Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Tann posted:

Oops! I guess I feel a bit bad barging into threads to self-promote when I haven't been been part of them. I am on a break at the moment so I'll browse for some fun games.

No, there's no meta-progression. Some random achievements unlock items for the pool but they're not more-powerful than regular items or anything. There's an infinite mode where you keep some stuff when you loop but you lose it all when you die. I have a bunch of ideas for the future so maybe I'll add something like this, I don't promise anything though.

Thanks for your support all, the free demo is like 40% of the game so feel free to play without paying : )
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.com.tann.dice

Any plans on making a version of this for PC? I'm loving this game and a deeper version with meta-progression would absolutely be my jam for many many many hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Any plans on making a version of this for PC? I'm loving this game and a deeper version with meta-progression would absolutely be my jam for many many many hours.

It is on PC

https://tann.itch.io/slice-dice

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Yeah! It's already on PC as ^ linked. I'm not sure about meta-progression but the game is selling well and I have a thousand ideas so I'm going to continue to work on it : )

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice

Tann posted:

Yeah! It's already on PC as ^ linked. I'm not sure about meta-progression but the game is selling well and I have a thousand ideas so I'm going to continue to work on it : )

Is there anyway to get the full version on PC if we've already bought the Android version? Or do we have to rebuy it on each platform?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Welp, now i'm going to be late for work every day. It was bad enough I would lose track of time playing S&D on my phone.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

staplegun posted:

New spot open in the goon Shop Titans guild for anyone that wants to give the game a go!

If this is still open, I want in! I'm tiduslaugh#63632

Akiosan
May 21, 2005

We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country.

Coin Hunt World is a Pokemon-Go type game but instead of catching pokemon and spinning stops you collect keys and open vaults that contain crypto(currently BTC and Eth). Completely free to play and it allows you to cash out once a week into an Uphold account. I have collected about $40 in crypto over the 3 weeks I have been playing. The one year anniversary event starts at the end of this month so not a bad time to start. It will be available on IOS as well as soon as Apple lets it out of beta(technically its available now but all the slots are filled).

Here is a good starting guide
https://coinhuntworldwiki.com/Start_Guide
Here is a map that is user filled
https://coinhuntmap.com/
If you do play use my referral which will give you a bit of a headstart and help me out. You just need to click the link before you build your HQ.
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/ojr

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Akiosan posted:

Coin Hunt World is a Pokemon-Go type game but instead of catching pokemon and spinning stops you collect keys and open vaults that contain crypto(currently BTC and Eth).

Thank you for the warning about this terrible knockoff that we should all avoid, I'll be sure to report it in the store so we can get it removed.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Chaitai posted:

Is there anyway to get the full version on PC if we've already bought the Android version? Or do we have to rebuy it on each platform?

Sorry, there's no way currently. I haven't figured all this stuff out yet, it's complicated with all these different stores. I want the reverse: android Slay the Spire because I have the steam version :)

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

GetDunked posted:

We have a spot... Can't see the invite button so not sure if you have to leave your existing guild first or something

Edit: 420 gems.... Nice.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Oh hell yeah.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Tann posted:

Sorry, there's no way currently. I haven't figured all this stuff out yet, it's complicated with all these different stores. I want the reverse: android Slay the Spire because I have the steam version :)
FWIW you can copy and paste your save data from the Steam to the Android version.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I logged back in to Fantasy War Tactics after all this time, and it said I had only quit like 490 days ago, pretty sure it's been like two and a half years, though. I deleted it immediately upon finding out that in at least two years since I quit, they still haven't managed to make Awakenings for all of the characters left behind when that came out, but I would really, really like a tacrpg that's 1) about the same level of simplicity and fun and not an unplayable mess like FFT, and 2) isn't a loving gacha.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

GetDunked posted:

norp posted:

We have a spot... Can't see the invite button so not sure if you have to leave your existing guild first or something

Edit: 420 gems.... Nice.

There might have been a problem since I set the guild to public with a minimum level to join, but I'm pretty sure they patched it recently so invites ignore that requirement (but havent tested it). Anyway, just to be safe I took it off and sent off an invite.

Also, another spot opened up if anyone else wants to join up!

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Cool, thanks. I couldn't find anywhere to leave my current guild so I assumed I just had to get invited.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
Finally beat Hard on Slice & Dice. Star party member was Ludus with a Shining Bow that makes all attacks ranged, and a Tooth Necklace that makes the left 2 sides add Cruel.

On to Unfair, which I'm fairly certain isn't even possible.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I've tried unfair a couple of times and yeah, it's pretty drat hard. Think I've manaaged to get around level 16-17, but it's amazing the level to which just one or two bad rolls can completely dumpster you.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
I couldn't find a thread about the game Random Dice, so I'm wondering if I should ask here about the something awful group in that game? I just sent a request to join as "poopy", not realizing that it will probably be ignored.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Chaitai posted:

Finally beat Hard on Slice & Dice. Star party member was Ludus with a Shining Bow that makes all attacks ranged, and a Tooth Necklace that makes the left 2 sides add Cruel.

On to Unfair, which I'm fairly certain isn't even possible.

I'm actually quite pleased by how there are multiple routes to beating Hard, though there is some luck in (a) being able to formulate a given strategy and (b) getting the right opponents to use it on. Like, I've gone the melee-heavy route, with Ludus/Gambler as my heavy hitter and Leader and/or Chronos letting him smash through multiple enemies per round. I've stacked Growth onto a Chronos's Mana generators and pummeled enemies to death with machine-gun Burst barrages. I've had my mage use Sharp Wit to turn into an unstoppable sword machine. I've set up a defensive team that can stack poison on someone hefty, like Hexia at the very end when it spawns, and just sit back and wait in comfort for it to die while spamming Max HP+ on everyone repeatedly.

Having at least one heavy hitter (i.e. five damage or more) is kind of important when stuff like Goblins and Wisps come out to play, because otherwise it's not too hard to get overwhelmed with numbers. Any time you see Sharp Wit or Second Chance as an Inventory option, grab it without hesitation. After that, it really is about making the best of what the game gives you.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

My latest hard and unfair attempts have had a long string of getting the worst items for the classes offered at leveling up. :(

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I just wish the Caws didn't show up every single time I haven't picked up any ranged buffs.

YOUR UNCOOL NIECE
May 6, 2007

Kanga-Rat Murder Society
I am happy to report that Slice & Dice is, in fact, good.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Yeah Slice and Dice is great! Hope devgoon adds some more items and maybe a few classes in the future!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Yo slice and dice dev you officially made it! There is now a clone of your game in the store

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Harminoff posted:

Yo slice and dice dev you officially made it! There is now a clone of your game in the store

lol I thought this would be my fate if I ever got popular. Got a link?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Tann posted:

lol I thought this would be my fate if I ever got popular. Got a link?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SolarSlug.DiceRogue

Tbh I didn't play it so could be a bit different, just saw it while browsing the new roguelikes section of the store.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Harminoff posted:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SolarSlug.DiceRogue

Tbh I didn't play it so could be a bit different, just saw it while browsing the new roguelikes section of the store.

I can confirm that it's very similar.

Goongrats, it's like having Weird Al parody your song.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

"Dice Rogue is a roguelite rpg game with a unique dice combat system"

lol

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Harminoff posted:

saw it while browsing the new roguelikes section of the store.

Haha, I guess it was inevitable if my game became popular at all. Gives me something to be bitter about when their predatory monetisation eclipses my profits!

Thanks for the link, it was pretty surreal to play a round.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Tann posted:

Haha, I guess it was inevitable if my game became popular at all. Gives me something to be bitter about when their predatory monetisation eclipses my profits!

Thanks for the link, it was pretty surreal to play a round.

Just don't let that piece of poo poo be the threes to your 2048.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Jesus Tann, Unfair mode is pretty aptly named. Just got mugged by rats!

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

If there is an update, could I ask for just one little thing.

The ability to undo if you have hit the 'stop rolling' button.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Relentless posted:

Jesus Tann, Unfair mode is pretty aptly named. Just got mugged by rats!

I added this leaderboard for a joke, can't believe someone got 5!

Cursed mode is more fun than unfair I think.

Tsietisin posted:

If there is an update, could I ask for just one little thing.

The ability to undo if you have hit the 'stop rolling' button.

I am thinking a lot about this... It's complex because then people might start planning out everything, seeing how they do with best ordering, going back and rerolling based on that. I'm not sure that's the sort of gameplay I want to promote.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Tann posted:

I am thinking a lot about this... It's complex because then people might start planning out everything, seeing how they do with best ordering, going back and rerolling based on that. I'm not sure that's the sort of gameplay I want to promote.

As someone who also wants this feature I think the best way to implement it would be to allow the undo as long as you have not used any of your dice yet. I've tapped that done rolling on accident before and it hurts.

Fantastic game though it has absolutely destroyed my phone battery over the last week with how much I have been playing. I really hope you're able to keep expanding on it!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Just charge $5 for it

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

I typically don't stick with dice games, but whatever it is that S&D does differently from the hordes of others has me entirely hooked. Solid job, devgoon.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

A lot of phone games I find pretty easy to put down.

Slice and Dice I absolutely cannot start playing before bed, because I will be glued to that sucker for an hour or two.

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.
Oh hey man since you post here quick like bug thing because I don't know how to submit it otherwise.

There's a low level item that gives +1 to left side but the dice must always be rolled (Old Coin?) I'm assuming this isn't the intended behavior, but if you use end turn to take all the dice it circumvents having to reroll that dice to exhaustion. It works any time you can tap the end turn, even when it would be like the person wearing the item would be the only one rolling on roll two.

Figured it was worth pointing out

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah that's intended. Maybe I should clarify the description.

There's also an in game bug report in options

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Made sense to me. IF you're going to roll, you have to roll the coin. Otherwise, end the rolling phase.