Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1426378794185760780

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

*rolls eyes so hard that they get stuck*

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Oh yeah that reminds me.

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1364714874358620163

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jericho did mention Jamie Hayter (as well as Nyla and Bea) potentially joining the Inner Circle so they could have the women's championship like two years ago once

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/newjerseynick/status/1425879883733929991?s=19

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

That is a Terminatornuke.gif level hot take.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Wow that's some next level ignorance of WWE's Covid protocols.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

drat I can’t believe AEW literally killed Keith Lee. Evil people

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Is this one of those guys who still thinks Brodie died of COVID and AEW covered it up

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Benne posted:

Is this one of those guys who still thinks Brodie died of COVID and AEW covered it up

https://twitter.com/newjerseynick/status/1425903399619514375?s=19

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

collocation posted:

Additionally, for initials, SJAEW

Tony Khucks

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I stopped watching this PPV because the Hardy incident put a damper on my enjoyment of it, but in retrospect it seems like less of a failing on AEW's part and more of testimony to Hardy's ability to turn off his brain yet still finish a match and fool doctors into thinking it looked worse than it was.

Matt is a golem designed to wrestle without thought.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

luchadornado posted:

Matt is a golem designed to wrestle without thought.

Judging by Reby’s recent announcement “wrestle” isn’t the verb I’d use.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Really enjoy the idea that Vince would never use geriatrics on TV, never mind that Mae Young was 75 & appearing on WWE TV what felt like regularly in '99 & '00. Meanwhile Sting is 15 years younger than Mae was then & has appeared in 2 matches in AEW, both tags where I'm assuming Darby took most of the bumps for their team.

It's almost like these people are either dumb & ignorant or are just spouting shite.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sting as Darby's Little League dad who never misses a game and breaks up all the fights is the best gimmick in wrestling right now

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Really enjoy the idea that Vince would never use geriatrics on TV, never mind that Mae Young was 75 & appearing on WWE TV what felt like regularly in '99 & '00. Meanwhile Sting is 15 years younger than Mae was then & has appeared in 2 matches in AEW, both tags where I'm assuming Darby took most of the bumps for their team.

It's almost like these people are either dumb & ignorant or are just spouting shite.

Sting, to be fair, has taken more bumps and been more active than you might think, including a power bomb through a table, and a high cross off the ramp. But it all looked good and was as safe as that stuff is ever gonna be

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah the tag match with Men of the Year from DoN is worth looking at cause Sting did way more than anyone was expecting. It was also the match that sold most people on Ethan Page

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

AEW went into business for themselves and BURIED Impact by featuring their title as a thing to be desired and highlighting it in the very first match on their new show!

This FB group is a honeypot of stupidity.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I feel like Ethan Page must have a reputation as being a really safe guy to work with, because he's been allowed to do some stuff that looked really gnarly in AEW.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Endless Mike posted:

AEW went into business for themselves and BURIED Impact by featuring their title as a thing to be desired and highlighting it in the very first match on their new show!

and then to add insult to injury they arranged things so that the challenger for the AEW world title at the next PPV would be featured on their upcoming shows and available to headline their next PPV. BURIED!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lamuella posted:

I feel like Ethan Page must have a reputation as being a really safe guy to work with, because he's been allowed to do some stuff that looked really gnarly in AEW.

It’s all with Darby and Darby don’t care

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Endless Mike posted:

When I think about wrestlers with no historical connection to Impact whatsoever, my first thought is definitely Christian Cage.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s all with Darby and Darby don’t care

where's that clip of ethan just yeeting darby into a support post out of the ring on the indies

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurks With Wolves posted:

When I think about wrestlers with no historical connection to Impact whatsoever, my first thought is definitely Christian Cage.

They're still dumb but they're saying that AEW let one of their guys with a previous connection to Impact win the belt instead of a current Impact guy, not that Christian doesn't have history there.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

flatluigi posted:

where's that clip of ethan just yeeting darby into a support post out of the ring on the indies

found it, remembered i'd posted it in the gifs thread

https://twitter.com/ClassicChhun/status/741484856601874432

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gaz-L posted:

They're still dumb but they're saying that AEW let one of their guys with a previous connection to Impact win the belt instead of a current Impact guy, not that Christian doesn't have history there.

I'm glad Kenny lost it to Christian, instead of Moose, which is what a lot of TNAMecaa people wanted.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/p49hkk/does_anybody_who_only_watches_the_aew_tnt_show/

quote:

I keep up with aew by watching on TNT. However I understand why fugeo is fighting for the contract even though I don’t Watch dark or elevation or the YouTube stuff because I keep up with everything going on with those shows on here. For the people that don’t, do you not feel insulted because they incorporate story lines on the other shows with no explanation on the main shows? Don’t you want to know why fugeo is fighting for the contract and why Sammy is his best friend? Tony said he wouldn’t insult the fans, Curious to know everybody’s thoughts on this.

I know this is bad faith but this is the best bad faith take they could come up with?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Tbf literally everyone in that thread is roasting the OP

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Imagine going out your way to find anything wrong with how Fuego’s segments went down, even if you don’t watch Dark or Sammy’s blog, the multiple “Sign Fuego” signs at every show since they went back on the road and the promo segment before the match was enough context for even the biggest dummy to understand the premise of what was going on.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I dont watch Dark because it doesn't exist and I had zero trouble understanding Fuego's stuff.

He's a dude who's not signed and he wants to be signed, what the gently caress else is there to get?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MJeff posted:

I dont watch Dark because it doesn't exist and I had zero trouble understanding Fuego's stuff.

He's a dude who's not signed and he wants to be signed, what the gently caress else is there to get?

I dunno, as someone who doesnt watch Dark I'm not sure if I buy that Fuego would like a steady paycheck.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The LORE of the CONTRACT

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

AEW is not for people that think Alexa Bliss is a nuanced and complex character.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

He's friends with Sammy! Which you'd only know if you watched the vlogs... or listened to Jericho literally explain it on commentary

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

He's friends with Sammy! Which you'd only know if you watched the vlogs... or listened to Jericho literally explain it on commentary

"I know that Sammy Guevara is best friends with Fuego del Sol, besides me of course."

If only they could make it more obvious as to what is going on...

Seriously though, the look on Fuego's face was great. A truly real feel good moment and I can't wait for the vlog this week.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Fuego stuff works just about any way you slice it. If you're a full on Vlog Head, it's the culmination of a months long story. If you're a Dark watcher, it's a guy who's been working his rear end off since the start of lockdown tapings finally getting a feel good moment. And if you're just watching TNT, that guy who got his rear end kicked by Malakai Black and Andrade had a fun little match and a nice little Christmas In August surprise.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Miro talked about the match on TV Wednesday

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The moment you lay eyes on Fuego you are instinctively filled with the understanding that Fuego del Sol indeed sucks but that Fuego del Sol also fucks.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I went back and watched Fuego’s first match and I will say that he has clearly put a lot of work in to bulk up to look more like an actual wrestler rather than a 12 year old wearing a 15 year old’s Luchador Halloween costume.

Gran Akuma has been comparing him to 123 Kid and Mikey Whipwreck on Twitter and he’s 100% right. Can’t wait for the inevitable giant killer angle he’s going to get down the road now that he’s signed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I went back and watched Fuego’s first match and I will say that he has clearly put a lot of work in to bulk up to look more like an actual wrestler rather than a 12 year old wearing a 15 year old’s Luchador Halloween costume.

i think on his reddit ama he did a few weeks ago he said he never really took the workout part of it seriously and he's always been a slim guy with fast metabolism, but now that he's in aew he's working on his body more