Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Even The Daily Mail is making GBS threads on Mike Pompeo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

emfive posted:

I'm making a very simple Chinese dish that has been kicking my rear end for like two days now

I will be victorious

what is it?

you better not say general tso's.....,,.,

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Red Baron posted:

:hmmyes:

Persian restaurants make that yogurt and you mix the rice with it and the giant roasted tomatoes and the flatbread and goddamn I’m so glad I live like a block from one

oh poo poo yea, plus that green stuff called "torshi" that you get as an appetizer, loving god drat I would be a total slave. Apparently torshi is like the dish that a young Iranian bride has to be good at making to please her husband, and I would literally crawl on the ground for mediocre torshi

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

gently caress SNEEP posted:

what is it?

you better not say general tso's.....,,.,

It's a Yunnan recipe, beef with lots of herbs (mint and stuff) and spicy. It's from Chinese Cooking Demystified, so like everything from that channel if you don't have a small army working with you in the kitchen it's a lot of work.

e: I had to "grind" the beef with two cleavers, that is a loving pain in the rear end and it makes a disgusting mess.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

is this guy a neo-lib?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how is a military occupation by a colonial power not a failed state lmao

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Lmfao this guy needs to gently caress off foreverq, where’s the taliban

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
conner owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLiCHIrXTjA

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

neutral milf hotel posted:

is this guy a neo-lib?

he's clearly some kind of idiot so I wouldn't spend much time trying to pigeon-hole him.

"Pigeon-hole" is an interesting English term, btw, it has something to do with the creation of the Oxford English Dictionary.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

emfive posted:

It's a Yunnan recipe, beef with lots of herbs (mint and stuff) and spicy. It's from Chinese Cooking Demystified, so like everything from that channel if you don't have a small army working with you in the kitchen it's a lot of work.

e: I had to "grind" the beef with two cleavers, that is a loving pain in the rear end and it makes a disgusting mess.

sounds delicious, post pics when you're done. do not let plinkey see.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lots of defenders of colonialism showing up these days more and more

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

euphronius posted:

lots of defenders of colonialism showing up these days more and more

and they’re all named alec

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
president biden bravely flew in to rescue people from Responsibility as it fell to an enemy force, another triumph of visual messaging from benjamin garrison

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
I am the invisible piss Biden is making on Responsibility

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Apraxin posted:

president biden bravely flew in to rescue people from Responsibility as it fell to an enemy force, another triumph of visual messaging from benjamin garrison

It's less heroic when you realize where he loaded them into

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

emfive posted:

Emfive can I entice you instead with a pasta recipe that requires only grapes, sausages and onions?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

The USA is not evacuating Afghans to the US because of immigration restrictions.

They're getting evacuated to Qatar and Dubai. They will likely never touch US soil.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

drat I didn't know your mom was a C-17

Zisky
May 6, 2003

It's fun watching pentagon/state department officials that never really had to be on camera trying to field questions about this debacle.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

gently caress SNEEP posted:

sounds delicious, post pics when you're done. do not let plinkey see.

I will. I used to get it at a Thai place in Dallas like 35 years ago; Northern Thailand is pretty close to Yunnan, and this dish in particular is a thing with the "Dai" people of Yunnan.

Yunnan is apparently some kind of botanical wonderland, there are all sorts of weird local herbs etc

e: at the Thai place ("Thai Lanna", long gone now) it was called "Beef with mint leaves spicy" and that it was, in every respect

emfive has issued a correction as of 22:10 on Aug 16, 2021

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zisky posted:

It's fun watching pentagon/state department officials that never really had to be on camera trying to field questions about this debacle.

what debacle ?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

everyone knows humans think dog turds are disgusting. but what if dog turds think humans are disgusting?

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA0BujmYxSo

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

come mister taliban tally my bananas

Zisky
May 6, 2003

euphronius posted:

what debacle ?

Well they're trying to explain why afghans are falling out of C-17s at the moment.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/Nymph_du_Pave/status/1427360304304836609

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Rschooley/status/1427375892406276104

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Holy poo poo is this the same guy with a different wig?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zisky posted:

Well they're trying to explain why afghans are falling out of C-17s at the moment.

off of

not out of

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-upyPouRrB8

Al Jazeera English has had the best coverage so far, and has dedicated a bunch of their time to Haiti's earthquake.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Afghan reporter sobbing asking the Pentagon spokesman where the president of Afghanistan is. This is going great.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s sad people are falling out of planes but overall this was a trnebdously good thing

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

DoombatINC posted:

"Hey I'm trying to write a catchy song about burning your kid alive because the lord told you to and I wanna know if I made the love of god sound too much like cum"

https://i.imgur.com/GqzhgXF.mp4

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

emfive posted:

seriously, and I mean this, people from Afghanistan and more generally that part of the world should flood the west with the delicious foods they make

like, Iranian rice, oh my god it's so fantastic

i think a lot of our collaborators are probably torturers and what not. probably not too many chefs

Zisky
May 6, 2003

This is wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

GET hosed, ghoul

quote:

Mark Kimmit, the former assistant secretary of state under President George W Bush, has described President Biden's address as a "classic red-herring speech".

"What we are talking about, why he [Biden] was on the podium has absolutely nothing to do with the decision to withdraw," Kimmit told the BBC.

"Heck, every president wanted to withdraw - President Bush, President Obama, President Trump, and now him.

"That’s not extraordinary, and nobody would disagree with the fact that we should be leaving. Nobody wants to stay one year, five years, 10 years - that’s not the issue.

"The issue is the shambolic execution of the withdrawal, which I think calling it a hasty withdrawal is kind. This was cut and run, plain and simple," Kimmit said.