Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

kaesarsosei posted:

Is it too early to say how much of a shitshow subs are?

They are boring more than anything else. Also games are boring with subs in them.

Wargaming seems to have fixed the specific issue with subs from the last test sitting at 5.9 meters and diving to 6 meters when someone shot them, but otherwise done very little about the problems with the design. But it's hard to tell for sure when all you can play is coop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Why does weegee insist on having worse game mechanics than steel ocean

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Free respec for all your captains for the next 28 days

Burns
May 10, 2008

tarbrush posted:

Free respec for all your captains for the next 28 days

Wow the only competent thing WG has done all summer lol.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

There's a "reset all" button for your commanders again too: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/resetting-skills-for-all-commanders/

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Is this available in EU, I can't see it

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Aramoro posted:

Is this available in EU, I can't see it

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/resetting-skills-for-all-commanders/

It wasnt linked anywhere on the website i could see so i had to find it via google instead.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Came back after a two year hiatus and drat there's a lot of new stuff.

Are any of the new lines worth grinding? I started French DDs on a whim and it looks like no one plays low tiers at all anymore?

Also, they did another skill rework? Great. Now I have to Respec way too many captains again.

My first match back was in my Schohrs, and of course I was facing T9 BBs.

My next two matches at T6 had CVs, and both ended in a grueling clock countdown as the CVs dueled and me and the other surviving cruiser tried to hunt them down while avoiding constant barrages of aircraft munitions. Very fun design, Wargaming.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Devorum posted:

Came back after a two year hiatus and drat there's a lot of new stuff.

Are any of the new lines worth grinding? I started French DDs on a whim and it looks like no one plays low tiers at all anymore?

I don't know what the new lines are but in fairness to WG, most of the tech-tree lines are competitive. The biggest stinker is the new German gunboat line (ending in Elbing). The T7 and T8 on it are hot garbage.

Devorum posted:

Also, they did another skill rework? Great. Now I have to Respec way too many captains again.

Yes but there is a button, somewhere on a webpage, that allows you to reset all commanders for free. I suggest at a minimum clicking that and then taking your time as you can you to respec them.

Devorum posted:

My first match back was in my Schohrs, and of course I was facing T9 BBs.

My next two matches at T6 had CVs, and both ended in a grueling clock countdown as the CVs dueled and me and the other surviving cruiser tried to hunt them down while avoiding constant barrages of aircraft munitions. Very fun design, Wargaming.

T7 MM is the worst and has been for some time. It's the most regular tier for getting uptiered +2, and its the only tier where if you do you are facing ships with 2 extra module slots (T7 get 4, T9 get 6). And the 5th module slot (gained at T8) is also probably the most important.

CV's...anecdotedly I think I am seeing less CVs. I certainly haven't seen a 4-CV game for maybe 6 months (although they were rare to begin with). But ofc, just when CV's might be starting to be played less the potential poo poo-show of subs are coming.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I've seen a lot less CVs recently. I can only assume all the assholes are playing subs

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Whatever you think of CV balance and the rework, the RTS CV was much more interesting than what we have now. It was also broken as hell, but they’d have been better balancing that than going through the rework.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Made a gif to celebrate the current CC shitshow.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

so good

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

tarbrush posted:

I've seen a lot less CVs recently. I can only assume all the assholes are playing subs

Nah, it was the rocket plane rework. It takes two clicks and a time delay to hit a target now, so all the lazy CV captains are exposed. When that update dropped, I remember seeing tons of CVs just missing nonstop with their rocket planes. I tried it myself and it wasn't too bad once I got used to it but I actually practiced in Co-op. I don't see the regular joe doing that, ever.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hammerstein posted:

Made a gif to celebrate the current CC shitshow.

What are they doing now?

E: oh poo poo, losing Flambass, Jingles, LittleWhiteMouse and probably others? What the gently caress are they doing?!

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

What are they doing now?

Their community contributors are mass quitting, with the most prominent being Little White Mouse. After she was treated like poo poo by WG employees recently.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah I read up on it.

The state of this loving company.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Hammerstein posted:

Their community contributors are mass quitting, with the most prominent being Little White Mouse. After she was treated like poo poo by WG employees recently.

I would have thought Jingles was the most prominent, especially since I have no idea who Little White Mouse is—I did just take an almost 2 year break though.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ZombieLenin posted:

I would have thought Jingles was the most prominent, especially since I have no idea who Little White Mouse is—I did just take an almost 2 year break though.

LWM is one of the most respected CCs. She puts in an INSANE amount of work to analyze and review all premium ships, so she was also extremely valuable to WG. Her research and analysis put numbers to a lot of the "intangibles" in the game, pointed out a lot of obscure bugs in the game and revealed problems. She was also extremely liked by both the community and other CCs.

And WG hosed her over by inviting her and another person to design a Canadian ship for the game, screwing them at every turn and then finally trying to gaslight them into believing they were never invited to work on the project at all and if they chose to waste a few years doing free work, that was on them.

It blew up in WG's faces, they blamed "miscommunication", vowed to do better in the future and then literally two weeks later went back on those promises.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

LWM is one of the most respected CCs. She puts in an INSANE amount of work to analyze and review all premium ships, so she was also extremely valuable to WG. Her research and analysis put numbers to a lot of the "intangibles" in the game, pointed out a lot of obscure bugs in the game and revealed problems. She was also extremely liked by both the community and other CCs.

And WG hosed her over by inviting her and another person to design a Canadian ship for the game, screwing them at every turn and then finally trying to gaslight them into believing they were never invited to work on the project at all and if they chose to waste a few years doing free work, that was on them.

It blew up in WG's faces, they blamed "miscommunication", vowed to do better in the future and then literally two weeks later went back on those promises.

Yeah, didn’t know anything about this, but yeah… I think we all knew for a long time how gross Wargaming had become.

Incidentally, Jingles quit the CC program too and referenced how April was treated in his tweet. I take it that is probably Little White Mouse.

I am not sure that Wargaming has a single English language CC for WOWs left at this point.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah, LWM is April. Flambass, iChase, MrGibbins (a guy who is frequently accused of being a WG shill) and a bunch of others also quit in support of LWM, but not JUST because of LWM.

They all cited horrible treatment from WG employees and the game generally being a loving shitshow that was making them depressed and anxious simply with the knowledge that they'd have to play WoWS.

So, you know. loving amazing job, Wargaming.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah I read up on it.

The state of this loving company.

World of Warships: just had a dev team that did everything wrong

e: Thank you, unknown mod :thumbsup:

Preechr fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Aug 15, 2021

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Preechr posted:

:vince:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Preechr posted:

:five:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Looks like it's a pretty drat expansive clearout. Even a lot of small streamers seem to be quitting, because a couple of small German streamers I occasionally used to watch for German practise dumped their CC tags on Twitch tonight.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah, LWM is April. Flambass, iChase, MrGibbins (a guy who is frequently accused of being a WG shill) and a bunch of others also quit in support of LWM, but not JUST because of LWM.

They all cited horrible treatment from WG employees and the game generally being a loving shitshow that was making them depressed and anxious simply with the knowledge that they'd have to play WoWS.

So, you know. loving amazing job, Wargaming.

For iChase it was LWM and the return of the Missouri and the utter lies they've told about that ship regarding people who already had it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah as someone who has the OG Missouri that was a nasty, but expected turn of events. And apparently the way of getting the new, non-profitable Missouri, is buying blind boxes with insanely low drop chances?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah as someone who has the OG Missouri that was a nasty, but expected turn of events. And apparently the way of getting the new, non-profitable Missouri, is buying blind boxes with insanely low drop chances?

Yep, you have to gamble doubloons on a really low chance drop. So its literal gambling.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

What happened with the Missouri? I know it came back less profitable, but I thought the old one remained the same.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Darkrenown posted:

What happened with the Missouri? I know it came back less profitable, but I thought the old one remained the same.

That's what they promised, but as serious gaylord said, they lied. They put in a permanent mission that gives you +17% increased credits with the OG Missouri, but it doesn't stack with a bunch of +credit modifiers, so you actually end up getting a lot less than you did before.

People have collected a lot of stats on this, and apparently when those stats were presented to WG the CCs were dismissed in a very offensive fashion, sooooooo...

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
They removed the inherent bonus to credit gain, then said that they would add in a special permanent mission for all previous owners that would get them equivalent credits. Said mission turned out to be a +17% credit gain, not multiplicative with flags or other modifiers, and not permanent. Because of a miscommunication that caused your feeble brain to imagine that anything weegee claimed was true.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Those absolute fuckers

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The mission also runs out in 144 days. So its not truly permanent. Allegedly it will be renewed every year but they've stopped mentioning its permanent as far as I can see.

Little White Mouse ran the numbers and outright asked them if they would still get the same bonus as the old one, using specific examples and they said 'Yep, no change at all' and then it was tested in game and well surprise WG lied again.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah, and after it was finally irrefutably proven that they were lying, they said it was a game engine limitation.

Which, you know, if that was true, it would be something they would have known when they promised there would be no change and they could have worked around it by increasing the +17% modifier but for some mysterious reason they didn't, so it's even scummier lying than normally.

Also yeah the "renewed every year". The UU legacy missions were also supposed to be renewed every year. They were renewed once after a massive outcry and then removed from everyone who had them.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
So glad I quit this shitshow way back.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Thronde posted:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Thronde posted:

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

Thronde posted:

I haven't played the game in at least 6 months but keeping up with the drama still provides some entertainment watching it circle the drain.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Thronde posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

If a better naval mmo was available I would have switched long ago. Sadly War Thunder ships are boring and Gaijin is super scummy too.