Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I've done a ton of mocks and more often than not Kamara hasn't been taken at 3. It's honestly seemed like a toss up after CMC and Cook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
I don't think you can go wrong between Kamara, Henry, Zeke, Kelce, Adams, or Jones if those are the options.

Pick works out that if you like Waller and Kittle there's a good chance you can grab one of them in the 3rd round if leave Kelce but want an elite TE.

freeman fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Aug 14, 2021

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

freeman posted:

Never done a guillotine league and I'm up now and basically have until tomorrow to decide (slow draft). Pick 14/18, ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2WRT.

Barkley and Harris still there but wouldn't feel confident with either in week 1.

Other top guys available:
player - bye
Ridley 6
Hopkins 12
Mixon 10
Gibson 9
CEH 12
Jefferson 7

Learning towards Ridley but I hear you're supposed to want guys with late byes. Anyone else jump out? Or should I just go Barkley and hope I get past the first couple weeks lol.

I would do the Barkley plan over any of that other garbage. Barkley at 14th is insane, and even if he doesn't play week 1 you just have to not finish 18th.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Aug 14, 2021

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Drunk Nerds posted:

I would do the Barkley plan over any of that other garbage. Barkley at 14th is insane, and even if he doesn't play week 1 you just have to not finish 18th.

Ended up going Ridley right before I went to sleep then Barkley went right after. Felt guilty holding it up on the weekend.

Back up to me in a few and probably taking Waller if he's still there. Seems to be the hardest position to upgrade during the season.

freeman fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 14, 2021

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

In fact, that one draft worked so well in seeing economic theory actually play out into something I can form a strategy around.

I want to try to fill out a 12-team superflex for this Sunday's stream.

Please join if you can, this data will help goons destroy their auction SF leagues, as it's data that's not really gettable anywhere else:

https://sleeper.app/draft/nfl/731598465959833600?ftue=commish

Starts at 1 PM PST on Saturday 8/14.

DATA!

Halfway full. We usually get 3-4 last-minute signups from the Discord, so just a few more early signups would be a great sign.
Please join, even if you have to bail after an hour and let the bots take over. That hour will give us all extremely valuable information that is very hard to get .

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Keeping A.J. Dillon in the 15th round has me ghoulishly invested in Aaron Jones' hamstring.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

And also dont get caught without a decent 3rd QB.
I typically take two within the first 3 rounds, another by round 6 or so, and then a low-tier extra in the late rounds. It's a bit overkill, but I've had too many years where one or two starter QB's get injured/benched by the time bye weeks hit to stick with only 3, and you'd better believe there's literally no QB on waivers.

Anyway my draft is in an hour, so yolo I guess.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I always found 2 QB leagues to be very unpredictable, even within the same league year to year. Some years all good QBs are gone by the end of the 3rd round, other years decent ones trickle into the 5th/6th round (by decent I mean QB 16 or so). We have a limit of 3 QB per team to prevent hording so maybe that slows down the draft rate some. I tend to get a QB 1st or 2nd round, then 4th, then ~ 10th for a flier for potential keeper value.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 14, 2021

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Need 2 keepers, Aaron Jones in the 2nd, Jacobs in the 3rd, Keenan Allen in the 5th, Waller in the 5th, Sanders in the 6th, Swift in the 8th, Dionte Johnson in the 10th, Gibson in the 14th, Hurts in the 18th.

Swift and Gibson are no brainers right?

0.5 ppr

Keeper penalty is you lose the pick for whatever round they were drafted.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Aug 14, 2021

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RCarr posted:

Need 2 keepers, Aaron Jones in the 2nd, Jacobs in the 3rd, Keenan Allen in the 5th, Waller in the 5th, Sanders in the 6th, Swift in the 8th, Dionte Johnson in the 10th, Gibson in the 14th, Hurts in the 18th.

0.5 ppr

Keeper penalty is you lose the pick for whatever round they were drafted.
Swift and Gibson is what I would do without a second thought.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Swift and Gibson is what I would do without a second thought.

In a deep league I might do Jones in the second if and only if I had a real late second round pick. Gibson then too.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

In a deep league I might do Jones in the second if and only if I had a real late second round pick. Gibson then too.

Nah, 2nd and Swift > Jones and 8th

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

RCarr posted:

Yes

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Drunk Nerds posted:

Halfway full. We usually get 3-4 last-minute signups from the Discord, so just a few more early signups would be a great sign.
Please join, even if you have to bail after an hour and let the bots take over. That hour will give us all extremely valuable information that is very hard to get .
Thanks for putting that together. I drafted as Team 6 and definitely thought that gave us a bunch of actionable data for superflex auctions.

A few thoughts:

1) The significant discount on Saquon this year is making me fall in love with him. I got him at $55 versus $81 CMC, $67 Cook, $63 Kamara, and $62 Elliot. I think he's the only guy who can actually perform within range of CMC's ceiling and being able to save some money on him is going to be huge when targeting sleepers later on.

2) The young RBs are so cheap. $12 Javonte Williams, $8 Travis Etienne, $9 Trey Sermon, $8 Michael Carter. A couple of those guys are going to be huge hits at those prices (maybe not Michael Carter).

3) Similarly, a decent amount of dead zone RBs are also going at depressed values, enough to make them bargains. $13 Myles Gaskin, $12 Chris Carson, $11 David Montgomery, $10 Kareem Hunt, $8 Josh Jacobs, $8 Miles Sanders. Some of these are just funny to me even if I didn't wind up with any of them.

4) Stashing one of the rookie QBs with dual threat ability is an absolute necessity in superflex. $12 Trevor Lawrence, $8 Trey Lance, $7 Justin Fields, $5 Zach Wilson. I would rather have a discount QB2 and one of those guys as QB3 than spend up for a QB2. I only used $38 total on my QBs in this and wound up with Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, and Fields as QB3. I love that.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

The draft today felt weird. I think the low prices on the deadzone RBs came from early overspending on top tier RBs due to some people not realizing it was a superflex draft.

Top tier QBs felt undervalued. Kyler went for $26, I think. Having one team not even participating had an impact as well.

Edit: of the two of these I’ve done I’ve really liked it and think I prefer it to snake drafting.

dkj fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Aug 15, 2021

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

yes. auction >>> snake. one of us, one of us

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

pmchem posted:

:agreed:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm literally proselytizing auction at the fantasy football auction this weekend :getin:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

pmchem posted:

So say we all.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

In 2021 snake draft shaming should be encouraged if not required.

Snake drafters know they’re doing it wrong.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Tiptoes posted:

Thanks for putting that together. I drafted as Team 6 and definitely thought that gave us a bunch of actionable data for superflex auctions.

A few thoughts:

1) The significant discount on Saquon this year is making me fall in love with him. I got him at $55 versus $81 CMC, $67 Cook, $63 Kamara, and $62 Elliot. I think he's the only guy who can actually perform within range of CMC's ceiling and being able to save some money on him is going to be huge when targeting sleepers later on.

2) The young RBs are so cheap. $12 Javonte Williams, $8 Travis Etienne, $9 Trey Sermon, $8 Michael Carter. A couple of those guys are going to be huge hits at those prices (maybe not Michael Carter).

3) Similarly, a decent amount of dead zone RBs are also going at depressed values, enough to make them bargains. $13 Myles Gaskin, $12 Chris Carson, $11 David Montgomery, $10 Kareem Hunt, $8 Josh Jacobs, $8 Miles Sanders. Some of these are just funny to me even if I didn't wind up with any of them.

4) Stashing one of the rookie QBs with dual threat ability is an absolute necessity in superflex. $12 Trevor Lawrence, $8 Trey Lance, $7 Justin Fields, $5 Zach Wilson. I would rather have a discount QB2 and one of those guys as QB3 than spend up for a QB2. I only used $38 total on my QBs in this and wound up with Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, and Fields as QB3. I love that.

dkj posted:

The draft today felt weird. I think the low prices on the deadzone RBs came from early overspending on top tier RBs due to some people not realizing it was a superflex draft.

Top tier QBs felt undervalued. Kyler went for $26, I think. Having one team not even participating had an impact as well.

Edit: of the two of these I’ve done I’ve really liked it and think I prefer it to snake drafting.

It was great having both of you there!
Next time jump into the Twitch chat, that's where everyone is talking

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Fate Accomplice posted:

In 2021 snake draft shaming should be encouraged if not required.

Snake drafters know they’re doing it wrong.

I mean… some of it is also just unfamiliarity with how it works. Casual office leagues, great example. Trying to convince mine that auction is the way to go. Brought up some of the benefits like being able to go after players you want instead of having to just rely on who’s available at their draft spot, how randomized draft spots aren’t really interactive (suggested Kentucky Derby Style as an alternate), and how budgeting for a team is actually a lot of fun. We’ll see how that shakes out.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
A snake draft won't take up half of your evening either.

If you're going in unprepared it's a lot easier to get accurate guidance from snake rankings vs auction. Most of the auction values are laughably inaccurate compared to what actually happens like some even suggesting CMC will go in the low 60s or Cook in the mid 50s. Snake is just easier if you just want to pick some guys and watch points go up.

I like both formats and end up doing about equal leagues in each.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I see work leagues as a perfect example for snake drafts continuing to exist. You tend to have a massive range in fantasy football knowledge from people that have been in 100 leagues to people that cannot name a football team and just want to be a part of the office socialization, also a ton of people that would balk at a 3-4 hour auction draft as well.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My redraft league is over ten years old and everyone is very set in their ways. So snake draft, no waiver claim ordering system etc.

Was a major deal to add keepers and change from standard to .5 PPR a few years ago. Wish we would switch to auction but that’s not going to happen

Edit: and we do the draft in person at our bar so it would probably turn into a shitshow after a couple hours

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

freeman posted:

If you're going in unprepared it's a lot easier to get accurate guidance from snake rankings vs auction. Most of the auction values are laughably inaccurate compared to what actually happens like some even suggesting CMC will go in the low 60s or Cook in the mid 50s. Snake is just easier if you just want to pick some guys and watch points go up.

Fair point. Although it’s not like auction drafts take up days. Two, three hours max.

Snake drafts are a lot easier to prepare for, definitely agree there. The folks over at BeerSheets (lookin at you Drunk Nerds) make auctions pretty easy, though. :3:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

freeman posted:

Yeah most pundits just type their projections into a formula and list those auction values. This omits the two key points to budgeting for an auction:

- top~24 guys will maybe go for proj value 5% of the time and the other 95% of the time they will go for a noticeable chunk more. If you are looking for someone to "fall" like you can in snake, you are going to end up with a team devoid of star players

- the bottom will fall out of the wr market when there a still good guys left to be nominated. This year sooner than ever since the "top tiers" are larger than ever and sucking more money out of the pool than ever

In order to get auction data that is remotely usable for publishing a reliable auction strategy each year, we have to coordinate dozens of all-human mock auctions.

generic one posted:

Fair point. Although it’s not like auction drafts take up days. Two, three hours max.

Snake drafts are a lot easier to prepare for, definitely agree there. The folks over at BeerSheets (lookin at you Drunk Nerds) make auctions pretty easy, though. :3:

Thanks. I have to start collecting data in may to make sure my readers and my goon brethren have the very best, most repeatable strategies.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 16, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm going to miss Antonio Gibson. I used him to trade into a slot that allowed me to take Trevor Lawrence in Superflex to go along with Mahomes so I feel like I made the right decision but he's going to be amazing isn't he

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm at the fantasy football expo and I can confirm there isn't any good auction advice that is widely available because the experts are scared of auctions lol

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Muscle your way up to a podium and call them cowards

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is giving up 1.05 this year and a 2022 second round pick too much for Kyler Murray? (Talking about rookie draft for dynasty)

Dynasty $250 salary cap, ppr. Murray is worth $21 this year. The 1.05 is $15 and the 2022 second round pick will be $7-$11 depending on how early it is.

I was planning on taking Trevor Lawrence with the 1.05, so I figure just trading for Murray is a much safer move.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Aug 16, 2021

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

had my regular old snake draft one ppr ten man team draft today and I probably hosed up. ended up taking kelce with the 7th pick then Diggs was still there at 13 and there wasn't an rb that I liked...ended up taking Jacobs in the 3rd, then melvin Gordon, then Travis etienne. could be a real ugly season

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

had my regular old snake draft one ppr ten man team draft today and I probably hosed up. ended up taking kelce with the 7th pick then Diggs was still there at 13 and there wasn't an rb that I liked...ended up taking Jacobs in the 3rd, then melvin Gordon, then Travis etienne. could be a real ugly season

Wish there was a gif of Kenny Loggins that said deadzone or something

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
When doing keepers and using say a 12th round pick or whatever to keep a waiver wire add, what happens if you want to keep a second waiver wire add? They just go in the 13th?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

KingKapalone posted:

When doing keepers and using say a 12th round pick or whatever to keep a waiver wire add, what happens if you want to keep a second waiver wire add? They just go in the 13th?
The cost goes up, not down, in my two redraft keeper leagues. Therefore if you keep one waiver wire pickup for a 12th, if you wanted to keep a second it would cost your 11th.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Someone mentioned beer sheets a few posts ago. It seems like the site is down?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Floofy posted:

Someone mentioned beer sheets a few posts ago. It seems like the site is down?

There's some hiccups as we transfer hosts to better accommodate the insane beersheets traffic. If you use http instead of https everything works
http://footballabsurdity.com/beersheet-request-form/

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I need more auctions so I started a jersey league. $11 to enter:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3976686

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RCarr posted:

Is giving up 1.05 this year and a 2022 second round pick too much for Kyler Murray? (Talking about rookie draft for dynasty)

Dynasty $250 salary cap, ppr. Murray is worth $21 this year. The 1.05 is $15 and the 2022 second round pick will be $7-$11 depending on how early it is.

I was planning on taking Trevor Lawrence with the 1.05, so I figure just trading for Murray is a much safer move.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Just need a second opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kyler Murray is projecting as the #3 scoring QB in my league and while scoring varies the dude has so many weapons and rushes for so many yards that he is worth way more in fantasy than reality.

There's like no draft pick that is worth the #3 QB in my opinion and second round picks are a crap shoot. I don't know about the contract cost personally but I'd make that trade every day