Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I am definitely down to play some factions with you all next time

PSN: sandwichestime

its been...awhile...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

i'll add you tonight

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Apparently a HBO rep said that the show could run for eight seasons? If the game is being adapted for season 1, and we have to wait a few years for part 2 to be adapted, I wonder what the rest is going to have?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

OldMemes posted:

Apparently a HBO rep said that the show could run for eight seasons? If the game is being adapted for season 1, and we have to wait a few years for part 2 to be adapted, I wonder what the rest is going to have?

Prequel season.

Time travel season.

Alternate timeline Horizon Zero Dawn season.

Movie tie-in season.

F A C T I O N S season.

Anime season.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

OldMemes posted:

8 seasons is too drat much. Probably means they are going to drag the hell out of both games.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Prequel season.

Time travel season.

Alternate timeline Horizon Zero Dawn season.

Movie tie-in season.

F A C T I O N S season.

Anime season.

Season 1 adapts everything through the end of fall.

Season 2 is Left Behind + the rest of the first game.

Seasons 3 + 4 are a dual narrative flashing between modern-day Joel and Tommy in Jackson and Joel and Tommy in their Hunter days.

Season 5 is a Marlene Gaiden season

Season 6 is the second game up through Ellie's Day 3 ending at the theater

Season 7 is the rest of the game

Season 8 is just a bunch of factions games

Pacing is questionable

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Season 3 is where a sadistic monster called Victor Grimes runs around booting people in the face while shouting “oh no, I’m sorry - sorry sorry!”

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Aidan_702 posted:

Season 3 is where a sadistic monster called Victor Grimes runs around booting people in the face while shouting “oh no, I’m sorry - sorry sorry!”

This made me belly laugh for ages this evening while lady vg and I were driving home. Victor Grimes is an incredible name. Might have to make it my steam name for a while :3:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

it's tlousday y'all

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

another extremely good naughty dog multiplayer retrospective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqcXrdQ0IBo

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Aug 10, 2021

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

alright pooper troopers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkFLGi1ik2g

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I thought of the best Factions challenge the other day but I'm not saying what it is until the next time I'm playing.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I thought of the best Factions challenge the other day but I'm not saying what it is until the next time I'm playing.

tues 17th 2pm your time

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m49MgsSYsYQ

Data mining shows potential BATTLE ROYALE assets

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
:barf:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m49MgsSYsYQ

Data mining shows potential BATTLE ROYALE assets

that sounds dope

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hell yeah, bring in the battlepass!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I really don't care if it has something like that if it means they actually support their game for once. ND's lack of community engagement has always been what's killed off their multiplayer ecosystems, and if it has some sort of battlepass-esque system in order to compensate for live services costs then that will be a net positive compared to community splintering map packs and guns that cost money. MTX and lack of dev support are the two biggest complaints people level at TLOU Factions.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Aug 17, 2021

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Battle passes are bar none the best approach to making money off multiplayer for all parties involved. Zero effect on gameplay, affordable and optional for players, continued free actual content updates that everyone has access to without fragmenting players... There's not a whole lot of downsides. I have no idea why people dog on them.

Do they want to go back to paying 15 dollars for map packs that half your friends won't even buy?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Factions Tuesday reconvenes in 14 hours.

Ready up. :clint:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
:ese:

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

There is no game out there other than TLOU that, plot-wise, is more appropriate for Battle Royale. I mean I can really see it working and from playing a fair bit of Apex I've got off the "BR is inherently bad train". My only problem is, would Factions BR be the slowest multiplayer game ever?

Until ofc Dark Souls: Battle for Anor Londor comes out

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Aidan_702 posted:

would Factions BR be the slowest multiplayer game ever?

man i loving hope so

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wanting a factions BR? You’re all sick. Broken. Just messed up.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
:unsmigghh:

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Okay, but what if we introduce rougelike elements

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I would like to play Factions 2 please.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Popping 6-7-8 WLF “Wlves” with a single explosive arrow by camping their spawns, I unlock a chain-kill power up bonus and finally get to play as “Sniper Rifle Tommy” for a few minutes before an enemy team member cashes in all her resources to craft “Abby’s 9-Iron” and proceeds to split my head like a coconut as I spam dance move emotes

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ellie-6, going dark.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Honestly if there's any unplucked fruit in the battle royale tree at this point, it's a slower paced BR where stealth is a viable tactic. I'm imagining Survivors with a bunch of squads on a huge map. That could be cool

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

acksplode posted:

Honestly if there's any unplucked fruit in the battle royale tree at this point, it's a slower paced BR where stealth is a viable tactic. I'm imagining Survivors with a bunch of squads on a huge map. That could be cool

Slower paced BR would just amplify the already ever present campiness in most BRs and not in a good way. You’d need another hook or twist to the formula to keep players engaged. Otherwise everyone will start bailing once they start running against roving mad squads of beanpoles that will sneak up and shiv a whole team before they have a chance to fight back.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Could be kinda cool if it was a mode with something like the hunt showdown with slightly more groups, so you're embarking on ad hoc incursions into buildings like a hospital, school, etc and encountering infected to get supplies and then potentially encountering enemy players in the depths or on the way out or whatever. You could have unscripted emergent battles with the players, infected and hunter groups.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 17, 2021

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Slower paced BR would just amplify the already ever present campiness in most BRs and not in a good way. You’d need another hook or twist to the formula to keep players engaged. Otherwise everyone will start bailing once they start running against roving mad squads of beanpoles that will sneak up and shiv a whole team before they have a chance to fight back.

This is entirely dependent on Map Design though, it’s only camp/focused if you give people places to camp. There is lots of design space within the realm of BR games we don’t have to assume they mean “Exactly Fortnite but with more blood”

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Yeah just look at Factions maps. They are carefully designed so that every position can be flanked. And the parts box mechanic encourages you to move around. I'm fully confident that ND knows how to handle that problem

acksplode fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 17, 2021

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

if 'the collapsing circle' is made of mushroom men that certainly puts a new spin on things

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

I would like to play Factions 2 please.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

if 'the collapsing circle' is made of mushroom men that certainly puts a new spin on things

Oh, like the round starts and there is a light trickle of runners and then as the match goes on the game releases increasingly giant waves of clickers and bloaters until eventually everyone is locked up in a high school gym juking each other with the bleachers as the infected break through windows… that would be tight

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Oh, like the round starts and there is a light trickle of runners and then as the match goes on the game releases increasingly giant waves of clickers and bloaters until eventually everyone is locked up in a high school gym juking each other with the bleachers as the infected break through windows… that would be tight

Yeah, the leaks suggest there are prolly PvE elements built in to the experience

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah, the leaks suggest there are prolly PvE elements built in to the experience

Sounds like Division Survival with no guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I would prefer a PvP focused game mode with PvE elements to a PvE game mode with PvP elements