Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Kefka is always horny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

More like Zorn-and-Thorny.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

It's nearly perfect but I'd say this represents XI much better

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Man… Calvin and Hobbes was so good

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
As an adult it amazes me at just how often there is a Calvin and Hobbes strip for any occasion.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

pretty soft girl posted:

Lol, ive played 13 multiple times and i assure whoever made this image that it does not think anything in it is of deep significance

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
The VII entry should've been used for V.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

pretty soft girl posted:

Really stretching on 5/6/7.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

thetoughestbean posted:

Man… Calvin and Hobbes was so good

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
better FF2 image is obviously

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

DrakePegasus posted:

More like Zorn-and-Thorny.

Those two's theme is my favorite FF theme. Perfect fit

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

pretty soft girl posted:

I'd say this represents XIV 1.0

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
this for FF5

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Someone post the Calvin the God cartoon for VI tia

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Does FF3 give you Dark Knight weapons and armor anywhere before you get the Invincible? I never swapped to that job because it was always stuck with no weapons and old hand-me-down armor. Then I read about how the Dark Knight special move is good for those multiplying enemies... Doh.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jolo posted:

Does FF3 give you Dark Knight weapons and armor anywhere before you get the Invincible? I never swapped to that job because it was always stuck with no weapons and old hand-me-down armor. Then I read about how the Dark Knight special move is good for those multiplying enemies... Doh.

I just ran from every single enemy in that dungeon, dark knight isn't a viking so I wont be using it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MMF Freeway posted:

this for FF5

Lol

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Mega64 posted:

Kefka is always horny.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
I am not sure how you guys are saying "no grinding needed in ff3PR" cause I don't see how you are surviving the 120 damage to everyone a round from Salamander boss fight.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Dwarf town sells armor that resists fire.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

TheJadedOne posted:

I am not sure how you guys are saying "no grinding needed in ff3PR" cause I don't see how you are surviving the 120 damage to everyone a round from Salamander boss fight.

The only places where grinding is probably the intended way to win is maybe the crystal tower, otherwise you should have the correct tools available to you, usually via shops and job changes.

If you never want to change jobs then yeah you might need to grind

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004

jokes posted:

The only places where grinding is probably the intended way to win is maybe the crystal tower, otherwise you should have the correct tools available to you, usually via shops and job changes.

If you never want to change jobs then yeah you might need to grind

If job switching for each challenge is needed, then does job level not mean anything?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
this happend today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVmV0Pgnh2s

you get to see some ff4pr stuff which stats at 36min and it looks and sounds awesome.

also early version of terra

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 14, 2021

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

TheJadedOne posted:

If job switching for each challenge is needed, then does job level not mean anything?

It matters but it also just kinda happens, there aren’t really “breakpoints” or anything in FF3, your poo poo just gets a bit stronger.

Grinding works though!

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

TheJadedOne posted:

For that fight I bought the fire resist armor and made 3 of my party warriors wearing it.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

That orchestral soundtrack is amazing, I can't wait to hear Dancing Mad and Terra's theme when FF6PR releases.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

jokes posted:

It matters but it also just kinda happens, there aren’t really “breakpoints” or anything in FF3, your poo poo just gets a bit stronger.

Grinding works though!

With the exception of Bard, who now gets songs at specific job levels, compared to juggling harps like before.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

there are job level breakpoints in ff3 tho. they're the job levels where you gain extra attacks/magic multiplier, and can be very meaningful. it's not a hard game so you don't have to min-max this, but it is definitely noticeable.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

BisbyWorl posted:

With the exception of Bard, who now gets songs at specific job levels, compared to juggling harps like before.

That’s such a better system, I haven’t gone far in FF3PR (yet).

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

No green hair...

Edit: oh "early" as in original prototype not a preview of the PR lol

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Jazerus posted:

there are job level breakpoints in ff3 tho. they're the job levels where you gain extra attacks/magic multiplier, and can be very meaningful. it's not a hard game so you don't have to min-max this, but it is definitely noticeable.

Yeah job levels give multipliers, which is a big change from the original. I noticed this when my black mage somehow had an 8x attack multiplier.

Job levels are also a lot easier to grind now.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah job levels give multipliers, which is a big change from the original. I noticed this when my black mage somehow had an 8x attack multiplier.

Job levels are also a lot easier to grind now.

the multipliers are a famicom mechanic

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Fun fact I just learned about FF2: If you don't use the stat up orbs at the top of Mysidia Tower when the plot takes you there and instead come back later after you get your final party member, the character sprites aren't updated and the previous party member still pops out of Firion when you use the orbs and the full party is shown

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

I never used any magic users for the first 2/3rds of the game and had no problems. I didn't switch a character to a magic user until after I had unlocked devout.

Monks and Black Belts being able to drop obscene amounts of damage is really nice. I'm running 2 melee 2 magic for most of the game bout I could definitely drop my black mage for another physical character with zero issues.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Fluffy posted:

2 melee 2 magic

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

this happend today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVmV0Pgnh2s

you get to see some ff4pr stuff which stats at 36min and it looks and sounds awesome.

also early version of terra

Dark Knight Cecil's sprite is kind of goofy looking

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Ha! Nice.

Pencils R Cool
Feb 16, 2011
FF3 is garbage and is the only mainline game I straight up just gave up on (I have the NDS remaster, I'm presuming they didn't alter the difficulty from the NES original which is probably the problem). Speaking of Final Fantasy on the DS, I returned to my parents house recently to look for my DS copy of TWEWY and ended up finding copies of FFXII: Revenant Wings and FF Crystal Chronicles Rings of Fate buried away in boxes. I have no recollection of ever purchasing these games, nor do I know if they are any good! I also found a copy of Bioware's Sonic the Hedgehog RPG. Oh yeah, that happened.

Perhaps my biggest finds though were my boxed GBA copies of FFIV, FFV and FFVI (I thought I'd lost the game cart for the latter years ago and I practically cried when I refound it, all 54 hours of in-game time have been preserved). I remember ordering it online off some sketchy looking import site way back in 2006 or whenever it came out, back when online retail was far less centralised! Anyway tl;dr I know what I'll be replaying immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Uh if the only version of FF3 you have is the DS version then the issue isn't its the same as the NES but instead that it is radically different and worse in every single way.

The Pixel Remaster faithfully updates the game and adds the only feature the game truly needed which is a true quick save anywhere