Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
pretty cool that the most irresponsible and annoying people in America perpetually get what they want at the expense of people who are desperately trying to do the right thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poke
Mar 1, 2004

Zeroisanumber posted:

Conventional wisdom seems to be a month after you recover.

How you feeling?

Sore throat and tired. I’m lucky my company is letting me quarantine in empty company trailer in the deepest depths of the Louisiana Bayou. I’m over an hour away from New Orleans if poo poo hits the fan though. Yikes.

On a lighter note the Doctor gave a smirk and said “Pfizer, huh.” when he read my chart.

Won’t I be super dosed up after getting 2 Pfizer shots, getting Covid and then getting a Moderna Booster afterwards?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'm too loving lazy to pull the data for this thread, but anyone here can go find the numbers for German vaccinations vs. German deaths from Delta compared to the US.

lol

A little under 60% fully vaxx'd. Looks like Delta hasn't hit hard yet but it's ramping up.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Oh, look at meee, I'm an Americannn and see a whole 5-10% masking at the stooore during a respiratory pandemiiic! La-dee-dah!

I don't see anyone wearing a mask anymore unless I pass by a reflective surface. :lmao:

silicone thrills posted:

Tink enjoys the fact that I never leave the house anymore

That's a good cat.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Poke posted:

Sore throat and tired. I’m lucky my company is letting me quarantine in empty company trailer in the deepest depths of the Louisiana Bayou. I’m over an hour away from New Orleans if poo poo hits the fan though. Yikes.

On a lighter note the Doctor gave a smirk and said “Pfizer, huh.” when he read my chart.

Won’t I be super dosed up after getting 2 Pfizer shots, getting Covid and then getting a Moderna Booster afterwards?

what an idiot of a doctor for being maskless in the presence of a covid patient. good grief. I hope you feel better soon.

Do we have stats on moderna-pfizer crossing? I'm a Moderna and it sounds like I don't wanna outcross to pfizer.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Poke posted:

Hole up with a ton of fluids and painkillers for the joint and muscle pain and then just monitor your O2. If it drops below 90% go in.

The joint pain and exhaustion were the worst symptoms for me. I think I went through more than 100 ibuprofen tablets over the course of two weeks.

Oh, make sure to call your loved ones because it will make you feel better and they're gonna worry.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone referenced a spreadsheet that goons were keeping track of PPE in - does anyone have a link to that so we can add it to the OP?

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Wife came home after working 5 12-hour ICU shifts in the last 7 days and just sat with a thousand yard stare for about an hour eating dinner.

So basically covid is over.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

https://twitter.com/DankSinatra06/status/1427393934955778051

:drat:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Poke posted:

I got the 2nd Pfizer shot at the end of April. Got rapid tested Sunday cuz 2 coworkers tested positive. Yup. I got it too. In the hopeful event that I recover when should I lie and get the drat Moderna booster?

Pray for me

What was the masking sitch

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Poke posted:

lol doompilled af. real sicko poo poo

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Zeroisanumber posted:

A little under 60% fully vaxx'd. Looks like Delta hasn't hit hard yet but it's ramping up.

ie, about 10% ahead of the US. le mao

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Third dosed at the local Rite-Aid yesterday, mostly bogus/untraceable info given, no insurance, no ID. They didn't care beyond verifying with me that I actually didn't have any insurance to offer. No hassle, no stress, got jabbed while having a pleasant chat about my old-rear end 80's-band shoulder tattoo with the technician who very kindly humored me by pretending to know who Oingo Boingo even was.

People are not kidding when they say the Moderna hits harder than the Pfizer. I'm at the fever stage now...I think tomorrow's gonna really suck.

Apr 7, 2003

ram dass in hell posted:

lol doompilled af. real sicko poo poo

Physicians have always been the original shitposters. real gross fuckers.

Apr 7, 2003

Plastic Pal posted:

Third dosed at the local Rite-Aid yesterday,
When I was 19 I used to bang a woman whose dad was a founding vice president of Rite Aid.

No other story here, just wanted to say that I had sex with someone important once.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

[COVID-19] Use the boost to get thru

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
I went cycling yesterday and overheard two separate conversations about people talking about how the upcoming vaccine passport was so unfair (I'm in Quebec) and how people call them conspiracy theorists for their beliefs. My only solace is that given vaccination rates in the province, these people are in the minority but it sucks being reminded they exist. The best bicycle rides are when you meet no one at all

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
why does the thread prefer moderna over pfizer? is it just because u want as much juice in you as possible? because if so i understand

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
Oh yeah, NZ also has an example of how fast and easy delta is to transmit.
https://twitter.com/NZStuff/status/1427419181419425801?s=19

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

By the end of next week Abbot will be imprisoning anyone who refuses to let COVID -positive people spit in their mouth.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Poke posted:

:negative:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

third booster shots for everyone eh?

looks like the girls and boys of cspam were right again

Apr 7, 2003

Blaziken386 posted:

why does the thread prefer moderna over pfizer? is it just because u want as much juice in you as possible? because if so i understand

Last time I read this thread Pfizer was the good one

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

delta

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Petanque posted:

I went cycling yesterday and overheard two separate conversations about people talking about how the upcoming vaccine passport was so unfair (I'm in Quebec) and how people call them conspiracy theorists for their beliefs. My only solace is that given vaccination rates in the province, these people are in the minority but it sucks being reminded they exist. The best bicycle rides are when you meet no one at all

Depending on how long this drags on, vaccine passports required for doctor/hospital admission might become a thing

It would either spark a mass vaccination surge, or those same people would resign themselves to death

Not like they haven't already resigned themselves to death, but at least it would be on the books

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

laying in bed with my cat, thinking about delta

Apr 7, 2003

McNugget Buddy posted:

Depending on how long this drags on, vaccine passports required for doctor/hospital admission might become a thing

It would either spark a mass vaccination surge, or those same people would resign themselves to death

Not like they already haven't resigned themselves to death, but at least it would be on the books

Vaccines have been necessary to participate in public life in the US for over a century

I know this because my dad was a giant dickhead right wing fuckface who insisted I didn't need vaccines to enter school

Right now I'm trying to get a passport with a provisional birth certificate, thanks dad.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

slinkimalinki posted:

Oh yeah, NZ also has an example of how fast and easy delta is to transmit.
https://twitter.com/NZStuff/status/1427419181419425801?s=19

coke?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

washington state is on fire, hospitalizations for the state just passed their winter surge peak and have zero sign of stopping

case counts are skyrocketing exponentially too

pretty drat strange we have so much more hospitalizations now relative to cases compared to the winter surge!

also king county is still shooting up and about a week away from blowing past its winter surge hospitalizations. this is one of the best vaccincated areas in the country!

mask mandate when Gov. Inslee!???
lmao and the restaurants are packed
even the international district is done with covid
this pho spot pre-covid i would frequent had at least 50+ people in there
i mean that pho is good but i don't know about dying for good
eating delicious pho, what a way to go

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Blaziken386 posted:

moderna seems to rank highest whenever effectiveness studies come out

moderna army 4 lyfe

Apr 7, 2003

Tzen posted:

lmao and the restaurants are packed
even the international district is done with covid
this pho spot pre-covid i would frequent had at least 50+ people in there
i mean that pho is good but i don't know about dying for good
eating delicious pho, what a way to go

Stay home

it'll be okay

just stay home

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
Deltarune variant

Iverron
May 13, 2012

i am harry posted:

its own reward

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Kreeblah posted:

Hmmm. Maybe my friend Max Titers should get his unofficial third now-ish, and then an official third at the actual 8-month period. Should provide some good protection until then, and then jack them titers way the gently caress up.

yeah does this mean the immunocompromised people will be on shot #4 by Christmas? :lol:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

i am harry posted:

lots of people focus on cspam being wrong about election predictions but its right about basically everything else

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Pfizer's still A tier though
I'm going to try to boost up to S tier by getting moderna when boosters eventually hit Aus

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

opem bidun

Apr 7, 2003

Just stay home.

Not even being ironic.

Americans aren't wilding out at your house

There is no transmission at your apartment

Read some books

Catch up on your TV backlog

Watch some good seventies cinema

Just stay home. There's no shame in that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

open biden is going to kill thousands of children and maim hundreds of thousands, if not more, and i have no idea how to not feel completely despondent over it lmao