Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
So what's going on with Test's move to outer passage? Are they buying it from panfam? Did they lose and offensive war so hard they are losing all their space and become renters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

wilderthanmild posted:

So what's going on with Test's move to outer passage? Are they buying it from panfam? Did they lose and offensive war so hard they are losing all their space and become renters?

They will be couch surfing. Hobosexuals if you will.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
That sounds worse than like relocating to lowsec.

Lol

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

They left behind all of their infrastructure in delve to move to the rear end end of galaxy to be surrounded by blues, they're gonna have fun rebuilding for sure.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

wilderthanmild posted:

That sounds worse than like relocating to lowsec.

Lol

Well for them, it has the benefit of being way the gently caress over there about as far away as possible from us.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Making fun of test is fun and all, but Goons have couch surfed at least twice to my knowledge and pulled through. It's not necessarily a death knell.

Zephirus
May 18, 2004

BRRRR......CHK

Dik Hz posted:

Making fun of test is fun and all, but Goons have couch surfed at least twice to my knowledge and pulled through. It's not necessarily a death knell.

I think the key difference is that we couch surfed with people we actually liked.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

wilderthanmild posted:

No one really knows the details yet. Least of all, Test Alliance Please Disband.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

pretty sure they're going to be eaten alive

their pilots are streaming slowly into FRT. Oddly, Horde isn't growing all that much.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
Svipuls seem to be really good still, proceed to groan and think people that fly them being overpowered are pieces of poo poo as I see them everywhere still.

Dust off minmitar alt, get him in corp and off to asset wrap station to sort thru my loot. First wrap box is a fully kitted svipul, oh ya I'm a piece of poo poo.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Dik Hz posted:

How often did Goons end up couch surfing after an offensive war?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
It's like Afghanistan, we are the taliban. Without the salafism though because its not cool.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

supersnowman posted:

How often did Goons end up couch surfing after an offensive war?

Well, there was the post-Cloud Ring situation (BoB camp, VCBees, eventually heading to Red Alliance space).

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Mnoba posted:

Svipuls seem to be really good still, proceed to groan and think people that fly them being overpowered are pieces of poo poo as I see them everywhere still.

Dust off minmitar alt, get him in corp and off to asset wrap station to sort thru my loot. First wrap box is a fully kitted svipul, oh ya I'm a piece of poo poo.

svipuls and rail hecates are tools of Literally Satan, you just automatically win against so many matchups in small gang warfare that it's not even funny

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

rocketrobot posted:

Well, there was the post-Cloud Ring situation (BoB camp, VCBees, eventually heading to Red Alliance space).

Glad you added the parenthetical, because "post cloud ring offensive requiring a couch" actually has happened multiple times.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Blaster hecates are pretty goddamned fun too, or at least they used to be. They shat out ridiculous amounts of DPS for their size and there is something satisfying about facehugging the life out of the unsuspecting. Rail hecates seemed somewhat OP against other destroyer/frigate hulls - I remember being in a bomber fleet earlier on in the war shooting a TEST staging POS somewhere and several goons who weren't paying attention got two-shotted by TEST dudes in rail hecates waaay the gently caress out of engagement range who'd flip to propulsion mode and moonwalk out the second someone looked at them

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Jazzzzz posted:

Blaster hecates are pretty goddamned fun too, or at least they used to be.
I had a lot of fun using one with combat probes for anti-support along the edges of a big fight, but I can't quite manage to ropeadope interceptors into scram range when they catch me.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

OAquinas posted:

Glad you added the parenthetical, because "post cloud ring offensive requiring a couch" actually has happened multiple times.

I was only around for the first one :unsmith:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Yeah, I missed the first one.

Point being, I guess, that couch crashing is eminently survivable...if you have cohesion and culture to do it. At this point I'm not sure TEST has either.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Have they admitted they went to the farthest region possible to escape our wrath or they trying to spin it as something else?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
goons can't project power

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Sickening posted:

Have they admitted they went to the farthest region possible to escape our wrath or they trying to spin it as something else?

They've been dead silent, near as I can tell. This is the smart thing to do when thousands of braying goons are waiting to verbally eviscerate anything said.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Sickening posted:

This is factually untrue.

Cobalt Edge would be farther. They are only moving to the region next to it, ergo...

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

if Goons are so big and powerful why did they sit inside a bunker on a pure game mechanics defence?

if anyone gets invaded by a far weaker foe, they smash them out of their region. all i see was goons sitting on game mechanics waiting for the newly made unstable coalition/joint forces to implode rather than fight.....

congratulations goonswarm. you are by far the best at abusing game changes and game mechanics. and by far the biggest douches from them all.

This is like raging at someone when you're playing chess and your opponent is down to their king and you have a rook and a pawn and just march the pawn down the board to promote while they scream "FIGHT ME!! FIGHT ME!!".

They can't really do anything else, just complain that you're exploiting a "pure game mechanics defense". I mean, it's true, but that's the game we all signed up to play and the rules haven't changed (much) since the war was launched.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
The saga continues:

And here is my character with a big green OK on the ESI page.

Is something not working on the site and nobody realizes it? I'll email newbies again, but nothing has changed since the last time I did that, so I'm not that hopeful.

I should add that I appreciate that running all this poo poo is a major undertaking for a bunch of volunteers, so, y'know, I'm not upset. I just want to be in the corp when I'm spinning my ship around watching skills train!

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

if Goons are so big and powerful why did they even log in?

:thunk:

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Shart Carbuncle posted:

The saga continues:

Is something not working on the site and nobody realizes it? I'll email newbies again, but nothing has changed since the last time I did that, so I'm not that hopeful.

I should add that I appreciate that running all this poo poo is a major undertaking for a bunch of volunteers, so, y'know, I'm not upset. I just want to be in the corp when I'm spinning my ship around watching skills train!

you got fart in your bio, i would have just let ya in

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Shart Carbuncle posted:

The saga continues:

They'll move mountains to solve the problem. I've had weirdness with GOONSWARM FEDERATION IMMIGRATION AND CUSTOMS ENFORCEMENT before, they'll work with you to see what's up

imo the app people might be going on dates with their spouses right now. or like, trying to re-learn the names of their children. everyone is worn out

Foulbrood
May 17, 2004

This is it, Jonesy!

Shart Carbuncle posted:

The saga continues:

Hey problem buddy, I think we're in the same boat!

Also, even though I registered all my characters and everything is green, I still get:

Edit: I don't know if the auth reset page is opsec - I'll remove it if it is

Foulbrood fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 16, 2021

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Mnoba posted:

Svipuls seem to be really good still,

Lmao did you just call a T3 destroyer that is only passable as a gatecamp arty or a weird flavor FC ship overpowered? With worst autocannon range/dps, lovely arty tracking, the only thing this piece of junk has is a buffer tank FOR YOU TO DIE MORE SLOWLY

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Lmao did you just call a T3 destroyer that is only passable as a gatecamp arty or a weird flavor FC ship overpowered? With worst autocannon range/dps, lovely arty tracking, the only thing this piece of junk has is a buffer tank FOR YOU TO DIE MORE SLOWLY

The Svipul used to be terribly, grossly overpowered for about a year.

It used to have an absolutely massive amount of power grid, so you were basically unconstrained on what you could fit to it. Some of the earliest popular Svipul fits would fit a full rack of guns, a neut, a 10MN AB, injector, and either multiple MSEs or a large active tank, without a single fitting mod or rig. On top of that, it used to be significantly faster -- it had a better base agility, and its propulsion mode had a flat speed bonus instead of a bonus to MWD/AB.

Then, CCP nerfed its agility, and nerfed its power grid into the loving hole so you need two fitting mods just to fit a full rack of guns, MWD, and one MSE to it.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

CCP going overboard on a nerf causing something to swing from overpowered to underpowered? Say it isn't so!

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

In other news, Test hobosexuals are already getting righfully chased across the galaxy out of their hiding spot between Phorde's legs

https://zkillboard.com/kill/94547798/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/94547585/

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Sickening posted:

No but some of them are already claiming we're not invading them fast enough

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

just lmao at them not even there yet and already losing infra.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

i'm the POS ITYOOL 2021

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i'm the POS ITYOOL 2021

I actually saw a few getting deployed by the enemy when I played in February. What are they even used for anymore? Citadels have so clearly taken over every old POS function.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

SpaceDrake posted:

I actually saw a few getting deployed by the enemy when I played in February. What are they even used for anymore? Citadels have so clearly taken over every old POS function.

Mostly they just give you a safe place to hide and/or log off. We moonlocked 3-D (and probably 1DQ too?) so PAPI couldn't abuse this during the """siege""".

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Dalael posted:

No but some of them are already claiming we're not invading them fast enough

I've seen a few similar to "Test is never, you’ve let them run away."

To which I reply:

"lol

lmao."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Mostly they just give you a safe place to hide and/or log off. We moonlocked 3-D (and probably 1DQ too?) so PAPI couldn't abuse this during the """siege""".

I'll never feel as safe on tether like I did in a pos bubble