Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I remember people being excited about the Forbidden Door in terms of seeing NJPW crossover. Impact is like the “yeah I guess them too” part of the equation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Drakkel posted:

No but go off I guess, didn't know it was illegal to acknowledge that not everything they do is unquestionably perfect in every way.

You know you've got a watertight argument when your goto reply is to whine about how your brave dissenting opinions are being silenced by the man.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I think the only people that thought there would actually be some Forbidden Door action between the women's champions of AEW and Impact were the actual women's champions themselves. Britt supposedly asked Big Biceps Tony "so when do I get Deonna" after winning the AEW women's title, and I believe Deonna cut a promo in Impact TV recently being dismissively sarcastic about the Forbidden Door and BBT.

Also WWE sucks so bad that we're discussing literally any other promotion in the WWE thread

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If impact didn’t lock in months of tv at a time with the way they tape there’d probably be more opportunities for crossing over, imo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Britt vs Deonna is a huge money match.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Drakkel posted:

No but go off I guess, didn't know it was illegal to acknowledge that not everything they do is unquestionably perfect in every way.

lol. every time. i ThOuGhT tHiS wAs A dIsCuSsIoN tHrEaD

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

go off King

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

StarkRavingMad posted:

I remember people being excited about the Forbidden Door in terms of seeing NJPW crossover. Impact is like the “yeah I guess them too” part of the equation

This is incorrect because at the time Impact had a much superior womens division with talent that AEW could and would want:

Deonna Purrazzo
Jordynne Grace
Jessika Havok
Kimber Lee
Su Yung

And then they just... didn't.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Remember how WWE went from having one of the best collective women's rosters in the world outside of Japan to dropping to one of the worst in about the length of AEW's lifespan? That was funny. Then they decided to stop pushing anyone that people wanted to see and now they're going back to the Divas era to spite HHH and so Vince and his goons can bust a nut again

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

When the angle started I did think we'd see some cross-promotional women's division stuff but they've ultimately been slowly fixing my issues with the division and in retrospect I'm glad they didn't take that shortcut. Especially because it's very obvious now that this isn't an "invasion" angle but a long-term partnership.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WWE has one of the deepest rosters on the planet and they refuse to showcase more than a fraction of it. Even with their bullshit Hulu shows.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Drakkel posted:

Remember when the forbidden door was opened and everyone was so stoked that it would help the women's division by letting Impacts more established stars come over and have big matches and so and so? And then that just never happened cause it turns out the whole deal only exists to put the belt on Kenny and have a runaround to get the Good Brothers in AEW?
no i remember everyone being fuckin stoked when kenta showed up on AEW though cuz "the forbidden door" literally is a reference to NJPW and not impact

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

Remember how WWE went from having one of the best collective women's rosters in the world outside of Japan to dropping to one of the worst in about the length of AEW's lifespan? That was funny. Then they decided to stop pushing anyone that people wanted to see and now they're going back to the Divas era to spite HHH and so Vince and his goons can bust a nut again
the roster is still fantastic but the divisions are godawful because wwe

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

jesus WEP posted:

the roster is still fantastic but the divisions are godawful because wwe
Two women's tag-team championships with like three total tag-teams across the main roster and NXT :lol:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sugar Blaster posted:

no i remember everyone being fuckin stoked when kenta showed up on AEW though cuz "the forbidden door" literally is a reference to NJPW and not impact

we found the one person who actually bought in to impact co-opting the forbidden door phrase

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

RealFoxy posted:

The incredible thing is they still have an overwhelming amount of names, they've just lost the plot on how to book them across 4 different shows. Even NXT has no clue what it's doing in its women's division. Shirai is doing "Wow Japan is wacky" bits with Some Lady as they build to a tag title defense against nobody and Kai/Gonzalez is only barely not a heel/heel match. Raw has Alexa Bliss and thus stands no chance to not be awful. Smackdown is probably going to try since Tegan, Shotzi, and Toni are all good but we don't exactly have time to build any of them before Bianca will need a new program. We're already back at Sasha. Maybe I guess with Unforeseen Circumstances doing a run-in.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

You know you've got a watertight argument when your goto reply is to whine about how your brave dissenting opinions are being silenced by the man.

What was he supposed to be arguing with there other than someone being mad they had to see an AEW-critical post

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Nailed it

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Oh Snapple! posted:

What was he supposed to be arguing with there other than someone being mad they had to see an AEW-critical post

Yeah that’s exactly what happened

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Yeah that’s exactly what happened

Um, this u?

Conrad_Birdie posted:

All you do is complain about AEW booking

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The WWE women's roster is still probably the best, but they handicap themselves in having them all split up. The brand split just needs to end really, but especially for the women. Toni, Shotzi, and Tegan haven't even been used the past few weeks.

I figure two of those three will help Bianca against Sasha and her jobber friends. But when Becky and Bayley come back, and if it's to Smackdown, that's a ton of talent and not enough time and space to utilize them all. So it would be way better to just have them all go between shows as needed.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the things that need to be said are finally being said!!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Remember when they had newcomers beat the tag teams twice, then the champs got injured, then the storyline got dropped? Good times

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lmao

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
My next post actually explains that I’m fine with people being critical about AEW, I’m just bored of Drakkel constantly complaining about AEW booking in every thread they post in, especially in the last week. It’s nonstop. Thanks for making me clarify something I posted on this page

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The incredible and great and awesome Impact Knockout's Division is more something I've just kinda seen people say forever, rather than something I've actually been able to figure like, exists?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

MJeff posted:

The incredible and great and awesome Impact Knockout's Division is more something I've just kinda seen people say forever, rather than something I've actually been able to figure like, exists?

its like bright spots once in a while when the booking is good. their talent is good. its similar to WWE I guess?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

They have several very good wrestlers signed but just don't actually do anything exciting with them and it doesn't really lead to matches with any hype behind them.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
THATB

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Codependent Poster posted:

The WWE women's roster is still probably the best, but they handicap themselves in having them all split up. The brand split just needs to end really, but especially for the women. Toni, Shotzi, and Tegan haven't even been used the past few weeks.

Ending the brand split won't do anything; it'll just mean Charlotte and Rhea will be on both shows.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
the only way to save the womens division is to end the brand.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Where's the promo code to get rid of this poo poo?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:gas:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Davros1 posted:

Ending the brand split won't do anything; it'll just mean Charlotte and Rhea will be on both shows.

Yeah I guess the first step would be competent booking.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Tony Khan has basically no drip whatsoever he is a weird looking nerd who can barely talk. It’s unsurprising talking to women would terrify him especially when they’re referred to as “knockouts” he probably was just too shy to bring anyone in until now. Ruby Soho probably scares him most of all and he may not have the courage to sign her.

When Charlotte leaves WWE she’s going to come in to AEW with girl boss energy and Tony will resign, wrestling will enter it’s final and greatest era, men will become Divas and only fight for the IWGP World Title in Boxers and Briefs matches but most men will be Valets, Tony Khan will be Charlotte’s and Vince McMahon will put his brain in HHH’s body like Get Out.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Even Charlotte didn't want to go to a WWE show

https://twitter.com/sescoops/status/1426953816864346116?s=20

Follow up: Konnan tagged the wrong Charlotte and the wrong Ric

https://twitter.com/Konnan5150/status/1426940928489660424?s=20

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 15, 2021

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Conrad_Birdie posted:

My next post actually explains that I’m fine with people being critical about AEW, I’m just bored of Drakkel constantly complaining about AEW booking in every thread they post in, especially in the last week. It’s nonstop. Thanks for making me clarify something I posted on this page

I literally don't but at this point I guess i've pissed off enough people it's not worth it anymore. Sincerely sorry that I've ruined peoples fun and will just refrain from posting any more.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

MJeff posted:

Once something is said enough, it gets easy for people to repeat offhand without any further examination. That's just the way discourse goes. It's like people talking about how great The Tribal Chief is even though the entire thing ran out of gas a few months ago.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Come one Wednesday we need you! We're starting to circle again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

Tony Khan has basically no drip whatsoever he is a weird looking nerd who can barely talk.

wow you should sue him for copyright infringement