Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

:c00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

:thunk:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey.

Shut up.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

PRESEASON CHAMPS! The millenball video still cracks me up.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

If we had Bort we'd be 1-0 :colbert:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The Bortles curse is real

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Are the Bears really going to start Dalton?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Maybe.

Who knows

If Fields looks as good as he did on Saturday in the remaining games and Dalton looks as ineffectual probably.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

hobbesmaster posted:

Also our QBs, receivers, defense, special teams…

( if I live in Minnesota I can say “our”)

Justin Jefferson is cool and he and the like ten games we'll get out of thielen probably should keep receivers off that list

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Niwrad posted:

Are the Bears really going to start Dalton?

Given the state of our O-Line at the moment, letting Dalton get murdered by Donald and the Ram's D instead of Fields makes sense. Now week two against the Bengals? That may be a different story.

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Aug 16, 2021

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Justin Fields makes way more sense to start against the rams than Dalton.

Fields can move and operate outside the pocket Which makes Donald's rush up the middle slightly less effective.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Looks like we might see Fields against the 1's soon.

https://twitter.com/AdamHBeasley/status/1427262460906680327?s=20

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

It's Happening

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I thought Goff looked better in his debut than Fields.

I definitely wasn't expecting that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1427262656201756677

Sure Nagy, Suuuure

Hizawk posted:

I thought Goff looked better in his debut than Fields.

I definitely wasn't expecting that.

I would loving hope the 5(6?) year vet would look better than a rookie in pre-season lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean have you seen Goff

Sometimes I feel calling him a QB is being generous

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/ChrisMaltbyBD/status/1427272888026030089

https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1427279087408721920

lmao Andy Dalton bout to lose a job

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

They might as well start Fields. You weren't planning on winning with Dalton.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean are the Bears planning on winning?

Because if they are it won’t be much regardless

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean are the Bears planning on winning?

Because if they are it won’t be much regardless

Ah yes, the team that went 8-8 last year and were second in the division, not going to be winning much.

anyway to continue the Dalton pack watch

https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1427282848264904705

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

8-8 is not winning much no.

I get lowered expectations but at least have a winning record

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

:thumbsup:

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
He's a poo poo poster but he's right. "Much" should be used at the very least to mean "more often than not".

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

CharlestheHammer posted:

They finished 7th in the NFC, and 14th overall. 8-8 is certainly not great, but they were better than 56% of the league. So essentially what, 60% of the league isn't winning much in your view?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Nagy took the Bears to the playoffs twice in three years with Mitch as his QB. Fields is better than Mitch. Dalton is better than Foles. Foles is the best third string QB in the NFL. The Bears are also getting back some good players from injury and COVID sit outs.

The Bears should be a better team this year, especially at quarterback. Will they be better enough to get into the playoffs without the seven seed loophole like last year, and more importantly, will they be better enough to win a loving playoff game for once? Dunno. We'll have to see. So much of NFL success depends on who gets hurt on your team and who stays healthy...just ask the 2020 '49ers what a rash of injuries can do to you.

So IF the Bears stay mostly healthy, and IF Fields develops the way we hope he will, and IF the defense under Desai can recreate the magic it had under Fangio, THEN the Bears should be good enough to compete with the Pack and the Vikes for the NFC North crown at best and should be able to grab a Wild Card spot at worst. But if one of the three legs of that stool doesn't hold up, the whole thing comes crashing down and the Bears could be in for a tough season, especially since they have the toughest schedule in the NFL in 2021 based on opponent's win rate in 2020. Which would be a shame, but not the end of the world, because the beauty of Justin Fields on his rookie contract is that you have five years (we're going to pick up the fifth year option on him, almost certainly) of a quality QB on the cheap. Almost no one wins the Superbowl as a rookie QB. But in his second, third, fourth, or fifth years? Well, THAT'S when things get very interesting indeed.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

jng2058 posted:

Fields is better than Mitch.

This is just crazy talk. It’s good to be excited for rookies, but claiming he’s on the level of a NVP winning QB after one preseason game is a bit much.

Nobody made Roblox out of Justin Fields. :colbert:

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

BGrifter posted:

This is just crazy talk. It’s good to be excited for rookies, but claiming he’s on the level of a NVP winning QB after one preseason game is a bit much.

I predict Fields will be this years NVP.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

BGrifter posted:

I like how his linemen are just looking back at him, waiting

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I like how his linemen are just looking back at him, waiting

look, he has to figure out the best way to miss Javon Wims wide open(which is another thing all together)

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

jng2058 posted:

Nagy took the Bears to the playoffs twice in three years with Mitch as his QB. Fields is better than Mitch. Dalton is better than Foles. Foles is the best third string QB in the NFL. The Bears are also getting back some good players from injury and COVID sit outs.

The Bears should be a better team this year, especially at quarterback. Will they be better enough to get into the playoffs without the seven seed loophole like last year, and more importantly, will they be better enough to win a loving playoff game for once? Dunno. We'll have to see. So much of NFL success depends on who gets hurt on your team and who stays healthy...just ask the 2020 '49ers what a rash of injuries can do to you.

So IF the Bears stay mostly healthy, and IF Fields develops the way we hope he will, and IF the defense under Desai can recreate the magic it had under Fangio, THEN the Bears should be good enough to compete with the Pack and the Vikes for the NFC North crown at best and should be able to grab a Wild Card spot at worst. But if one of the three legs of that stool doesn't hold up, the whole thing comes crashing down and the Bears could be in for a tough season, especially since they have the toughest schedule in the NFL in 2021 based on opponent's win rate in 2020. Which would be a shame, but not the end of the world, because the beauty of Justin Fields on his rookie contract is that you have five years (we're going to pick up the fifth year option on him, almost certainly) of a quality QB on the cheap. Almost no one wins the Superbowl as a rookie QB. But in his second, third, fourth, or fifth years? Well, THAT'S when things get very interesting indeed.

I feel you but I’m setting a reminder to quote this in February when the bears are 6-11

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Trying to predict the Bears success or failure is an exercise in futility, both long term and game to game

All I know is the bears will lose the game after their BYE, and will win if they’re playing the packers in prime time and Noted Shithead Mike Dikta is the only person on the pregame show to pick them to win

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

GNU Order posted:

Trying to predict the Bears success or failure is an exercise in futility, both long term and game to game

All I know is the bears will lose the game after their BYE, and will win if they’re playing the packers in prime time and Noted Shithead Mike Dikta is the only person on the pregame show to pick them to win

The Bears manage to make football their own style of game every time they play, it's a shame they're not very good at their style of football

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

BGrifter posted:

No wonder he kept overthrowing, his receivers are tiny!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can someone tell me what NVP means

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Can someone tell me what NVP means

Nickelodean Valuable Player. The kids voted for Mitch as the NVP on the Nickelodean playoff game against the Saints despite the Bears losing the game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh that's much simpler than I was expecting, thank you

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

IcePhoenix posted:

oh that's much simpler than I was expecting, thank you

He won in a landslide.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

jng2058 posted:

The kids voted for Mitch as the NVP

Let's be real: the adults on Twitter and anywhere football was discussed online like here were voting for Mitch. I mean, maybe kids were too because they thought he looked friendly or whatever, but I'm gonna come out and say what everyone else has been too afraid to acknowledge: the NVP vote for Mitch was RIGGED!

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Remember The Date-

October 3rd, 2021: The legend of Justin Fields is born as he explodes in a Week 4 divisional matchup against the Detroit Lions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Styles Bitchley posted:

Remember The Date-

October 3rd, 2021: The legend of Justin Fields is born as he explodes in a Week 4 divisional matchup against the Detroit Lions.

It would be legendary if a player exploded on the field, yes.