Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

EvilJoven posted:

We have the same cat.

Does yours go from rumbly and cuddly to bitey at a moment's notice, too?

:3:
You might have his evil twin, this one is the most all-around chill cat I've ever been around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Oh hey it's Every Tattoo!

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

i'm running a filter that removes blue colours in the evening and the night to help me fall asleep better, and this snake was the most beautiful emerald green last time I saw it.
but isn't it one of those angry venomous ones you don't want to bother?

and if kitty sixers are still handed out can I have one with Mr Meagle, please?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Organza Quiz posted:

It's better than about 95% of tattoos.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Cartoon Man posted:

https://youtu.be/AdCU75EMqh4

If you hit play, I guarantee it will be the best four minutes of your day.

This reminds me of the themes to Escape from New York and Terminator and now I want this dude to do covers.

Tax:

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

i'm running a filter that removes blue colours in the evening and the night to help me fall asleep better, and this snake was the most beautiful emerald green last time I saw it.

Yeah, that's a white-lipped viper, and they're generally a pretty cranky snake that you shouldn't get close to. Whoever is holding that rose either doesn't know, or is acting pretty irresponsible. It's still pretty, tho.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Organza Quiz posted:

im pretty but full of hemotoxic venom :3:

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

bush viper

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/bobbydx2095/status/1425525901534580738?s=20

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

someone smarter than me tell me why only the nose works. she rubbed the light switches head, and no change.

i'm assuming like bare flesh, and then the toe beans. Or, the moistishness of the nose, versus fur?

Cartoon Man posted:

This is like a fidget toy, times 1000

Can you imagine having the last name Gurdy, and NOT playing the Hurdy-Gurdy :derp:

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

I wanna be that cat

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Duke, Lulu, and Taco, respectfully.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

blight rhino posted:

someone smarter than me tell me why only the nose works. she rubbed the light switches head, and no change.

i'm assuming like bare flesh, and then the toe beans. Or, the moistishness of the nose, versus fur?

Yep, you got it. The fur is too resistant, so the biolectric charge in the bodies is not detected in the lamps capacitance amount. The nose though provides a nice surface to complete the "circuit" to the lamp.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

MrYenko posted:

Duke, Lulu, and Taco, respectfully.

All absolutely glorious. Please give them all treats.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Cartoon Man posted:

It's breaking my brain trying to work out how the instrument works.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Hyperlynx posted:

I guessed before clicking that it was gonna be a hurdy gurdy solely based on this comment :v:

CH Science
Sep 11, 2019

Darwin enjoys the sun existing

Buffy is learning to love it

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Hyperlynx posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurdy-gurdy

The strings run across a wheel - turning the wheel vibrates the main strings, and several drone strings. The main strings can be played by with the buttons, which press against the strings to produce the desired pitch. You can also lift that cover and directly manipulate the strings, playing it like a fretless guitar.

This particular one is amped up and run through a looper and several different effects pedals.

e: not so much a fretless guitar - the whole thing is kind of an auto-fiddle

Loden Taylor fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 17, 2021

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Loden Taylor posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurdy-gurdy

The strings run across a wheel - turning the wheel vibrates the main strings, and several drone strings. The main strings can be played by with the buttons, which press against the strings to produce the desired pitch. You can also lift that cover and directly manipulate the strings, playing it like a fretless guitar.

This particular one is amped up and run through a looper and several different effects pedals.

The particular bit that was confusing me is how when he had the lid open any did things at one end it made the pitch change in one direction, but when he was just pressing the buttons at that end it made the pitch change in the other direction.

On reflection, maybe he was doing harmonics.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

CH Science posted:

Darwin enjoys the sun existing

Buffy is learning to love it

This dog looks very different from behind. More so than you would expect from a normal dog.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Oh my god yours has a smudge in the exact same spot. Someone cloned our cats.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I often claim that black cats are the best, but there's a solid claim to be made that giant fluffy gray tabbies with white bibs are also the best

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

blight rhino posted:

What did you think people mean when they call it a "button nose?"

Also, I've been listening to hurdy gurdy music all day thanks to you all. I even browsed them on ebay, and holy moley it's pricey for even a basic one. They're such complex machines, and not many people are making them.

EDIT: VVVVVV

Understandable.

Uganda Loves Me fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 17, 2021

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Uganda Loves Me posted:

What did you think people mean when they call it a "button nose?"

Also, I've been listening to hurdy gurdy music all day thanks to you all. I even browsed them on ebay, and holy moley it's pricey for even a basic one. They're such complex machines, and not many people are making them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV__C64Ni50

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Captain Hygiene posted:

I often claim that black cats are the best, but there's a solid claim to be made that giant fluffy gray tabbies with white bibs are also the best

Sometimes they're the best, but that particular one that day was all pivoty ears kitty and obviously tired of my poo poo.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Per all the top comments: "You bought a hurdy gurdy without thinking and needed a reason to write it off on your taxes didn't you?"

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

EvilJoven posted:

Oh my god yours has a smudge in the exact same spot. Someone cloned our cats.

Cat clones, cat clones.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

davidspackage posted:

Holy poo poo. Not only is the instrument a whole orchestra in one, but his hands & feet coordination is amazing too.

https://youtu.be/S5nHjCWl_Xg

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Using photoshop's colorblind filters, it doesn't look so bad if you view it through a snake's eyes which are dichromatic and only see in blue and green. But it really depends on how its prey see things.

Such as with the colouration of red pandas. They're incredibly obvious to us, but to a predator with deuteranopia or protanopia they're almost invisible in the trees.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Aug 17, 2021

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

coolusername posted:

Cat clones, cat clones.
Whatcha gonna do?
Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Give em pets. Duh.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210813-serbian-cave-hermit-gets-covid-19-jab-urges-others-to-follow

A blessed article. Serbian Cave Hermit owns.

The further down the article you read, the more blessed it gets.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Aug 17, 2021

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Cartoon Man posted:

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210813-serbian-cave-hermit-gets-covid-19-jab-urges-others-to-follow

"In my cave, nobody hassles me".

:same:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

"In my cave, nobody hassles me".

:same:

I’m worried that when Serbian Cave Hermit goes viral, internet idiots will flock to his cave and hassle him.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
only a fool would do that instead of find their own cave

i've been living in a cave for decades now, i recommend everyone reject the polluted world we find ourselves in, and if you aren't able to fix it join me in our ancestral condition: living within a hole in the ground and making GBS threads and pissing in rusted out tubs

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Don't forget also having a huge pig as your best friend. :3:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

I’m worried that when Serbian Cave Hermit goes viral, internet idiots will flock to his cave and hassle him.

I thought the shot was supposed to protect him from that :confused:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

e: Apparently there have been sightings for years so it's not just the one.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cartoon Man posted:

I thought it was weird that I haven't seen Zizek in a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

It is Black Cat Appreciation day.

Post em if you got em.