Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LukasR23
Nov 25, 2019

Technowolf posted:

They can patrol but not break siege IIRC.

They stick it on a big wheelbarrow and dump it over the castle wall, then form up around wherever it lands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Technowolf posted:

They can patrol but not break siege IIRC.

Yup so it's a fun game in the early game when you're playing with rocks (or just with a rock pretender) - every turn you patrol with your god you lose research BUT if you are caught sleeping you're screwed

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Aug 16, 2021

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

gonadic io posted:

Yup so it's a fun game in the early game when you're playing with rocks - every turn you patrol with your god you lose research BUT if you are caught sleeping you're screwed

Gonadic it is absolutely charming how much the rock nation has impacted you. From the clown LP sacreds geared to kick the poo poo out of rocks to helpful "gently caress rocks" tips.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Donkringel posted:

Gonadic it is absolutely charming how much the rock nation has impacted you. From the clown LP sacreds geared to kick the poo poo out of rocks to helpful "gently caress rocks" tips.

Honestly I enjoyed them so much that the lp was originally going to be the rock lp (although I'm glad it turned out the way it did) and I was planning a trip to stonehenge at one point. Then for clown lp I live nearish to joseph grimaldi's grave so I was going to do that but then covid happened. IDK if it would have been cringey anyway though so maybe it's for the best.

e: honestly that game was probably the most fun I've ever had playing dominions although it wasn't great that I was the aether nation stomping non-aether nations

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 16, 2021

LukasR23
Nov 25, 2019

Donkringel posted:

If there had been rocks in this LP I would have invested very heavily in katanas and lasers.

And just goddamn prayed I wasn't bordering them honestly gently caress rocks I have no good early game solutions to them really besides 'more gun and pray'.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

LukasR23 posted:

I have no good early game solutions to them really besides 'more gun and pray'.

Sure, but that's been working great for the Taliban

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

autocaster is legit.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

LukasR23 posted:

If there had been rocks in this LP I would have invested very heavily in katanas and lasers.

Please source your Sun Tzu quotes.

LukasR23
Nov 25, 2019
Apologies for the lack of post yesterday. I'm going to be shifting to a tuesday-thursday schedule after tomorrow's turn post, because the game is slowing down and my life is speeding up dramatically.

I hope everyone is still enjoying the LP, and I'll try to sprinkle in more interludes when I can!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Eh, don't hold yourself to a strict schedule or apologize for not sticking to it, you'll just risk making it unfun for yourself to write the updates.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

It's a blast, take whatever time works for you

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
it's okay i'll keep the thread audience warmed up for ya

*pulls out kazoo*

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Nonononono the clown LP has already been completed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRn_BoXyk30

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

LukasR23 posted:

Apologies for the lack of post yesterday. I'm going to be shifting to a tuesday-thursday schedule after tomorrow's turn post, because the game is slowing down and my life is speeding up dramatically.

I hope everyone is still enjoying the LP, and I'll try to sprinkle in more interludes when I can!

I didn't even know you were trying to keep a schedule!

bobthenameless
Jun 20, 2005

Good time for me to pipe up and say I'm enjoying this lp!

Sage Grimm posted:

Nonononono the clown LP has already been completed.
Life under the slugs corresponds in many ways to that with clowns

LukasR23
Nov 25, 2019

Enjoy posted:

I didn't even know you were trying to keep a schedule!

Ouch.

I've been trying to schedule myself as a way of ensuring I keep up with doing it, so I probably will slip into another one soon enough.

Araganzar posted:

Please source your Sun Tzu quotes.

Does it count if I get all of my Sun Tzu quotes from Rick May?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
No schedule no masters

LukasR23
Nov 25, 2019
Turn 26 - Long-Term plans
This game is set to hit armageddon on turn 100. We’re.. Just past a quarter of the way in to that, so I’m thinking a bit more about actually winning rather than just border disputes.

But first - events!

Most of this is the standard crap. That affliction curing is a (somehow) diseased metal slug, nothing too important. The rest…

Bah. Oh well, it was a long shot. I’d probe more, but this turn all my pearls are going to another cause.

And the only event is a bad one. Although farseer is close enough to me that I’ve got no issues with it losing dominion - it's basically pointless. And it's not one of those obnoxious cults that drain you for a while.

The global is useless to me. I won't be conjuring for a while.

Note that I did three infiltrations this turn, although Oceania failed. Again. This is just to keep the graphs updated, as re-infiltrating will update the graphs to the current turn and let you keep track properly. Missed turns don't matter and will be auto-filled, so it can be worth it to just do that occasionally instead of annoying the other players and making them want to patrol out your scouts.

In order to win, I need 7/12 thrones. As you can see, I have one. Nobody yet holds more than one, but I know Ramc!Cassia has two within his territory.

If I was to somehow murder Ramc’s Cassia, I would have three thrones. And there’s a fourth near Lemnos that he’s been fighting over with Purple. I’m ignoring the underwater throne for now because Oceania has it under their near-undisputed control, and I have enough of a coast that I don’t want to deal with a war with them.

My plan to win is very disjointed, but it goes as follows:

1 - Take as much territory as I can
2 - Eat at least one neighbour in an early war to secure my powerbase, try to diversify magic
3 - Find a way to handle flying nations
4 - Find a way to handle whoever wins underwater JonJoe and his berserking Itchycentaurs
5 - Take seven thrones and claim them - Likely declaring hostilities at some point in the process.
5.5 - Survive cataclysm if we somehow make it to turn 100 with enough thrones to be safe?
And in terms of progress:

1 - Done.
2 - Done twice over. I have water magic, empowered in air, and a half-decent astral income. I’m happy with that.
3 - Half-done. Staff of Storms is key, but I don’t know how much it’s going to hurt me.
4 - Still up in the air. I’ve got a tentative plan to keep him out of my hair, but it’s not going to work perfectly.

5 - Barely even started. One out of seven isn’t enough, not by a long shot. But to get more, I need to kill someone else.
Right now all of my plans involve Lemnos. Especially after he reached out to me again.

j. — Today at 04:56
hi there friend, i have a business proposition. please float me 20 nature gems for my war with purple. if i win, i will pay them back (or pay back 20 of another gem colour if you prefer). if i lose, i will instead send you all my gems upon my death
Lukas — Today at 13:39
lmao
I have 0 nature gem income but I keep getting events
But yes, Deal
Do you want 15N10S, or just flat out 20N
j. — Today at 13:41
i'll take 15N10S if that's easier for you i guess
i can just alchemise them myself if needed
Lukas — Today at 13:43
Be aware that if either of you loses your cap for good I will probably grab a few border provinces
j. — Today at 13:43
this is fine
Lukas — Today at 13:44
because I want to be able to reach someone who: isn't cassia should purple win and purple has lots of nice provinces near me anyway
j. — Today at 13:44
if i lose my cap i'm going to count it as defeat anyway

--

This is fantastic, and it’s where all my pearls went. I’m going to give them four turns to fight it out, but if J loses his cap early I’ll be taking as much as I can.

Most notably that fort if possible. That gets me a route to Swarmhive and possibly the republic depending on who's winning?
Ami is going up there, alongside basically everyone with a name except Eri. She’ll be in charge of retaking Titan’s Steps should Lemnos fall.

Madoka is searching because she’s got nothing better to do this turn. All I’m forging for now is a research booster, and I’ve got a spare FCV from dedarag going around and grabbing all the units that routed while taking the capital. Getting Dominon up in Dedarag is a fairly high priority, as it’ll let me freespawn properly there.

Future Lukas note - Yeah, uh.. I accidentally sent the FCV with all 100 troops up there.

Next time: Probably just more maneuvering.

Bonus - Graphs!

Lemnos is Dark Blue, I’m the third from the bottom, and Swarmhive is the more sickly green. It’s clear I’m one of the smallest nations in the game, not counting Ryugo-Jo and their one province.

Cassia still has a huge fort lead, but I’ve just caught up to Swarmhive so that’s nice.

And honestly.. I’m decently confident I can take them on looking at this. Especially when they’re busy attacking the Republic.

Army size is pointless, but you can still track those losses people are having. Also BEES. Cassia is getting about four-five freespawn units every turn from every templed fort, and one of those is size.. I think 4?
Point is, their army size graph is going to skyrocket hilariously.

LukasR23 fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Aug 21, 2021

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Incredible anti-bee propaganda. Consent manufacturing cia graphs...

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Ramc posted:

Bzzzzzzz bzz-bee bzzzzzzzzt! Bzzzz bzz kill humans bzzzzzz bzzz bzzzzt....

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ramc posted:

Incredible anti-bee propaganda. Consent manufacturing cia graphs...

Are you in fact denying that the bee nation is gloriously powerful, as these graphs are trying to tell us? Are you perhaps anti-bee, yourself, that you would deny the world situation augurs the triumph of the bees?

LukasR23
Nov 25, 2019
Turn 27 - “I think J just has IRL Misfortune”

Some of these turns might be a touch slow, but they're important in their own way. I'll try to splice in more diplomacy segments as well rather than relegating that to a bonus update I'd originally written at the time, so if things are a bit disjointed that's why.

No battles, but not much good either. I’ll get to that scry afterwards.

This is his second throne. Fun stuff. He’s still got another five to go, but this might put a target on his back?

God drat it just give me your graphs jonjoe

Oho! This is an interesting one. Looks like I saw one of the jedi raiding groups, and they had a bad time. Kind of surprised a jedi lost to an ant, though. And without killing any of them?

This is a jedi raider. He’s got a lightsaber, and pearls he’s probably going to use to cast some sort of buffs.

This is that same jedi, getting mind blasted. It interrupts his spellcasting before he can summon a bunch of floating lightsabres.

I’m not entirely sure what he was expecting, but I doubt this was it. The repeated paralysis hits stun him until the province defence reaches melee defence, and..

Splat. But lets dive deeper, and see why he went splat.

Future Lukas note: We kind of went over this in prophets, but this was my first look into swarmhive's mind blast weaponry.

This is a Myrmec Brigadier. I think they’re basically scouts for swarmhive?
But look at that last weapon.

It’s a range 100, precision 100, stun. With 10 ammo.

Sure, it won’t hurt much. But in a situation like this, no jedi stands a chance unless they can shrug off all those magic resistance checks. The same would apply to any raider I sent.

If I’m raiding swarmhive, I need retinues and troops. This was a good lesson to learn, because it involved someone else dying instead.
No other events of note, just a -2 domscore in Bhamot.

...Oops.
[10:43] PurpleXVI: I'd like to know your plans for that big doomstack in Atrocitwee.
[12:08] Lukas: Would you believe me if that was a misclick?
[12:09] Lukas: I forgot to dump the other 99 in the cap while picking up retreated units from the cap siege
[12:09] PurpleXVI: Hahahahah, okay, fair.
[12:13] Lukas: They’ll be gone next turn, and frankly with how things are going for Lemnos I’ll be attacking him pretty soon

They’ve even got the Effigy of War. Awkwaaaard. Anyway, leaving that province really quick. I don’t want a war with purple, not for another three turns at least.

Scrying pools are useful for getting a good eye on things, and unlike Astral scrying there’s no risk of getting brutalised for it. I think.
I was mostly checking to see if Swarmhive had taken this one yet, but it seems like they haven’t. And the throne itself just has mages. Not bad, but not worth invading over when they’re just astral/air mages.

(100% chance of Fire/Air/Earth Astral. They're definitely solid, and I'd have taken them in a heartbeat if they weren't so far away.)

There’s a constant balance of “Do I build forts or do I build metal slugs” at the moment. This time I’m picking a fort - and taking down that barbarian province on our border. This might scare J, but I’ve told him I’ll give that province back.

I probably will, too. But this way means I should be able to keep that other fortress when he loses. And if he doesn’t… well, assuming all goes well it gives me a springboard to clean him up after Vespika is dealt with.

It’s funny, he’s lost at least four or five provinces to indie attacks. I don’t think the in-game RNG likes him very much.

[12:22] Lukas: By the way I’m hitting 73 this turn
[12:22] Lukas: Which was his
[12:24] PurpleXVI: Enjoy it! Goddamn those cat hellscales, though.
[12:29] Lukas: I think J just has IRL misfortune
[12:30] Lukas: I’ve not had any issues with my own mandatory MIS3, although it’s finally going away now
[12:30] Lukas: Only had one indie attack
[13:00] PurpleXVI: Just wait until you get a trog attack that sieges your cap with 50-something troglodytes and deletes 30 to 50% of your cap pop.

Oh, and we’ve had proper first contact with Melodiana and Shamblaha. (Who owns the throne, I just caught this one on a bad frame)
..Hang on. He claimed this throne on turn 22. Maybe Melodiana dislodged him? I’ll ask him about that, because that’s kind of weird.

Also on thronewatch, Melodiana holds this one. Rumi’s going home now though, because she can’t really see much and I want to cast more arcane probings. Doesn’t look like the republic is going to fight them over it, because all they had in the fort was a mason.
This is our first time seeing other Cassia too, which is a slightly different colour of flag.

Economically I’m still pushing towards Construction 8. I’m forging an outpost kit for JonJoe this turn to keep him off my back, and because he’s paying me earth gems for it. Once I hit Construction 8 I can declare hostilities whenever I want to, and start researching my other goals.
Oh, and I’m sending another ~60-odd defence force soldiers up there. Because I reckon I’ll need them before long.

Next time: On the Ethics of Declaring hostilities.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
Generally I always end up parking my scouts, depending on number and how many I have, on thrones if nothing else pops up. It helps tell who's taken what throne, and where it is, and also occasionally lets you know about hilarious losses people have taken while getting owned by throne guardians.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

PurpleXVI posted:

Generally I always end up parking my scouts, depending on number and how many I have, on thrones if nothing else pops up. It helps tell who's taken what throne, and where it is, and also occasionally lets you know about hilarious losses people have taken while getting owned by throne guardians.

It is also funny when they waste the mage turns of people trying to mind hunt clear thrones by getting their brains popped. Or better yet popping the brains of the would-be mind hunter, if they're starchildren or some other stealthy S mage.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I got horribly owned by thrones in multiplayer games on two occasions (in the same game even). I was playing EA Ermor. The first time, it was on a throne defended by a huge bunch of LA Jomon's sacreds. Here's the thing - there's two different LA Jomon sacreds, and I misread which one was defending it. So instead of easily cleaning up twice their number of the rather mediocre naginata guys, my equites get cleaved in half by drunken assholes with 17 attack katanas. The second time was when I sent an expensively geared cloud trapezing wraithlord supercaster to firestorm a throne. He got shish-kebab-d by cavalry lances before doing any real damage because I forgot to script him to cast mistform on turn 1.

The mage was immortal, and the gear itself was easy to replace since I had more fire gems than I knew what to do with, but it was humiliating, not gonna lie.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Arcvasti posted:

It is also funny when they waste the mage turns of people trying to mind hunt clear thrones by getting their brains popped. Or better yet popping the brains of the would-be mind hunter, if they're starchildren or some other stealthy S mage.

Scouts getting mind hunted will deffo tell you something is up, though a lot of thrones tend to have S mages. Zeus thrones, though, its a good idea because nuts to that many spring hawks. He doesn't really do the Dominions 4 Rain of Stones army deletion anymore since they changed the spell I think.

LukasR23
Nov 25, 2019
Turn 28 - “Dark Tales are told”

Infiltration is technically a coin flip, so I shouldn’t be as mad about this as I am. But dammit, I’m annoyed at my utter failures to sneak into Oceania’s capital.

Those 12 earth gems are payment for the outpost kit I just forged, which I’ll be sending this turn.

[03:51] JonJoe: i want prophet in a box item
[03:51] Lukas: 12 Earth gems
[03:51] JonJoe: done
[03:51] Lukas: Be aware it will take one(1) turn to provide it
[03:51] JonJoe: very fine
[03:51] Lukas: Because I lost mine at some point
[03:51] JonJoe: i will send the earth gems this turn
[03:52] Lukas: I'm not actually doing my turn tongiht but I've written a note to myself to not cancel that because it's for a good reason
[03:52] Lukas: I will say that every time I fire up the turn I look at the coast and have to remind myself that you're still building up to beat down ryugo-jo and beardbeard's refusal to die
[03:52] Lukas: Do you think he's hit 100PD in his cap yet
[03:53] JonJoe: oh he definitely has
Future Lukas:
Chat reproduced in full so you can all laugh at me for what is going to come of this. As a reminder, LA Oceania only has H1 priests baseline.
Out of curiosity, what would people here have charged for an item that gives +2H levels? (And cannot be picked up after death)

We’ve got a couple of abnormal events this time, including one that’s.. Weird. Battles first, though!

This is about what I expected.

Poor barbarians. Also my poor eyes, wireframe mode on snow maps is an eye-searing white.

I also got to catch some swarmhive raiders in action. They’re under orders to fire rear, and abuse that to kill the commander first. I think. It was a little weird.

Mildly annoying but not fatal.

And this? This is just weird. *really* weird. Checking the mod inspector tells me this event is just a ticking time bomb, and eventually I’ll have to blow up a bunch of undead. So that’s a barrel of laughs. It’ll give two death gems at that point at least!

Future Lukas Update: Hey, remember when I said I was giving this back to Lemnos? I sure forgot to tell him.

This turn I’m hedging my bets. I’ve been reached out to by two separate people - Vespika, who are willing to sell me two provinces in order to springboard an invasion of melodiana, and Shamblaha, played by Weedzmin.

[13:45] Lukas: Huh.
Did someone nick the outer throne off you for a bit?
[16:38] weedzmin: oceania tried to bully it away from me but i wouldn't stand for it
[16:39] weedzmin: my main concern is ramc's cassia they are really massive and pretty close to taking a second cap
[16:39] Lukas: I mean yeah
I'm strongly considering warring them
[16:40] weedzmin: im trying to put together a coalition
[16:40] Lukas: can you reach them?
[16:40] weedzmin: yes i have a huge border with them
[16:40] Lukas: are you sure that's the right cassia
[16:40] Lukas: cause if so: jesus christ
[16:40] weedzmin: yes i have a huge border with both
[16:42] Lukas: right
Yeah I am interested
I will need a couple of turns though
[16:42] Lukas: hit him on 30?
[16:43] weedzmin: something like that. I'll let you know
[16:43] weedzmin: trying to talk more people into helping out, the more the better

If this turns out for the best I’m absolutely going to join in, but I’m a little worried about if my storm gambit will turn out to work. Or even if I need it, frankly - More testing required against Cassia. I’ll be bringing it along for certain if the big bee shows up, though.

Update- I’m a dumbass. Calamity bee can’t fly. I will be keeping the staff of storms plan though, and pulling it out for if the bigger swarms of bees show up, because those can fly and will need to bee shut down.

I have a three province route to his capital, too. I can definitely drop a giant pile of defenders on him. This means Camo Clown Car will be turning around, and keeping those soldiers nearby.

As for Vespika... negotations were good!
15:35] PurpleXVI: I did leave you Titans' Steps, though.
[15:35] PurpleXVI: Aren't I a great neighbour?
[15:36] Lukas: You're also one of the only two neighbours I can actually fight, because JonJoe is underwater and thus a jerkface
[15:36] Lukas: I'm sure you understand how awkward a position this is
[15:36] Lukas: How interested are you in joining in on Cassia?
[15:38] PurpleXVI: Well, I would be open to selling you Diluphe so you can attack Mediolanum.
[15:39] PurpleXVI: Also I'm always interested in murder, but I need to finish off the cats first, and there's still a chance that their entire cap research stack plus a hefty load of sacreds and some other cats could stomp me again, but we shall see.
[15:39] Lukas: Oh, so that's where they are.
I would honestly be interested in that, because I doubt they have decay weapons like literally everyone else near me seems to.
[15:40] Lukas: Is 105 a melodiana province as well, or do I have to go through the stupid heat scale cave?
[15:44] PurpleXVI: 105 is mine, so unless you're interested in a package deal, you will have to deal with the Stupid Heat Scale Cave.
[15:44] PurpleXVI: Also his cap is in 109.
[15:45] Lukas: ...
oh boy, that's a steal if I've ever heard it
But be aware that I'm going to be forting 105 most likely as part of it
[15:45] Lukas: because my strategy is literally WW1 trench warfare at this point
[15:45] PurpleXVI: Well, let me know what you're willing to pay for them and I'll think it over.
[15:46] Lukas: how does 20 fire gems sound
[15:47] PurpleXVI: Hmmm. I don't know, sounds kind of boring. How about 20 fire gems and a few of your national items for eventually tossing on a wasp thug?
[15:48] Lukas: I can do you a rocket launcher or shotgun, one carrot, and as many grenades as you care about having
[15:48] Lukas: Also a medal of service (15 prot) but iunno if you actually need/care about that(edited)
[15:49] PurpleXVI: I'll take the rocket launcher. I'm sure that can't go wrong in any way.
[15:49] Lukas: It's got +8 precision, it's surprisingly accurate(edited)
[15:49] PurpleXVI: The grenades still sound like a good way to experience the wonders of friendly fire.
[15:49] Lukas: The grenades are a meme
[15:53] Lukas: so 20 fire gems and a rocket launcher for those two provs?
[15:54] PurpleXVI: Yeah, they're garbage.
[15:54] PurpleXVI: Plus if I finish off Lemnos in time, I figure it'll pay for itself by letting me vulture some chunks of Mediolanum around the edges while he's busy fending you off.(edited)

Diluphe and Oiyur are now effectively my properly, and I’ll be forting them up once I get the gold to as well. This would create a great springboard into Melodiana, and allow me to apparently get the drop on his capital - which is just to the left of Oiyur up there.

I’m also evacuating Searing Sands as mentioned, but at this point I really don’t fancy Lemnos’s chances. Not with that fort there about to be stormed.

Madoka is going on another quick scouting expedition, because I’m curious how the territory plays out up here. Good thing they can both teleport!
Forging this turn is simple, I’m just making another Crown of the Titans so I have more leadership handy. Full of Hot Chicks, Honest is finally dying this turn too. Poor thing is on 4HP, but my next prophet will be able to get closer to the front lines. Hopefully.

Oh, and I’ve finally begun patrols in the Darkwoods. That cult is gonna get rooted out after however many turns of draining my candles.

Next turn: Staff of Storms forging, and war preparations! Four turns until I can Declare Hostilities.

Bonus: Player Impressions

I was debating making this its own post, but it fits better as an addendum.

I think this turn marks the point where I've talked to everyone still in the game, and had some time to get an impression of them? Although some of this is meta, and a bit of it is based on future things that happen (including a war with Ramc in another game I'm in). I'm not going to bring up Dedarag though, as I never talked to them beyond a few initial messages.

Vespika - PurpleDCXIV
Starting with the most unpredictable. At this point I kind of considered him trustworthy despite the reputation that seems to surround him. He's reasonable, and I kind of like his attitude as a vulture. Oh, and a bunch of threats of wasps eating my face even as I bought anti-wasp countermeasures from him.

EA!Cassia - Ramc
Ramc.. I know he's good at the game (diplomatically too, that bump was some poo poo), and the gigabee scares me. His bless also seems almost custom-made to brutally gently caress me over. I have no good ways to handle THE BEE, and right now I consider him the second most dangerous player. Behind...

Oceania - JonJoe
Who is a goddamn frieght train of murder. I want them on my side, not eating my face, and that's part of why I'm doing so much trading on that front. If they wanted me out of the game they could probably do that, which is a big part of why I'm looking to get Sea of Ice so I can either threaten them away or just put up a solid barrier to avoid getting eaten whole.

Also I've been told they've got a reputation for going AI the moment things go to poo poo, but never witnessed it.

MA!Cassia - Baudin
Is super quiet. SUPER quiet. Don't really get them.

Mediolania - JohnnyTHCeed
We've.. not really talked much? He seems quiet, but at least has some decent game knowledge. Says almost nothing in the discord server.

Jedi - AfroSquirrel
Definitely competent. I don't know how to gauge them relative to other players but we've cooperated in the past and in a past game (jonjoegods) he was able to talk me out of invading him and into a coalition into the biggest player in the game. Which worked out better for him than it did for me.

I think a bad player would be long dead at this point by a 3v1, so the fact he's still standing is encouraging. That or jedi are busted.

Swarmhive - Tagichatn
No offence, but they're kind of.. foolish? Very aggressive player, but I'm fairly sure they've already gotten their god killed once by this point and they're doing the worst of anyone in the Jedi war. Some of this is based on future choices, but at this point in the game I saw them as a potential target for my second war (before Purple cut me off).

Ryugo-Jo - BeardBeard

Lemnos - J.
While they're almost down.. J kind of scares me. Definitely glad he got taken down early, because he's killed me in a past game and the pioneer of reverse throne rushing makes him.. very scary when toting an astral nation threateningly in my vicinity. But purple solved that.

Weedzmin - Shambhala
I don't really know how to gauge a lot of things, but he seems about my level if slightly better? Shambhala hasn't stood out at all, but he was the second player to set up a dogpile so far in this and that's encouraging. But also means I'll need to watch him if I start winning, as if he's not organising with me there's a good chance he's against me.

--

And... uh.. that's my opinions on everyone. Not perfect, a lot of this was written at 4am, but sometimes it just turns out that way. See you all next time, and I hope I haven't offended anyone with this summary.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Hey, I'm very trustworthy, I always do what I say. My reputation as being unpredictable is just because I have more fun than everyone else.

I would also agree that J. and Ramc are among the strongest players in the game in terms of actual skills and knowing how things work, JJ is usually also capable of out-thinking and out-planning a lot of folks. My experience with Afrosquirrel is generally that they're very easy to deal with diplomatically, they're generally more happy to make deals than engage in bullying. Everyone else is comparatively new.

PurpleXVI fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Aug 28, 2021

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Other players about me: Terrifying, capable of outthinking and outplanning, Murderous

Me: Haha funny sacreds go brrrrrrr

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Jon Joe posted:

I will do this thread the favor of posting that game's gods after the game is over.

Here are the gods from the game where I designed everyone's gods, which is now over with a victory for ~~~Vanarus~~~

Asphodel:

Bandar Log:

Caelum:

C'tis:

Eiru:

Ind:

Mictlan:

Nazca:

Scelaria:

Uruk:

Vanarus:

Xibalba:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I ended up trying out both Xibalba's and Asphodel's.

Xibalba's is probably about the best you can do with that nation except why would you use a titan that always causes storms, and Asphodel's is the sort of thing where you either clinch a win in the first year by rushing people or you become a mockery for the rest of the game. Of course this meant I took over Asphodel at like the end of year 3. It was great at taking indie territory, which you could count on doing all game because you'd also be getting constant indie ATTACKS.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

PurpleXVI posted:

why would you use a titan that always causes storms

Through complete ignorance of that feature!

Ramc
May 4, 2008

I had a really good expansion thanks to the bee and mercilessly grinding through merc groups.

I would never sell anyone an item that gives H3 tho, lol. Like ever.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Why would you ever sell those for anything less than stupid amounts? Especially to a nation without native H3s.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

goatface posted:

Why would you ever sell those for anything less than stupid amounts? Especially to a nation without native H3s.

Probably if the person I was selling them to was known for going ai early, and had been crippled by a brutal early war.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Given how easily he agreed to paying 12, it feels like JonJoe was expecting to pay a lot more than that. Offhand (and with no idea how valuable they actually are), I'd guess something like 24-30.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

H3 is divine blessing on tap. I would charge an arm and a leg to sell that to the person who's leaning on sacreds this game.

LukasR23
Nov 25, 2019

CptWedgie posted:

Given how easily he agreed to paying 12, it feels like JonJoe was expecting to pay a lot more than that. Offhand (and with no idea how valuable they actually are), I'd guess something like 24-30.

They cost 12 Fire gems (and require Fire Magic at Lv5) to Forge. Basegame has only two magic items that can boost holy paths, both are swords and both are artifacts.

wiegieman posted:

H3 is divine blessing on tap. I would charge an arm and a leg to sell that to the person who's leaning on sacreds this game.

Looking back I REALLY shouldn't have sold them at all. But at least later on I learn from this and increase how much I'm charging fairly significantly. Apart from how little I charged I do think this was the right choice to some extent, as between my status as a friendly trading partner and the part where these are non-renewable (They're coded to not drop on death, like all Metal Slug Nation items) it kind of gave them a vested interest in keeping me alive.

...I think.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Also H3s can claim thrones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

LukasR23 posted:

They cost 12 Fire gems (and require Fire Magic at Lv5) to Forge. Basegame has only two magic items that can boost holy paths, both are swords and both are artifacts.

Looking back I REALLY shouldn't have sold them at all. But at least later on I learn from this and increase how much I'm charging fairly significantly. Apart from how little I charged I do think this was the right choice to some extent, as between my status as a friendly trading partner and the part where these are non-renewable (They're coded to not drop on death, like all Metal Slug Nation items) it kind of gave them a vested interest in keeping me alive.

...I think.

I think the rarity of the effect would let you price gouge pretty significantly, even with the fact that they're destroyed when their user dies. Especially if the effect itself is powerful on top of being rare.