Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Kazinsal posted:

careful, he might PM you his tax return

income so large it'll overflow my pm storage space. a brilliant denial of service attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
remember folks, negative attention is still attention.

toddlers know it, and now you do too

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Methanar posted:

I mean I'm not embarrassed by it.

Ukrainian refugees fleeing to canada were victims hth
Tons of people in alberta and saskatchewan are ukrainian ancestry

https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discover/immigration/history-ethnic-cultural/Pages/ukrainian.aspx

But I suppose that doesn't fit the narrative that, actually, Ukrainians are actually bad white people who stole land.

what about Ukrainian monuments to literal SS nazis you disingenuous gently caress

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

infernal machines posted:

Hey man, that one guy had a huge meltdown and got banned. That was a pretty good time.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

I already did because I'm as dumb as a toddler :smug:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Virtual Russian posted:

Hey man, that one guy had a huge meltdown and got banned. That was a pretty good time.

yeah, but are the odds that'll happen twice?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

yeah, but are the odds that'll happen twice?

not good, neither of the mods seem to know this thread exists

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kazinsal posted:

pessimistically I'm pretty sure poo poo's not going to change so learn how to make preserves and smoke fish for keeping in your local tribal commune's storage cave to get through the winter now because the post-collapse neopaleolithic isn't going to have youtube

im certainly not going to be using stone tools when there are millions of worthless rusting SUVs to harvest for metals in the post apocalypse

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Kazinsal posted:

not good, neither of the mods seem to know this thread exists

I'm going to post something I'm not allowed to then

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

:regd13:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Rutibex posted:

im certainly not going to be using stone tools when there are millions of worthless rusting SUVs to harvest for metals in the post apocalypse

fair enough, I suppose realistically rail tracks are basically just odd shaped steel blanks

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Kazinsal posted:

fair enough, I suppose realistically rail tracks are basically just odd shaped steel blanks

they are often extremely high tension steel blanks tho. be careful

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

BattleMaster posted:

I get why people in Ukraine and Finland and such didn't really like the Soviets but I'm kind of shocked by how many people thought that was a good excuse to say "yes please sign me up for the maximum warcrimes division of the loving nazi party"

IMO hang any who are still alive and bulldoze their monuments

The SS were the ones who generally handled non-German volunteers, whether Waffen-SS or auxiliary police or whatever. A Ukranian or Finn or etc. wouldn't have had an option to join a regular Heer unit if they wanted to be in an army that got to shoot/war crime Soviets.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Vermain posted:

i really liked him a couple days ago making it sound like the choice is between continuing to use fossil fuels at current rates forever and living in stone age huts and banging clubs together
this is the thread consensus but replace fossil fuels with fuk nukes

Entropic posted:

Yes, it is literally a monument to an SS division that has an “Atrocities” section in their Wikipedia article if you look them up.
was there a waffen ss that did not commit atrocities? were they not pretty much chosen specifically to do the most heinous crimes imaginable

BattleMaster posted:

I get why people in Ukraine and Finland and such didn't really like the Soviets but I'm kind of shocked by how many people thought that was a good excuse to say "yes please sign me up for the maximum warcrimes division of the loving nazi party"
regarding the canadian diaspora rooting for these monsters: a lot of them left around the time of the revolution, they’re the descendants of kulaks (wealthy farmers who had their land redistributed), they are the anti castro cubans of eastern europe and are reactionary to anything communist or russian. I won’t say what I think should happen to these people

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

was there a waffen ss that did not commit atrocities? were they not pretty much chosen specifically to do the most heinous crimes imaginable

this one has a writeup on wikipedia though

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

BattleMaster posted:

IMO hang any who are still alive and bulldoze their monuments

I used to spend a lot of effort defending Finland and their history in the 40s, but then I learned that they still had swastikas on their air force until 2020, and still hand out military medals with them.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Buddhism has swastikas :kiddo:

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I used to spend a lot of effort defending Finland and their history in the 40s, but then I learned that they still had swastikas on their air force until 2020, and still hand out military medals with them.

Apparently they started doing it in 1918 so it even predates the existence of Nazism :eng101:

crazy eyes mustafa has issued a correction as of 16:49 on Aug 13, 2021

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Buddhism has swastikas :kiddo:

Apparently they started doing it in 1918 so it even predates the existence of Nazism :eng101:

Oh I know.

But after WW2 ended they should've been like "hmm... Maybe let's get rid of these since is the primary identification icon of the nazis, people whom we allied with"

I do feel bad for Buddhists, having their icon dragged through the mud.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Nah, I like that they went completely the other way, cause they probably have pickle jars that lasted longer than the third reich

Indians during Diwali should totally own that poo poo too

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
reclaim the symbol. rob it of its negative power

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i find i'm spending a lot of time explaining these swastika tattoos. i'm "taking it back" you see

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

you're right, just wave a swastika flag everywhere, claim you're retaking the symbol, this is a great plan

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Vaccine mandatory for Canadian Federal Employees and many travellers

quote:

This is not a recommendation. Intergovernmental Affairs Minister Dominic LeBlanc said that all public servants and employees in federally regulated sectors must comply with the vaccine mandate or risk losing their jobs.

Starting soon, all commercial air travellers and passengers on interprovincial trains and large marine vessels with overnight accommodations (such as cruise ships) will have to be vaccinated, Alghabra said. He said accommodations will be made for "those few who are unable to be vaccinated," such as testing and screening.

This is setting a precedent to getting vaccinated (not just against COVID-19) in other industries as well. It's making it more inconvenient to not be immunized, which is hopefully what will get the rest of the country to get their drat shots. :ohdear:

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

oh wow it's like a 2009 south park episode

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
i love when some dumbass kramers into this thread and has a huge meltdown and then there's like 150 posts ill never read but i can get the gist of the bullshit from like the last 3 quotes

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Vaccine mandatory for Canadian Federal Employees and many travellers

This is setting a precedent to getting vaccinated (not just against COVID-19) in other industries as well. It's making it more inconvenient to not be immunized, which is hopefully what will get the rest of the country to get their drat shots. :ohdear:

I said vaccine passports are good because get loving vaccinated, and had a friend go off about how not only are vaccine passports bad, but regular passports are bad because they're statist propaganda and governments shouldn't exist. Dudes an unemployed bitcoin libertarian :lol:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

CLAM DOWN posted:

you're right, just wave a swastika flag everywhere, claim you're retaking the symbol, this is a great plan

As an somebody with Albertan heritage, this is my burden to bare

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

heritage not hate

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Methanar posted:

ukrainians were victims

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

that is correct, many fellow ukrainians (as well as jews and poles) were victims of the ukrainian nazis being memorialized by that monument

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
lol it just hit the news that theyre making federal employees take the vaxx and my antivax coworkers are having an absolute meltdown

its the same idiots who swore theyd never wear masks and would "stand up" to the government but are now wearing masks every goddamn day cause theyre little bitches

oh man this is the best

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
you should encourage them to resign in protest

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/l_stone/status/1426254794600157189?s=19

And O'Toole immediately trips over his own dick in his rush to try to own the Liberals

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Speaking about tripping over dicks...

https://twitter.com/CPC_HQ/status/1426242355422765056?s=20

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Yeah click through on the vid. It's super bad

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

it blows my mind that people dont understand that vaccines have never actually prevented you from getting sick and instead it's just like handing your immune system a gun to take down the disease if you do happen to get it?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

I've done better edits high off my balls.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

oh my god

now I have to vote Liberal just so Trudeau keeps making these guys mad

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

aahahahah what the gently caress is that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

the cons should have hired lord dankenstein or whatever that guy was who was making all those rad trump meme videos