Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Jaeger only accepts locally-sourced, artisanal energy drink slop for his thermal bags.

I also needed car batteries while gathering the stuff, so I could also buzz by the shelves in Goshan that regularly spawn those before roaming elsewhere in the mall looking for Hot Rods. When its not full of sweatlords all rushing Kiba IC is such a good map to find stuff on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Are you sub-level-20? You could just buy the Hot Rods from flea.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Bussamove posted:

Jaeger only accepts locally-sourced, artisanal energy drink slop for his thermal bags.

I also needed car batteries while gathering the stuff, so I could also buzz by the shelves in Goshan that regularly spawn those before roaming elsewhere in the mall looking for Hot Rods. When its not full of sweatlords all rushing Kiba IC is such a good map to find stuff on.

Where are these shelves with car batteries? I've cruised through the back of goshan so many times and never seen a single thing on the shelves. I think they are a myth.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Bucnasti posted:

Where are these shelves with car batteries? I've cruised through the back of goshan so many times and never seen a single thing on the shelves. I think they are a myth.

All over the shelves around the fire in goshan. Tons of spawns.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Can we crowd-fund moving these Russians to Brighton Beach so they can remake the Division 1 dark zone and I never have to buy another game again?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Do a lot of people play this game with postFX colour jacked up? Interchange has never looked this bright for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQJQM4CHPX4

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

Do a lot of people play this game with postFX colour jacked up? Interchange has never looked this bright for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQJQM4CHPX4

I know a lot of people turn the shadows down as far as they go, it dramatically increases visibility in the dark parking garage.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Ya'll weren't wrong about Goshan, I'm swimming in tarcolas, ice tea and herrings now. I've almost got enough stuff to trade for a second food case, but I'm not sure if I even really want one if it's this easy to stock up.

Still haven't found my last car battery though.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Bucnasti posted:

Ya'll weren't wrong about Goshan, I'm swimming in tarcolas, ice tea and herrings now. I've almost got enough stuff to trade for a second food case, but I'm not sure if I even really want one if it's this easy to stock up.

Still haven't found my last car battery though.

Sugars, vodka, moonshine, whiskey, and chocolate can go in a dink. Great if you are holding onto those items for trades or scav case.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Good point, even after getting the first case, I've got two full rigs of sugars, vodkas and chocolate bars. that could all go in a second case. Guess i better start looking for more hot-rods.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Bucnasti posted:

Good point, even after getting the first case, I've got two full rigs of sugars, vodkas and chocolate bars. that could all go in a second case. Guess i better start looking for more hot-rods.

I find a poo poo ton of Hot Rods lying all around the warehouses in customs, especially Reshala's house there in the middle

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
why are you haording food

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Cage Kicker posted:

I find a poo poo ton of Hot Rods lying all around the warehouses in customs, especially Reshala's house there in the middle

Yeah, I found a lot of them in the food boxes on Reserve too. And in the ground caches on Interchange.

Stux posted:

Because binge eating makes me feel better after getting sniped on Woods.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Stux posted:

why aren't you?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Stux posted:

if you're really hit and you have to run a 5.45 gun you can trade the hot rods for BS ammo

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Stux posted:

A man’s gotta eat.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
WTF is with Killa's aggro on player scavs? My friend and I found the PMC carrion of a lifetime only for Killa to 2-shot me in the head the second we got down the atrium stairs. Buddy managed to kill him by mag-dumping a P90 into his brain but even with an SR-25 to show for it after an in-raid swap I was still cheated out of a Tri-Zip and two chest rigs.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Aug 20, 2021

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Is your scav karma bad?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Shumagorath posted:

WTF is with Killa's aggro on player scavs? My friend and I found the PMC carrion of a lifetime only for Killa to 2-shot me in the head the second we got down the atrium stairs. Buddy managed to kill him by mag-dumping a P90 into his brain but even with an SR-25 to show for it after an in-raid swap I was still cheated out of a Tri-Zip and two chest rigs.

Sometimes he's super aggro when he's been triggered to attack, he might have been just finishing up on someone else

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

His name is Killa, not Hugs & Kissa.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Bosses will attack Scavs under 6 Fence karma, won't they?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Kikas posted:

Generally yes, but sometimes they are chill with you as long as you don't get too close or they've been activated by PMCs. Not sure if it's intended mechanics (lol Nikita) but a lot of people report Killa will murderfuck any player that enters his vicinity once he's been activated by a PMC attempting to kill him.

I remember reading somewhere earlier this wipe someone was scavving in Goshan and Killa sprinted all the way from Brutal to kill him.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Kikas posted:

I'm under 6 karma and Gluhar has been reliably friendly with me, I get right up in his face even. It's fun to hide around him and wait for others to try and fail to kill him, so I can pick their bodies clean.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

I have also been noticing some strange behaviour where scavs seem to aggro to really far off players (supposedly). I was near new gas as a scav and heard shooting. I went to check and one scav was constantly shooting at a wall. I checked the other side of it and all around the station and there was no one there, but he just kept shooting.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Scavs have new ai from last wipe where they will randomly shoot into the air or the wall. I think it’s to throw people off because you might think they’re fighting players.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

That sounds like peak Tarkov goddamnit

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
What's a good return on armor farming aside from hoping to spawn late after an Interchange atrium bloodbath? I have guns, rigs and bags for days but struggle to source class 4.

Orv
May 4, 2011
That mined hill camp on Woods has two or three possible spawns for Trooper armor.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Shumagorath posted:

What's a good return on armor farming aside from hoping to spawn late after an Interchange atrium bloodbath? I have guns, rigs and bags for days but struggle to source class 4.

ragman ii has the lv4 armoured rig. its really good.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

He also sells a limited amount of 6B13 every reset. The digital flora pattern stuff with the high collar.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

yep

you lose a bit of space, but overall there’s very little reason not to roll with the 6B3TM-01M for a good chunk of the time you spend leveling

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
I was scavving in on Interchange the other day, wandering through Brutal lloking for thermite, and turned round straight into Killa, who was just chilling there, so calmly walked away over to Kiba as it was open, anothe rplayer scav passed me in the hall, did his wiggle, noted Killa was there also, walked up to him, , then did the 'hello' emote, and was instantly murdered.

I was loving howling for the next 8 minutes

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Scavs have new ai from last wipe where they will randomly shoot into the air or the wall. I think it’s to throw people off because you might think they’re fighting players.

Scavs do a lot of interesting stuff now, encountered one that almost reacted like a player, stopped when it heard us inside a building, took cover and switched firing mode, tried to flank us, once wounded it just hid in a corner.

But then they also run back and forth and stand still a lot.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Speaking of interchange - was it documented anywhere why all gym bags spawn as opened there? All the gym bags and only on interchange have to be closed and then reopened. If you don't know this, it just seems like some lucky scav was faster than you in getting them.
But after I've found a cyclone and a labs keycard looking for "leftovers" the pattern clicked in my head.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Could be either a bug or a dry run for a feature where loot containers could either be open or closed irregardless of whether there is loot inside. Hard to say, especially when they have already gotten a few patches in and that issue has not been solved.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Kikas posted:

Speaking of interchange - was it documented anywhere why all gym bags spawn as opened there? All the gym bags and only on interchange have to be closed and then reopened. If you don't know this, it just seems like some lucky scav was faster than you in getting them.
But after I've found a cyclone and a labs keycard looking for "leftovers" the pattern clicked in my head.

It's definitely a bug and people run past all of them now so it's a good place to check for loot as a scav later in the raid.

Also I never knew about the bug in general sam's latest video where you can approach those guard rails outside the mall and look up and wiggle your mouse left and right while running to just clip through them without having to jump and waste stamina. Works on small obstacles like the tires on either side of the go-kart track too.

Shumagorath posted:

I've had insanely good luck this wipe getting good lvl4-5 armor and helmets from ground caches and stashes. May be worth while to learn a few lower risk stash runs like interchange and see if you get lucky.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
That "look up and wiggle" thing works only while sprinting btw.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
it sunclear if thats a bug or not because its existed, gone away, and come back more than once i think

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

"Bug or feature?" "Cheater or Tarkov" These are the age-old questions we ask every night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The answer is always "Yes."