Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

the more AEW, NJPW, Impact and AAA work together, the more WWE seems like a weird hermit federation in isolation from the rest of the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Everyone forgets NWA :sigh:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

good, they suck

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

I'd take them over ROH and it's not even close.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Understandable, ROH is a lot like NXT UK in that it doesn’t actually exist

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Evil Badman posted:

the roh tv champion is dragon lee

the nwa tv champion is tyrus

like I get that roh's undercard is bad and the booking is stale to the point of rotting, but nwa is just so much worse in every way lol

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The real question is if NWA is better than MLW

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Kvantum posted:

Turned up at ringside? He did way more than that. He got into a chop-off with Andrade el Idolo with Kenny as their chop-ee and then put Konnan in the Figure Four.

I thought you were joking so I looked it up and uh :stare:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Drakkel posted:

The real question is if NWA is better than MLW

Nah. MLW has a bunch of cool guys like King (Mil) Muertes, Myron Reed, Rivera (Danny Limelight), and like 3 versions of La Parka.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Evil Badman posted:

gently caress no, ROH with World Champion Bandido, TV Champion Dragon Lee, Tag Champs Chris Dickinson & Homicide, Pure Champion Jonathan Gresham against Nick Aldis, Tyrus, Aron Stevens & JR Kratos, the former Chris Masters?

It's not even close. NWA could run 50 big PPV shows & not put on as many great matches as were on the last ROH PPV.

Christ, I'd take Flamita on his own over basically the entire NWA roster. I know it's funny to rag on ROH for being lifeless but they've caught my interest.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Aug 15, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Remember when everyone thought Andrade got his release from WWE cause he wanted to join his Los Ingos mates in ROH? :laugh:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/GolazoDan/status/1426708306240888834?s=20

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I swear ... whoever ... is teaching ... these guys ... to promo ... like this ... has never ... heard ... a human ... TALKING

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Rarity posted:

No, NWA is very important. They provide the secondary women's title for AEW.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

me alone in my room cutting promos when i was 11

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

overmind2000 posted:

I thought you were joking so I looked it up and uh :stare:

it was legitimately so sad to watch.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Nah it was cool

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Nah it was cool

I only saw the gif but it seems to have been dope actually

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Nah it was cool

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

e: no!!!

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Aug 15, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Cavauro posted:

you're in trouble now

You’ve gone and made a big mistake

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Rarity posted:

Remember when everyone thought Andrade got his release from WWE cause he wanted to join his Los Ingos mates in ROH? :laugh:

"Everyone"

like 4 people here know what you're talking about. The furthest down the rabbit hole I go is wondering if people will go to AEW, Japan, Impact, or back to WWE

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
NWA should be MWA so instead of saying its acronym you can make a kissing noise instead.

:wink:

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Wrestling is the best thing in the world

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Shinjobi posted:

NWA should be MWA so instead of saying its acronym you can make a kissing noise instead.

This works so well as a dril tweet

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Wrestling is the best thing in the world

Yeah it is

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Shinjobi posted:

Alternatively they should ditch wrestling and embrace the yo-yo lifestyle so we can all be Skeletor when talking about it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

I certainly don't mind Andrade in AEW but I still say that would've been cool.

NWA is a feeder system for the rest of the FORBIDDEN DOOR promotions. That's fine. That's valuable. Ricky Starks came from NWA. I like Ricky Starks. Do you like Ricky Starks? gently caress them for putting a belt on Tyrus, though.

My question is, RoH or MLW?

I say RoH, because they have Slex comma The Business.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 15, 2021

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

NWA is the worst of the C-Tier promotions. Between ROH and MLW, I'm not sure which is better. The last time I looked at ROH it was unwatchable, but the roster has gotten better since that time. The both seem perfectly fine and if I had more hours and energy I'd watch both tbh.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

I certainly don't mind Andrade in AEW but I still say that would've been cool.

NWA is a feeder system for the rest of the FORBIDDEN DOOR promotions. That's fine. That's valuable. Ricky Starks came from NWA. I like Ricky Starks. Do you like Ricky Starks? gently caress them for putting a belt on Tyrus, though.

My question is, RoH or MLW?

I say RoH, because they have Slex comma The Business.

I think Ricky Starks would have been a pretty good wrestler without the NWA.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Nipponophile posted:

No, NWA is very important. They provide the secondary women's title for AEW.

I wish they'd do that with Impact instead

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Remember when the forbidden door was opened and everyone was so stoked that it would help the women's division by letting Impacts more established stars come over and have big matches and so and so? And then that just never happened cause it turns out the whole deal only exists to put the belt on Kenny and have a runaround to get the Good Brothers in AEW?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Drakkel posted:

Remember when the forbidden door was opened and everyone was so stoked that it would help the women's division by letting Impacts more established stars come over and have big matches and so and so? And then that just never happened cause it turns out the whole deal only exists to put the belt on Kenny and have a runaround to get the Good Brothers in AEW?

All you do is complain about AEW booking

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Drakkel posted:

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope.

Don't remember any of that.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Conrad_Birdie posted:

All you do is complain about AEW booking

No but go off I guess, didn't know it was illegal to acknowledge that not everything they do is unquestionably perfect in every way.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Drakkel posted:

No but go off I guess, didn't know it was illegal to acknowledge that not everything they do is unquestionably perfect in every way.

I don’t think it’s perfect either but you manage to to complain about it in every thread you post in, including the *checks title* WWF thread

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I like Drakkel's brand of posting in particular because they tend to talk about repetitive discourse in a negative light, "Oh can't wait to talk about this again", that kind of stuff. But then you read their posts and it's just the same thing over and over. Really beautiful dedication to the craft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope.

Don't remember any of that.

It was really funny to see people talk about how amazing the Knockouts division was and then it to suddenly become clear as people actually watched that it was really poorly booked and TNA wasn't utilizing their talent at all.