Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you prefer the extended summer thread format?
This poll is closed.
Yes 126 44.21%
No 39 13.68%
I'm Scottish 120 42.11%
Total: 285 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

My favourite Grimsby fact is that several of the villages nearby have:

code:
Street
Village
Near Grimsby
Postcode
in their address, rather than:

code:
Street
Village
Grimsby
Postcode
They don't even want to be associated with the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.

Mebh posted:

I've always wanted to go to grimsby. Don't really know why, but it can't be as bad as Blackpool in the off season can it?

It’s pretty grim, OP. No experience of Blackpool but Grimsby is just run down.

I’m near enough that it’s the go-to place for weekly shopping and amenities that we don’t have, so I’m in there regularly. I always feel slightly better on my way out.

Weelsby Woods is a nice stroll if you’re in that area, but honestly that’s about it.

Edit: ^ What he said.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Shayan86/status/1427245800468402181

https://twitter.com/Shayan86/status/1427291155478220801

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
They should have had someone stake out the building and take pics of all the elites going in.

Unless they use the secret tunnels from Westminster or whatever

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Lizards don't appear on film.

Or is that vampires?...

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
My only enduring memories of Grimsby are that there's a massive chippy called Grimsby Fisheries around here and also that Sacha Baron Cohen attempted to mock it in a bad movie and the whole of the Midlands got together and told him he was being a dick.

Are they wrong? :v:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

My only knowledge of Grimsby is that more people there voted to leave the EU than anywhere else in the country and now the local economy has been completely destroyed by it.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Guavanaut posted:

Are they wrong? :v:

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

i've had a piss on that building, so I assume I'm doing my part for the cause

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

On the recent subject of electric murder cars. Ardingly College: Six children and parent hit by Tesla

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

fuctifino posted:

On the recent subject of electric murder cars. Ardingly College: Six children and parent hit by Tesla

It’s ok though, the driver was fine

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The Autopilot has a taste for human blood.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

fuctifino posted:

You're just jealous :c00lbutt:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

fuctifino posted:

Look, do you not realise how many lives the Tesla autopilot saved there? If the driver had not been paying any attention at the wheel in a car with no autopilot there could have been dozens of casualties.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

fuctifino posted:

I assume it was maouvering around some wheelie bins.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

keep punching joe posted:

I assume it was maouvering around some wheelie bins.
The AI quickly looked up the value of the bins and correctly ascertained that in the UK, it is higher than human life.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/arghkid/status/1427574857668124686

Mebh
May 10, 2010

^ gotta love the normalisation and signal boosting of lovely right wing talking points that were organised before the evacuation. The guardian can't go under soon enough.

Why are they so loving terrified of refugees. Is it because if people realise they they're entirely fine normal people who can contribute a shitload to any society they join... The whole right wing bogeyman falls apart?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The AI quickly looked up the value of the bins and correctly ascertained that in the UK, it is higher than human life.

I mean, they could have housed at least 10 homeless refugees.

Mebh fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Aug 17, 2021

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Mebh posted:

I mean, they could have housed at least 10 homeless refugees.

Reminds me, Scotlab guy today floated the idea of building a big refugee concentration camp to own the Nats.

https://twitter.com/ianssmart/status/1427342378214563842

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/Harryb22/status/1427294427836567555?s=19

Oh dear.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

I can literally see a whole bunch of women without even expanding the image. Is she genuinely being dumb or is this some kind of dog whistle?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The Perfect Element posted:

I can literally see a whole bunch of women without even expanding the image. Is she genuinely being dumb or is this some kind of dog whistle?
She's saying the men should have stayed and fought.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Love that Nancy Pelosi energy. E.g.:

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Reading Lisa Nandy’s tweet, the official Labour position seems to be that the UK military should unilaterally redeploy to Afghanistan?

They are beyond comprehension to me at this point. I can’t even believe they’re Tory plants because not even the Tories are that dumb.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

domhal posted:

Good to see Nancy had as much faith in Harris as anyone with a brain

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

A whole bunch of women, a cropped image, and a far-right dogwhistle that's been going since Syria Somalia the Rescue of the Danish Jews the Piedmontese Easter probably the Siege of Carthage or some poo poo.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

peanut- posted:

Reading Lisa Nandy’s tweet, the official Labour position seems to be that the UK military should unilaterally redeploy to Afghanistan?

They are beyond comprehension to me at this point. I can’t even believe they’re Tory plants because not even the Tories are that dumb.

Labour politicians are more stupid than the even the tories

In the same way the Labour Party and membership are more sexist and racist than the tories when it comes to picking a leader

It's a poo poo party is what I'm getting at and most of the good will it gets is false team red bullshit you're taught from birth depending on your family voting habits

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
If anyone is bored of hearing about What3Words, someone has launched a better alternative for the UK:. FourKingMaps...

https://www.theregister.com/2021/08/14/sweary_four_word_map/

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Aug 17, 2021

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Communist Thoughts posted:

It's a poo poo party is what I'm getting at and most of the good will it gets is false team red bullshit you're taught from birth depending on your family voting habits

It’s hard to break OP, all my Lamarckian inherited instincts make me want to believe that they mean well but they don’t. They are very bad people!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pablo Bluth posted:

If anyone is bored of hearing about What3Words, someone has launched a better alternative for the UK:. FourKingMaps...

"I created a unique 4 swear word identifier for every 3m by 3m (approx) square in the UK & Ireland. I wanted to know where 'wanker oval office arse gently caress' was and it turns out it's in Darlington."

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Pablo Bluth posted:

Can confirm my football team is based at naff.shitnubbin.pussylicker.fucktrumpet

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I wanted to know where 'wanker oval office arse gently caress' was and it turns out it's in Darlington."

I could have told you that.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Feel like I should just delete the app now and come back in a week when everyone has stopped posting "my neighbours house that I hate is arse.fanny" or whatever

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Feel like I should just delete the app now and come back in a week when everyone has stopped posting "my neighbours house that I hate is arse.fanny" or whatever

Just read the CSPAM thread instead

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Oh yeah? Well in a week's time I'm going to post a link to thismpdoesnotexist.com :smug:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

Just read the CSPAM thread instead

Don't even know what you're talking about tbh, prob better that way

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Kate_M_Proctor/status/1427597266106339331

Imagine how many salaries could have been paid with the amount of money they paid to some shiny-suited MBA to come up with this bollocks

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
This thread has reminded me that I have a bunch of walking simulators I need to play:

Dear Esther
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
What Remains of Edith Finch
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Anyone got any other recommendations? (I have already played Firewatch and Gone Home)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think I might actually just start screaming and never stop if you forced me to listen to that, christ alive.

Lamont posted:

This thread has reminded me that I have a bunch of walking simulators I need to play:

Dear Esther
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
What Remains of Edith Finch
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Anyone got any other recommendations? (I have already played Firewatch and Gone Home)

Following the pattern I have to assume there should be one called "Ewan Used To Be Here" and "Eric Went Home But Left His Keys At The Party"

I don't go for walking sims personally, but I think the more recent Prey game from Arkane lets you play it in a story mode, and does have a very good exploration/story side to it.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Aug 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

domhal posted:

Dem's are at least good at fundraising, imagine being less competent than them.

tornbee's tweet was deleted what did it say?