Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

lmao this one got me

e: Murr tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

osprey posted:

so they don't think it's ok to quit because your employer is not protecting you from covid

but they do think it's ok to quit because your employer is trying to protect you from covid

lol ok

The only consistent platform plank of the modern republican party is that they be allowed to do whatever they want and suffer no consequences. Everything else is just built around that.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Golli posted:

I think the novelty is wearing off of this “novel” coronavirus

More like the anthology coronavirus.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Fun fact: We have 920k hospital beds in the US. 628k have non Covid patients and 82k Covid patients.

At current rates of infection, we are going to run out of available hospital beds in 70 days….assuming nobody else goes to the hospital for any reason.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
The decision whether to boycott Cuba should be personal not made by bureaucrats.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

lol, is this implying that Oregon’s vaccination rate is good because it’s above national average?

it’s also spiking in Jackson county, where I normally live (I’m in LA for an extended job/family trip right now lol). Jackson county has coolish small towns like Ashland talent, and a bunch of poo poo Chuds. it also has a ton of anti vax energy crystal types. have a family friend who’s a main nurse/manager type for the hotlines for Covid. the whole time before delta she’s been very “it’s okay just be careful.” but with delta she sent out an email like, “dont go anywhere dont get hurt don’t get sick we’re hosed.”

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Thoguh posted:

The only consistent platform plank of the modern republican party is that they be allowed to do whatever they want and suffer no consequences. Everything else is just built around that.

when their actions suffer consequences, such as from when they think a collection of proteins gives a poo poo about "are freedumbs", they cry about it and say it's not fair and it's all a cover up for invisible aliens shooting people dead with equally invisible ray guns.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
lmao the mormon church is in open rebellion here i'm dying

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

SchrodingersCat posted:

Word to the wise: The pharmacist at CVS who was giving my wife her booster absolutely refused to give her anything until she brought in her vaccination card, so it looks like some places are tightening up their requirements.

I think your wife just encountered a chud. You could raise a stink about it, but it's probably easier to just go to another location.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Pillowpants posted:

Fun fact: We have 920k hospital beds in the US. 628k have non Covid patients and 82k Covid patients.

At current rates of infection, we are going to run out of available hospital beds in 70 days….assuming nobody else goes to the hospital for any reason.

that's 77% occupancy when we normally year to year average 65% - 68%

thats... catastrophic

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

it really is the most american religion possible

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Schnorkles posted:

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Charles Mansion posted:

it really is the most american religion possible

hopefully there's temple garment reform included

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

the angel moroni told me to say NO! to nano chip

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

go to my website to buy ur jab proof holy shirt and pants

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

the USDA found that 40% of deer samples collected between Jan - March 2021 showed signs of SARS-CoV-2 infection, with a 0% baseline before 2020

there are 30 million white tailed deer in the US and they all have covid lmao

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Rah! posted:

the angel moroni told me to say NO! to nano chip

NOT TODAY SATAN

~ me, to the vaxx

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

are there mormons who recognize that the origins of the religion are a ludicrous crock of poo poo

seems kinda hard to square that circle

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

post COVID posted:

the USDA found that 40% of deer samples collected between Jan - March 2021 showed signs of SARS-CoV-2 infection, with a 0% baseline before 2020

Who let all these deer hang out indoors

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Zokari posted:

are there mormons who recognize that the origins of the religion are a ludicrous crock of poo poo

seems kinda hard to square that circle

there was an entire branch of mormon scholarship that was dedicated to figuring out how to square the circle in a mutually acceptable way to everyone in the 70's and 80's. They formed FARMS and were in, general, not a bunch of lunatics.

Then Packer, Benson and the rest of the hardcore right wing shut everything down and now you either believe in Calvinist Maya or you're in bed with satan.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

post COVID posted:

Don't a lot of them also that that zombie deer prion disease?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

basically the mormon church let ezra taft benson and his ilk rise to power and everything you see now is just ramifications of that

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

https://twitter.com/nancytexeira/status/1426379887347212289

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
long covid Bambi explains a lot about that movie

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

we have more capacity than a lot of places (and more ICU capacity in particular) but unless FL is peaked right now (lol. lmao. they just went back to school.), the system probably fails

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

Lacrosse posted:

lol gently caress i forgot about that

chronic wasting disease

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

lol I was talking to a contractor about fixing some dry rot and he said he’d have a proposal to me back in June. I figured he just ignored me after coming by my place and talking through it for an hour because he had too much work, he cut contact and was unreachable after first coming by. he calls me up yesterday and says he and all of his crew and his business partners all got covid and all of their families got covid and they’ve been sick but he would get back to me soon

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

PerniciousKnid posted:

Who let all these deer hang out indoors

The deer kept on going to the local happy hours.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

gay_crimes posted:

lol I was talking to a contractor about fixing some dry rot and he said he’d have a proposal to me back in June. I figured he just ignored me after coming by my place and talking through it for an hour because he had too much work. he calls me up yesterday and says he and all of his crew and his business partners all got covid and all of their families got covid and they’ve been sick but he would get back to me soon

sounds ilke he's probably a liberal and a liar

covid is over

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
the mormon church fracturing as a result of right wing propaganda and disinformation is a nice bonus to this hot mess.

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Lacrosse posted:

i guess the prevalence of chronic wasting disease is around 0.8% in adult deer, real rookie numbers, no match for our new anthropogenic fave

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

i can’t even begin to contemplate how you go about rebuilding after a complete healthcare system collapse

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i have no idea what's going on with the federal government right now.

the complete lack of ... i don't know, anything is startling. their hands are probably tied with DeSantis, Abbott, etc. in power and refusing to ask for any sort of help but Louisiana???

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i mean i'm not 100% sure of the tools in the tool box at this exact moment, but the fact that they haven't called a national state of emergency is beyond belief.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

i mean i'm not 100% sure of the tools in the tool box at this exact moment, but the fact that they haven't called a national state of emergency is beyond belief.

biden beat covid

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Zokari posted:

biden beat covid

it’s this

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Zokari posted:

biden beat covid

yeah i know. it really is this simple and this stupid.

and we're all gonna pay for it.

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

so much for all the "the mormon church is the one american institution capable of solving collective action problems" takes from Matt Christman and the like

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Schnorkles posted:

i have no idea what's going on with the federal government right now.

the complete lack of ... i don't know, anything is startling. their hands are probably tied with DeSantis, Abbott, etc. in power and refusing to ask for any sort of help but Louisiana???

No Sleepy Joe could have invoked various executive orders, federal lawsuits and state of emergency powers in this situation.

He chose not since he can't draw a clock correctly and also assumes by being "nice" to GOP voters they will go over to his side in the next election.

For comparison in China Comrade Xi made sure state/local officials were punished for mismanagement and also made sure there was a national level pandemic response strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

Biden isn't going to shut down the COUNTRY

He isn't going to shut down the ECONOMY

He is going to shut down the VIRUS, plane