Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy5rz1cft5w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

drat fuego scooped that second w already

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Fuego strikes me like the kinda guy who'll give you a small scoop to make you feel better.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he has a big old mouth. i have it under good authority that when fueigi was crying it looked like he was going "aoooooouuuuuuuuuuu" in a profoundly bold voice that shook the arena

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

andrade is going to go down as a what-if no matter what he does or how highly thought of he is by the end of his career and the reason cited will be his work ethic or some dumb poo poo. he has been failed and failed to impress the iwc in equal measure and in big ways for a little while now. iwc stands for influential wrestling critics. a few months back dave was saying andrade's gonna have to step up his game and keep it up to really shine in aew and it sounded like he was sure that is not going to happen. that and misunderstanding comments about charlotte are why andrade was already being a doofus @ david.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

scooped their own grave for fuego to bury them

Like, who the gently caress do they think they are? Did they think he wasn’t going to go public with this baby bullshit because they “exposed” him?

Personally, I didn’t believe it was a spur of the moment signing. It’d be kind of rude to keep it a secret from him, just to get the surprise on air. Regardless of whatever happened, I’m just happy Fuego got signed, and is living his best life right now.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Open Marriage Night posted:

Personally, I didn’t believe it was a spur of the moment signing. It’d be kind of rude to keep it a secret from him, just to get the surprise on air. Regardless of whatever happened, I’m just happy Fuego got signed, and is living his best life right now.

Nah, he’s been actively pursuing a contract so it’s not like they’re running the risk of him being surprised and upset by going “oh gently caress well now I feel like I have to sign even though I don’t really want to”.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I meant booking him to lose a match for a contract with no promise of signing him when you fully intend to do so sounds kind of mean. Maybe they did find a good way to do it without making the guy worry, because Tony seems like a stand up guy.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

How is that mean? He’s been working the story of trying to get signed for months, and he went out there completely aware that he was losing to Miro and so not getting any contract from the stipulation.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

some of us were discussing this the other day. me and one other. not to be difficult, but fuego was put on the spot and pressured into signing whatever was offered, basically off the back of the kayfabe idea that he is a very hard worker who isn't actually valuable, but deserves something for his hard work. this was later confirmed when they also filmed him signing the contract without reading it among his seniors who were also some of the vice presidents of the company as well. it's definitely not going to turn into a scandal, but it is actually a bit weird to do and not quite as heartwarming as it really is made out to be when you come at it from the perspective of a real life working person who considers themselves very valuable as all people should. i hope this makes sense and if not that's okay. it's most likely not important in this situation, so with that in mind please still be my friend even if you think this is very stupid

i forgot to add in the part where offering him the deal after he lost is something you do for "good guy points." it's the reason tony came out to remind everyone that he is specifically the one offering the contract. also not trying to poop on mr. khan.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 16, 2021

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It wasn't a loser leaves town match, though a few people have interpreted it that way. I don't think a bit of artificial suspense is particularly mean. Not in wrestling, the artform where performers regularly get dropped on their head.
e: I agree w/ cav though, and I hope they gave him a prop contract, and when backstage he was given time to actually read what he was signing. Probably not though, I bet he knew the standard deal.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He confirmed that he still has to negotiate and sign the actual contract on his twitch stream last night.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm sorry for lying to everyone. my comment is thoroughly destroyed by the info that Pylons posted. do not read my post. many people do not do that already

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Pylons posted:

He confirmed that he still has to negotiate and sign the actual contract on his twitch stream last night.

It is true most entertainment contracts at least have two levels of signing poo poo before they’re legal there’s a short form version and long form one, that’s my personal experience anyway so that’s not as bad as I thought initially. Signing any contract isn’t something anyone should be pressured into positively or otherwise though so it’s good he has actual time not televised to do that

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Breaking scoop! I have it on good authority that the contract John Cena signed on Smackdown was a fake and is not legally binding! My sources say Cena actually signed the deal to wrestle Roman Reigns weeks ago!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it wasn't on tv and was presented as real behind the scenes moments. please don't bully me further Gaz-L. i've already done everything i can to apologize for my lies

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I liked when the contract fell off the clipboard and he walked backstage with a plain clipboard

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They should have told him he couldn’t have his contract anymore because he was careless enough to leave the only copy behind in the ring so he obviously didn’t want it bad enough.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

History Comes Inside! posted:

They should have told him he couldn’t have his contract anymore because he was careless enough to leave the only copy behind in the ring so he obviously didn’t want it bad enough.

Some random fan picks it up and gets added to the roster

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Should have been a Loser Goes To NWA match

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I've watched Sammy's vlog, Fuego isn't a strong enough actor to pull off that emotional response on Friday without it being a surprise.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He was crying because he put all of his points into agility and perception, so he could read from all the way back in the ring that the contract that Tony and Sammy were about to bully him into signing on national television gave Tony Khan full custody of his children.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Manwithastick posted:

I liked when the contract fell off the clipboard and he walked backstage with a plain clipboard

Didn't this happen in a ladder match? It screams TNA to me but I want to say it was the Terri Invitational Tournament ladder match...

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don’t think they would have went along with the big contract signing segment involving his best friend if they weren’t at least mostly confident Fuego wanted the job.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Cav made a good point on another page about TK offering the contract and the timing of it and how it comes off as good pr even if it was planned.

AEW doing other good things:

https://twitter.com/stlanarchy/status/1427377598607331333?s=21

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

NienNunb posted:

I don’t think they would have went along with the big contract signing segment involving his best friend if they weren’t at least mostly confident Fuego wanted the job.

It's less an issue of Fuego wanting the job and more the details of the contract.

No matter how much you want a job, you should never sign a contract sight unseen and ideally you should have a lawyer look it over as well.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Renaissance Spam posted:

It's less an issue of Fuego wanting the job and more the details of the contract.

No matter how much you want a job, you should never sign a contract sight unseen and ideally you should have a lawyer look it over as well.

Good thing he didn’t then and already said he’s still negotiating the actual specifics of it

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I know when I sign a contract it always has the name of the company in big block letters and a single line for a signature and thats it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I know when I sign a contract it always has the name of the company in big block letters and a single line for a signature and thats it

and it refers to me as the Master of the Tornado DDT

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Shard posted:

Can you imagine the stories Ric has about wrestling all over the world? If I were a wrestler I'd love to just talk to him to compare then and now and pick his brain.

https://youtu.be/HQ7mJFNkLAU

Basically this but also drinking and some drugs

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1427431377000144902

https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1427432070918311936

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

I think it’s awesome that Taz is so quick to jump to defend Griff.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

also it is only two pages long and says that i am the master of the tornado DDT in it, only way i sign

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

all time tweet king

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

stop bullying taz. he's sorry for lying

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Lamuella posted:

(eats) Butt "The Shitman" Fart.

got me again

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Alaois posted:

and it refers to me as the Master of the Tornado DDT

I mean, that alone is worth signing for. Think of the merch possibilities!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

A Real Horse posted:

I think it’s awesome that Taz is so quick to jump to defend Griff.

Far cry from the days of burying the ivy league gimmick

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The Varsity Blondes are feral high schoolers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

fez_machine posted:

Far cry from the days of burying the ivy league gimmick