Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Poopelyse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTy2kY0cZ0s

skip to 5:40 to watch the trailer for Live Wire: Human Timebomb. looks like a good movie! Sadly I can't find an upload of just the trailer
Getting some "Two Brothers" vibes from that voiceover's magnificently overwrought explanation of every single aspect of the film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspekt Device
Jan 9, 2017

Poopelyse posted:

luckily someone on YouTube has exactly what you're looking for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTy2kY0cZ0s

skip to 5:40 to watch the trailer for Live Wire: Human Timebomb. looks like a good movie! Sadly I can't find an upload of just the trailer

(side note: they made a sequel to Lawnmower Man??)

Hell yeah this is even better than I remembered. Great trailer reel, New Line Cinema was nuts. Something for everyone they even threw in a Sandra Oh dramedy.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Tip posted:

It's an absolute crime that you confused Matt Frewer with Barclay.

And while it's not great, it is absolutely bizarre and worth watching. It takes place just a couple years after the original but somehow it's gone from 90s suburbia to Johnny Mnemonic.

Okay he was the time traveler who stole the other time travelers poo poo. I knew I recognized him from Star Trek.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Is it Coville's Goblins in the Castle? Definitely a favorite book of mine. Features plenty of dungeons, a kid meeting friendly and grumpy goblins, etc.

I was about to say no because I thougbt I remember it being one goblin but I looked it up and instantly recognized the cover. This is it. Thanks!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

You know, I asked this in the "Identify a movie" thread a long time ago, and never got a response, but maybe someone here knows.

I'm pretty sure it was an ep of an anthology show (though I could be wrong), and all I remember about it was the person (perhaps a child) had a tiny figurine of a stereotypical stage magician on their nightstand (you know, black tux, white gloves, red lined black cape, top hat). And I some point someone was alone in the room with it, and it's suddenly come to life as a full grown man. And the story ends with a shot of the night stand, and the figurine has returned, except this time there's a splash of red on one gloved hand, indicating that it killed the person.

Anyone remember something like that?

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 15, 2021

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Davros1 posted:

You know, I asked this in the "Identify a movie" thread a long time ago, and never got a response, but maybe someone here knows.

I'm pretty sure it was an ep of an anthology show (though I could be wrong), and all I remember about it was the person (perhaps a child) had a tiny figurine of a stereotypical stage magician on their nightstand (you know, black tux, white gloves, red lined black cape, top hat). And I some point someone was alone in the room with it, and it's suddenly come to life as a full grown man. And the story ends with a shot of the night stand, and the figurine has returned, except this time there's a splash of red on one gloved hand, indicating that it killed the person.

Anyone remember something like that?

Any year or rough period in which you may remember watching it?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

On the face of it, it sounds like Ray Bradbury Theater or Amazing Stories, or one of those softer 90s scifi anthology series vs Tales from the Crypt or Tales from the Dark Side. Maybe Poltergeist the Series or Psi Factor?

There really were a ton of shows like that.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

King Possum III posted:

Don't know if this qualifies as a white whale, but........

I'd give anything to find the young man who gave me the best blowjob I ever had. We only dated for a short time, but oh boy, he could suck the peel off an apple. It was decades ago, but I've never forgotten him.

A few pages back now but...

Have you tried hanging out in the same public toilet?

Also, you could ring your local police dept and ask them if they had an undercover cop working that toilet on the date in question (your honor), which no doubt you remember well. Some of those undercover cops get real good at blowjobs.

Watch out for gay bashers.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Any year or rough period in which you may remember watching it?

That would be helpful, wouldn't it? D'oh!

I wanted to say anywhere between 1983 to 1989.

We didn't have cable, so it had to be broadcast or syndicated TV.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

On the face of it, it sounds like Ray Bradbury Theater or Amazing Stories, or one of those softer 90s scifi anthology series vs Tales from the Crypt or Tales from the Dark Side. Maybe Poltergeist the Series or Psi Factor?

There really were a ton of shows like that.

I've gone through all those, and even things like the Alfred Hitchcock Presents revival or Friday the 13th: the Series or even Freddy's Nightmares, and can't find anything that matches that. But then again, something like the statue might be left out a synopsis.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 15, 2021

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

rodbeard posted:

I want to find the songs from the robocop meets anderson cooper songwriting contest that happened on these forums probably about 15 years ago. They used to be in a front page article but the links have been dead for years.

Almost one year to the day later, I've finally fought with my dead Mac and was able to retrieve my oldest files.

Here's a Google Drive link with all the audio I had saved from "back in the day" Something Awful. Not a huge treasure trove, but it includes some chiptune/NES style remixes of popular music, and the only song I retained from that contest, the lost hit Live From The Lab.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Blue Moonlight posted:

Almost one year to the day later, I've finally fought with my dead Mac and was able to retrieve my oldest files.

Here's a Google Drive link with all the audio I had saved from "back in the day" Something Awful. Not a huge treasure trove, but it includes some chiptune/NES style remixes of popular music, and the only song I retained from that contest, the lost hit Live From The Lab.

Thanks I had this thread bookmarked this whole time in case anyone came through.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

pseudanonymous posted:

Yeah it’s not uh, not great. It’s the guy who played Barclay on ST:TNG and I’m glad he was able to get work.

ST:TNG is just one of Howling Mad Murdock’s delusions.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
This one is dumb as hell. A rock song from, I dunno, late 80s to early 2000s? It might be have been a joke song or at least not serious. It has the lyrics "Look out!" possibly before a guitar solo? I thought it might have been Rocking the Suburbs just before the bit at the end but it's not.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Not Peaches, by the Presidents of the United States of America?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvAnQqVJ3XQ

"Look out!" at 2:08

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Not Peaches, by the Presidents of the United States of America?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvAnQqVJ3XQ

"Look out!" at 2:08

Oh my god yes.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

That's it. Thank you.

That and "Happy Jose Diaz-Balart" birthday are two Soup things of that era that have never left my head

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Dejan Bimble posted:

That's it. Thank you.

That and "Happy Jose Diaz-Balart" birthday are two Soup things of that era that have never left my head

I'm disappointed that this is it, your memory of it being "where in the building" is much funnier

I could see it as some stupid running gag on conan

Condwr
Feb 10, 2021
Gonna be a long shot but I've been hunting this down for ages now, but here goes. It was a tv show that either showed on either BBC or ITV kids (I saw it coming home from school back in maybe around '02-'05) that was about a kid who's house got hit with a meteor or something, and inside was a parasite that attached to the back of his neck. It started out really small until time passed and it got big enough to see, it learned how to talk and the kid became friends with it but later on down the line the more the parasite/alien thing grew the more it was draining him until he was pretty much bedridden, I half remember a scene where the parents tried to remove it or something and this thing had grown tentacles and turned this kids bedroom into a nest or something and was actively fighting back the parents and anyone else who came into the room. I only remember it so vividly because after I saw it I was constantly checking the ceilings and wore coats a lot to try and protect the back of my neck, I can't really remember more than that other than it being an early 00s BBC/ITV show that aired around 4pm on weekdays. It didn't last long, but man it's stuck with me all this time.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tip posted:

I'm disappointed that this is it, your memory of it being "where in the building" is much funnier

Same, I was hoping to see a news anchor giving put clues to which stationery cupboard he was hiding in

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Tip posted:

Dejan Bimble posted:

That's it. Thank you.

I KNEW IT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JskqCpI25wg

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Condwr posted:

Gonna be a long shot but I've been hunting this down for ages now, but here goes. It was a tv show that either showed on either BBC or ITV kids (I saw it coming home from school back in maybe around '02-'05) that was about a kid who's house got hit with a meteor or something, and inside was a parasite that attached to the back of his neck. It started out really small until time passed and it got big enough to see, it learned how to talk and the kid became friends with it but later on down the line the more the parasite/alien thing grew the more it was draining him until he was pretty much bedridden, I half remember a scene where the parents tried to remove it or something and this thing had grown tentacles and turned this kids bedroom into a nest or something and was actively fighting back the parents and anyone else who came into the room. I only remember it so vividly because after I saw it I was constantly checking the ceilings and wore coats a lot to try and protect the back of my neck, I can't really remember more than that other than it being an early 00s BBC/ITV show that aired around 4pm on weekdays. It didn't last long, but man it's stuck with me all this time.

A lot of shows have done something like this, the ones that come of the top of my head that might fit are Teen Titans, Adventure Time, and Futurama.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

rodbeard posted:

Thanks I had this thread bookmarked this whole time in case anyone came through.

I actually just remembered I had a couple more songs from that robocop thing. I have provided a similar drive link https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VYlV_y8yajbFGBteZaiyc2vI1PjokaQ9?usp=sharing

Songs I found are:
Dino Dick Dance Party - Robocop
Steve (The Ghostboners) - The Cyborg Decimation of Anderson Cooper (Kiss Your rear end Goodbye)
Duncan - Live From The Lab
YetiOnABudget - HowRoboCopGotHisGrOoVeBack

Condwr
Feb 10, 2021

titties posted:

A lot of shows have done something like this, the ones that come of the top of my head that might fit are Teen Titans, Adventure Time, and Futurama.

True true, the one I watched was a live action thing though, I think that was got to me the most when I watched it.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Superman: TAS has an episode called "Unity" with a mind control alien goop/tentacle thing plot. Aired in 1999.

Edit: oh, live action nvm.

Mr Darcy
Feb 8, 2006

Condwr posted:

True true, the one I watched was a live action thing though, I think that was got to me the most when I watched it.

Can you remember if it seemed like it was set in the present day (for 2002-2005) or if it was an older show possibly on repeat? And was it a UK or US show? or from somewhere else?

edit: was it a series or a stand alone story?

Mr Darcy fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 16, 2021

Condwr
Feb 10, 2021

Mr Darcy posted:

Can you remember if it seemed like it was set in the present day (for 2002-2005) or if it was an older show possibly on repeat? And was it a UK or US show? or from somewhere else?

edit: was it a series or a stand alone story?

Yeah it was set in the present day for the year that I viewed it, I can't remember the specific year either other than just early 00's. It was definitely a UK show though, and I'm not 100% whether it was a standalone thing or an episode in an already running series. I've looked through 'The Zack Files' since it was the same sort of premise about a young kid who has paranormal/supernatural adventures but none of the episodes in that are related, for the past couple of days I've been trying to dig through standalone tv shows between about '99 to '04 and I've had no luck, so maybe it was an episode in an already running series?

At this point I'm probably thinking that I'm mis-remembering a lot of it but, I remember vividly the angle of the shot used when the alien thing jumped from the corner ceiling of the room onto the back of this kids neck when him and his family were inspecting the damage, and then over a couple of days he got really sick lying in bed until he woke up feeling perfectly fine, only to find a voice coming from the back of his neck as whatever attached (it looked like a small starfish initially) itself to him had grown a face and was talking to him, he had to go to school and stuff and try and hide it and there were situations where the aliens voice was getting him in trouble at school because it was talking and everyone thought it was him. Until it eventually revealed that it had grown tentacles (which further caused chaos) up until the point that it grew too large and his family (and I think doctor) found out that it was slowly killing him because it was parasitic in nature. I can't remember how it ended, just that it had set up a nest or something in his bedroom and when the parents came in to take it off it grew hostile and attacked them, I'm not sure if the kid died or if the parents managed to convince it to get off their kid and leave him alone and to go back to space or wherever it came. That's basically all I can remember at this point after having spent the last few days trying to hunt it down again.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Sounds cool, OP. I want to watch it now.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

ThePopeOfFun posted:

Sounds cool, OP. I want to watch it now.

Sounds like they “sampled” Heinlen’s The Puppet Masters, along with hundreds of writers and radio/tv shows since then. Heinlen’s take was original, and I would love to a version with modern tech (as well as Starship Troopers with actual Mobile Infantry armor on the level of Iron Man’s CGI) because I think the idea is neat! Also, heading out to Jupiter’s moons to exterminate the PM at the source has a lot of potential for a sequel.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
O.K., wow, this was a very brief but intense ride I just went on

I suddenly remembered HUMAN.OGG and unsurprisingly finally figured out what it was from after five seconds of Googin'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RJY1jcMlSI

But then the word "SCRAPLAND" suddenly reminded me of something entirely different that I am jonesing to find again, and I imagine it will either be remembered/found instantly or is actually a dream I had years ago and will never be found

Someone had made a teaser preview for a terrible-looking video game (I do not think it came out) about fighting enemies made of trash/waste? in a junkyard/trash heap; I want to say some enemy was vaguely reminiscent of the Great Mighty Poo from Conker's Bad Fur Day, and most importantly the narration was absolutely terrible yet extremely compelling, with just a normal guy talking (with voice pitch-shifted down) about how intense and amazing your battles against the creatures of this dump were going to be

The thing I can ALMOST remember but not quite was like the climax of the narration, the voice introduces the toughest monsters by saying like BUT THEN YOU FACE ... THE CRUSHERMAN (or like, you know, THE JUGGERNAUT or THE SMASHATRON or THE ANNIHILATOR or something not terribly impressive but implied to be) The narration might have ended with a line something like "WELCOME TO ... THE JUNKTOWN" or something (edit: by trying to repeat how it sounded out loud I feel like I remember a line like "ohhhh but that's not all")

The more I type the more my brain simultaneously thinks it is about to remember what it was called and that it is totally made up

This probably could have been anywhere from the early to late 2000s; certainly recent enough that it was all polygonal and was not the absolute worst-looking game ever.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

DerekSmartymans posted:

Sounds like they “sampled” Heinlen’s The Puppet Masters, along with hundreds of writers and radio/tv shows since then. Heinlen’s take was original, and I would love to a version with modern tech (as well as Starship Troopers with actual Mobile Infantry armor on the level of Iron Man’s CGI) because I think the idea is neat! Also, heading out to Jupiter’s moons to exterminate the PM at the source has a lot of potential for a sequel.

The Tom Cruise version is not that bad as an adaptation, and it would be quite hard to convey the sense of horror you get from the original when the first-person protagonist gets taken over and, from one sentence to the next, starts narrating events from the enemies' point of view.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Zopotantor posted:

The Tom Cruise version is not that bad as an adaptation, and it would be quite hard to convey the sense of horror you get from the original when the first-person protagonist gets taken over and, from one sentence to the next, starts narrating events from the enemies' point of view.

The spoilered stuff is why I loved the book so much. I read it when I was 8 and it was the first real “trick” that I’d ever really seen an author use, and I loved it!

Donald Sutherland was made for his part in the movie. I do remember thinking it would be so cool if they could get Keifer to play the main protagonist under his dad :)

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Dr. Quarex posted:

I suddenly remembered HUMAN.OGG and unsurprisingly finally figured out what it was from after five seconds of Googin'

But then the word "SCRAPLAND" suddenly reminded me of something entirely different that I am jonesing to find again, and I imagine it will either be remembered/found instantly or is actually a dream I had years ago and will never be found

Someone had made a teaser preview for a terrible-looking video game (I do not think it came out) about fighting enemies made of trash/waste? in a junkyard/trash heap; I want to say some enemy was vaguely reminiscent of the Great Mighty Poo from Conker's Bad Fur Day, and most importantly the narration was absolutely terrible yet extremely compelling, with just a normal guy talking (with voice pitch-shifted down) about how intense and amazing your battles against the creatures of this dump were going to be

The thing I can ALMOST remember but not quite was like the climax of the narration, the voice introduces the toughest monsters by saying like BUT THEN YOU FACE ... THE CRUSHERMAN (or like, you know, THE JUGGERNAUT or THE SMASHATRON or THE ANNIHILATOR or something not terribly impressive but implied to be) The narration might have ended with a line something like "WELCOME TO ... THE JUNKTOWN" or something (edit: by trying to repeat how it sounded out loud I feel like I remember a line like "ohhhh but that's not all")

The more I type the more my brain simultaneously thinks it is about to remember what it was called and that it is totally made up

This probably could have been anywhere from the early to late 2000s; certainly recent enough that it was all polygonal and was not the absolute worst-looking game ever.

I can't be of any help with your search but I want to thank you for making me think of the Great Mighty Poo. "I am the Great Mighty Poo, and I want to throw my poo poo at you!" was the funniest thing in the history of the entire world, to me and all my friends.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

https://filebin.net/flzd28xemk03i26w
The talk of old audio from ages ago reminded me of this little song that I love, I think it was part of a front page thing maybe?

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Booourns posted:

https://filebin.net/flzd28xemk03i26w
The talk of old audio from ages ago reminded me of this little song that I love, I think it was part of a front page thing maybe?

https://www.somethingawful.com/flash-tub/flip-top-box/

rip Flash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0NcFFgeYZc

shmorky tho :rolleyes:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I already posted this in the half life thread, but does anyone have the ms painted image of Gordon roasting marshmallows in the turret room in Nova Prospekt? I've been trying to find it for ages.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Back around 2010ish when I used to go smoke with my friends we had some go-to videos on YouTube, one of them was a creepy music video that had old-timey visuals like a silent movie. The music was ambient kinda electronic stuff, no vocals and possibly the dialogue was shown on cards like in silent movies?

The video was a story of an almost Nosferatu looking servant/butler character, I've forgotten the "story" but this pale, bald, pointy eared man servant character skulking around in a Victorian sort of house has popped into my head from time to time and I've never been able to find the video - hoping it rings a bell for someone.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

are you sure it's not just footage from the film nosferatu

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I have no doubt this has been covered elsewhere, but (and I ask this sincerely) are we 100% sure Shmorky is actually completely insane and not that Lowtax trashed yet another confidante when that person no longer served a purpose

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Dr. Quarex posted:

SuperGreatFriends LP of IllBleed where they have to confront the KILLERMAN could be this. Phone posting or I'd link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

Scaramouche posted:

SuperGreatFriends LP of IllBleed where they have to confront the KILLERMAN could be this. Phone posting or I'd link

Yeah, my mind went there too.

link to the LP