Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Like 90% of the movie is set in hallways which makes me wonder if they even had permission to film in the building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I dunno, I thought Baby Ghost was way less painful than Roller Gator.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I've willingly sat through Rollergator more than once, so maybe I'm made of stronger stuff. I find awful, boring, shot-on-video movies oddly soothing. Rollergator and Julie and Jack are two of my favorite riffs.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Baby Ghost has a bit where the psychic says "For entertainment purposes only!" as she hangs up which gave me an unironic chuckle. That's pretty good for a movie that looks like it was shot on an iPad.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I've never made it past 15 minutes into Rollergator. I'm not holding out hope.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Golden Bee posted:

The teen canteen series on Tubi is great. It’s clear someone put some effort into making these mix up plots. Sometimes the jokes are adequate but they’re seldom terrible.

I saw one of them on the Twitch channel and I went to the RiffTrax site and bought all the ones they riffed. They're really fascinating and I'm not exactly sure why. I'm hoping they find decent copies of the ones they have yet to riff because I wouldn't mind seeing all of the series.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

overseer07 posted:

I've never made it past 15 minutes into Rollergator. I'm not holding out hope.

Aw! Then you've never met Slingshot!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Well I'll be buggered by a skeleton in a tin coffin, ROTOR is coming to YouTube!

The script writer has stated that he wrote the movie as a spoof only for the director to attempt to make something serious with predictably terrible results.

Pros: some martial arts, ridiculous plot and characters.
Cons: Will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law terminated

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Future Force was lazy but great riffs.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dwy-H30TA0

They should really remove the opening theme song (or at least cut it to the 5 second version) and the bit at the end telling pirates to go to rifftrax.com. I really like seeing these on Youtube though.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

By popular demand posted:

The script writer has stated that he wrote the movie as a spoof only for the director to attempt to make something serious with predictably terrible results.

The scenes at their headquarters are so goofy with the robot and Shoeboogie that they feel like they were made by a completely different group of people from the other stuff.

I pointed this out another time but pay attention during the conference room scene because it's inexplicably filled with Beach Boys references:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx0-9hX9xEw&t=386s

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I love ROTOR. Its like a movie thats half awake trying to scramble to get ready

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Golden Bee posted:

Future Force was lazy but great riffs.

I thought Future Force was bad until I saw the sequel Future Zone. Future Force is downright charming in comparison.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Action Jacktion posted:

The scenes at their headquarters are so goofy with the robot and Shoeboogie that they feel like they were made by a completely different group of people from the other stuff.

What's interesting to me is that the riff left out a few parts featuring Shoeboogie and the robot. Although I can't ultimately fault them for keeping the focus on Coldyron.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Read the IMDB trivia page for some added value:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098156/trivia/?ref_=tt_ql_trv

I do hope someone finds out who the actor playing Shoe Boogie was.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Honestly there's hardly any of that just in comparison to the long meandering scenes that go nowhere.

That is the laziest script I can recall, if you abducted some people and forced them to improvise a movie on the spot you'd get something more interesting.

That's exactly what Scott Shaw does, though; he pretentiously calls it "zen filmmaking" and is under the impression that it makes for High Art. If you check out trailers for some of his other films like The Roller-Blade Seven/Return of the Roller-Blade Seven you'll see dialogue he seems so inordinately proud of, like (paraphrasing from memory):

"My sister... who became... your sister?"
"Yes, our sister's sister." (or maybe "sister-sister" who knows, it was all filmed with ambient sound of course)

There's like, maybe one line that could get a chuckle in an entire movie (someone mentioned "For entertainment purposes only!", and Rollergator had "hosing down the clowns"). But most of the time it's just bad amateur improv.

Since so many of them involve Donald Jackson they also get a lot of mileage recycling the costumes/prosthetics from Hell Comes to Frogtown.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

That's exactly what Scott Shaw does, though; he pretentiously calls it "zen filmmaking" and is under the impression that it makes for High Art. If you check out trailers for some of his other films like The Roller-Blade Seven/Return of the Roller-Blade Seven you'll see dialogue he seems so inordinately proud of, like (paraphrasing from memory):

"My sister... who became... your sister?"
"Yes, our sister's sister." (or maybe "sister-sister" who knows, it was all filmed with ambient sound of course)

There's like, maybe one line that could get a chuckle in an entire movie (someone mentioned "For entertainment purposes only!", and Rollergator had "hosing down the clowns"). But most of the time it's just bad amateur improv.

Since so many of them involve Donald Jackson they also get a lot of mileage recycling the costumes/prosthetics from Hell Comes to Frogtown.

Oh man, digging further into this Shaw/Jackson connection, it is very clear that he has written all of his own Wikpedia entries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Shaw

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Edit: Incorrect information

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 11, 2021

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lumbermouth posted:

Oh man, digging further into this Shaw/Jackson connection, it is very clear that he has written all of his own Wikpedia entries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Shaw

'Advanced martial artist.'

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
I'd be very interested to know how RiffTrax got the rights to Rollergator and Baby Ghost, since Shaw is notoriously very defensive of his Art, sensitive to mockery, and extremely aggressive with the DMCAs.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

I'd be very interested to know how RiffTrax got the rights to Rollergator and Baby Ghost, since Shaw is notoriously very defensive of his Art, sensitive to mockery, and extremely aggressive with the DMCAs.

$20 is $20.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think it is kind of weird that they were able to get VOD versions of Super Mario Bros Movie and The Wizard.

Anyway, crosspost from the MST3K thread but the Mads are going to start rebroadcasting their past livestreams on the third Saturday of every month. They say that the rebroadcasts will have slightly cleaned up audio and video and if you had originally purchased a ticket for a stream you get to watch the rebroadcast and get the new download for free.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The insane egg stop motion short is arriving soon to YouTube and much like other educational films it's a special kind of madness.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Drugs are like that

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The insane egg stop motion short is arriving soon to YouTube and much like other educational films it's a special kind of madness.

Every single time the godawful "Egg-Firmary" pun destroys me.

Also its telling how much modern values have changed because everyone is furious anyone helps Benedict. That eggy egg egg son of an egg learned nothing

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I just noticed Mike went on Lowtax's gaming stream 6 months ago. lol.

so that'd be roughly 8 months after he got in trouble for doing a podcast with Doug TenNapel, which I think was around the same time the Troll 2 riff was pulled from the website

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Breadallelogram posted:

I just noticed Mike went on Lowtax's gaming stream 6 months ago. lol.

so that'd be roughly 8 months after he got in trouble for doing a podcast with Doug TenNapel, which I think was around the same time the Troll 2 riff was pulled from the website

That sucks, but on the other hand, lol @ those view numbers in that time period.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

IUG posted:

That sucks, but on the other hand, lol @ those view numbers in that time period.

some months back youtube suggested one of tax's livestreams and I clicked on it out of morbid curiosity because I'm incapable of keeping my hands out the trash; there were sub-20 people watching him being drunk and yelling, he looked like absolute poo poo

keep living that dream :allears:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Hobgoblins is the rare creature feature where the creatures and a dead person are AT LEAST 20 minutes apart in appearance.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Our theater hosed up hard and we didn't get the pre-show slideshow then the screen just cut to black for half an hour at 8.

They didn't seem to give a poo poo; someone had already talked to a manager at 7:45 noting the lack of slideshow which was not normal, maybe they should go check on it? Then I'm pretty sure everyone in the theater got up to pester them at some point. There was no urgency in trying to fix it.

Thankfully they did eventually fix it and....shockingly it was able to start from the beginning of the stream, we didn't miss out on 1/3 of the show :dance:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird to hear them make a joke about only fans.

Also the new muscle car introduction joke was good.

It's very funny that they still went hard on Rick Sloane even though he was there in the audience.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Kind of weird to hear them make a joke about only fans.

Also the new muscle car introduction joke was good.

It's very funny that they still went hard on Rick Sloane even though he was there in the audience.

Rick is a great sport.

Also, I THINK this is all the slides.
https://imgur.com/a/4JgYuYv

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wasn't able to make thw show, I'm recovering from outpatient surgery. How was it? Do they still do the offer code to get the badge? I need to collect them all!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.rifftrax.com/clubscum

coupon codes are FAKERAMBO and SECURITY

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

It's quite possible Rick requested it. Certainly he's down for it. He's like the opposite of the Squirm guy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

RiffTrax is running a back to school special with 15% off everything.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Any fav riffs from the past four years or so? The only one I've bought since then is Bounty Tracker for some reason (was pretty funny). Also I've already seen Double Dragon enough times, including at a local Trash Night in recent years, fine film!

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Aug 21, 2021

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Heavy Metal posted:

Any fav riffs from the past four years or so? The only one I've bought since then is Bounty Tracker for some reason (was pretty funny). Also I've already seen Double Dragon enough times, including at a local Trash Night in recent years, fine film!

The two Shorts with Connor and Sean, Kids Guide to the Internet and Bicycle Safety Camp, are real good and I wish they'd do more
Attack of the Super Monsters
A Talking Cat?!?
Yor the Hunter From the Future (this may be because I'm a huge sucker for this dumb movie as is)
If you like Bridget and Mary Jo basically anything they've done
I stan hard for Matthew and Ian so all their stuff
All the election shorts they released last year

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Right on, thanks! I saw Yor on the big screen (at the aforementioned Trash Night thing), definitely rules. What a catchy theme song too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Heavy Metal posted:

Right on, thanks! I saw Yor on the big screen (at the aforementioned Trash Night thing), definitely rules. What a catchy theme song too.

To pick a specific Bridget and Mary Jo riff I'd go with their version of Angels' Revenge, The Maturing Woman or Rescue Me.