFAB DRAG QUEEN :siren:

US Drag Race would never.
:crossarms:

Already blocked S13 from memory?

EDIT: Kitty Scott-Claus is an incredible drag name

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Aug 18, 2021

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

drat, guess I'm team Charity, and I guess I still like Veronica

:crossarms:

Already blocked S13 from memory?

EDIT: Kitty Scott-Claus is an incredible drag name

Victoria Scone is a Cis Female and isn’t trans to the best of my knowledge. I know Gottmik was our first trans man but I think Victoria still identifies as a woman.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 18, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ah, didn't realize she said it in her video. Does AFAB mean something different than it did 5 years ago or did I never quite get what it meant in the first place? Is it implied to mean AFAB-and-also-identifies-as-such or something?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

jimmydalad posted:

Victoria Scone is a Cis Female and isn’t trans to the best of my knowledge. I know Gottmik was our first trans woman but I think Victoria still identifies as a woman.

I know it’s an innocent mistake but if cis woman is what you mean then say that - Gottmik was AFAB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Jakabite posted:

I know it’s an innocent mistake but if cis woman is what you mean then say that - Gottmik was AFAB.

Yeah, that's my bad. Edited the post to reflect and clarify.