Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Andrade El Idolo, AAA Triplemania XXIX, 14/08

One of my literal dream matches and it came good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

what a loving weekend

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

SatoshiMiwa posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Andrade El Idolo - Triplemania August 14th

gently caress Vince

:yeah:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Jerusalem posted:

Matches of the Year:

08/11 | Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks vs. Dante Martin & The Sydal Brothers - AEW Dynamite
08/13 | Kenny Omega (C) vs. Christian Cage for the Impact World Championship - AEW Rampage
08/14 | Kenny Omega (C) vs. Andrade El Idolo for the AAA Mega Championship - AAA Triplemania

When's the last time someone put together three MOTYCs in a four-day span (and none in a tourney setting!)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kenny's got to be a lock for Wrestler of the Year, right?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's him or Shingo IMO.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rarity posted:

Probably, but my vote is for Yoshi-Hashi

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
G1 is gonna push Shingo over the top

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

No, not with the year Shingo Takagi has had. And honestly, if he hadn't left Japan then Ospreay would be in the conversation too based on my top 10 matches of the year. But yeah, Shingo had 7 matches at 4.5* and 1 of those is the only ***** I've seen this year so he's absolutely in the conversation at least.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH Kawasaki, GO! August 15th
HM
Stinger (Yuya Susumu and Seiki Yoshioka)(c) vs Kongoh (Tadasuke and Aleja) - GHC Jr Tag Team Championships
- Because the division is a clusterfuck there was always the chance that Stinger could lose their first defence after a 14 day reign so there was a contant tension for the last few minutes. Aleja is a great addition to Kongoh and contrasts well with Tadasuke's smashmouth style and although not as good as Kongoh/MnS from last month this was still a great showcase for the Jr Heavyweights

Masato Tanaka (c) vs Takashi Sugiura (c) - ZERO1 Heavyweight Title and GHC National Titles on the line
- Two old dudes and former tag partners beat the hell out of each other in increasingly violent ways. Very enjoyable, but it really could have gone 15 minutes less and I would have been just as happy

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

SatoshiMiwa posted:

MOTYC: Lucha Bros vs El Vikingo/Laredo Kid vs Black Taurus and Brian Cage - Triplemania August 14th

Such a crazy sprint and Vikingo is the greatest flier in the world

Rarity posted:

NTH. Kenny vs Andrade was way better than I expected as AAA has a tendency to ruin their matches from time to time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

xbilkis posted:

When's the last time someone put together three MOTYCs in a four-day span (and none in a tourney setting!)

In terms of doing it in other companies, probably never

Doing it for other companies’ belts each time, absolutely never

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Summer Vacation August 15th
HM
Shinya Aoki (c) vs MAO - DDT Extreme Title - Hardcore Judo Match
- This was so loving weird and I loved it

37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata and Konosuke Takeshita) (c) vs Junretsu (Jun Akiyama and Yusuke Okada) - KO-D Tag Team Championships
- I suppose it's a testament to how good 37KAMIINA are that they had a great match that kept me engaged the whole way through yet I'm coming away feeling disappointed because I know they can do so much better. This is well worth watching since Uncle Jun and Okada held up their end as well, but compared to the Smile Pissari and Damnation matches it felt like was something missing

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Rarity posted:

Nth

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Princess Cup 8 Night 7 August 15th
HM
Miyu Yamashita vs Moka Miyamoto
- This wasn't going to go any other way, but our favourite karate girl got a lot more from the champ than I expected

BeeStar (Mirai Maiumi and Suzume) and Miu Watanabe vs Team Toyo (Kamiyu and Mahiro Kiryu) and Haruna Neko
- Kiryu was the standout for her team, but everyone was good here. Just a real fun match all around

NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) vs Hikari Noa and Arisu Endo
- Shenanigans abound, Bi-gun are an absolute delight every time they come to TJPW

Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki), Pom Harajuku and Nao Kakuta vs Aja Kong, Marika Kobashi, Rika Tatsumi and Raku
- Kong must have so much fun doing guest spots here

Maki Itoh vs Shoko Nakajima
- First 15 minutes were solid if uninspiring, but really picked up after the duelling forearms and had a really good ending, though not at the level of the two semis yesterday

Another awesome card, super entertaining the whole way down

Nth to all of this.

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Moose - NJPW Resurgence 8/15

I went back and forth on whether to go HM or MOTYC on this one and in the end I just had too much fun not to go whole hog. What a spectacularly well put together match, and it wasn't just all Ishii, Moose was the perfect opponent and they both did an insanely great job just beating the poo poo out of each other.

Yeah, gently caress it, Nth.

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Resurgence August 15th (or maybe 14th still over there idk)
HM
Lance Archer (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - IWGP US Championship
- Not as good as Tana's usual big matches, but Archer played the unstoppable force well

Actually I'm going to go MOTYC on this. The story just really worked for me.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Aug 15, 2021

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Rarity posted:

Him, Shingo, and Shun Skywalker are the front runners for me. Depends on how the back half of the year plays out.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

xbilkis posted:

Drew Parker put together 2 MOTYC & an HM in 3 days on 2 different continents in July which is the first thing that comes to mind. If it happened at any time it'd be during Wrestlemania Week would be my guess.

Oh, hold on, Will Ospreay had 3 between the 22nd & 24th May 2019 against El Phantasmo, Bandido & Ren Narita. And if you include the 26th he also had one with Robbie Eagles. 2019 BOSJ Ospreay was insane.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

forkboy84 posted:

Drew Parker put together 2 MOTYC & an HM in 3 days on 2 different continents in July which is the first thing that comes to mind. If it happened at any time it'd be during Wrestlemania Week would be my guess.

Deathmatches, at that! Big ones!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Moose NJPW Resurgence 14.08

BEEF BEEF BEEF WE'VE GOT ALL THE BEEF RIGHT HERE STEP RIGHT UP STEP RIGHT UP

Nth, gently caress

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Akileese posted:

NTH. Kenny vs Andrade was way better than I expected as AAA has a tendency to ruin their matches from time to time.

The camera director certainly tried to.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Moose NJPW Resurgence 14.08

BEEF BEEF BEEF WE'VE GOT ALL THE BEEF RIGHT HERE STEP RIGHT UP STEP RIGHT UP

Nthing, Ishii is the greatest and Moose was way better than I was led to believe.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Deathlove posted:

HM: Lucha Bros vs Laredo Kid/Hijo del Vikingo vs Taurus/Surprise Wrestler Brian Cage, Triplemania XXIX, 8/14/2021

SatoshiMiwa posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Andrade El Idolo - Triplemania August 14th

TTBF posted:

HM: Psycho Clown vs Rey Escorpion - Triplemania August 14th

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Princess Cup 8 Night 7 August 15th
HM
Miyu Yamashita vs Moka Miyamoto
- This wasn't going to go any other way, but our favourite karate girl got a lot more from the champ than I expected

BeeStar (Mirai Maiumi and Suzume) and Miu Watanabe vs Team Toyo (Kamiyu and Mahiro Kiryu) and Haruna Neko
- Kiryu was the standout for her team, but everyone was good here. Just a real fun match all around

NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) vs Hikari Noa and Arisu Endo
- Shenanigans abound, Bi-gun are an absolute delight every time they come to TJPW

Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki), Pom Harajuku and Nao Kakuta vs Aja Kong, Marika Kobashi, Rika Tatsumi and Raku
- Kong must have so much fun doing guest spots here

Maki Itoh vs Shoko Nakajima
- First 15 minutes were solid if uninspiring, but really picked up after the duelling forearms and had a really good ending, though not at the level of the two semis yesterday

Another awesome card, super entertaining the whole way down

SG Bamboo posted:

HM
Stinger (Yuya Susumu and Seiki Yoshioka)(c) vs Kongoh (Tadasuke and Aleja) - GHC Jr Tag Team Championships
- Because the division is a clusterfuck there was always the chance that Stinger could lose their first defence after a 14 day reign so there was a contant tension for the last few minutes. Aleja is a great addition to Kongoh and contrasts well with Tadasuke's smashmouth style and although not as good as Kongoh/MnS from last month this was still a great showcase for the Jr Heavyweights

Masato Tanaka (c) vs Takashi Sugiura (c) - ZERO1 Heavyweight Title and GHC National Titles on the line
- Two old dudes and former tag partners beat the hell out of each other in increasingly violent ways. Very enjoyable, but it really could have gone 15 minutes less and I would have been just as happy

Nth to all of those, what a great wrestling weekend.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

Throwing an Nth down for these

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
11th August
AEW Dynamite
Dante Martin, Matt Sydal & Mike Sydal vs The Elite (Kenny Omega, Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Roppongi 3K vs. El Desperado/Yoshinobu Kanemaru, NJPW Summer Struggle, 16/08

If you're like me and are only checking bits and pieces of New Japan this is one match you need to go out of your way to see

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
AAA Triplemania XXIX 8/14
HM: Marvel Lucha Libre Match - Arcano (El Hijo del Vikingo), Estrella Cosmica (Lady Maravilla) & Leyenda America (Octagon Jr.) vs Picudara Letal (Sexy Star), Terror Purpura (Brian Cage) & Venenoide (Taurus) - featuring El Furioso
HM: Battle Royale - Mr. Iguana vs Nino Hamburguesa vs Pimpinela Escarlata vs Tito Santana vs Villano III Jr. vs Argenic vs Carta Brava Jr. vs Mysteziz Jr. vs Mamba vs Mocho Cota Jr.
HM: Deonna Purrazzo (c) vs Faby Apache (c) - Title for Title, AAA & Impact Women's Championships
MOTYC: Lucha Bros (c) vs Hijo del Vikingo & Laredo Kid vs Taurus & Brian Cage - AAA Tag Championship
HM: Chessman, Murder Clown & Pagano vs Sam Adonis, Puma King & DMT Azul
MOTYC: Kenny Omega (c) vs Andrade el Idolo - AAA Mega Championship
HM: Psycho Clown vs Rey Escorpion - Mask vs Hair

NJPW Resurgence 8/14
HM: Alex Coughlin vs Karl Fredericks
HM: Fred Rosser, Rocky Romero & Wheeler Yuta vs Clark Connors, Ren Narita & TJP
HM: Yuya Uemura, Lio Rush, Chris Dickinson, Fred Yehi & Adrian Quest vs Team Filthy (Filthy Tom Lawlor, JR Kratos, Danny Limelight & West Coast Wrecking Crew (Royce Isaacs & Jorel Nelson))
MOTYC: Moose vs Tomohiro Ishii
HM: Jay White (c) vs David Finlay - NEVER Openweight Championship
HM: Lance Archer (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - US Championship

TJPW Princess Cup Finals 8/15
HM: Miyu Yamashita vs Moka Miyamota
HM: Miu Watanaba, Mirai Maiumi & Suzume vs Kamiyu, Haruna Neko & Mahiro Kiryu
HM: Neo Bishiki-Gun (Sakisama & Mei Saint-Michel) vs Hikari Noa & Arisu Endo
HM: Aja Kong, Raku, Rika Tatsumi & Marika Kobashi vs Yuka Sakazaki, Mizuki, Pom Harajuku & Nao Kakuta
MOTYC: Maki Itoh vs Shoko Nakajima - Princess Cup Finals

what a weekend

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
15th August
All Japan Royal Road 2021 Night 1 Afternoon Show
Royal Road 1st Round
Kuma Arashi vs Shigehiro Irie

Show needed this. A lot. Very pedestrian until these two undersized beef boys came out.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
23rd July
Tokyo Joshi Pro Tokyo Princess Cup Night 2
Tokyo Princess Cup 2021 1st Round
Hikari Noa vs Rika Tatsumi

I mostly wish Hikari Noa & the 3 or 4 other TJPW wrestlers I like would just wrestle somewhere else so I could drop this promotion. But alas

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
8/16 Dark Elevation

HM: Joey Janela vs Alan Angels
HM: PAC vs Anthony Bowens
HM: TH2 vs Lucha Bros.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Bullet Club (Taiji Ishimori & ELP) vs Suzuki-Gun (El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru) NJPW Summer Struggle 17.08

Just a great match involving two great teams beating the absolute poo poo out of each other.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
AEW Dark Elevation 8/16
HM: Kiera Hogan vs Hikaru Shida
HM: Lucha Bros vs TH2

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Lucha Brothers vs. The Hybrid 2, AEW Dark Elevation, 16/08

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 8/16
HM: Kiera Hogan vs Hikaru Shida
HM: Lucha Bros vs TH2

nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
13th August
AEW Rampage
Impact World Title
Kenny Omega vs Christian Cage

HM
13th August
AEW Rampage
AEW Women's World Title
Dr Britt Baker DMD vs Red Velvet

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Bullet Club (Taiji Ishimori & ELP) vs Suzuki-Gun (El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru) NJPW Summer Struggle 17.08

Just a great match involving two great teams beating the absolute poo poo out of each other.

I'll Nth this. The Wato/Eagles interactions in the match before it were actually very good as well.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: AZM, Momo Watanabe, Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita vs. Giulia, Maika, Natsupoi & Syuri, Stardom New Year Stars, Feb 20

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
24th July
Ice Ribbon #1135 Summer Jumbo Ribbon
Rebel X Enemy (Ram Kaicho & Rina Yamashita) vs Suzu Suzuki & Totoro Satsuki

A match that exists to build to the FantastICE Title Match between Yamashita & Suzuki (finally makes it to SamuraiTV on Saturday and I cannot wait, unsure how I've managed to avoid spoilers) and it's absolutely great at that. Leaves you wanting more.

HM
24th July
Ice Ribbon #1135 Summer Jumbo Ribbon
International Ribbon Tag Team Titles
Akane Fujita & Risa Sera vs Hiroyo Matsumoto & Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Rebel X Enemy (Maika Ozaki & Maya Yukihi)

Match if the show. Matsumoto was champ but got stripped after he partner was injured so we get this to name new champs. International Ribbon tag title matches have such a good hit rate.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
AEW Dark 8/17
HM: Matt Hardy vs Wheeler Yuta
HM: Kiera Hogan vs Kris Statlander
HM: Brandon Cutler vs Frankie Kazarian
HM: Varsity Blondes (Griff Garrison & Brian Pillman Jr) & Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus) vs The Wingmen (Peter Avalon, JD Drake, Ryan Nemeth, Cezar Bononi)
HM: Dante Martin vs Lee Moriarty

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dark 8/17
HM: Matt Hardy vs Wheeler Yuta
HM: Kiera Hogan vs Kris Statlander
HM: Brandon Cutler vs Frankie Kazarian
HM: Varsity Blondes (Griff Garrison & Brian Pillman Jr) & Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus) vs The Wingmen (Peter Avalon, JD Drake, Ryan Nemeth, Cezar Bononi)
HM: Dante Martin vs Lee Moriarty

Nth these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
24th July
TJPW Tokyo Princess Cup Night 3
Tokyo Princess Cup 2nd Round
Miyu Yamashita vs. Yuki Kamifuku