Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Oh my coworker that yesterday was railing on me for double masking and getting the vaxx called out tonight.

I wonder if it has anything to do with her newly divorced party she had herself by flying out to Vegas last week

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
This is embarrassing. I thought Chinese made products broke after too much use!

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

hey SNL writers I know you're reading this thread I got a goo skit for you

*office workers in the office talking about how great it is to be back in the office away from that awful WFH, seeing people smiling, kids in school, etc when suddenly a bunch of dudes in biohazard suits burst in*

Everyone get down, we're from the CDC and we've tracked a deadly Ligma variant here to this office!

panicked and frightened, one of the crying office workers looks to one of the biobros with tears in his eyes and asks wait what is ligma?

CDC guy pulls off his helmet and says to him ligma BALLS! hahahah then they high five each other

then the guy is like wait a minute you guys aren't really from the CDC are you?

To which bio guy 1 replies of course we are from the CDC. The CD--- eeez nuts!!!

you're welcome

This would be the best SNL sketch in like 15 years, no way they do it

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Iron Crowned posted:

Waiting at the CVS, pretty blond lady gets in line for the pharmacy, sees my respirator, then puts on a mask.

Surprising it's about 75% mask compliance at the moment

poo poo like this is why the CDC's mask-off bullshit was extra loving dumb. Mask use (or not) is heavily influenced by social pressure. A few of us so aggressively don't give a gently caress about what other people think that we're fine walking around in elastomeric respirators, but a lot of folks just go with whatever everybody else is doing so that they don't stand out.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

International safety just emailed me to tell me my respirator order in cancelled guess I'll just die

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i saw at least one person masking in my office today that had been raw dogging our poorly ventilated air through last week

i guess that's progress

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Trip report: successfully got my third shot today. Tried Walgreens first, but they claimed that their computer system isn’t set up for it yet. Ended up at Rite Aid, where the cashier and pharmacy tech both tried to gatekeep the hell out of third vaccines. I take high dose oral corticosteroids, which is on the CDC’s list of eligible conditions, so sadly I had to pull a Karen and ask to speak with the pharmacist. Pharmacist was a chill dude who agreed that I do qualify, and shot me up with a third dose of the juice.

I hope they don’t make it this difficult for like, cancer patients to get their third doses, because all in all it was a super discouraging experience. Anyway I have three rows of vaccines listed on my vax card now, which looks cool and good.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Iron Crowned posted:

Waiting at the CVS, pretty blond lady gets in line for the pharmacy, sees my respirator, then puts on a mask.

One mask can change a room, and if one mask can change a room, then it can change a city

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

skewetoo posted:

International safety just emailed me to tell me my respirator order in cancelled guess I'll just die

Did you try McMaster

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

At this point in the pandemic it is impossible to source respirators with speech diaphragms and child sized masks. Garbage rear end capitalism

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/independentmail/status/1427366108466659328?s=20

IF there is an outbreak...

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Longtime lurking, first time posting, just feel like venting.

Been WFH since March of last year, thankfully, vaxxed and been masking. Unfortunatley, I've been chosen the last 3 consecutive months in our company's random drug testing, I'm apparently the first person this has ever happened to at this location, and is even more irritating because the prior two companies who had the contract and I worked for at this address didn't test administrative staff at all after the initial hiring procedure.

The first two times I was tested I just went into the office, sat in the lobby to wait and did the test on site. This time I was called in yesterday and the tester didn't show up because they weren't given an address to report to. So I had to go back again today, again there was no tester, so I was given the paperwork to go piss in a cup at a clinic off site.

I get there and the clinic has a tiny waiting room the size of a small bedroom and there are about 15-20 people packed in there. 2 guys are dicknosing. 1 isn't wearing a mask at all because he was talking on the phone. A couple of people were periodically coughing.

Then I notice my glasses suddenly start fogging up, the nose clip on my KN95 had wiggled loose because of sweat and the seal had been broken :shepface:

Just lol, lmao if after 18 months of successfully dodging Covid this is how I finally get it. I might as well have been going to the Applebees Unlimited Apps & Suck 'n gently caress Thursdays, at least that would've been fun.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

skewetoo posted:

That loving sucks. How many places is that now that have told you to gently caress off?

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Steve Yun posted:

One mask can change a room, and if one mask can change a room, then it can change a city

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Google Butt posted:

Did you try McMaster

I'll give it a shot. Hell, I'm sourcing equipment using connections overseas that's how bad things are

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
mask compliance here in Eugene is easily 95%+, with the ones not wearing a mask reeking of the type of shitass selfish personality you would expect

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Kreeblah posted:

That loving sucks. How many places is that now that have told you to gently caress off?

Supply lines are dying cloud

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Kreeblah posted:

poo poo like this is why the CDC's mask-off bullshit was extra loving dumb. Mask use (or not) is heavily influenced by social pressure. A few of us so aggressively don't give a gently caress about what other people think that we're fine walking around in elastomeric respirators, but a lot of folks just go with whatever everybody else is doing so that they don't stand out.

I ventured out to Costco this weekend and it absolutely blows my mind how people don't just give in to the social normalcy of wearing masks. The store was around 90-95% masked. I just wanted to go up to the people who weren't masking and be like.... hey....Don't you just feel like....stupid? Like have you noticed a trend with the people around you? If everyone around you was screaming "Oh poo poo, the building is burning down!" and running for the exit, would you like...take the hint that maybe you should follow?

Then there was the lady with 6 kids waiting by the food court, none of them masked (including herself.) First time in this entire pandemic that I thought "Oh poo poo, it's a super spreader event. I have to get out of here."

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

skewetoo posted:

I'll give it a shot. Hell, I'm sourcing equipment using connections overseas that's how bad things are

I ordered from Zoro on Thursday night, and got my respirator on Monday.

https://www.zoro.com/3m-half-mask-respirator-silicone-gray-hf-802sd/i/G5775455/
https://www.zoro.com/3m-combination-cartridgefilter-black-pr-d80921/i/G5774457/ Organic vapor + p100 cartridge
https://www.zoro.com/3m-filter-magenta-push-to-connect-pr-d3091/i/G5774737/ p100 soft filter

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
open boris

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-58226678

quote:

People in England and Northern Ireland who have had two Covid vaccine doses will no longer have to isolate if they come into contact with someone who has tested positive for the virus.

Instead of having to quarantine for 10 days, they are now advised to take a PCR test - but this is not compulsory.

They are also advised to wear a face covering in enclosed spaces and to limit contact with others, especially the clinically vulnerable.

The guidance applies to under-18s too.

The changes to self-isolation rules have already been implemented in Scotland and Wales.

The relaxed rules in England and Northern Ireland are expected to significantly reduce the number of people being compelled to stay at home.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

stopping me from getting a booster is anti-semitism

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Iron Crowned posted:

Actual interaction I witnessed at a pharmacy today:

Unmasked Man: “hi I’m here to get the vaccine, it’s my first dose”
Pharm Tech: “okay, unvaccinated people need to wear a mask though, I can offer you this surgical mask for use in the store”
Unmasked Man: “I’m vaccinated”

My mans got so used to lying about his vaccination status that he forgot to stop lying when he was getting the vaccine, he lied so many times that it’s a kneejerk response now

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

meet girls at the store posted:

Pharm Tech: “okay, unvaccinated people need to wear a mask though, I can offer you this surgical mask for use in the store”

My mans got so used to lying about his vaccination status that he forgot to stop lying when he was getting the vaccine, he lied so many times that it’s a kneejerk response now

lol that's amazing

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol how did the tech react

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

i love this country

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

"Advised to", huh?

Anything without enforcement and penalties is just bloviating, so, basically, they have no restrictions at all. I'm sure that'll work out great for them.

:hmmrona:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

loI always get a good laugh when people see me in the half mask THEN decide to mask up

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Been WFH since March of last year, thankfully, vaxxed and been masking. Unfortunatley, I've been chosen the last 3 consecutive months in our company's random drug testing, I'm apparently the first person this has ever happened to at this location, and is even more irritating because the prior two companies who had the contract and I worked for at this address didn't test administrative staff at all after the initial hiring procedure.

The first two times I was tested I just went into the office, sat in the lobby to wait and did the test on site. This time I was called in yesterday and the tester didn't show up because they weren't given an address to report to. So I had to go back again today, again there was no tester, so I was given the paperwork to go piss in a cup at a clinic off site.

I get there and the clinic has a tiny waiting room the size of a small bedroom and there are about 15-20 people packed in there. 2 guys are dicknosing. 1 isn't wearing a mask at all because he was talking on the phone. A couple of people were periodically coughing.

Then I notice my glasses suddenly start fogging up, the nose clip on my KN95 had wiggled loose because of sweat and the seal had been broken :shepface:

Just lol, lmao if after 18 months of successfully dodging Covid this is how I finally get it. I might as well have been going to the Applebees Unlimited Apps & Suck 'n gently caress Thursdays, at least that would've been fun.

It's like a zombie movie, eventually you are going to gently caress up and catch it. Especially considering that 99% of the population around you is idiots.

I would catch COVID if it meant I got to go to Suck N' gently caress Thursday, by the way. These days the best I can hope for is Exasperated Tug and Pull Monthly.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

skewetoo posted:

Getting CDC tracking vibes from these numbers

Only .00001% of the entire population of the US has posted in this thread QED COVID is over.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Trip report: successfully got my third shot today. Tried Walgreens first, but they claimed that their computer system isn’t set up for it yet. Ended up at Rite Aid, where the cashier and pharmacy tech both tried to gatekeep the hell out of third vaccines. I take high dose oral corticosteroids, which is on the CDC’s list of eligible conditions, so sadly I had to pull a Karen and ask to speak with the pharmacist. Pharmacist was a chill dude who agreed that I do qualify, and shot me up with a third dose of the juice.

I hope they don’t make it this difficult for like, cancer patients to get their third doses, because all in all it was a super discouraging experience. Anyway I have three rows of vaccines listed on my vax card now, which looks cool and good.
what is this legit third dose nonsense doing here

no but really good job, hilarious that you had to Karen them just to get your legit jab

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

It seems long but this is the thread title?

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
Actually, thinking about it, maybe he's some sort of weird intersection of vaxxed-turned-antimasker and a third doser. Probably not, but who knows.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmao amazing

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

https://i.imgur.com/cYK4OYn.mp4

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Ragnarok the Red posted:

feel like venting.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Ragnarok the Red posted:

hopefully you don't get it. but yeah i can see me finally getting got because i decide to take off my mask to drink some water while on a run only for some unnoticed mouth breather to pass by me at that exact moment or some dumb poo poo like that

like what the other poster said, some zombie film bullshit will do us in

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

McNugget Buddy posted:

lol how did the tech react

She didn’t even blink, just repeated herself and on the second attempt the guy took the offered mask and put it on. I wonder if this is even the first time it’s happened to her.

Tzen posted:

what is this legit third dose nonsense doing here

no but really good job, hilarious that you had to Karen them just to get your legit jab

Thank you! Shout out to this thread for giving me the righteous confidence to argue with them about it, normally I would have just meekly rolled over

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

It seems long but this is the thread title?

that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Too late, nothing to do now.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/16/us/covid-delta-variant-us.html posted:

Delta Surge Drives Home Painful Truth: Covid Isn’t Going Away
The new flood of cases has forced Americans to recalibrate. Governors and mayors who imposed shutdowns last summer are pushing vaccines now.
(..)
“You’re never going to eliminate Covid risk,” she said.