Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
people discovering that even Our Putative Enemies are human beings who do things has been a bit of fresh air among all the conveniently histrionic shrieking about coming oppression

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Has the taliban kicked all the crackers out yet

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Taliban urges women to join government

quote:

The Taliban urged women to join its government as Enamullah Samangani, a member of the Taliban’s cultural commission, made the first comments on governance from a federal level across the country after their blitz across the country.

“The Islamic Emirate doesn’t want women to be victims” Samangani said, using the militants’ term for Afghanistan. “They should be in government structure according to Shariah law.”

He added: “The structure of government is not fully clear, but based on experience, there should be a fully Islamic leadership and all sides should join.”

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

lmao if the Taliban end up being more progressive than the old government that will just snap people's brain like a twig

I mean I doubt it, but

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Lol if in 5 years afghanistan becomes a legit chill place to visit and do business in and progresses infra-structurally far faster than if America stayed.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Al-Saqr posted:

Lol if in 5 years afghanistan becomes a legit chill place to visit and do business in and progresses infra-structurally far faster than if America stayed.

this would just prove that the invasion was a good thing because it taught those Taliban boys a lesson or two on how to govern

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/DanBoeckner/status/1427474552439951361

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

the lingering effects of back pain due to poor lifting posture will make the taliban rue the day they crossed armerica :evilbuddy:

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

Life returns to normal in afghanistan, looks like ‘taliban revenge bloodbath’ scenario people were scared of was a fantasy

https://twitter.com/thekillidgroup/status/1427513095115747331?s=21

https://twitter.com/bsarwary/status/1427505626847096840?s=21

https://twitter.com/MiraqaPopal/sta...r%3D578lastpost

Life moves on, America joins the ranks of empires come and gone.

Here’s hoping the Taliban dont go full sicko a few months down the line.

Lmfao the Taliban really are gonna end up being infinitely more functional and popular than the neoliberal empire aren't they? Now they just need to sign those trade deals with Russia and China and get that 4 trillion dollar mineral industry rockin. The best part is that a lot the architects of this(Max Boot, Bill Krystal, Jennifer Rubin, etc) are all #resistance heroes malding on twitter.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

that dude is a millions times worse than champ girl lol

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the taliban might very well end up being better on balance than the old government simply because they're a disciplined movement that has actual principles besides naked self-interest, but that's more an indictment of the gang of corrupt rapist scum that made up the puppet government than anything else

Schnorkles posted:

is...

is that a man with an assault rifle in a bumper car

dudes rock

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Fleetwood posted:

that dude is a millions times worse than champ girl lol

he really sucks rear end OP

hasn't it been pretty debunked that the military is full of poor people pressed gang into doing imperial murder by promises of college money? like the higher income brackets are over repped across the board in their surveys so it's less "poor people with no choice forced to kill" and more "people okay with the prospect of murdering brown people to sidestep debt"

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I literally cannot get enough of the blue-tick pundits shrieking and making GBS threads themselves and rolling round in the poo poo lol.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

smarxist posted:

military is full of poor people pressed gang into doing imperial murder by promises of college money

As if this is a morally defensible position to begin with

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Gresh posted:

Lmfao the Taliban really are gonna end up being infinitely more functional and popular than the neoliberal empire aren't they? Now they just need to sign those trade deals with Russia and China and get that 4 trillion dollar mineral industry rockin. The best part is that a lot the architects of this(Max Boot, Bill Krystal, Jennifer Rubin, etc) are all #resistance heroes malding on twitter.

They're even social distancing

folks, you gotta hand it to them

wisconsingreg has issued a correction as of 10:08 on Aug 17, 2021

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Vasukhani posted:

Literally 100% of the western reaction is "women will burka now?!?!?! we have to kill all of them."

Gotta liberate these women from their bodies with our bombs.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Gresh posted:

no, not true, I am now receiving very credible reports from my very real source that the Taliban are now going house to house murdering ponies, the colour duck-egg blue, and the Christmas spirit

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Gresh posted:

https://twitter.com/andrewquilty/status/1427545795109265409
lmao

lolol

lmfao

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Honestly compulsory Burkas seem like a good idea with the delta variant running riot.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

Watch China Belt and Road a high speed rail line straight through in like 5 years and before Europe has managed to connect Paris and Berlin and the US has anything even resembling high speed rail and bridges collapsing become regular news stories.

The best revenge will be the laughter of their children indeed.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Gresh posted:

It wouldnt be hard.

Tell me has there ever been a more incompotent imperial overlord than the US

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lmao the US is so ideologically and systematically opposed to do literally anything that is to a common persons benefit that any alternative looks better.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty
https://twitter.com/Natsecjeff/status/1427543769969303553
https://twitter.com/TOLOnews/status/1427333124153827333
https://twitter.com/Salman_B_PK/status/1427561020139065344

gonna lol if the taliban end up being more of a liberal democracy than the puppet regime

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Orange Devil posted:

and before Europe has managed to connect Paris and Berlin
LOL there is a Paris-Strasbourg TGV line since 2007 and there are Straßburg-Berlin(okay KOELN-Berlin) high speed trains too, it's just a nightmare to unify/coordonate the rail companies. So don't drag the rest of the western world down with the USA rail system please.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 10:42 on Aug 17, 2021

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Zohar posted:

gonna lol if the taliban end up being more of a liberal democracy than the puppet regime

I wouldn’t go THaT far, it would still be super funny if they immediately improved the life of the average afghan but it’s likely we’re gonna get something in the ballpark of iran-Pakistan in terms of overall liberalness

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

This is horrifying, how could you post this violent patriarchal abuse? Women on TV?! The Taliban truly are monsters.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
https://twitter.com/RisboLensky/status/1427561777722798084

https://twitter.com/RisboLensky/status/1427567486476693506

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

hmmm interesting tweets

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 10:57 on Aug 17, 2021

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Al-Saqr? I barely new her!

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Toplowtech posted:

LOL there is a Paris-Strasbourg TGV line since 2007 and there are Straßburg-Berlin(okay KOELN-Berlin) high speed trains too, it's just a nightmare to unify/coordonate the rail companies. So don't drag the rest of the western world down with the USA rail system please.

lol

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I really wish the woke libs bellyaching about human rights abuses in Afghanistan would shut the gently caress up about it. Chauvinist Westerners with radically different ideas of rights no longer have any say in the matter.

Maybe the Taliban will listen though if we ask them really nicely?!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

paperwind posted:

I really wish the woke libs bellyaching about human rights abuses in Afghanistan would shut the gently caress up about it. Chauvinist Westerners with radically different ideas of rights no longer have any say in the matter.

Maybe the Taliban will listen though if we ask them really nicely?!

the country with humane child cages has something to say about human rights bub

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

I hear the term cages is subjective.

Just like torture camp. That's another highly subjective term for the military facility in Guantanamo Bay which is still loving open.

Not Bagram though, that torture camp is now closed.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Not just reportedly: The Taliban press officer in Doha has a WhatsApp group with journalists, where he answers questions.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

g*d is good

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Al-Saqr posted:

I’m fairly certain ISIS starting killing everyone in sight right away, I remember them murdering masses of Iraqi’s and immediately laying down their rules ruthlessly almost immediately

And the OG Taliban sacked Mazar-i-Sharif and pogromed the Hazara there. Riding up and down the streets on motorcycles with machine gun firing into crowds and homes and poo poo. They were absolutely the absolute opposite of chill when they took over places.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I read reading up on China's Belt and Road Initiative and came across this nugget:

quote:

In response the United States, Japan and Australia had formed a counter initiative, the Blue Dot Network in 2019.

yes. blue dots. who comes up with these names? I mean, belts and roads are tangible things and distill complicated geopolitical goodwill/nation building ideas down into useful objects. blue dots are space herpes.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
jesus christ the situation just split open

https://twitter.com/OmidSobhni/status/1427579655243149312?s=19

https://twitter.com/IntelCrab/status/1427580884463636481?s=09

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
so the guy waiting to become the likely president was a Co founder of the OG Taliban who was captured by the CIA and released at the request of the United States a few years ago to "play a constructive role in peace negotiations", so is the fix in or what? wasn't the last guy a stooge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well, those were an ok few days.