Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Judakel posted:

sounds like soon you won't need any newsletters

it's true, covid is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Iron Crowned posted:

What is an NPI?

This is another good question (along with the answer) to put in the OP. Other than actual medical people and folks here who have been obsessively doomposting accurately predicting the future throughout the epidemic, nobody is really familiar with the term.

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

going out to eat downtown (safely)

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Have we considered asking covid to leave nicely

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhrIVXJwhH4

reposting the good stuff from the last thread

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Thoguh posted:

If Mastershakeman stopped posting then each of us would have to start wondering if we were the biggest idiot in the thread.

I think the forum actually keeps track. Click the number next to the author of the thread's name in your UCP.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
posting on the Covid page

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Vox Nihili posted:

So one thing of note is that we definitely aren't actually getting meaningfully reduced carbon emissions. You'd need to kill an enormous number of people to move the carbon needle. Ten or twenty million dead does nothing.

we could get pretty good results if a certain few thousand people died. the ones who do more damage to the environment than millions of poor people, you know, the ones with vanity space programs who have to fly private jets and helicopters everywhere.

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Cloks posted:

meme of the decade, or the next ten pages, whichever comes first

salient
Jan 2, 2021

quote:

Leaders,

Please notify your staff that we now need to be masked 100% of the time without exception.  What seems to be clear is that the delta variant is more transmissible then the original strand. Those that are vaccinated are still likely to get it, but it hopefully will be mild in most cases.  We do have several vaccinated team members in [region] that are COVID+ and are doing our best to cover that operation. [Hospital system] had already placed the mask mandate in place, but we allowed some leniency at your own station.  That has now changed. 

Effective immediately:

1 Mask is required 100% of the time while at work.
2 Mask must be properly worn over nose and mouth
3 Outdoors – may be without mask if alone
4 Leaders, supervisors, and team leaders will be asked to strictly enforce the policy
5 Symptoms should be reported to [screening app] and noted that you are an employee an need tested as an “Urgent” and to be sure you are covered for pay purposes. 
6   Diligent daily cleaning at stations and personal hygiene!!!!

I do apologize and know that masking is inconvenient. ☹  Thank you for doing your part. 

mask-free pregnant dayshift medic was sneezing and coughing everywhere as we made shift change this morning

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
It's nice to get a new thread

The last one was getting a little... congested

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
The other day I took a 70 yof home from the ED who tested positive for COVID-19 a week before and now had a store throat. Responding EMS had tried to convince her that the sore throat was because of covid and she shouldn't go, but she went anyhow, and the ED told her she had covid and to go home.

Anyhow when I went into the room to get her on my stretcher she asked me if I'd farted. I said no, she said she did, and had been farting a lot lately.

The viral plumes are real, folks.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

we could get pretty good results if a certain few thousand people died. the ones who do more damage to the environment than millions of poor people, you know, the ones with vanity space programs who have to fly private jets and helicopters everywhere.

Unfortunately, they're the least likely to die from COVID. The current strains, anyway. Maybe some enterprising student in a lab with a protein printer could graft those 20 mutations onto the Modi variant to give it full escape properties, stick in the ones to make it SARS-level deadly for good measure, and then release it at Davos.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Covid--19 Coronavirus

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's nice to get a new thread

The last one was getting a little... congested

last thread's x-ray came back with ground glass in the posts

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I heard my fav chud conspiracy theory today at my apartment.

The 600K people who died, we weren't sure it was COV19, the media exaggerates things!

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

etalian posted:

The 600K people who died, we weren't sure it was COV19, the media exaggerates things!

And also the whole world is in on it

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Cloks posted:

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Thoguh posted:

If Mastershakeman stopped posting then each of us would have to start wondering if we were the biggest idiot in the thread.

It seems worth it

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

etalian posted:

yeah it could be anything, like allergies

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
On this page, things are novel.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
New thread, same threat.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What are the goon approved supplies for KN95 and N95 masks?

I trust only the collective wisdom.

KN95 = https://bonafidemasks.com/face-masks/
KF94 = https://behealthyusa.net/collections/masks
N95 = https://www.grainger.com/search/saf...5&filters=attrs

There are others but there's a starting point.

Edit: Check the "MASK UP" tab in this doc for more options. It's mostly about respirators (hint hint) but there are disposable masks further down in the "Other Maks" section. Plenty of options there.

wash bucket fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 17, 2021

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Shoutout to this post for mentioning Zoro

was able to buy a respirator + filter/backup filter for the same price as just the respirator on amazon

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
wait, what's covid-19?

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

this is great news for my crowdsourced oxygen and ventilator sharing app called intuber

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

crepeface posted:

wait, what's covid-19?

A Demoncrat hoax.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Spoondick posted:

this is great news for my crowdsourced oxygen and ventilator sharing app called intuber

prepare for a patent suit from match group

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Nothus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhrIVXJwhH4

reposting the good stuff from the last thread

cool

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cloks posted:

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

crepeface posted:

wait, what's covid-19?

it's the hottest new thing in Sydney right now, we'll send you some!

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Helith posted:

it's the hottest new thing in Sydney right now, we'll send you some!

Ohhhhh. I get it now. It's your word for the flu, like how you say "removalists" instead of "movers" like everybody else does.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
43k to go until peak hospitalizations. At current rates, this will occur in or around August 31st.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Cloks posted:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Seems to me like there's nothing to see here, COVID is over and we aren't on track to blow right past the hospitalizations from last winter.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Cloks posted:

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1427438032936898563?s=21

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/FOX13News/status/1427438792160460811?s=20

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1427435208530305032?s=20

if lockdowns worked, the number of cases would go down :downs:

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

So, like, what happens if the feds say no? Do they just leave 'em out in the sun, or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Korean Boomhauer posted:

hearty lol remembering that one model very early on that showed the roni dropping to zero cases the next day, every day

There's always a model that shows covid dropping to 0 in about a month.

EVERY loving WEEK there's a couple models that say we can land a critical hit on covid and make it instantly disappear. There's one model that puts 0 covid cases within a week inside its 95% confidence model, and multiple that say it's possible in 4 weeks. I love when they include 0 covid cases in the next weeks predictions, because the forecasts are made 2 days before the start of the week. So the model is saying that covid could literally instantly disappear, and no one who has already taken a test when the model was publish would test positive, and that no one would test positive for the next 7 days. No one entering the country will have covid, no outstanding tests will have covid, no one in hospitals will test positive, no positive tests anywhere in the country. It's the Zapp Brannigan model that predicts we're gonna hit covid's kill counter and the virus will just shut down globally.

EVERY loving WEEK they publish that same prediction of "COVID goes away in a few weeks".