Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
It’s a bummer that the 911 GT3 has become what it is, and as expensive as it is, pushing it outside that limit. I still think I might try to buy one some day, but until then, I’m pretty happy with my current car situation.

Although if I’m honest, it’s probably better to just drive a gt3 once a year or so somewhere than actually own one.

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Aug 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Obviously the correct answer is 718 GT4

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
How much in-warranty S class does that price range get you nowadays? That's the direction I'd go, although the price limit might make an AMG E class more appealing.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

YOLOsubmarine posted:

But which 911?

997 GT3 RS. Or have they gone above that price range?

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I'd just get a 992 Carrera 4s. Perfect daily, comfortable, plenty quick enough and I could drive it in the winter.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
i just assume the new Integra is going to be the missing Civic Coupe. If it actually looks like an Integra I will be shocked.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Twerk from Home posted:

How much in-warranty S class does that price range get you nowadays? That's the direction I'd go, although the price limit might make an AMG E class more appealing.

Yeah, I think my answer would either be an RS6 or E63 with enough cash left to maintain it.

I saw an RS6 about 2 days ago. Nardo grey. Was p.nice.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

fknlo posted:

997 GT3 RS. Or have they gone above that price range?

I think so, yeah. I've been seeing them advertised for 150-200, but who knows what they're actually trading for in this hellworld.

And yeah, the RS6 looks awesome, even though it seems every automotive journalist seems to prefer the E63. We almost bought a regular A6 Allroad, but then drove the Mercedes.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

mobby_6kl posted:

I spotted one in my neighborhood the other day. Yeah, I'd rather have mid-engine over the 911.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

Franco Caution posted:

So what would be everyone's max $125-150k smart lottery win car purchase be?

rs6 avant

I don't even really care for Audi, but this thing is powerfully neat.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

mobby_6kl posted:

The heart wants a GT4. The mind knows a GTS 4.0 is the right answer.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

But which 911?

I don't know, I would decide after I drove them all :v:

Depending on the total budget of course, but I really like the new Targas so probably one of those, a Targa 4 GTS would be nice :)

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Residency Evil posted:

The heart wants a GT4. The mind knows a GTS 4.0 is the right answer.

Yup. 95% of the capabilities and easier to live with. Plus, think of all of the colored seat belts and wheel lugs you could get with the extra 10k.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Franco Caution posted:

Kamaz or MAN COE. Any condition or model.

E: like this, but toting a rv + machineshop

If I'm gonna drop six figs on on a vehicle, I'm going for broke.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 15, 2021

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
At 6’ 7” I honestly don’t know what halo car I would get if I suddenly got a few million since I don’t fit in most of them. Probably just a proper station wagon from BMW or Mercedes since I want to haul my greyhound around. Currently holding out for a hybrid Outback.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

smooth jazz posted:

The first thing I see when I start my car.

Suuuuup. I'm just shocked that Honda America/Acura is signaling a change from their misguided and dismal alphabet-soup naming convention.

Franco Caution posted:

I really like the AMG GT coupe and feel I could find satisfaction with it as a daily driver.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 15, 2021

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Franco Caution posted:

I'd get two. C8 Corvette for good weather/summer. 4WD Crew cab F-150 for people/junk hauling and winter fun. Everything I could ever need in those 2 vehicles.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Godzilla07 posted:

I'd have a tough time choosing between an LC500 convertible, or an AMG GT convertible.

One of these comes in Green Hell Magno, one of these does not.

It's not even a competition :colbert:

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yup. 95% of the capabilities and easier to live with. Plus, think of all of the colored seat belts and wheel lugs you could get with the extra 10k.

Yeah but on the other side of things, it will always be basically worth what it sold for for new or more. So the total cost of ownership would be lower. AMGs have to have one of highest TCOs of any car. An S63 coupe is 180k new and 70-80k 3 years later.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yup, un-ironically agree.

Minnesota Mixup posted:

Yeah but on the other side of things, it will always be basically worth what it sold for for new or more. So the total cost of ownership would be lower. AMGs have to have one of highest TCOs of any car. An S63 coupe is 180k new and 70-80k 3 years later.

No. Porsches depreciate, even GT3/GT4 cars. Less so than AMGs, but the last year is kind of an aberration.

Speaking of, AMG GTs have fallen to a pretty tempting range. I was looking at them last year and it seemed to be possible to get a 2016 AMG GT-S for 70k-80k or so. I've gotten the chance to ride in one and the sound the engine makes is just hilarious: way better than anything Porsche makes with a flat 6. The penis shaped hood is just a bonus.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Minnesota Mixup posted:

I was talking about the 718 GTS vs the GT4 which I would expect to both hold their value comparably.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I got tired of waiting for a Bronco.

It's a hybrid with the 7.2 kwh generator option which will be really handy if a hurricane knocks out my power.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

Zero One posted:

It's a hybrid with the 7.2 kwh generator option which will be really handy if a hurricane knocks out my power.

That's super nice! I'm getting tired of the wait for my Bronco as well. It's a 2 door so lol I'll never get it. I was looking at the Powerboost but around here it's eye watering expensive for the ones on lots.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

BrownieVK posted:

That's super nice! I'm getting tired of the wait for my Bronco as well. It's a 2 door so lol I'll never get it. I was looking at the Powerboost but around here it's eye watering expensive for the ones on lots.

Yeah I was already looking at 22 for my Bronco reservation even before all the delays so I put in an order for an F-150 instead. Luckily for me my dealer is a no-haggle, always sell less than MSRP place.

The blue is great. It looks even better in person. I used the generator already to run a hair dryer so I could take the dealer sticker off. :D

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

kimcicle posted:

I -hope- the new Integra is an upscale Si coupe. Even better would be an upscale Type R coupe. When I first heard the news I expected the worst and instantly thought of what Mitsu did to the Eclipse but the spy shots being passed around have alleviated those fears.

Franco Caution posted:

Me too. Id also like a more grown up version of the Civic type R.

Yeah, I'm with you guys. I was just trying to be clever late at night. Hopefully it splits the difference and is a 2-door fastback hatch like the old Integra, which if those shots are to be believed, it likely is.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Residency Evil posted:

Yup, un-ironically agree.

No. Porsches depreciate, even GT3/GT4 cars. Less so than AMGs, but the last year is kind of an aberration.

Speaking of, AMG GTs have fallen to a pretty tempting range. I was looking at them last year and it seemed to be possible to get a 2016 AMG GT-S for 70k-80k or so. I've gotten the chance to ride in one and the sound the engine makes is just hilarious: way better than anything Porsche makes with a flat 6. The penis shaped hood is just a bonus.

I was specifically talking about the Cayman GT4s, from the previous generation. Cheapest one listed still on car gurus is a 2016 with 18k miles for 93k. That's barely below it's msrp that it sold for 6 years ago, and they've been like that the entire time, not just now. It's pretty nuts.

And yeah the AMG GTs lost their value pretty swiftly, which was a bit surprising.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I was talking about the 718 GTS vs the GT4 which I would expect to both hold their value comparably.

Ah yeah ok, probably.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

PeterWeller posted:

Yeah, I'm with you guys. I was just trying to be clever late at night. Hopefully it splits the difference and is a 2-door fastback hatch like the old Integra, which if those shots are to be believed, it likely is.

If we are allowed any more requests, maybe they could make a few more so you could test drive them and avoid loving 8k dealer mark ups too?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Zero One posted:

Nice truck.....I wonder if the Maverick will have the generator option that would be sweet.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Minnesota Mixup posted:

I was specifically talking about the Cayman GT4s, from the previous generation. Cheapest one listed still on car gurus is a 2016 with 18k miles for 93k. That's barely below it's msrp that it sold for 6 years ago, and they've been like that the entire time, not just now. It's pretty nuts. .

So was I. Prepandemic, gt4s were selling for 80-85kish. I remember seeing one with high miles for 69k. 991.2 gt3s were going for under msrp. The current situation won’t last forever.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Zero One posted:

Good choice. I genuinely miss my '17 -150. But after looking at tremor super duties for a while I don't think I could go back. You give up a lot of capability for that IFS. And the '21 grill is so meh. I could find a nice low mileage '18-20 once prices come back down out of the stratosphere.

The hybrid option is pretty sweet for sure.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Aug 15, 2021

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Franco Caution posted:

If we are allowed any more requests, maybe they could make a few more so you could test drive them and avoid loving 8k dealer mark ups too?

Acura lots will be full of Integras with 1.5Ts and CVTs. :v:

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

If the Integra isn't just the new ILX I'll be pleasantly surprised.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

smooth jazz posted:

If the Integra isn't just the new ILX I'll be pleasantly surprised.

In one sense, that's exactly what it will be. The ILX was basically the new IntegraRSX. But hopefully it will be a better and more exciting car than the ILX was. Giving it a real name instead of another dumb alphanumeric is hopefully a sign of a commitment to that.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

PeterWeller posted:

God this is a depressing thought but there is almost certainly an accountant furiously arguing for this very thing at this very moment.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I'll be shocked if the Integra comes with a stick, irrespective of everything else.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Neo_Crimson posted:

I'll be shocked if the Integra comes with a stick, irrespective of everything else.

If it isn't a dual clutch at least, lmao, lol.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Neo_Crimson posted:

I suspect you'll be able to get it with the Civic sport and Si powertrains at the least.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Residency Evil posted:

So was I. Prepandemic, gt4s were selling for 80-85kish. I remember seeing one with high miles for 69k. 991.2 gt3s were going for under msrp. The current situation won’t last forever.

Yeah, but the msrp on a 2016 GT4 was 85k. The point I was trying to make is that cars like the GT4 depreciate way less than a lot of other cars, especially in that price range. I am specifically talking about the GT4. I would consider selling it 3-4 years later for maybe 5k less to be 'basically worth what it sold for new.'

I'm done buying german sports cars/luxury cars that will be worth half what they were new in 3 years.

PeterWeller posted:

Whoa let's not be too hasty here, I doubt they'll have too many of the type Rs laying around!

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
My guess is the base powertrain will be the 1.5 and the type R will get the 2.0.

Have they fixed the oil dilution issue on the 1.5 yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MrLogan posted:

My guess is the base powertrain will be the 1.5 and the type R will get the 2.0.

Have they fixed the oil dilution issue on the 1.5 yet?

I think you're right, but Acura was hooting about bring back the Type-S line a few months ago so I suspect an Integra Type-S will happen instead. The old RSX Type-S was almost the Integra Type R; lacking the LSD and body kit. I don't know if they'd risk fragmenting the market among three trims or just do two - though we have the Civic Si and Type R, so who knows? An ITR reborn would be interesting.