Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Entropic posted:

I listened to way fewer podcasts during lockdown because I wasn’t commuting.

I dumped my last ex five months to the day before going into lockdown

which is to say I listened to quite a lot of podcasts during lockdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Regarding the new TAZ: I’m quite enjoying it so far. Guthrie’s betrayal was well telegraphed and nicely executed, I hope we get a fun recurring villain out of that.

Regarding the music video: Travis has undergone an indescribable transformation.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
And you may say to yourself
"My God, what have I done?"

I have a lot of media I want to get through and a limited amount of time on this planet. I haven't lost any enjoyment of the show and it really helps with the "uhhhhhh...." dice-rolls and entire Taco Bell ads.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
I'm very angry about how strangers that I will never meet interact wide media in ways that will never effect me.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Me too

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Agreed, what are we talking about?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Acute Grill posted:

I'm very angry about how strangers that I will never meet interact wide media in ways that will never effect me.

I think they're hosed up freaks, but in a calm collected way

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

goblin week posted:

I think they're hosed up freaks, but in a calm collected way

I am zen in my disgust

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

i'm not mad im actually laughing (at these freaks)

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Fart feet propulsion, very advanced.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Cute video

Really showed them all off in their best light

Travis needs to do... something

Griffin basically always doin a bit is great

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Man, I have listened to this Adventure Zone prologue warpup twice (and all the prologue episodes) and I'm still like "what the hell is going on here?"

Did somebody write this poo poo down somewhere? Maybe I can digest it easier in bulletpoint form.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

PostNouveau posted:

Man, I have listened to this Adventure Zone prologue warpup twice (and all the prologue episodes) and I'm still like "what the hell is going on here?"

Did somebody write this poo poo down somewhere? Maybe I can digest it easier in bulletpoint form.

- Magic was a gift from the gods. This was a contentious mistake which started an apocalypse.
- People from all nations of the world felt a mental call to settle a new society beneath the waves.
- They spent a year preparing. Much of their raw materials came from ore mined from the body of a dead god.
- Along the way, they figured out how to incorporate lost souls into coral golems. Most of these were from a nation that had been wiped out (magically shifted to another dimension?) in the earlier apocalypse, but at least one was just a regular dead person.
-At the end of a year, the militaristic religious nation that had spent its time building a flying city fortress came and attacked the coastline settlement, forcing everyone underwater for good.
- Also there was a guy convinced he could psychically fight sharks.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

wizzardstaff posted:

- Magic was a gift from the gods. This was a contentious mistake which started an apocalypse.
- People from all nations of the world felt a mental call to settle a new society beneath the waves.
- They spent a year preparing. Much of their raw materials came from ore mined from the body of a dead god.
- Along the way, they figured out how to incorporate lost souls into coral golems. Most of these were from a nation that had been wiped out (magically shifted to another dimension?) in the earlier apocalypse, but at least one was just a regular dead person.
-At the end of a year, the militaristic religious nation that had spent its time building a flying city fortress came and attacked the coastline settlement, forcing everyone underwater for good.

OK that seems much better I think the lack of names helps thanks

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

wizzardstaff posted:

They built the Flying Fortress and attacked the storm not the settlement. Everyone ducked underground as the storm was approaching and the city disappeared beyond it.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
this giant turtle

is not a friend to children

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Ol Uncle Joshey defeated those sharks with his psychic powers. Griffin is just holding that twist back.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm glad they had to remind everyone that the yum nut spawn from an extremely bad dice roll and it's logical that real bad things should come with it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm glad they had to remind everyone that the yum nut spawn from an extremely bad dice roll and it's logical that real bad things should come with it.

gently caress that i want every roll to involve yum nuts now

good, bad, yum nuts forever

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

gently caress that i want every roll to involve yum nuts now

good, bad, yum nuts forever

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bros better, bros best this week. Them boys are up to shenanigans and/or real life consequences, I'd wager

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Bros better, bros best this week. Them boys are up to shenanigans and/or real life consequences, I'd wager

They gotta make time for the extra Adventure Zone episodes.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
I'm several episodes behind on TAZ, but the scene with Griffin leaning away from his mic to negotiate "double dibs" made me really happy. Felt like old Balance stuff. Hopeful for the future.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

wizzardstaff posted:

I'm several episodes behind on TAZ, but the scene with Griffin leaning away from his mic to negotiate "double dibs" made me really happy. Felt like old Balance stuff. Hopeful for the future.

It actually reminded me of this bit from Amnesty.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

wizzardstaff posted:

I'm several episodes behind on TAZ, but the scene with Griffin leaning away from his mic to negotiate "double dibs" made me really happy.

it was profoundly stupid and I'm glad of it

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

wizzardstaff posted:

Griff shouting off-mic is honestly always a loving riot.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgfl_SbKYzk

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I got really excited when Clint got that crit fail on a death save. I was kinda hoping to see how the boys would react to one of their player characters legit dying.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Sure can pull off an asymmetric jumpsuit.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Hot take: BDG's silly one-offs cheapen his really good work. Mostly due to being too long.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Hot take: BDG's silly one-offs cheapen his really good work. Mostly due to being too long.
*looks away from two hour Sarah Z video essay about antis* too long you say....

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So if Wonderful is any indication, the week off for MBMBaM stemmed from scrambled plans for young Gus to meet the rest of the family. I'm not envious of the trials and tribulations Griffin and Rachel have had to push through this year. The 2nd baby brings with it chaos, it seems.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I will never understand that kind of thing. As a brother and parent myself. I don't dislike my family, they're fine, we aren't particularly close or distant. I like my kid to get to hang out with their kids when there's an opportunity, but nothing I would uproot my family and scramble to make happen, especially in a pandemic. Maybe I'm too distant from my family.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Well it’s the first time meeting and they’re a pretty close family so it’s understandable. Before Delta really got into full swing it seemed reasonable to have some limited contact and that’s probably when they made those plans. We agonized over how to do family introductions when we had our kid a couple months ago, so I definitely understand the urge to have contact with family. As introverted and self-sufficient as we are, having a baby during the pandemic is pretty agonizing when you can’t share them with other people in your life or get any kind of in person support.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Definitely enjoying Ethersea, lol the reveal at the end of the episode

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmfao how long has griffin been sitting on the Phantom Seacoast Co.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jack Noir, private detective

Edit: good rolls in this episode

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 19, 2021

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

The Emo Philips impression is really something

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

eke out posted:

lmfao how long has griffin been sitting on the Phantom Seacoast Co.

I loving knew he’d be a catfish, and I was just waiting for the name at that point. The recycled Fantasy Costco moniker fully took me by surprise though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

also this episode was great, everyone did their thing very well

season really does have season 1 vibes, it's much more fun and relaxed than things have been in a long time, even though everyone's way more in character than they were back in those early days