Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Mr Hootington posted:

He should have survived.

:haibrow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i finally found it the stupidest possible yardstick by which to call a movie sexist

https://twitter.com/nytimesarts/status/1425908227187826697

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
that feminist wants to kill dogs

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

the first one already bordered some pretty creepy territory. i would not be surprised if the second one just went nuts and colonized the entire thing

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i get the impression reviewers are mad because the bad guy in the first movie is a sympathetic mentor figure in the second one but they cant actually say that hence baffling complaints like the dog to woman death ratio being off

the funny thing is dude who does evil poo poo mentors a young girl into being an asskicker is like an entire subgenre now if anything it sounds like dont breathe 2 is at least addressing the hosed up nature of that premise sincerely since we actually saw him do explicitly evil stuff in the first movie and its not just tucked away as ambiguous backstory

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

i'll have you know that archer didn't become lovely until at least a couple seasons in

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Still enjoyable as gently caress.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

pentyne posted:

They already did this, the Pinkertons sponsored a tv show called literally "The Pinkertons"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pinkertons

I mean tbf this is like right after the Civil War, the Wild West era = before they got into strikebreaking

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Warne

This lady died in like 1867

But of course, this does serve to whitewash the Pinkerton name

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Some Guy TT posted:

the funny thing is dude who does evil poo poo mentors a young girl into being an asskicker is like an entire subgenre now if anything it sounds like dont breathe 2 is at least addressing the hosed up nature of that premise sincerely since we actually saw him do explicitly evil stuff in the first movie and its not just tucked away as ambiguous backstory

oh yeah i watched leon the professional for the first time like a month ago and i found it HORRIFYING

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Mameluke posted:

oh yeah i watched leon the professional for the first time like a month ago and i found it HORRIFYING

I also found it horrifying but not cause of that

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

yo.but what gender were the dogs??

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Two women, who talk to each other, about something other than whether a dog is alive

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
The man who choked out Bruce Lee? He's living his best life and owns
https://i.imgur.com/7BnBz5Y.mp4

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

holy crap I just listened to gangsters paradise for the first time like 8 years and it's aged like fine rear end wine

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

indigi posted:

I’ll say he’s a much better director than he is writer. but I don’t think he’s awful at writing even though I don’t love his movies really

The perfect Tarantino movie would be a silent film

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Crazypoops posted:

holy crap I just listened to gangsters paradise for the first time like 8 years and it's aged like fine rear end wine

Remember that time he got mad at Weird Al lmfao

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

mandatory lesbian posted:

The perfect Tarantino movie would be a silent film

But how else are we going to enjoy the scintillating dialog that swarms around like a cloud of flies in his rotten pumpkin head

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

gonna run a spot check of which movies are sexist based on the dog to woman kill count

avengers endgame is pretty sexist so many dead women but no dead dogs

john wick is good though no dead women but one dead dog

i think cruella is a tie because an equal number of dogs and women die hopefully the sequel will be the most feminist movie ever made

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I still can't believe that cruella clip everyone shared was an actual thing in a movie

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Good soup! posted:

I still can't believe that cruella clip everyone shared was an actual thing in a movie

It was amazing, almost sold me on the movie

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Crazypoops posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3cg4Ve1hpk

edit miseducation of lauryn hill may still be the best album of the decade too, all the tracks are good

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Some Guy TT posted:

john wick is good though no dead women but one dead dog
correction: one dead women

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

FFT posted:

correction: one dead women
no murdered women

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
watching brooklyn 99 because I hate myself and lol are they going way harder on the woke than the tons I expected. e.g. making fun of schumer's kente cloth

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they should have continued pretending police brutality doesn’t exist and kept making their silly vehicle for jokes, I’m extremely not interested in watching a Copaganda But We Realize It’s Weird Given Our Target Demographic

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

indigi posted:

they should have continued pretending police brutality doesn’t exist and kept making their silly vehicle for jokes, I’m extremely not interested in watching a Copaganda But We Realize It’s Weird Given Our Target Demographic

:hmmyes:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Fuligin posted:

yo.but what gender were the dogs??

more importantly: what breed?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

the final-no-really-last-one-for-real-this-time evangelion movie dropped on amazon and its incredible. floored that the actual, real, textual message of the film is the only way out of depression is to get yourself a big titty GF and stop thinking about giant robots

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
"use your godlike powers to create the world circa 2020-2021" is kinda hilarious

i mean i liked the film but lmao when gendo was like in my world there's no division, no war, no poverty, no greed and to have THAT be the counter argument mmmmmmmm yesssss anno

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/glamdemon2004/status/1426392410720985088

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

the only way out of depression is to get yourself a big titty GF
Honestly, I am willing to give this approach a try at this point.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Please Rock, please run for President as a Republican in 2024. I want Disney bloggers to write articles about how they're tearfully destroying their copies of Moana.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Nah, they'll say he's gonna give dignity back to the Republicans

"The Party of Rock will bring back the Party of Lincoln"

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
the dems, sensing a trend, pick the best wrestler they can score: triple hhh

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Stoked to vote 3rd party for Trump in 2024. Good work, Capital.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Peanut President posted:

it's actually funny which wrestlers are chuds/libs/comrades and not at all the ones you'd think. chris jericho's a covid denying chud and stone cold steve austin has a reasonable head on his shoulders.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Peanut President posted:

No, it's gonna be Linda. HHH is a little busy playing the role of ozymandias with his plans of taking over WWE dashed.

WWE's business practices are interesting from a labor standpoint.

Classify workers as Independent Contractors, but demand exclusivity.
Punish workers who do well on their own, especially if they're not home grown.
Take Saudi blood money.
Your company post record profits, but you also release wrestlers who you expect to be lifers, cratering morale.
These wrestlers go to other organizations and thrive.
Meanwhile, your son in law COO, who married into the family for power is blamed for not being able to beat the other guys while your right hand man is burning through personnel in a possible sell off to NBC.
There's also that time WWE introduced a new company policy of workers who did side gigs, like Twitch streams, give up a good portion of their income to the company.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

chairface posted:

it's actually funny which wrestlers are chuds/libs/comrades and not at all the ones you'd think. chris jericho's a covid denying chud and stone cold steve austin has a reasonable head on his shoulders.

Wasn't there a huge Q anon group in NXT, their developmental program?

I know their women's championship is a COVID skeptic.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

super sweet best pal posted:

Please Rock, please run for President as a Republican in 2024. I want Disney bloggers to write articles about how they're tearfully destroying their copies of Moana.

I want to make a joke about this being the plot of Southland Tales but I'm not really sure what the plot actually was myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

chairface posted:

Chris Jericho seems like a strange example to pick.