Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Chakan posted:

Probably the worst part about being rich would be that you have to deal with the most selfish and cruel people in the world. The "not having to work" thing is probably a nice balm, though.

There was a bit on the show some years ago about Scott Walker making a big thing of eating a ham sandwich every day, and the thought popped into my head that I’d be less offended if he was doing satanic orgies. He spent years immiserating the state of Wisconsin, then goes home and eats ham loving sandwiches.

I’m starting to put together a dumb joke/theory about how the true depravity of the ruling class isn’t some Wide Eyes Shut poo poo, it’s that they still go to office jobs that they’re rich enough to avoid doing. Humans generally have to keep busy. There’s tough/boring work that can help people, and there stuff that doesn’t help but at least might be fun or creative, but they chose the worst of both worlds.

They don’t hurt people for fun, they forgo fun in order to hurt more people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Or how Tom Cotton’s favorite ‘cheat’ thing is to eat an entire store birthday cake

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FlamingLiberal posted:

Or how Tom Cotton’s favorite ‘cheat’ thing is to eat an entire store birthday cake

It's even more hosed up - he runs every day so he can have one (1) slice of white grocery store birthday cake per day.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Does he put on his birthday boy hat while he eats it?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Dr Christmas posted:

There was a bit on the show some years ago about Scott Walker making a big thing of eating a ham sandwich every day, and the thought popped into my head that I’d be less offended if he was doing satanic orgies. He spent years immiserating the state of Wisconsin, then goes home and eats ham loving sandwiches.

I’m starting to put together a dumb joke/theory about how the true depravity of the ruling class isn’t some Wide Eyes Shut poo poo, it’s that they still go to office jobs that they’re rich enough to avoid doing. Humans generally have to keep busy. There’s tough/boring work that can help people, and there stuff that doesn’t help but at least might be fun or creative, but they chose the worst of both worlds.

They don’t hurt people for fun, they forgo fun in order to hurt more people.

The only story I ever heard that somewhat humanized the Trump family is when I was in High School in upstate NY and the Trumps bought a ton of used construction vehicles from a local dealer very cheaply because apparently Robert Trump’s main pastime is inviting over local guys from local sports bars to come play on his property by driving around the big Catterpillar bulldozers and back hoes. He’d just roll into the bar and start buying drinks for everyone and then cram 3-4 guys into a limo and go up to his house where he basically just had a gigantic sandbox and they would get wasted and dig big holes and knock trees over. A couple of our dad’s got to go and they all said it was the best day of their lives.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Bust Rodd posted:

The only story I ever heard that somewhat humanized the Trump family is when I was in High School in upstate NY and the Trumps bought a ton of used construction vehicles from a local dealer very cheaply because apparently Robert Trump’s main pastime is inviting over local guys from local sports bars to come play on his property by driving around the big Catterpillar bulldozers and back hoes. He’d just roll into the bar and start buying drinks for everyone and then cram 3-4 guys into a limo and go up to his house where he basically just had a gigantic sandbox and they would get wasted and dig big holes and knock trees over. A couple of our dad’s got to go and they all said it was the best day of their lives.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Was that the alcoholic pilot kid? He always seemed like the only human being in that family.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It was bin Laden jfc

Obama was a coward for not capturing him and then telling the lie that he was armed as an excuse to kill him.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1426894780697612293?s=19

Virgil has secretly been in Afghanistan these past few months, fulton recovering women with the help of his podcasting Mother base comrades.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

Virgil has secretly been in Afghanistan these past few months, fulton recovering women with the help of his podcasting Mother base comrades.

Marianne Williamson is assembling the worst Expendables team ever

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

prefect posted:

Was that the alcoholic pilot kid? He always seemed like the only human being in that family.

Trump’s other brother was basically just a gay guy who drank himself to death 35 years ago.

drat it’s so funny that Trump’s brother died from COVID-19 and they had to cover it up, lmao.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

podcasters assemble

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Gonzo McFee posted:

American troops in Afghanistan being gunned down in the streets because Jimmy Dore didn't want to send any of the military transport planes under his control.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

American troops in Afghanistan being gunned down in the streets because Jimmy Dore didn't want to send any of the military transport planes under his control.

https://twitter.com/nycguidovoice/status/1427020785135366144

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Groovelord Neato posted:

It was bin Laden jfc

Obama was a coward for not capturing him and then telling the lie that he was armed as an excuse to kill him.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/queeralamode/status/1426990554584256512?s=20

smdh can't believe this is Matt's favorite show.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Dr Christmas posted:

The ruling class is still out there doing Jeffrey Epstein poo poo. People like Scott Walker and Tom Cotton are the ice-cube-chewing psychopaths they hire to administer the government. And in an age where capital runs toward immediate hyperexploitation of any identifiable resource, the professional bureaucracy is going to be led by grotesque monomaniacs who live for the process.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 24, 2021

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Maybe they just really think they’re doing something worthwhile.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Oh wow, turns out that it’s the American people’s fault for failures in Afghanistan and not the foreign policy blob, elected officials, or the military!

https://twitter.com/bobbybigwheel/status/1427297444635811853?s=21

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

FlamingLiberal posted:

Oh wow, turns out that it’s the American people’s fault for failures in Afghanistan and not the foreign policy blob, elected officials, or the military!

https://twitter.com/bobbybigwheel/status/1427297444635811853?s=21

It's getting annoying how many people are denying the fact that the entire failure of Afghanistan can be laid on the poor performance of American troops.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

Gripweed posted:

It's getting annoying how many people are denying the fact that the entire failure of Afghanistan can be laid on the poor performance of American troops.

Booing at our team for daring to lose and chucking abuse and beer bottles at them

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

Booing at our team for daring to lose and chucking abuse and beer bottles at them

They should have to pay back all their G.I.Bill benefits

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

Gripweed posted:

I don't know what you're talking about, the troops did a GREAT job of bursting into villages in the middle of the night, shooting random people, and then rolling out and/or just drone striking weddings from an air-conditioned room in Las Vegas.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

This is the average American soldier

https://twitter.com/PatrickLoller/status/1427361263898796032?s=20

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

this guy should hook up with the 'hey kiddo' lady

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Man, if only there were some way to agree with what he said but also think the troops themselves are bad. IF ONLY there was some way to believe TWO THINGS simultaneously. But alas.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

If this guy wasn't so busy making TikTok videos we would have won in Afghanistan.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Look, I’m not a military guy, but maybe if 41 countries are all working together to uproot the Taliban from Afghanistan over a period of 30 years you have to accept that you just totally loving suck at whatever you’re doing and you got owned.

https://twitter.com/bloodberry_tart/status/1427443859806691332?s=21

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Aug 17, 2021

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

afghanistan should get the USA's security council seat now imo

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Maybe the CIA shouldn't have been using death squads straight out of the Phoenix program.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Guns ablazin this episode, and couldn't expect anything else. Also, love Matt's George Lucas.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Yestermoment posted:

Guns ablazin this episode, and couldn't expect anything else.

it got the closest we’re going to get to another duck hunt

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
The stream with bloodberrytart was pretty good. Just them talking about all the Fromsoft games while playing. Also I remembered how having that Father Gascoigne fight as the first mandatory boss is pretty sadistic. I wonder how many people just quit the game after dying so many times to that.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Dr.Radical posted:

The stream with bloodberrytart was pretty good. Just them talking about all the Fromsoft games while playing. Also I remembered how having that Father Gascoigne fight as the first mandatory boss is pretty sadistic. I wonder how many people just quit the game after dying so many times to that.

it's not mandatory, new players can (and often do) fight cleric beast before pappa g

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

crepeface posted:

it's not mandatory, new players can (and often do) fight cleric beast before pappa g

Read again. Notice the order of words this time.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Cael posted:

Man, if only there were some way to agree with what he said but also think the troops themselves are bad. IF ONLY there was some way to believe TWO THINGS simultaneously. But alas.

Exasperated infomercial moron, pondering each thought separately before developing a headache: "there's got to be another way!"

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

it's free real estate

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Flaskraven posted:

Read again. Notice the order of words this time.

hmm, i see.

i feel like having other bosses you can kill for the insight you need before gascoigne so you can shop and level up makes this a bad complaint since it's not like the game gets easier afterwards.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

crepeface posted:

hmm, i see.

i feel like having other bosses you can kill for the insight you need before gascoigne so you can shop and level up makes this a bad complaint since it's not like the game gets easier afterwards.

If - like me - you never parried in the Dark Souls games you might ignore the mechanic in BB as I did up to that point. I did beat Cleric Beast first but Gascoigne is way harder if you aren't parrying so then I learned to parry and it's the greatest combat mechanic in video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Felix always dresses like the deckhand on the cover of a pirate romance novella whenever he knows he’s gonna talk to a girl that isn’t Amber, stream was cute