Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And then there's this 70 year old hermit that lives in a cave in Serbia who has gotten the vaxx.

quote:

Almost 20 years ago, Mr Panta Petrovic made social distancing a lifestyle choice when he moved into a tiny Serbian mountain cave to avoid society.

Last year, on one of his visits to town, the dreadlocked man with a long beard found out there was a pandemic raging. After vaccines against Covid-19 became available, he got jabbed and urges everyone to do the same.

"It (the virus) does not pick. It will come here to my cave, too," the 70-year-old told AFP in his cave on the forested Stara Planina mountain in southern Serbia.

The cave Mr Petrovic calls home is accessible only by a steep climb that is not for the faint-hearted.

It is equipped with an old rusty bathtub that he uses as a toilet, some benches and a stack of hay that serves as a bed.
This crazy old bastard has more common sense than a lot of the idiots out there and that says something.
https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/serbian-cave-hermit-gets-covid-19-vaccine-urges-others-to-follow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Gynovore posted:

You don't 'make' counties, they just sorta happen.

EDIT: the details escape me at the moment, but there's a county somewhere in Nevada with no people. As a corollary, you can murder someone there with no consequences, because the law states that you have to be tried by a jury of people living in that county, which is impossible.

No, that's Yellowstone, which the District of Wyoming has jurisdiction over all crimes committed in, including those parts of the park which lie in Idaho and Montana. So if you invoke your right to a jury trial for a crime committed in the Idaho section, you'd need to find a jury composed of people who are all simultaneously Idaho and District of Wyoming residents—but the Idaho part of Yellowstone has 0 population.

The place in Nevada you're thinking of was one of three counties in the US with 0 COVID cases as of nearly a year ago, with a population of nearly 1,000.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Just had a look at current ICU usage stats

Alabama 95.08%
Texas 92.28%
Georgia 92.08%
Florida 91.17%
Mississippi 90.86%

about 1500 available beds for 70 million people

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Fun fact. Antivaxxers are basically modern day martyrs really to die to stand up for what the believe in.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Lodin posted:

And then there's this 70 year old hermit that lives in a cave in Serbia who has gotten the vaxx.

This crazy old bastard has more common sense than a lot of the idiots out there and that says something.
https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/serbian-cave-hermit-gets-covid-19-vaccine-urges-others-to-follow

this dude is cool as hell. i would go poop in his bathtub toilet.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Fuschia tude posted:

No, that's Yellowstone, which the District of Wyoming has jurisdiction over all crimes committed in, including those parts of the park which lie in Idaho and Montana. So if you invoke your right to a jury trial for a crime committed in the Idaho section, you'd need to find a jury composed of people who are all simultaneously Idaho and District of Wyoming residents—but the Idaho part of Yellowstone has 0 population.

The place in Nevada you're thinking of was one of three counties in the US with 0 COVID cases as of nearly a year ago, with a population of nearly 1,000.

I think he meant this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullfrog_County,_Nevada

A nuclear waste dump made its own county to avoid local politics, where literally anything, including murder on a broad daylight, would have flown under the radar because there was not enough people to form a jury of peers that could dish out a ruling.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
This all sounds like a sovereign citizen thing where the legal system is treated as an inviolable system of magic where you can be immune if you learn the right spells.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Well, I was actually looking forward to going back on to campus this semester but now...

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Well, I was actually looking forward to going back on to campus this semester but now...

Gibson told The Bee that the district’s position is that the incident “absolutely should be prosecuted” by law enforcement.

“Assaulting a staff member will never be tolerated on any school campus, and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law,” Gibson wrote to parents. “I beg that we do our best to set all feelings aside and look at what is best for students.”

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article253451359.html

Assaulting my daughters teacher on the first day of school to own the liberals.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
I've basically been on lockdown since July of last year. I did get vaxxed, though. However, I allow myself go the the bar on Thursdays for lunch, just to get out of the house once a week.

I found out today that, after I finished my lunch there yesterday and left, it closed down. 10 employees have tested positive for COVID.

Guess I'm really gonna quarantine for a couple weeks, now. drat the Delta.

Blargh.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Saw this from my county's twitter account just now lol. If you're just strongly advising people to wear masks why the gently caress does it matter when this goes into effect?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Nitis posted:

I've basically been on lockdown since July of last year. I did get vaxxed, though. However, I allow myself go the the bar on Thursdays for lunch, just to get out of the house once a week.

I found out today that, after I finished my lunch there yesterday and left, it closed down. 10 employees have tested positive for COVID.

Blargh.

some serious old school posting vibe right here

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

explosivo posted:

Saw this from my county's twitter account just now lol. If you're just strongly advising people to wear masks why the gently caress does it matter when this goes into effect?

They don't recommend wearing masks on weekends. Hope that helps.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Oregon's mask mandate comes back into effect today. Hopefully we'll see the effects from it a couple weeks out.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
I wonder if/what my local pharmacies are going to ask for when it comes to 'proving' that I'm immunocompromised and need a third shot. I wouldn't even know what to ask my doctor for, and I'm sure the pharmacies have no plan or policy in place yet so I guess I have to wait a bit longer.

Also wondering if I should try to get a moderna as my third since my first two were pfizer.

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.
no one cares or checks just sign up and do it

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Buglord

Rescue Toaster posted:

Also wondering if I should try to get a moderna as my third since my first two were pfizer.

There might be a case for mixing but losing out on the set bonus is a big ask if you are about DPS at all.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
There isn’t and won’t be a national vaxx database (lol).

Go to your local pharmacy, sign up as Justin Jectme (who forgot his ID and doesn’t have insurance), and you’re all set.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Rescue Toaster posted:

I wonder if/what my local pharmacies are going to ask for when it comes to 'proving' that I'm immunocompromised and need a third shot. I wouldn't even know what to ask my doctor for, and I'm sure the pharmacies have no plan or policy in place yet so I guess I have to wait a bit longer.

If you are immunocompromised just say that, if you are just randomly getting more shots because you have decided You need one on some “more vaccine = more safe” don’t run any complicated scams, just walk in and get one with no ID and don’t take up busy people’s time messing with some big complex act With some big complex premise

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Welp my kid got covid from his chud preschool. He had a mild fever last week Monday after school and a slight cough for the first hour after he woke up. We kept him home from school Tuesday-Thursday. Got him a covid test and he was negative so he went back Friday. School emailed us on Friday saying one of the kids was positive, but he had been on vacation and not in class for the past 1.5 weeks, so we should only have to quarantine until Wednesday this week.

We kept our kid at home the whole week. He still had a slight cough so we got another covid test and he was positive this time.

He's otherwise fine and a complete nightmare at home, running and screaming and smashing things like a normal 4 year old.

So anyway, gently caress you if you're not vaccinated.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is there any guidance on this booster shot stuff or is it literally just we can now go to a walgreens and tell them we're immunocompromised, show the card, and get a booster?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Nitis posted:

Blargh.

If you are going to a bar weekly for lunch you aren't 'basically on lockdown' come the gently caress on.

naem
May 29, 2011

I’m waiting on a booster to see if
1. a new booster tailored to Delta gets created
2. it becomes a bit more readily apparent that a booster of the current vax is helpful/necessary for non-immuno-compromised people and not whatever is going on right now

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
Oh, to be clear, I am actually on fairly serious immune-suppresant medication. I'm happy to go through a legit process if they get their poo poo sorted quickly. But if not, I'll figure something out. I don't want to sit on my rear end for another 2-3 weeks while Delta takes off here, especially as schools open next week I think.

If I wasn't suppressed I would probably also wait for variant-specific boosters.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-b...ion-sector.html

And so it begins....(mandatory vaccination in certain sectors)

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i hope the sector isn't my... you know... area

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

stab posted:

https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-b...ion-sector.html

And so it begins....(mandatory vaccination in certain sectors)

Good on them for having the balls. Now it will set the precedent.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

im doing full lockdown but thursday is my cheat day :fiesta:

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

The thing about travellers is interesting. Does that mean you won't be allowed to fly in if you aren't vaccinated? Curious how they will check that, since as far as I know, there's not an international agreed upon way to show proof.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

The best part there is there's also the requirement for mandatory vaccination for passengers on federally regulated transport industries, not just employees. That includes all flights including domestic.

A Strange Aeon posted:

The thing about travellers is interesting. Does that mean you won't be allowed to fly in if you aren't vaccinated? Curious how they will check that, since as far as I know, there's not an international agreed upon way to show proof.

Feds are supposed to have a standardized vaccination passport ready in... September I think? It was originally for something more standardized for international travel but I could see it getting wider use now.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Entire fuckin continents are begging for vaxes and you dipshits are wasting doses on the off chance that it does something to further increase your already all but guaranteed odds of coming through your infection just fine.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

aphid_licker posted:

Entire fuckin continents are begging for vaxes and you dipshits are wasting doses on the off chance that it does something to further increase your already all but guaranteed odds of coming through your infection just fine.

someone has no idea how supply chains work
or extant booster studies
or good posts

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
vax my neg hole

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

aphid_licker posted:

guess they should've locked down or whatever

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'm going for a full house of mRNA vaccines, fingers crossed for the right ones available.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

aphid_licker posted:

variants

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
The hospital system where Wifezwang is gonna have our kid is now requiring all visitors to be vaxxed OR show a negative non-rapid result from the last 72 hours. Those tests aren’t necessarily easy to get either, depending on demand in your area.

I wonder how many people will end up getting jabbed simply because they don’t want to deal with the increasing number of restrictions like this.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Zugzwang posted:

The hospital system where Wifezwang is gonna have our kid is now requiring all visitors to be vaxxed OR show a negative non-rapid result from the last 72 hours. Those tests aren’t necessarily easy to get either, depending on demand in your area.

I wonder how many people will end up getting jabbed simply doing mass shootings because they don’t want to deal with the increasing number of restrictions like this.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Zugzwang posted:

I wonder how many people will end up getting jabbed simply because they don’t want to deal with the increasing number of restrictions like this.

This is entirely the point of mandates. To make it costly and/or inconvenient not to be vaccinated to the point where people break down and get it. Not because they had won the war over themselves and truly love Big Brother but because it’s a pain in the rear end not to be vaccinated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

aphid_licker posted:

The CVS at the corner doesn't ship their unused vaccines to Ghana at the end of the day, they go in the dumpster.

Better they go to goons for their third or fourth or fifth shot then they're just thrown away.