Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

edit: ver.2

Vic fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Aug 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Morita still exists in a buggy version of the game in Crime NEET timeline.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Morita was a distraction and this optimizes the game for the competitive scene :evilbuddy:

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

the holy poopacy posted:

memento morita

Hate it when somebody makes a perfect post and all you can do is stare in awe

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
A
M
E
N

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
"I'd better pour out the last can of my dad's favorite beer for Morita when I get home."

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Vic posted:

Mods I renounce my goonited nations tag

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Lol that tohru's reaction pretty much perfectly matches ours

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

Aardvark! posted:

Lol that tohru's reaction pretty much perfectly matches ours

stopped clock, etc

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

the holy poopacy posted:

memento morita

Naisu

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Vic posted:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i think it should be black and white ms-paint style if anything. imho

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

i think it should be black and white ms-paint style if anything. imho

Yeah I'm using a free web based editor and it all comes anti-aliased. Maybe I can freehand it.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Alright I'll stop now:

To all whom this may concern. My epitaph should read:
Poor guy...
Vic...
He was a good guy...

Vic fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Aug 14, 2021

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

*unzips*

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Cue ruminations about the power he wields as a game tester and renewed pledges of „I will keep doing my best as a game tester!!!“

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Neco posted:

Cue ruminations about the power he wields as a game tester and renewed pledges of „I will keep doing my best as a game tester!!!“

The author is very aristotelian

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Vic posted:

I really like ver 2 but with the ghost moria from last update

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Vic posted:

Alright I'll stop now:

I like the simpler MSPaint version, but i think it would be funny if it was animated to have the ghost morita floating up

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

simplefish posted:

I really like ver 2 but with the ghost moria from last update

I know, I tried, but the original drawings being 1 pixel thick means fitting ghost Morita into a 60px high image is impossible.

I'm gonna keep trying hard!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

drat we never got the months long regression testing arc following the morita patch, rip

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

ok but when do we get the arc from morita's perspective when we find out he's a real person the character is based off of

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The incredibly rare Mx./Mix. post combo. :wth:

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Apparently there is a word for specifically the second third of a month, starting from the 21st to the last day. There are also two (similar) words for the first 10 days of a month, and one for the 11th to 20th days.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Oh no, we're never going to see the bald co-worker again, are we :ohdear:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Brother Make posted:

Apparently there is a word for specifically the second third of a month, starting from the 21st to the last day. There are also two (similar) words for the first 10 days of a month, and one for the 11th to 20th days.

I guess since it's a bit into the Wii life cycle they would have started using regular models but this is what the devkit actually looks like. Friend of mine has one and it's awesome.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Lodin posted:

I guess since it's a bit into the Wii life cycle they would have started using regular models but this is what the devkit actually looks like. Friend of mine has one and it's awesome.

I can't find a photo of it unfortunately, but there actually was a specific type of Wii used for testing! It looked like a regular Wii, but had a bright red front panel. The front panel, where power etc buttons are, was much larger and I think didn't have a disc drive (I may be misremembering about the drive). There were more slots for SD cards etc, and several debugging buttons. The only button I explicitly remember was the "dump bios" button that basically bricked the console unless you had spare bios on hand. Every console at the company I worked at had pennies taped over this button so nobody could accidentally press it.

E: found a photo! I was right about there not being a disk drive, though no SD card slots. The dump button is labeled "Flush" and is near the led lights on the front.

E2: actually doing research, it appears the flush button did NOT dump the bios like my managers told me at the time, but just deletes the disk image for the virtual disk that's loaded. Thanks lovely QA company that didn't treat us like humans, and apparently also lied to us about the tools we used!

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 15, 2021

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

CodfishCartographer posted:

I can't find a photo of it unfortunately, but there actually was a specific type of Wii used for testing! It looked like a regular Wii, but had a bright red front panel. The front panel, where power etc buttons are, was much larger and I think didn't have a disc drive (I may be misremembering about the drive). There were more slots for SD cards etc, and several debugging buttons. The only button I explicitly remember was the "dump bios" button that basically bricked the console unless you had spare bios on hand. Every console at the company I worked at had pennies taped over this button so nobody could accidentally press it.

E: found a photo! I was right about there not being a disk drive, though no SD card slots. The dump button is labeled "Flush" and is near the led lights on the front.

E2: actually doing research, it appears the flush button did NOT dump the bios like my managers told me at the time, but just deletes the disk image for the virtual disk that's loaded. Thanks lovely QA company that didn't treat us like humans, and apparently also lied to us about the tools we used!

:hfive:

:smith:

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

holy poo poo, are we tying back into the present? is this what's happening?

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

They're gonna take the photo that's being shown on the game show.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

:homebrew:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
all right what do you think he's gonna do with the money

mangas? certainly. new game console? maybe. putting it in savings and navel-gazing about it for 30 pages? for sure

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Buy some night sausage

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CodfishCartographer posted:

Oh poo poo, those things are gorgeous! Makes sense that they would eventually make more standard units for testing.

Also, NEET should deffo give his dad a bit of the ol' night sausage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.