Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Phobeste posted:

I agree with the terminally lawyer brained

That's an unforgivable insult you take it back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

TEEEEEBOWW
https://twitter.com/biggameJames_36/status/1426713414341206023

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

The one where you used generational adjustment stats or some stupid bullshit, ya link that that will help my argument

August 21, 2020: The Poster KNown as Doltos alleges, without Irony, that Eli Manning was a Better Quarterback than Troy Aikman, because Doltos, "watched a bunch of games and he ascertained that Eli was More Powerful."

Doltos posted:

Well since Eli has better regular season stats and threw away way less games in the playoffs and the only reply I got to that was different era I'd say if he could actually watch and bring up tape that shows Troy throwing more powerfully or more accurately than Eli then I'd probably give him a head nod.

blarzgh posted:

Ok, I'm going to try to parse this:

1) Eli has better regular season stats.
2) Eli threw away less games in the playoffs.
3) Troy threw "more powerfully." (Eye test?)
4) Troy threw "more accurately." (Eye test?)

1) Eli has better regular season stats.
- Eli manning finished his career with a regular season record of 117 - 117. A perfectly .500 QB.
- 60.3% completions
- 4.5% TD
- 3% INT
- 7 y/att
- 241 y/g
- 84.1 Rate

- Troy Aikman finished his career with a regular season record of 94-71.
- 61.5% completions
- 3.5% TD
- 3% INT
- 7 y/att
- 199 y/g
- 81.4 Rate

Without adjusting for the decades they played in, they're pretty much even (unless you look at their overall record.)
Adjusting for Era, however, Troy was top 10 in passer rating 6 times in the 1990s.
1991 NFL 86.7 (6)
1992 NFL 89.5 (3)
1993 NFL 99.0 (2)
1994 NFL 84.9 (5)
1995 NFL 93.6 (3)
1998 NFL 88.5 (8)

Eli was only a top 10 passer 1 time in 15 years: 2011 NFL 92.9 (7th.)

Also, Eli led the league in interceptions 3 times (2007, 2010, 2013). He has the 12th most interceptions of All Time.

I think its pretty clear that Troy was the better regular season QB, both by stats, and by record/performance.

2) Eli threw away less games in the playoffs.
In the Playoffs, Eli threw 18 touchdowns, and 9 interceptions. In seasons that NY didn't win a superbowl, he never won a playoff game, and he threw 3 TD and 7 Ints. He played in 12 playoff games over fifteen years, and "threw away" a third of them (4).

In the Playoffs, Troy threw 23 touchdowns, and 17 interceptions. In all of his playoff losses, he threw 8 TD and 10 Ints. He played in 15 playoff games over fifteen years, and "threw away" one fifth of them(3).

The fact is that Troy Aikman "threw away" fewer total playoff games, despite playing in more of them, and did it at a much lower rate than Eli did.

3) Troy threw "more powerfully." (Eye test?)
4) Trow threw "more accurately." (Eye test?)

These are part of the problem. I can tell you things like "Pat Summerall called Troy Aikman the most accurate passer he ever saw." and that dozens of coaches and pundits have called his accuracy generational, and I can tell you that Eli Manning has been called, "Not Accurate, Whatsoever.

I can also tell you that I've watched games and highlights of both Troy Aikman and Eli Manning, and its obvious to me and anyone who watches that Troy is the More accurate passer.

In terms of "powerful", I think there are dozens of QBs widely regarded to be "hard throwers" and Eli and Troy aren't in that category. The Dan Marinos and Brett Favres of the world are known for throwing the ball hard; Jamarcus Russel could sit on the 50 yard line and throw a football 5 yards.

Also, I can also tell you that I've watched games and highlights of both Troy Aikman and Eli Manning, and its obvious to me and anyone who watches that Troy is the More Powerful passer.??

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Eli was better than Aikman.

Rivers was better than Eli.

Rivers was better than Aikman

iPhone Money
Nov 4, 2009

Doltos posted:

The one where you used generational adjustment stats or some stupid bullshit, ya link that that will help my argument

Aikman would probably be better now that he wouldn't get his dome rocked 3-4 times a game.

Dude took a beating his entire career.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I have vivid memories of announcers saying Aikmen was concussed while still playing. Man qbs got themselves destroyed for a long time

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I have vivid memories of announcers saying Aikmen was concussed while still playing. Man qbs got themselves destroyed for a long time

Rub some dirt on it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Poor 59 in the film room tomorrow.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

a neat cape posted:

Don't make me tap the rings

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Doltos posted:

Don't make me tap the rings

None of Aikman's rings count

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Steve Pisarkiewicz

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

the Ravens are on a 18-0 streak in preseason games and there's a parade in Baltimore and they won the Super Bowl

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 15, 2021

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Aikman was better than Eli.

Eli was better than Rivers.

Rivers was better than Aikman.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Prime Jake Delhomme was better than Troy Aikman

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

sweet thursday posted:

Aikman was better than Eli.

Eli was better than Rivers.

Rivers was better than Aikman.

what the gently caress

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's called Avicennian logic, ross

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/RichGannon12/status/1426734532921749506

preseason game btw

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Doltos posted:

It's called Avicennian logic, ross

what the gently caress

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Imagine dying to watch a raiders preseason game

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

FizFashizzle posted:

Imagine dying to watch a raiders preseason game

Empire's over boys. Time to see what China will do.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

a neat cape posted:

Vince Young was better than all of these people.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

Vince Young was better than all of these people.

he was not

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Randall Cunningham is the best QB to ever play in the NFCE.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Ooof

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what the gently caress is this beard

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

R.D. Mangles posted:

QB1

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

R.D. Mangles posted:

It's a good beard. Don't bash &E

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Mutton Chops, Goatee, Chin Strap.

This man has everything from the 90s in one place.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dearest Mother, it has been a harsh summer. Rations are low, and we are down to our last offensive line-man. I fear I may be violently sacked and nobody in this city likes me. But god willing you will see me again.

SHELBY FOOTE: Andy Dalton never did see his mother again. He contracted dysentery from a load of giardiniera left in the sun but recovered from that and was immediately run over by an Empire Carpet delivery van.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
&e is trying to go the Fitzmagick route

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Dearest Mother, it has been a harsh summer. Rations are low, and we are down to our last offensive line-man. I fear I may be violently sacked and nobody in this city likes me. But god willing you will see me again.

SHELBY FOOTE: Andy Dalton never did see his mother again. He contracted dysentery from a load of giardiniera left in the sun but recovered from that and was immediately run over by an Empire Carpet delivery van.

Don't.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/49ersfangirl/status/1426761303620608011?s=21
Rosen looks a defeated man

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Can you blame him?

Baker set all sorts of rookie QB records, at least until Herbert broke them all, and helped win the Browns their first playoff game in decades, and against the loving Steelers no less.

Josh Allen is one of the hottest QB’s right now and got the Bills to the loving AFCCG after finally taking the AFC East away from the Patriots.

Lamar Jackson won the MVP in his second year and is an instrumental part of one of the hottest offenses in the league, plus he also just won a playoff game himself.

Darnold got to first base and no longer has to play on the Jets, plus he’s still a starter.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Its funny how now that the Saints paid Taysom Hill not scrub money they have to pretend he's a QB and there's a competition.

Edit: Lol and he's gonna be 31 in a week. Happy Birthday Taysom!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Quiet Feet posted:

Edit: Lol and he's gonna be 31 in a week. Happy Birthday Taysom!

31 is the o/u on Winston’s interceptions this year.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Winston can see now, though!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Taysom Hill is strictly a gadget player and the Saints trying to pretend otherwise will detonate in their faces.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, there's a name I haven't thought of in a while and assumed was retired:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1426876099250774016

I mean, he might be forcibly retired now, I just thought it happened earlier.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I don’t know how to rank the rookie QB performances this weekend.

Lance and Fields had the big time plays and the touchdowns, but Fields was quite bad against the starters and Lance was erratic throughout. Wilson and Jones looked poised and methodical but couldn’t finish drives and only made the types of plays I’d expect Teddy Bridgewater type quarterbacks to make regularly. Lawrence’s showing was kind of an amalgamation of all the bests and worsts of the other rookie QB’s play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fsif posted:

I don’t know how to rank the rookie QB performances this weekend.

Lance and Fields had the big time plays and the touchdowns, but Fields was quite bad against the starters and Lance was erratic throughout. Wilson and Jones looked poised and methodical but couldn’t finish drives and only made the types of plays I’d expect Teddy Bridgewater type quarterbacks to make regularly. Lawrence’s showing was kind of an amalgamation of all the bests and worsts of the other rookie QB’s play.

I think you’re probably happy if you’re a fan of any of those teams. None of the QB’s had an, “Uh oh, he doesn’t belong out there” performance, which I think is all you’re looking for at this point.