Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
definitions of "efficacy" and explanations of the concept of odds-ratio testing would be some good info to have in the OP, where's the goonsheet have we compiled something there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Koirhor posted:

I wish I had one of those Death Note books from the hit anime series

Death Nate

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Lacrosse posted:

I wasn't on the leader board for the last thread so I gotta get more posts in on the new one.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

The covid rate in aus is like 400 new cases a day. In America its like 130,000 a day. Per capita theres almost 25x as many covid cases in the United States as Australia. Shut the gently caress up nate

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Sunny Side Up posted:

I was thinking it would be clearer to have explicit statements of fact requiring no analysis or thought. A + B = C. What's actually currently thought to be known without caveat.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Open. Fuckin. Biden.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

The Saucer Hovers posted:

the OP primarily needs to be clean, direct answers to the same half dozen (good and right) questions that are asked every page

1. What is CoViD?
A: Nothing. It's a hoax.

2. When is CoViD?
A: It's over.

3. Who gets CoViD?
A: Not kids.

4. Where is CoViD?
A: China.

5. Why is CoViD?
A: To destroy your freedoms.

6: How is CoViD?
A: It's like the flu.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
there's a group forming that's trying to seal vermont's border

(this will obviously never happen)

https://twitter.com/margowatroba/status/1427346376703283201

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gunshow Poophole posted:

definitions of "efficacy" and explanations of the concept of odds-ratio testing would be some good info to have in the OP, where's the goonsheet have we compiled something there?

As much as I hate it, the New York Times vaccine tracker is probably the best source for efficacy and what vaccines do what:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

What's interesting is that since the old thread was made so long ago it was protected from the rules governing Covid threads that were put in place later. This one now has to follow the updated Covid rules, such as "no doomerism" and immediate bans for anyone who spreads misinformation that contradicts CDC guidance.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

mod sassinator posted:

jesus did they get sick just in the last week too?

I didn't ask so as to not add to my friend's already sky-high level of anxiety(they volunteered the info on fb), but that district is not LAUSD and has anti-mask and anti-vax teachers as well as a reasonably chuddy parent contingent

so, who knows

sadly the kids are all super aware of how bad things are and incredibly depressed about everything because they realize their parents are idiots

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Asked my principal today what contingencies were in place for outbreaks. The basic answer was that the district just wants us to power through it; no virtual school even considered. I'm at a middle/high school in a terribly unvaccinated county. We, thankfully, do have a mask mandate but that's about it. We'll have seventy more kids than we did two years ago.

open biden; praise number

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

meet girls at the store posted:

A medical assistant will visit your bedside with an iPad with the Awful app installed, and hold it up to your face.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Covid is over

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Joe I'm sorry but it's too late to retreat to the Green Mountains - the Virus will soon subsume Burlington

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Gripweed posted:

What's interesting is that since the old thread was made so long ago it was protected from the rules governing Covid threads that were put in place later. This one now has to follow the updated Covid rules, such as "no doomerism" and immediate bans for anyone who spreads misinformation that contradicts CDC guidance.

god drat i wish i had CONTRADICTED CDC!! on my rap sheet

Soylent Majority
Jul 13, 2020

Dune 2: Chicks At The Same Time
gently caress that noise when doom is the reality than doomerism shall persist

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

My office Open Bidened at 8:00 this morning with a celebratory staff breakfast. It’s now 11:39, somebody has tested positive, and they’re scrambling to do contact tracing for the breakfast party. Life comes at you fast.

thread title plz

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Lenin Stimpy posted:

This is really hopeful stuff

nah this is going to be 12 more months of hell. with booster round 1 they'll get 3 months of libs scolding people to get their boosters, don't be antivax!, don't jump the line and get booster ahead of your turn!! then 3 months of "EVERYTHING IS BACK TO NORMAL THE BOOSTERS FIXED COVID FOR GOOD!!!!" then 3 months of "NO THE BOOSTERS ARE STILL WORKING, THERE WON'T BE ANOTHER SURGE... OK EVEN IF THIS SURGE IS HAPPENING THERE WON'T BE AS MANY SEVERE CASES... OK HOSPITALS ARE FULL AGAIN BUT THERE WON'T BE AS MANY DEATHS" and then 3 months of "OK, we have a new booster will fix everything (again)!"

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Joementum posted:

there's a group forming that's trying to seal vermont's border

(this will obviously never happen)

https://twitter.com/margowatroba/status/1427346376703283201

Hell yeah seal the borders. If Covid has already made it inside, do what you must to defeat death. Vermont, the Undying State.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Gripweed posted:

also disparaging Ivermectin in any way is immediate ban

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It wasn't drama gassed
I don't know why it was gassed
maybe just like a respirator joke or something
normally giant threads just get locked when the new one gets made

It's because I'm a dumbass and hit the wrong button. I submitted a request to fix it.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

A medical assistant will visit your bedside with an iPad with the Awful app installed, and hold it up to your face.

I will summon my remaining strength to raise my hand and tap out a, lol lmfao

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mod sassinator posted:

nah this is going to be 12 more months of hell. with booster round 1 they'll get 3 months of libs scolding people to get their boosters, don't be antivax!, don't jump the line and get booster ahead of your turn!! then 3 months of "EVERYTHING IS BACK TO NORMAL THE BOOSTERS FIXED COVID FOR GOOD!!!!" then 3 months of "NO THE BOOSTERS ARE STILL WORKING, THERE WON'T BE ANOTHER SURGE... OK EVEN IF THIS SURGE IS HAPPENING THERE WON'T BE AS MANY SEVERE CASES... OK HOSPITALS ARE FULL AGAIN BUT THERE WON'T BE AS MANY DEATHS" and then 3 months of "OK, we have a new booster will fix everything (again)!"

Israel needs to start making GBS threads out detailed info on Shot 3 breakthroughs and if they're symptomatic

That's very important right now and in the immediate future - if they're all asymptomatic, then we need to open the gates and boost everyone

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Gripweed posted:

Hell yeah seal the borders. If Covid has already made it inside, do what you must to defeat death. Vermont, the Undying State.

i've played enough ckii to know that closing the gates always stops the plague

it's a flawless plan :hmmyes:

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
remember when Joe biden told that little kid at the town hall that kids didn't die from Covid and she didn't need to worry about going back to school lmfao

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

My office Open Bidened at 8:00 this morning with a celebratory staff breakfast. It’s now 11:39, somebody has tested positive, and they’re scrambling to do contact tracing for the breakfast party. Life comes at you fast.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

I will once it gets fixed and just closed instead of gassed so I can copy/paste.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

remember when Joe biden told that little kid at the town hall that kids didn't die from Covid and she didn't need to worry about going back to school lmfao

rmemeber when biden campaigned on having a plan to stop covid and the plan so far looks to have been rely on vaccines only lmao

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

McNugget Buddy posted:

NYTimes vaxtracker

sure that's a good resource but this isn't what I'm talking about though, I'm talking about the statistics of risk and how they're derived, so goons can have an ACTUAL idea of what "efficacy" and "risk" mean.

Because 90% Efficacy does not mean you are 90% Proof against infection regardless of (innumerable other variables)

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

The movie Jaws is actually about covid and was written by a time traveler from the future.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Vermont dynamiting the bridges to New Hampshire before the libertarian bears can use it to transport mechanized infantry

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?
They look like monsters to you?

Hello, new thread! Time to fall behind several thousand posts while I frantically keep trying to catch up.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Thoguh posted:

I will once it gets fixed and just closed instead of gassed so I can copy/paste.

please dont copy and paste the old OP was a cluttered mess and thats why folks didnt utilize it

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

what the gently caress is wrong with nate silver

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Lackey posted:

Hello, new thread! Time to fall behind several thousand posts while I frantically keep trying to catch up.

when you log in just hit the button to zoom to the front. there is a curated post service called BONGHITZ that will collect the all-stars

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Louisgod posted:

rmemeber when biden campaigned on having a plan to stop covid and the plan so far looks to have been rely on vaccines only lmao

As I recall, the plan to stop Covid was "I'm not going to shut down the country I'm going to shut down the virus" and that was it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

that runner has no business being that close to the finish line lol