Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zokari posted:

pretty "funny" that the first thing to pop the biden bubble for libs was a (admittedly hosed up) military withdrawal

Honestly I actually think what happened is probably the best for the Afghan people. Very little violence by the ANSF since they basically laid down their weapons and retreated/disbanded.
It's a dream come true. G-d bless the Afghan people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

I am not a violent individual but that man got the most punchable face i have ever seen. Also the discourse of a really punchable man.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
good to see the HECU from HL are the most accurate depiction of the US military in gaming

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Big oof

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/367887905630191616/876726303473143888/rapid_gains.webm

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

i say swears online posted:

i think the adoption of effective diplomacy for capturing entire cities frankly makes it even more impressive

taliban have been reading their sun tzu

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/stavvybaby/status/1427095058134753280?s=20

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Al-Saqr posted:

Afghanistan doesn’t have oil but they have a gently caress ton of minerals and especially Lithium which the Chinese tech industry will absolutely need in their coming cyber war with America, Also Afghanistan will probably be the next piece in the belt and road chain to the Middle East.

They also got oil contracts from Iraq (not Afghanistan, my bad). China has been suffering from success for the past few years.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0EAwSpTcM4&t=200s

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/CalibreObscura/status/1426595888500199425

There's so many US guns that prices are starting to drop.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Does that model of helicopter really have a 50 year lifespan? Or is it a different helicopter with a re-used ID?

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
holy poo poo lmao

https://twitter.com/SowaibahH/status/1427165408931446787

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Danann posted:

ArE yOu ClAiMiNg We ShOuLd Be In A fOrEvEr WaR?! wHiCh Is It? LeAvE oR sTaY?!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

dead gay comedy forums posted:

the savagery has begun

lol chen is startin some poo poo

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

We should have spent more time training and paying the ANSF, and less time teaching them critical race theory.

Live and learn.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I feel like they coulda planned this better.

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

We should have spent more time training and paying the ANSF, and less time teaching them critical race theory.

Live and learn.

Ugh this really will be the republican presidential platform in 2024. God drat you

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ArE yOu ClAiMiNg We ShOuLd Be In A fOrEvEr WaR?! wHiCh Is It? LeAvE oR sTaY?!

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
hope no taliban get in and decide to rpg that undefended c-130 lmao

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I love everyone saying this won’t matter. This is benghazi x1000 and its getting more attention than the olympics

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Lenin Stimpy posted:

Ugh this really will be the republican presidential platform in 2024. God drat you

And Trump smashes all of them because all of his opponents would be shown to have voted for the Iraq War or something.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i hope they do the official changeover on 9/11 lol

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Danann posted:

Lol cool

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Centrist Committee posted:

I love everyone saying this won’t matter. This is benghazi x1000 and its getting more attention than the olympics

this is the perfect moment to encapsulate the societal shift from 9/11 and the decline of the united states and those side by side Saigon/Kabul images would be on the cover of "New Millennium" history books if there are mass produced textbooks in the future.

people weakly trying to tara reade this because their entire identity revolves around not processing criticism is like the internet equivalent of those soldiers walking around calmly looking for their own arms in war movies.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I just watched that documentary about Woodstock ‘99. And THIS makes Woodstock ‘99 look like Woodstock ‘94.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

it will matter, but just to be clear nobody gives a poo poo about the olympics either

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Did Benghazi matter? Did anyone give a single gently caress about it?

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

How much did Americans give a poo poo about the sham of "Vietnamization" and the collapse of the ARVN and the fall of Saigon?

The ONLY thing that Americans will care about is if a bunch of Americans get held hostage or killed. Dead Afghans are good (or at best neutral) to Americans.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

need to keep them off the planes to make sure the flag has room to breathe

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
the most expensive military in the world didn't even realize how fast kabul would fall, to the point the VP had to go into hiding because she tried to claim credit for the withdrawl after all the intel she had said it'd take at least six months for this to blow up lol

the real disaster for the beltway is all the resume padding that's gone to waste over this mess

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/JennaEllisEsq/status/1427123628315971586

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

lmao gently caress off so goddamn much

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Lenin Stimpy posted:

How much did Americans give a poo poo about the sham of "Vietnamization" and the collapse of the ARVN and the fall of Saigon?

The ONLY thing that Americans will care about is if a bunch of Americans get held hostage or killed. Dead Afghans are good (or at best neutral) to Americans.

Americans went insane after losing vietnam, the troop worship stuff is a direct result of that

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

Rectal Death Adept posted:

this is the perfect moment to encapsulate the societal shift from 9/11 and the decline of the united states and those side by side Saigon/Kabul images would be on the cover of "New Millennium" history books if there are mass produced textbooks in the future.

people weakly trying to tara reade this because their entire identity revolves around not processing criticism is like the internet equivalent of those soldiers walking around calmly looking for their own arms in war movies.

You leave Tara Reid out of this

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

I just feel like it's really disrespectful to keep calling it the "graveyard of empires" and we should rename it to "graveyard of heroes" to support our troops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

genericnick posted:

Did Benghazi matter? Did anyone give a single gently caress about it?

charlie daniels cared