Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

I really wish we didn't live on such a stupid planet

we couldn't live anywhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

quote:

It’s really hard to believe that Trump could have built the real estate Empire that he did meaning that he had to delegate tons of authority and he had to pic top-notch people to do it. But yet when it comes to being president he seems to have turned into the worst judge of competence and character on the planet.

54 posted on 8/12/2021, 6:32:45 PM by bramps (It's the Islam, stupid!)

Really makes you think :thunk:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

You also have a contingent that look at two data points:

- COVID deaths are way up in 2020 (because COVID exists)
- Flu deaths are way down in 2020 (because masks and social distancing also works for other infectious diseases)

then try to claim that any COVID deaths are actually misdiagnosed flu deaths. They are bolstered by a CDC memo that basically said 'we're retiring this COVID PCR test because there are better ones on the market now' and highlights that the new versions can detect not only COVID but other viruses. So the Freeper / QAnon / TheDonald anti-vaxx contingent immediately went 'THE TEST COULDN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COVID AND THE FLU!!!!!! ALL COVID TESTING IS MADE UP!!!!!!'

Just in case we have any TheDonald people lurking here: I am personally, in my professor's lab, sequencing covid samples we get from our state's testing labs. It's covid. It's not made up. The tests are not misdiagnosing it. The CDC memo says that the old test could only check for COVID19. That doesn't mean that what you think it means.

tl;dr, memo said 'Old test could tell you if red ball was in the box. New test can tell you if red ball or yellow ball is in the box' and the freepers are saying 'test can't tell the difference between red and yellow'.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 13, 2021

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I've been hearing this sort of nonsense from family friends that I don't think are Freepers: "Oh, the deaths are inaccurate. They count anyone dying as having died from covid". Unless it's from Fox News I have no idea where this particular "idea" comes from.

That's been everywhere from Fox News to talk radio to Facebook from day 1.
It's just the flu, it doesn't kill anyone, doctors get money from the federal government for every covid patient so they just lie and say everyone has it, they list every death as covid because they get more money, etc etc.

I think there was one case in Florida where a hospital did accidentally put covid as cause of death for a guy killed in a motorcycle accident, because in a country of millions of people sometimes the paperwork gets hosed up. So of course all those idiots are like "See? SEE? They're blaming motorcycle deaths on covid, that proves they're blaming everyone who dies of anything on covid, therefore covid isn't even a real disease!"

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 13, 2021

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Scratch Monkey posted:

https://i.imgur.com/79SQAfr.mp4

If I'm understanding that chart they seem to be arguing that it's just impossible for parts of Pennsylvania that had seen a downward turn in Democratic votes to suddenly see an upturn during the Trump administration. No logical reason. Not a one. Unexplainable.

Well, they're starting from "Trump greatest prez evah" so sudden upticks in Dem turnout simply cannot be possible. Remember, you have to view this through the eyes of the insane

kik2dagroin posted:

To: madison10
I was sick for 4 months after my one and only flu shot in 2019.

Was convinced I had early Covid until I tested positive in Nov 2020. I had been exposed multiple times before that and never got it until hubby brought it home from a new job where masks were mandated. Treated Covid with the non-HCQ Zelenko protocol and had very mild symptoms.

I have afib and autoimmune issues that kick my butt daily. Actually sitting here now waiting for my heart rate to normalize so I can go to bed. I will feel like hell tomorrow.

Just got the news today that my employer is mandating the vaxx by 10/15. Prior to that I am expected to wear a mask all day and submit to weekly testing.

I will not be taking the vax. I have much more to fear from a reaction than I ever did from Covid. I have a unique skillset and lots of knowledge of our niche industry software, but I will walk away if I have to.

293 posted on 08/09/2021 10:10:12 PM PDT by Mygirlsmom (Back after a long hiatus. Now mygrandkidsgrandma)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 239 | View Replies ]

Ah, if only I could be there when his employer tells him "There's the door, see ya".
We went through this where I worked, people tried to game the company and force some pay raises after the lockdown because we couldn't get new people. Company basically told each one "see ya" to call their bluffs. I'm all for people getting paid more, but it was sheer hilarity to watch smug dicks that thought they were invaluable get some reality for a change

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 13, 2021

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

VitalSigns posted:

How was Barrett a fraudulent appointment I haven't heard this new theory.

It goes like this: ACB made everyone think she was a true right wing patriot who would do everything that Trump wanted. She did a thing that Trump wouldn't want, therefore she was a lying liberal all along and her appointment was fraudulent.

That's it, that's the theory.

Bobulus posted:

Just in case we have any TheDonald people lurking here: I am personally, in my professor's lab, sequencing covid samples we get from our state's testing labs. It's covid. It's not made up. The tests are not misdiagnosing it. The CDC memo says that the old test could only check for COVID19. That doesn't mean that what you think it means.

Nice try, liar, how much did Soros pay you to lie like that?

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003

quote:

I have a unique skillset and lots of knowledge of our niche industry software, but I will walk away if I have to.

This is so cute. Even among people that support COBOL or weird embedded products, no one is irreplaceable.

Plus, getting rid of a pain in the rear end shithead that can potentially bring disease to the rest of your workforce, then hiring a replacement at a lower cost is a no-brainer.

EDIT: vvv I'm pretty sure it was all music. I vaguely remember him talking about ripping out the radios on all his work trucks or something.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

A little off-topic but, I was thinking about DaleReed the other day. What the hell was his issue with music? Did he just hate modern music, or did he hate the entire concept of music?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Shaddak posted:

A little off-topic but, I was thinking about DaleReed the other day. What the hell was his issue with music? Did he just hate modern music, or did he hate the entire concept of music?

He hated the concept of joy.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Music is like a hat for the ears or a muppet for the soul.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Makes sense.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Perhaps he is occasionally posessed by the ghost of a puritan.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

NecroBob posted:

EDIT: vvv I'm pretty sure it was all music. I vaguely remember him talking about ripping out the radios on all his work trucks or something.

dalereed ripping all the radios out of his work trucks was less about his hatred of music (which to be clear, he did hate), but more about "workers aren't allowed to do anything pleasurable on company time.

Here is the original post:

quote:

To: FlingWingFlyer

Haven’t got a radio and have never had a radio in a vehicle.

I refused to allow radios in my company trucks, the employees are supposed to be workong and/or thinking about work, not screwing off listening to a drat radio and that goes for me also!!!

12 posted on 12/23/2014, 1:59:30 AM by dalereed
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

God, what a joyless hateful man. He probably would have hated knowing people were having fun laughing at his posts, not out of any personal pride, just the idea of there being enjoyment in the world and him being partly responsible for it.

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003

Twelve by Pies posted:

dalereed ripping all the radios out of his work trucks was less about his hatred of music (which to be clear, he did hate), but more about "workers aren't allowed to do anything pleasurable on company time.

Here is the original post:

Yes, there's the post!

Godspeed, dalereed, you salty dead gently caress :patriot:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

dalereed was that Kate Beaton "I had fun once and it was awful" panel in real life.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Except definitely not Hispanic.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

There’s a singular pic floating around of him, somewhere. To gaze upon it is to look into the heart of malice, as it enjoys a cigarette and a bud light.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Lord Hydronium posted:

God, what a joyless hateful man. He probably would have hated knowing people were having fun laughing at his posts, not out of any personal pride, just the idea of there being enjoyment in the world and him being partly responsible for it.

His employees tricked him into drinking piss for a reason.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Icon Of Sin posted:

There’s a singular pic floating around of him, somewhere. To gaze upon it is to look into the heart of malice, as it enjoys a cigarette and a bud light.

Sounds suspiciously like he was having fun.

As hilarious as our guy himself described it, that whole view is distressingly common.

My partner works in a warehouse atm. 50-80% of the day is working alone picking products and packing them for shipment, with no interaction needed other than being able to hear the forklift or cherrypicker if it's about. Despite this, so much as an earbud in one ear on the floor is a fireable-on-the-spot offence.

By contrast, when I did a similar job stocking a grocery store overnight, we could spend the whole shift with music or podcasts. Not an offence as long as you practiced basic reason and didn't play music so loud it hosed you or something else up.

Guess which one is horrible drudgery and which one lets you get in a grove and suddenly realize you completed your whole workload halfway through the shift? Guess which one keeps employees for a 30 year career and which one regularly sees people nocall noshow inside of a week? Guess the rate of injuries despite the exact same equipment from boxcutters to forklifts to trucks?

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 13, 2021

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Shaddak posted:

Dalereed was the real life version of that Abe Simpson meme "Old man yells at cloud"

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Neo_Crimson posted:

His employees tricked him into drinking piss for a reason.

Wait I missed this part of the dalereed mythos

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Bobby Digital posted:

Wait I missed this part of the dalereed mythos

Yeah I don't remember this at all.

I'm also unable to find the dalereed post about his hatred of hats, sadly. The muppet one and the radio one are well preserved but the hat one is beyond my finding capabilities.

Icon Of Sin posted:

I remember the old arguments about that photo and whether he was holding a pack of cigarettes or a can of beer in his hand, and "dalereed has monstrous hands" became part of the mythos for a while.

Enormous hands, hated hats, man dalereed really was the anti-Trump.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Eagerly awaiting the dalereed cinematic universe.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Sounds suspiciously like he was having fun.

As hilarious as our guy himself described it, that whole view is distressingly common.

My partner works in a warehouse atm. 50-80% of the day is working alone picking products and packing them for shipment, with no interaction needed other than being able to hear the forklift or cherrypicker if it's about. Despite this, so much as an earbud in one ear on the floor is a fireable-on-the-spot offence.

By contrast, when I did a similar job stocking a grocery store overnight, we could spend the whole shift with music or podcasts. Not an offence as long as you practiced basic reason and didn't play music so loud it hosed you or something else up.

Guess which one is horrible drudgery and which one lets you get in a grove and suddenly realize you completed your whole workload halfway through the shift? Guess which one keeps employees for a 30 year career and which one regularly sees people nocall noshow inside of a week? Guess the rate of injuries despite the exact same equipment from boxcutters to forklifts to trucks?

There's research to back this up too. Listening to music makes people more productive.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Someone is going to have to tell be about this mythical dalereed hatebeast.

God drat, some people are just so loving miserable.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Blotto_Otter posted:

lol, what on earth is going on with the parade of Deborahs at the bottom ticker. Deborah Sambuca, Deborah Schmuckal, Deborah Smuckers, I can't get enough of these deborahs

Going back to this, I bet what's happened is that's just a feed of supporter's names, sorted alphabetically by first name. Notice that they're not just all Deborahs, but they're also Deborahs with last names going in alphabetical order.

It is the WORST possible way to show a list of supporter's names, but that's probably what it is.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Aug 14, 2021

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Clarste posted:

There's research to back this up too. Listening to music makes people more productive.

You mean making your employees happier makes them work more? Nooooo, that's not very capitalism!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Captain Log posted:

They had a freepmeet at an Olive Garden and were such assholes/didn't want to pay that everyone at it got banned from all Olive Gardens forever

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I will never understand the boomer obsession with Olive Garden

Like was that the only place in their neighborhoods that was considered good food? Or is it just the free breadsticks thing that they could abuse?

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
The Genius of Olive Garden was in convincing old, dumb people that it is simultaneously a fancy restaurant and somewhere you can have someone bring you endless bowls of salted slop for 15 bucks.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Elephant Ambush posted:

Like was that the only place in their neighborhoods that was considered good food? Or is it just the free breadsticks thing that they could abuse?

To be fair to the boomers, I think yeah, chain restaurants for a long time were the only sit-down restaurants serving much decent food that wasn't a local specialty. Nowadays the situation is better, and for rich people food capitals, NYC has eclipsed cities like Paris imo. But I can't blame them for getting accustomed. I still eat at Taco Bell, demolish cheddar bay biscuits, and the Impossible Whopper was a godsend.

I guess the boomer-millenial divide here is that I know that the food I eat out of nostalgia is not the be-all end-all. Otoh, we have our own dumb obsessions. My partner is obsessed with Chipotle. Lady, this is Texas, and you used to live in NY. You need to go to a local dive and get some actual good rear end mexican.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Elephant Ambush posted:

Olive garden gives you enough food that you can feast on the leftovers for days. If you're not taking home a bowl of soup, breadsticks, and half your entre you've hosed up somewhere.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

It's like eating in the private kitchen of a delightful Italian stereotype!

Captain Log posted:

dalereed was just a freeper who posted about everything he hated all the time, with his most prominent posts being how he hated radios in work trucks, him not knowing what the Muppets are and telling Jim Henson that, and his hatred of wearing hats which is a post that seems to be lost to time.

I think it may even have been dalereed that coined the phrase "They should lay down in the streets and die!"

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
That was def DaleReed.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
Yeah he was this bitter old flat-top hate golem that wanted everyone on welfare, food stamps or any other kind of assistance to lay down in the street and die. I think he liked muscle cars but that's about it. He had cancer and eventually died from it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
GISing dale reed freep failed to find the iconic photo, but there are these

:nws:https://imgur.com/04t2b0Y:nms:

Did we do this or was it bitter freepers zotted and trying their hand at memes?

Second one is tame, but it's got vultures on a human skeleton and even it's from a sky burial or similar, gently caress freepers using a photo of someone's honoured dead for whining about jimrob tbh.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 14, 2021

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

quote:

To: Hojczyk
This is not about evacuating Americans. Just last Thursday, we evacuated 1,200 Afghani Muslims to Ft. Lee, VA. Those 1,200 Afghanis could have been 1,200 Americans. Biden wants the 1,200 Afghani Muslims to be Americans. That is his objective. In the process, he is putting our troops in harms way. Who is more important? Afghani Muslims immigrating to America? American embassy workers return home? Our troops put in harms way?
Biden made his priorities clear. The mass Muslim immigration has been in the planning for months. Just search Ft. Lee and you will find all the accommodations detailed in months of articles where Biden has been prepared to have a mass Muslim immigration. He needs chaos for this plan to work. That's is what is happening now.

8 posted on 8/14/2021, 12:24:20 PM by ConservativeInPA (“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” ― Thomas Jefferson)

quote:

To: romanesq
The Afghans who supported Americans there deserve to be evacuated.

Bull crap. They are Muslims. We are full up on Muslims. I do not give a crap about them. They are cowards if they want to leave. If they had any guts they would stay and fight. Why do you want cowards to come to America? We spent $88 billion on training and arming the Afghan Army. Now they won't fight. I don't want that kind of people coming to America and certainly do not want any pedophile prophet worshiping death cultists.

I deal with reality, not some BS touchy-feely narrative being pushed by the global establishment. Muslims should never be welcome in our country. We should never fight for Muslims. We fight for our own freedom and liberties, and in the process if that includes murdering Muslims then all the better. We don't owe them jack.

Let me give you a dose of my reality: My SIL was deployed to Afghanistan Thursday night. His son, my grandson, is more deserving in have a live and intact father than any frickin' Afghani is deserving to immigrate to America. My SIL's life should not be put at risk for Muslim cowards to immigrate to America.

If Afghan soldiers are unwilling to fight, surrender, and then that is just plain "nuts". (Reference to Brigadier General McAuliffe, who was an American Patriot and completely antithetical to these Muslim cowards.)

24 posted on 8/14/2021, 1:24:35 PM by ConservativeInPA (“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” ― Thomas Jefferson)

quote:

To: romanesq
Muslims are never our allies. It is completely acceptable to use and abuse them. It is how they treat each other and everyone else. Try studying Islam and gain a understanding of their systems of belief. Their word does not mean anything and they do not expect our word to mean anything. Our Western allies are a completely different story. I put value on American lives. I put zero value on pedophile worshiping pieces of poo poo.

38 posted on 8/14/2021, 5:35:28 PM by ConservativeInPA (“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” ― Thomas Jefferson)

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
1200 people is nothing. We could take a half-million and barely notice. America big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Sarcastr0 posted:

I put value on American lives. I put zero value on pedophile worshiping pieces of poo poo.

Now watch me vote for the GOP!