Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
The Taliban would have discovered Kazaa and broken into infighting over whether they should spend the day downloading the new Spiderman movie or Monsters Inc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/NutDivide/status/1427468346409177091?s=20

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
lmao HE'S BACK

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I helped the people of Afghanistan by giving medical aid to our soldiers who protected the pedophile warlords

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymTseMd56x4

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Gazpacho posted:

there wasn't any netflix in 2001, they would have had to use realplayer and I dont even want to think about afghans' reaction to that

Speaking of realplayer, who remembers all the racist flash cartoon propaganda going around post-911?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhE1lVjsznw

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skooma512 posted:

Speaking of realplayer, who remembers all the racist flash cartoon propaganda going around post-911?

This, this is the Rosetta Stone to the zeitgeist of the esrly aughties that other goon was saying later generations would need

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRl3r4q_dUY

spacemang_spliff has issued a correction as of 05:07 on Aug 17, 2021

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

ram dass in hell posted:

I woke up this morning and the first thing i saw was a video of a desperate person falling hundreds of feet from the wheel well of an airplane leaving kabul idk it seems suboptimal

Smythe posted:

he was a pro skydiver and actually had one of those cool sky surfboards. i was there and can confirm. all is well in beautiful afghanistan.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

skooma512 posted:

It's weird in retrospect that 14 y/o me was walking out of class to join anti-war protests and also sharing this sort of stuff on AIM/message boards.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Asproigerosis posted:

I changed the thread title back you babies. Maybe next time get more learned on the delaware lore.

delaware isnt real, but pedophilia is

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
https://twitter.com/CombatJourno/status/1427302255825465345

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

TheSlutPit posted:

It's weird in retrospect that 14 y/o me was walking out of class to join anti-war protests and also sharing this sort of stuff on AIM/message boards.

osama dying was cool and the bombs that miss just hit empty ground and not weddings and hospitals.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

CSPAM:

Noblesse Obliged posted:

we’re going to have to make some kind of Rosetta Stone for future people to even be able to conceptualize what they are seeing from this period of time because it is so far removed from normal human thoughts and emotions

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

I remember some Halloween Flash animation where Al Qaeda were being crushed by giant candy and Bin Laden gets squashed by a giant jack-o-lantern and thought it was funny as hell when I was 12. We've all been there. The internet during the Bush years was wild.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

cenotaph posted:

Dude has better muzzle discipline than some people I've hunted with.

Are Americans still pretending guns are some forbidden rocket science that only they are intellectually qualified in the world to operate

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Unoriginal Name posted:

Man, that network TV show about the fish-out-of-water Afghan interpreter must be doing some serious rewrites right now, lol

MAKES U THINK DUNNIT. MAYHAPS THIS SHOW IS NOT AS INNOCENT AS WE HAVE BEEN LEAD TO BELIEVE? AN OP PERHAPS? HMM??????? PSYOP??? :psyboom:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

OK baizuo posted:

This, this is the Rosetta Stone to the zeitgeist of the esrly aughties that other goon was saying later generations would need

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
gotta admit when 80%-95% of the people loudly complaining are blood gargling psycopaths and the idiots who blindly spout whatever they say i'm having a hard time being mad about the situation

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

well I made this for the covid thread but seems appropriate to dump it here too

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Brrrmph posted:

One of the myths being peddled by US media is Afghan government we installed was somehow Uber progressive and treated women equally. I’m sure it was still lovely for women’s rights, glbtq+, ethnic groups, etc.

That said, taliban has gotta be worse it seems.

If it were really about gender rights then Iran would be the good guys and SA would be the bad guys 🙏

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Smythe posted:

MAKES U THINK DUNNIT. MAYHAPS THIS SHOW IS NOT AS INNOCENT AS WE HAVE BEEN LEAD TO BELIEVE? AN OP PERHAPS? HMM??????? PSYOP??? :psyboom:

Crack ping

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Schnorkles posted:

gotta admit when 80%-95% of the people loudly complaining are blood gargling psycopaths and the idiots who blindly spout whatever they say i'm having a hard time being mad about the situation

Agreed. God is Great.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I remember some Halloween Flash animation where Al Qaeda were being crushed by giant candy and Bin Laden gets squashed by a giant jack-o-lantern and thought it was funny as hell when I was 12. We've all been there. The internet during the Bush years was wild.

anyone else remember bush shootout

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I am absolutely loving shocked at the level of incompetence. Like holy poo poo.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Schnorkles posted:

gotta admit when 80%-95% of the people loudly complaining are blood gargling psychopathic cowards and the idiots who blindly spout whatever they say i'm having a hard time being mad about the situation

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Just remember this exact failed machismo is exactly what was had in mind when the feds militarized local police departments and empowered these folks...

https://twitter.com/trishakeeling/status/1426320759190810625

Man Musk has issued a correction as of 05:29 on Aug 17, 2021

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

TheSlutPit posted:

lol how are they so similar

It's like reddit; people there often talk normally, but only posts that are in a certain voice get any amplification

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I am absolutely loving shocked at the level of incompetence. Like holy poo poo.

user name post combo

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

o7

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Tnega posted:

tithin posted:

gently caress me dead the passive language on that poo poo

"A second stowaway attempted to board the aircraft but departed sometime between departure and arrival"

you could just say "fell to their death" but no, gotta make it look boring as poo poo
Well, we don't call them dearly departed for nothing. :(

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/queeralamode/status/1427044351775961090

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Smythe posted:

so, the fish... is a terrorist?? and it's an interpreter in the suburbs? is this like that movie where the dolphin is trained by the deep state to kill the president? is joe biden in danger?????? i thought afghanistan was landlocked, how the gently caress do they have assasisn fish

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
tbh all the chatter from average joe Americans being Tired of a forever war they suffer not one iota personally for, and stopped paying attention to twelve years ago is pretty lol. yeah yeah you extremely Don't Care about the war where your billion dollar team couldn't do poo poo to beat the guys with ham radios and eighty year old guns, mhm.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Yes the aughties were a pretty gross period. Thank you Obama for giving us that Kruschev moment of release.

Man Musk has issued a correction as of 05:40 on Aug 17, 2021

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
white house breaking out the vintage excuses. ahhh yeah, those viet- uh, afghans just didn't want freedom enough. we fought with honor. it was really impossible, they're impossible to civilize. pass me another case of that good Old Janx Copium. *starcraft stim pack sfx*

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
If you want an actual quality war in Afghanistan movie watch 2015's Good Kill

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

It was almost an exercise in how much the US could control Pakistan. Following the whims of Musharraf is hardly a strategy for 1/7th of the world's surface area and population . . .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Nice that soros and his billions have a direct hand in US-Afghanistan politics so the far right can easily slap jew hatred onto the stab in the back excuse that is soon to surface