Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

A STRONG BINDING

THIS WILL HOLD ME FOR... FIVE MINUTES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Potato Salad posted:

A STRONG BINDING

THIS WILL HOLD ME FOR... FIVE MINUTES.

The Demiurges will have to capitalize on that by speedbagging the Jaggahog for every second they have.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CodfishCartographer posted:

Gunna be honest, I kinda don't really remember what the whole wheel thing is or why everybody's fighting jagg beyond the fact he's a big scary monster man.

up to this point, every time zoss has chosen a successor, the successor slays all the demiurges but jagganoth, loses to him (or defeats him and becomes every bit as tyrannical as the demiurges, it's not fully clear), and zoss goes "darn" and resets the universe to try again, ie "turning the wheel." after eons of fighting this battle and remembering it every time, jagganoth now believes that this was all engineered by metatron to trap the universe in eternal, sterile recurrence, and has elected this time to rip the power out of the successor's head himself, kill metatron, and unmake/recreate reality. the fact that this will a) result in the death of everyone, everywhere and b) almost certainly not work has not deterred him

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The time between Mottom reaping and everybody sowing wasn't very long at all!

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

the holy poopacy posted:

I mean, we've already seen that he's not immune to binding. It's exceedingly difficult to bind him due to his sheer power but it's not categorically impossible.

Binding does not count as hurting him.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

packetmantis posted:

Binding does not count as hurting him.
Right. Binding him was the combat equivalent of him getting his shoe stuck in the mud. Inconvenient, yes. An opportunity to attack him, yes. But it had as much actual impact on killing him as a game of freeze tag would.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

Gunna be honest, I kinda don't really remember what the whole wheel thing is or why everybody's fighting jagg beyond the fact he's a big scary monster man.

Jagganoth started the war of cosmic annihilation that he had been threatening to start by singlehandedly invading Rayuba, thereby triggering the obligations stipulated in the Pact of the Seven-Part World.

The reason why he wants to destroy the multiverse is complicated. However, he has become aware that Zoss keeps rewinding the universe every time he's about to succeed, because the old man keeps picking successors who fail to stop him.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Bongo Bill posted:

Jagganoth started the war of cosmic annihilation that he had been threatening to start by singlehandedly invading Rayuba, thereby triggering the obligations stipulated in the Pact of the Seven-Part World.

The reason why he wants to destroy the multiverse is complicated. However, he has become aware that Zoss keeps rewinding the universe every time he's about to succeed, because the old man keeps picking successors who fail to stop him.

His reasons are simple. The universe is full of suffering, chaos, and death. He desires to end that misery, and the only way he sees to end the cycle is to end this universe and create it anew as a static, eternal garden.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

If you want to end all suffering and pain, you can work towards making life a utopia for everyone for all time.

Jagganoth chose option 2, where you make sure there's nobody left alive to feel pain or suffering. Takes less effort, overall, because you only need to do it once.

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
Keep going Mammon, that molten gold attack that only mildly inconvenienced his weaker form is sure to start working any second now :ohdear:

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Bongo Bill posted:

Isn't it Metatron that rewinds time back? Zoss mentioned somewhere that he tried to master the wheel but only became a prisoner of it, but I can't find that page now, just the one where Juggernaut blames Zoss for everything.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

voting third party posted:

Isn't it Metatron that rewinds time back? Zoss mentioned somewhere that he tried to master the wheel but only became a prisoner of it, but I can't find that page now, just the one where Juggernaut blames Zoss for everything.

nah pretty sure there's no confirmation Metatron has anything to do with the time loop outside of Jagganoth just coming to the conclusion that Metatron must be working with Zoss. Zoss being a prisoner of the wheel could easily just mean he's trapped himself in a cycle of resetting the loop without ever getting the result he wants.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Asgerd posted:

Keep going Mammon, that molten gold attack that only mildly inconvenienced his weaker form is sure to start working any second now :ohdear:

In fairness, when the extinction-level meteor is seconds away from landing on your head and all you have is a baseball bat, you swing that bat.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
This is all very cool but I keep wanting to shout at my screen to throw the loving spear already. It feels like even in universe its been several minutes at least, how long do they need to charge up this attack!?

I have a feeling we're not gonna wait much longer though. Feels like the next page will be the one. Very excited for how poorly this will go.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 14, 2021

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

NO HAHA JOKE GOG WE NEED YOU VERY BADLY RIGHT THIS SECOND

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

GlyphGryph posted:

This is all very cool but I keep wanting to shout at my screen to throw the loving spear already. It feels like even in universe its been several minutes at least, how long do they need to charge up this attack!?

I have a feeling we're not gonna wait much longer though. Feels like the next page will be the one. Very excited for how poorly this will go.

It's like you've never seen an episode of Dragon Ball.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Bilirubin posted:

NO HAHA JOKE GOG WE NEED YOU VERY BADLY RIGHT THIS SECOND
Jadis should've had cosmic duct tape ready for Mottom's poo poo

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Grouchio posted:

Jadis should've had cosmic duct tape ready for Mottom's poo poo

No binding can hold back that bitter sass.

Royalty is a constant poo poo-talking motion.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Allison's get-me-out-of-here power should have recharged by now.

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

ElMaligno posted:

shitposting about shitposting is not royalty, its the equivalent of putting on a burger king crown and calling yourself His Serene Majesty The Sovereign of the Congo Free State Leopold II.

ok but what about shitposting about shitposting about shitposting

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Thundarr posted:

In fairness, when the extinction-level meteor is seconds away from landing on your head and all you have is a baseball bat, you swing that bat.

Ideally with a Pillows song playing in the background

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Do we know when the next page is?

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

packetmantis posted:

Do we know when the next page is?

The schedule is generally Tuesday/Friday, but if Tom puts out a double page update like he’s been doing lately, he’ll skip Tuesday and post on Friday.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Allison's get-me-out-of-here power should have recharged by now.

The PCs didn't get a short rest, unfortunately.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Thundarr posted:

I read a great short story like that once. Written by a goon I believe

E; https://qntm.org/mcalmont

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 14, 2021

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

GlyphGryph posted:

It feels like even in universe its been several minutes at least, how long do they need to charge up this attack!?

All they need to finish charging the spear is simply one more panel than they'll actually be given.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

It's like you've never seen an episode of Dragon Ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiHu_wmZT-o

With Gog's disappearance, Jagganoth appears more intimidating than ever! Will the spear prove strong enough without all the demiurges together or has Mottom doomed the multiverse through her pride? Find out on the next exciting update of Kill Six Billion Demons!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The next episode is filler so the manga can catch up, so it's just twenty-six minutes of Aspected Chaos screaming and charging up the spear while Nyave and Princess react in the background.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
10VG and Princess drive cars

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Jagganoth declares the fight is too easy and goes off to pointlessly destroy all the multiverse's armies while waiting for Goku to arrive.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Things that can happen: Maya shows up and things get worse.

The angels show up and things get worse.

The spear lands and things get worse.

Allison does something incredibly stupid and things get worse.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

girl dick energy posted:

The next episode is filler so the manga can catch up, so it's just twenty-six minutes of Aspected Chaos screaming and charging up the spear while Nyave and Princess react in the background.

Rayuba will explode in five minutes!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Do we figure were past the stuff that was supposed to be in the last book or do we still have an originally planned full book of content left after this scene?

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
Someone should just mouth the word coward at Jag for being invincible and too scared to take the spear hit.

Gog was probably the only one cheeky enough to say that though.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I dunno, I think Jagganoth might be the demiurge least ruled by ego.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 15, 2021

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Yes the guy who is literally taking the entire fate of the 777,777 universes into his own hands definitely isn't ruled by ego

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Jagganoth definitely thinks he's the least ruled by ego.

Much like Incubus, he's a fun crux of stagnation and constant ambition; Jagganoth never rests, toiling towards his goal, but he's completely incapable of reconsidering it. He thinks he's forged himself into an egoless weapon to destroy an evil world... but he's still, y'know, placing himself as the god of destruction that will remake it on his own.

Incubus meanwhile is totally aware that he's a hollow rear end in a top hat who knows only violence and the world is a wasteland of rot, but he's gonna be the most powerful and victorious hollow rear end in a top hat in the whole rot wasteland! They both stagnate, but they're both constantly in a kind of motion.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Let me put it another way, I don't think name calling is going to be the answer here.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

I mean if I learned that I have been forced to endure overwhelming suffering to transform into the god of destruction, only to have things reset, my mind wiped, and all agency removed

I'd be pretty pissed too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1427365956360282112?s=19