Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the UK’s coronavirus journey – A scientist advising the government has accused ministers of allowing infections to rip through the younger population in an effort to bolster levels of immunity before the NHS faces winter pressures"

Telegraph:

Minister rules out wider use of Covid isolation exemption in England

Matt:

Independent:

The i paper:

Times:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the Tokyo Olympics

'Social distancing has reduced the excitement of the track events somewhat'

Stephen Collins:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
They should be more concerned about the trespasser in their pond.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Boris Johnson, in splendid self-isolation, gives nurses a measly 3% pay rise – Chris Riddell on the prime minister’s refusal to make a better offer to NHS staff"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i'm going to write in to complain about mac drawing nude ladies in the newspaper

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Also complain about him coming out of retirement and/or not being dead yet, save me a stamp

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Rebecca Hendin on the continuing spread of Covid variants – The Delta variant is expected to become the most common type of coronavirus globally"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak must confiscate the Government’s credit card, say Tory voters; Britain’s Bradly Sinden edged out for gold in Olympics taekwondo final

Independent:

After Elton John.

Times:

Nurses’ pay in England to fall 7% in a decade even after government offer; Sajid Javid apologises for saying it was time to stop ‘cowering’ from Covid

Evening Standard:

UK Covid cases drop for fifth day in a row; Adam Peaty wins GB’s first Tokyo 2020 gold and makes Olympic history

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson’s summer assault – As Britain’s Tom Daley achieves glory in the Olympic diving, Boris Johnson is hoping to make a splash with a different leap of faith"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Frustrated Bianca Walkden forced to settle for taekwondo bronze

Independent:

Times:

Big fall in Covid cases suggests third wave has peaked; Carissa Moore and Italo Ferreira claim surfing’s first Olympic gold medals

Evening Standard:

Britain’s Tom Dean and Duncan Scott take Olympic one-two in 200m free

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Boris Johnson's showboating

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson’s crime plan — Offenders guilty of anti-social behaviour should be in ‘fluorescent-jacketed chain gangs’, Boris Johnson said as he launched his crime plan"

Yesterday's Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Evening Standard Comment: We are failing the world’s poor on Covid vaccination

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... chain gang proposal

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson’s plan to put offenders in chain gangs – The PM says he wants offenders to be seen to be paying for their wrongdoing as part of his crime plan"

Telegraph:

UK travel-led firms get £2bn boost as Covid rules eased for US and EU arrivals; ‘Teething problems’: visitors offered refunds for Marble Arch Mound

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

GB rowers swerve off course as era of Olympic supremacy starts to sink (or ‘Amazing hour’ of Olympic rowing produces Australian medal bonanza); Afghanistan civilian casualty figures at record high, UN says

Evening Standard:

RNLI hits out at ‘migrant taxi service’ accusations

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... theatre's curtain raiser

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the royal family’s approach to the environment – While it emerges that the Queen’s lawyers lobbied Scottish ministers to exempt her land from carbon emissions laws, Prince Charles continues to campaign on green issues" After J Milton Hayes.

Telegraph:

Extreme weather will be the norm and UK is not prepared, scientists warn; UK weather: flood warnings as Storm Evert moves eastwards

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Jodie Whittaker to leave Doctor Who along with showrunner, says BBC

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the return of cruises

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on refugees forced to sleep in offices – MPs have raised serious concerns about “shocking conditions” they found in Kent holding facilities for asylum seekers, including an unaccompanied child housed in an office space for 10 days"; After Ford Madox Brown.

Telegraph:

UK says it has no plans for South China Sea confrontation after Beijing warning

Matt:

Independent:

Donations to RNLI rise 3,000% after Farage’s migrant criticism; After George Goodwin Kilburne and Felicia Hemans.

Times:

After Hitchcock et al.

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... time travel

Stephen Collins:

Bonus! David Squires on… Alien and the anti-vax crew

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The climate change horseman of the apocalypse rides out – Chris Riddell on the urgent need for action as extreme weather becomes the norm around the world"

Sunday Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak pushing Boris Johnson to relax travel rules

Matt:

Sunday Times:

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

lol

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Latin and vaccines – The Conservatives have announced that Latin language lessons are to be introduced at more state secondary schools in England"

Telegraph:

Uber and Deliveroo discounts to lure young people in UK to get Covid jab

Independent:

Times:

Rishi Sunak pushing Boris Johnson to relax travel rules

Evening Standard:

Johnson hints ‘amber watchlist’ travel plan may be ditched; 'Very scary': Charlotte Worthington makes history with backflip BMX gold – video

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
What the gently caress does that pizza say? Erue? Erive? Does pepperoni count as letters?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Coercive again I think. That or barbecue.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the rebellion Boris Johnson faces over Treasury spending – The PM faces another backbench rebellion over the Treasury’s spending this autumn, as a high-profile Tory MP hit out at ‘intolerable’ levels of hunger and poverty in his affluent home counties constituency"

Telegraph:

Johnson’s travel policy in chaos, Labour says, after ‘amber watchlist’ ditched; Team GB strike gold and silver in Olympic eventing competition

Independent:

Times:

Afghan president blames ‘hasty’ US troop withdrawal for worsening violence

Evening Standard:

Sunak’s letter to PM puts desire to crack down on Covid subsidies on record; Team GB enjoy sailing super Tuesday with double gold and mixed Nacra silver

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the Toyko Olympics

David Squires:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
NORMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :holy:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson’s travel watchlist chaos – The PM has ditched plans for tougher quarantine restrictions for some holidaymakers after days of chaos, as it emerged that a top adviser on travel rules has left the job, leaving the centre ‘rudderless’"

Telegraph:

Nicola Sturgeon invites Boris Johnson for showdown talks; Boris Johnson spurns Nicola Sturgeon’s summit invitation

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

London vaccinations by borough: 10m Covid jabs given in London...another 4m to go

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... MPs' popularity contest

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on fears of travellers to the UK having Covid variants – Boris Johnson has ditched plans for an amber watchlist despite concerns about new variants in European countries"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Scotland to scrap social distancing amid plan to lift most Covid rules

Times:

Sturgeon: Strange the PM will not meet me

Evening Standard:

Sky Brown, 13, becomes Britain’s youngest Olympic medallist with skateboard bronze

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Meghan's 40th birthday

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on claims around Tory party fundraising – Allegations of cash for access are swirling around the Conservatives, centred on the claim that elite donors on a shadowy ‘advisory board’ have regular access to Boris Johnson and the chancellor, Rishi Sunak"

Telegraph:

Vaccines to be required for open travel ‘for evermore’, says Shapps

Independent:

Tory MP Steve Baker who called himself ‘hard man of Brexit’ is now calling Brexit a ‘fiasco’ After Roy Orbison.

Times:

Vaccination campaign warns young people they risk missing out on nightlife

Evening Standard:

Johnson makes ‘unbelievably crass’ joke about Thatcher closing coal mines

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Covid jabs for the young

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson’s Thatcher coalmines gaffe – No 10 has declined to apologise for the PM joking about the Conservative government’s closing of the coalmines but said he ‘recognises the huge impact and pain’ that was felt by communities at the time"

Telegraph:

Universities set own entrance exams amid A-level chaos

Independent:

After George Chapman.

Times:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on ... Geronimo the condemned Alpaca

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The liar, the witch and the wardrobe – Boris Johnson, Priti Patel and the Conservative party give their own take on Narnia"

Sunday Telegraph:

Boris Johnson’s push for net zero plunged into chaos

Sunday Times:

Team GB chief hails ‘greatest achievement in British Olympic history’

Mail on Sunday:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Lorna Miller on Boris Johnson’s trip to Scotland — Margaret Thatcher gave ‘a big early start’ to green energy by closing coalmines, the prime minister has joked" After Bulgy.

Telegraph:

Team GB chiefs applaud joyous Tokyo 2020 and promise more to come

Independent:

Times:

Thousands flee Greek island as wildfires raze forest and homes

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

gently caress off Davey you oval office.

Also DEBT;.

Were there some news about the national debt that the telegraph is banging on that particular drum again?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The owners are scared they might have to pay a tax bill.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Henny Beaumont on Boris Johnson and the climate crisis – The PM described the report from the IPCC as ‘sobering reading’, and said he hoped it would be a wake-up call for the world ahead of the Cop26 global climate conference – but Labour has accused him of complacency on the issue."

Telegraph:

Civil servants in London could see pay cut if they resist return to office

Independent:

Times:

Campaigners march through London in bid to save alpaca Geronimo

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... a Downing Street rift

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on A-level results for young people facing a future on fire – Students celebrate record-breaking A-level grades the day after the IPCC warned of irreversible climate change – and as wildfires continue to burn across Europe"

Telegraph:

Gavin Williamson should be sacked over exam failures, says Keir Starmer

Independent:

Nicola Sturgeon confronted by climate campaigners over failure to oppose Cambo oilfield

Times:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... this year's A-level results

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Prince Andrew being back in the news – Virginia Roberts Giuffre, an alleged victim of the sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, has filed a lawsuit against the duke in federal court in New York"

Telegraph:

Taliban tighten grip on approaches to Kabul in Afghanistan offensive

Independent:

Tory MPs back Sunak after prime minister’s threat to sack him

Times:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... more crisis for the Royals

‘It’s torture’: Geronimo owner tells of anxiety over threat to alpaca

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

absolute laziest possible shite from Thomas. two unrelated things in the news, draw them standing next to each other

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I miss when Paul retired to draw people with tattoos.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The famous BALMORAL CASTLE flag

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on a UK judge backing the US appeal in Julian Assange’s extradition case – The WikiLeaks founder lost a high court battle to prevent the US expanding the grounds for its appeal against an earlier refusal to allow his extradition to face charges of espionage and hacking government computers"

Telegraph:

GCSE results: pupils achieve record numbers of top grades in England

Independent:

Government spending just 0.01% of GDP on fighting climate crisis

Times:

UK economy grows for a fifth month as diners rush to cafes and bars

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the silence of the Royals

German police arrest Briton on suspicion of spying for Russia; Prince Andrew could face £14million ($19million) in damages if he loses sex assault case that may take at least five years to get to trial when the Queen would be aged more than 100, says Epstein victims' lawyer; The Glorious Twelfth kicks off in style as tweed-clad parties descend on the moors in pursuit of red grouse - but some estates delay starting after birds were killed off by bad weather

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Jesus Christ they just can’t leave Fergie alone. Last thing we heard about her related to the royals was she didn’t get invited to a couple of weddings, Harry invited her to his and then didn’t know that Charles had deliberately not invited her to the reception.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
is the joke that prince andrew is accused of raping children

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The joke is that he's going to go on a shotgun rampage because he's an incel now.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Guns can’t go off while split in two like that and there is a brown beater - we know the queen genuinely employs no brown people.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"David Squires on Boris Johnson v the climate crisis — Boris Johnson has been accused of climate crisis complacency after the publication of the warning from UN scientists that rising carbon emissions have already caused ‘irreversible’ environmental change"

Telegraph:

Afghan president in urgent talks as Taliban push closer to Kabul

Independent:

Prince Andrew allegations: Met chief says ‘no one is above the law’; After Archibald Thorburn.

Times:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Prince Andrew staying out of public view

Strictly Come Dancing 2021: the contestants – ranked

Stephen Collins:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
haha yes he is accused of raping children, jolly good laughs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Anyone got a link to the guardian cartoon. I can't read that resolution nor see it on their site

E: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/picture/2021/aug/13/david-squires-on-boris-johnson-v-the-climate-crisis-cartoon#img-1

jiggerypokery fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Aug 15, 2021