Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

HookShot posted:

I desperately hope that all of this backlash leads to so many skeletons coming out of the closet that not only does Richards lose the hosting position but that they also fire him as EP.

What can I say, I'm an optimist.

- Jeopardy Champion Hookshot, noted smart person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I really hope that proves to be correct.....

Anyone else in here in LL? A friend of mine finally got in, then finally got an invite for me before this season and I'm loving it so far.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
LL is awesome. PM me and I'll get you into the cool FB group.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
I don't hate Matt, he's really growing on me, I just root against him to the extent that I don't want it to be a runaway in Final Jeopardy. Last night's final was really drat hard.

And we were really, REALLY, wanting to see another cute blue haired off-standard Nikole/Nicolle living in the Midwest take down a multi week champion!

The energy I get from Matt is the same I got from Courtney Shah: "please make this nightmare end." Except while Shah kept accidentally limping into a victory, Matt is trying his hardest the whole time.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Anyone else in here in LL? A friend of mine finally got in, then finally got an invite for me before this season and I'm loving it so far.
i am, yeah. it's my favorite week of the year -- proctored championship results come out and we see who's been cheating all year (and then, nothing happens to them)

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Duckman2008 posted:

This but Leslie Jones.

She would unironically rule , she does great at super market sweep.

No she doesn't, all she does is scream at the contestants

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Mantis42 posted:

No she doesn't, all she does is scream at the contestants

Yes, and?

I'm with Duckman, we recently discovered this (my wife had never seen the original and I went searching) and it's been great.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Truly the only worthy successor for Alex Trebek would have been Will Ferrell as Alex Trebek.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
But who will inherit the Concentration empire?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

But who will inherit the Concentration empire?

Whoever NBC decides is the flavor of the week that week. Conditional on whenever they realize they own the IP.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Whoever NBC decides is the flavor of the week that week. Conditional on whenever they realize they own the IP.

Don't tempt them. They'd probably pair it with College Bowl and make Eli Manning the host.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Island Nation posted:

Don't tempt them. They'd probably pair it with College Bowl and make Eli Manning the host.

Oh yeah, lemme just get on the horn with the people keeping saturday night live on the air and caution them against poor casting decisions.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
All the fans got screwed when Isiah Whitlock, Jr. was not chosen as the permanent host

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Oh yeah, lemme just get on the horn with the people keeping saturday night live on the air and caution them against poor casting decisions.

LOL

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

xarph posted:

Truly the only worthy successor for Alex Trebek would have been Will Ferrell as Alex Trebek.

I still think it's bullshit that they never had Alex do a full SNL Celebrity Jeopardy episode. I know he got a cameo at the very end but come on, dude could have loving killed

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I still think it's bullshit that they never had Alex do a full SNL Celebrity Jeopardy episode. I know he got a cameo at the very end but come on, dude could have loving killed

It's kind of a pity that while he was a trained versatile emcee for CBC, he was piegon holed into just playing as Jeopardy or Jeopardy-ish host when away from the lectern. The one exception being the X-Files and even then he was a substitute for Johnny Cash given he was playing the Man in Black.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Island Nation posted:

It's kind of a pity that while he was a trained versatile emcee for CBC, he was piegon holed into just playing as Jeopardy or Jeopardy-ish host when away from the lectern.
It often didn’t go well when Alex stepped outside his comfort zone.

quote:

It was a surreal moment in the middle of a surreal news cycle. Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf (D) and his Republican challenger, Scott Wagner, sat on stage, their faces frozen and their hands clasped. And Alex Trebek, the “Jeopardy!” host and the moderator of Monday night’s debate, let loose, joking that the only thing with a lower approval rating than the Pennsylvania legislature was the Catholic Church.

Polite laughter from the audience quickly turned to boos.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
I'm guessing this means a few more weeks of Alex repeats before the new era begins:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Jeopardy/status/1426921623576223746?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Ok I like Matt now

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

"Whats... burn?"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

That's a good joke though.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
That Matt guy is good and all, but man does he pronounce a lot of words weirdly.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Like what? I guess he’s the type of person to only read things and not know how people generally pronounce them. I have the same affliction, so I haven’t noticed anything out of the ordinary.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I don't know about pronunciation, but he does that thing that annoys me where he answers everything with "What is..." no matter what the answer is. As in, "What is Obama?"

It's minor, but it bugs me. I'll get over it, though, thanks to that burn above.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

thrawn527 posted:

he answers everything with "What is What's..." no matter what the answer is.

FTFY

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It’s more efficient. Less brainpower devoted to forming the grammatically correct question is more brainpower directed to recall and buzzer speed.

This is war, people

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

He also does the thing where he signals first, says “what’s…?” and then comes up with the correct response.

Total pro move.

Taken to extreme last week where he said “what’s [10 second pause] dinosaur?” “Be more specific” [10 second pause] “t-Rex”

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
Yeah, he's said the "What's" is a deliberate tactic, removing even that tiny delay in trying to figure out what question to use.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

mlnhd posted:

He also does the thing where he signals first, says “what’s…?” and then comes up with the correct response.

Total pro move.

Taken to extreme last week where he said “what’s [10 second pause] dinosaur?” “Be more specific” [10 second pause] “t-Rex”

I don't think he's doing the Alex Jacob(?) deliberate stalling though. I don't remember them hitting the time limit hardly at all during his run.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

That T-Rex clue seemed especially blatant, but I agree he is not doing it on every clue or even most clues.

The whole time I was screaming at the TV because everyone knows the T-Rex at the Field Museum in Chicago is named Sue. They even named a beer after it.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

mlnhd posted:

Total pro move.

I like Matt, but I was mad on this one, they def have him too much time. Hasn’t overall been an issue, but still.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

mlnhd posted:

That T-Rex clue seemed especially blatant, but I agree he is not doing it on every clue or even most clues.

The whole time I was screaming at the TV because everyone knows the T-Rex at the Field Museum in Chicago is named Sue. They even named a beer after it.

I'm unashamed that I knew that from Dresden Files.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

They replayed Lizard's episode tonight

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
I’d like to shoot the wad, Alex

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Dienes posted:

I'm unashamed that I knew that from Dresden Files.
:yeah: thats the best way for me to retain trivia. You learn a fact, and then it’s reinforced by some tangential or recreational activity, and then you know it forever.

I will never forget that the t-Rex is named Sue, because I saw it in person, and because the beer is really good. I always made a special effort to buy some when I travelled to Des Moines or Quad Cities for work.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I know it because it's the only famous named dinosaur skeleton.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
Dippy the diplodocus says hi.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Groovelord Neato posted:

I know it because it's the only famous named dinosaur skeleton.

Why you gotta do my boy Stan like that?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

christmas boots posted:

Why you gotta do my boy Stan like that?

Older, bigger, and more complete. Sue is queen of the tyrant lizards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
DInosaur misandry, you hate to see it...